Boston Acoustics VS/ Vista VPS210 any good? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was offered to buy a used BA VPS210 subwoofer for a reasonable sum. I've read that some say it's perhaps one of the best below 2k subs on the market while others say it doesn't have power enough. Not that I play very loud for starters. Views and ideas? Any input on this sub highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry - forgot to opt for notification.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_truelove View Post

I was offered to buy a used BA VPS210 subwoofer for a reasonable sum. I've read that some say it's perhaps one of the best below 2k subs on the market while others say it doesn't have power enough. Not that I play very loud for starters. Views and ideas? Any input on this sub highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonas

For $2k you probably can find something that has better extension, output, etc. You can only get so much out of a 10" woofer.

What is the selling price of the BA VPS210?
post #4 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:

Cheers,
Jonas

I wouldn't eat that Elmer, in other words, I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-02-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Cheers, but I meant the sub was 1700 new, right, putting it into the under 2k segment. The price suggestion was 500 in very good condition. Now, what do I need to know about this sub?
post #6 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Cheers, but I meant the sub was 1700 new, right, putting it into the under 2k segment. The price suggestion was 500 in very good condition. Now, what do I need to know about this sub?

I am a Boston Acoustics fanatic. Don't do it. You can get a LLOOOOOOOOOTTT more sub BRAND NEW for that money. Please don't do it, even though I own so many of their speakers.
audiofan1 likes this.

Politics is like religion. You never know who you serve.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-03-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

I am a Boston Acoustics fanatic. Don't do it. You can get a LLOOOOOOOOOTTT more sub BRAND NEW for that money. Please don't do it, even though I own so many of their speakers.

Please elaborate on that. The way I understand it the VPS is supposed to be a pretty flash sub, if not their top notch model. And what other subs would you suggest for $500 new that would beat a $1700 one.

Been looking into the BK XXLS400 which would be roughly this kind of money, and it may actually be more in line with my ideal - closed cab, 12", Class AB amp and even better extension than the Boston, I hear.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Still haven't been given any suggestion for a sub that would have better performance at this price point new.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Still haven't been given any suggestion for a sub that would have better performance at this price point new.

Epik Legend(499), HSU VTF2MK3(509), VTF1(399), STF2(349, Outlaw LFM1-Plus(549), Rythmik FV12(549), Emotiva Ultra 12(429) to name a few. I would go with the Epik Legend. I owned the larger version(Empire) and it is the best sounding sub I have ever owned.

post #10 of 13 Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

Epik Legend(499), HSU VTF2MK3(509), VTF1(399), STF2(349, Outlaw LFM1-Plus(549), Rythmik FV12(549), Emotiva Ultra 12(429) to name a few. I would go with the Epik Legend. I owned the larger version(Empire) and it is the best sounding sub I have ever owned.

Cheers! That's great and I'm happy for you that you have such fine subwoofer brands in the States. Finding one here reckoning $1 would equal as much as 10 SeK (all fees and other paid this is 'the true rate') is not an easy task. 13 SeK seems more feasible or closer to $650 per unit. Goes without saying it's a no-go, unfortunately.
post #11 of 13 Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:

Cheers! That's great and I'm happy for you that you have such fine subwoofer brands in the States. Finding one here reckoning $1 would equal as much as 10 SeK (all fees and other paid this is 'the true rate') is not an easy task. 13 SeK seems more feasible or closer to $650 per unit. Goes without saying it's a no-go, unfortunately.

I thought you were in the US. . Folks tend to state where they are from. Put your location in the subject header and see if you find any local recommendations.

post #12 of 13 Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_truelove View Post

Please elaborate on that.
The way I understand it the VPS is supposed to be a pretty flash sub, if not their top notch model. And what other subs would you suggest for $500 new that would beat a $1700 one.

Been looking into the BK XXLS400 which would be roughly this kind of money, and it may actually be more in line with my ideal - closed cab, 12", Class AB amp and even better extension than the Boston, I hear.
I've had the vps210 for about 4 years and while it might night hit as low as I would like, it's a fantastic sub. Very tight and is great for movies and music. I wish I could find a 2nd but I have the maple one and it's hard to find.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JethroFloyd View Post

I've had the vps210 for about 4 years and while it might night hit as low as I would like, it's a fantastic sub. Very tight and is great for movies and music. I wish I could find a 2nd but I have the maple one and it's hard to find.
Not hit* not night.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page