Boston Acoustics VS/ Vista VPS210 any good? - AVS Forum
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Boston Acoustics VS/ Vista VPS210 any good?
joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 06:27 PM 07-02-2011
I was offered to buy a used BA VPS210 subwoofer for a reasonable sum. I've read that some say it's perhaps one of the best below 2k subs on the market while others say it doesn't have power enough. Not that I play very loud for starters. Views and ideas? Any input on this sub highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonas

joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 06:28 PM 07-02-2011
Sorry - forgot to opt for notification.
bearchan's Avatar bearchan 06:58 PM 07-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_truelove View Post

I was offered to buy a used BA VPS210 subwoofer for a reasonable sum. I've read that some say it's perhaps one of the best below 2k subs on the market while others say it doesn't have power enough. Not that I play very loud for starters. Views and ideas? Any input on this sub highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonas

For $2k you probably can find something that has better extension, output, etc. You can only get so much out of a 10" woofer.

What is the selling price of the BA VPS210?
sputter1's Avatar sputter1 07:16 PM 07-02-2011
Quote:

Cheers,
Jonas

I wouldn't eat that Elmer, in other words, I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement.
joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 07:40 PM 07-02-2011
Cheers, but I meant the sub was 1700 new, right, putting it into the under 2k segment. The price suggestion was 500 in very good condition. Now, what do I need to know about this sub?
morrischestnut60's Avatar morrischestnut60 08:35 AM 07-03-2011
Quote:

Cheers, but I meant the sub was 1700 new, right, putting it into the under 2k segment. The price suggestion was 500 in very good condition. Now, what do I need to know about this sub?

I am a Boston Acoustics fanatic. Don't do it. You can get a LLOOOOOOOOOTTT more sub BRAND NEW for that money. Please don't do it, even though I own so many of their speakers.
joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 08:54 AM 07-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

I am a Boston Acoustics fanatic. Don't do it. You can get a LLOOOOOOOOOTTT more sub BRAND NEW for that money. Please don't do it, even though I own so many of their speakers.

Please elaborate on that. The way I understand it the VPS is supposed to be a pretty flash sub, if not their top notch model. And what other subs would you suggest for $500 new that would beat a $1700 one.

Been looking into the BK XXLS400 which would be roughly this kind of money, and it may actually be more in line with my ideal - closed cab, 12", Class AB amp and even better extension than the Boston, I hear.
joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 12:37 PM 07-12-2011
Still haven't been given any suggestion for a sub that would have better performance at this price point new.
morrischestnut60's Avatar morrischestnut60 07:51 AM 07-13-2011
Quote:

Still haven't been given any suggestion for a sub that would have better performance at this price point new.

Epik Legend(499), HSU VTF2MK3(509), VTF1(399), STF2(349, Outlaw LFM1-Plus(549), Rythmik FV12(549), Emotiva Ultra 12(429) to name a few. I would go with the Epik Legend. I owned the larger version(Empire) and it is the best sounding sub I have ever owned.
joey_truelove's Avatar joey_truelove 09:02 AM 07-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

Epik Legend(499), HSU VTF2MK3(509), VTF1(399), STF2(349, Outlaw LFM1-Plus(549), Rythmik FV12(549), Emotiva Ultra 12(429) to name a few. I would go with the Epik Legend. I owned the larger version(Empire) and it is the best sounding sub I have ever owned.

Cheers! That's great and I'm happy for you that you have such fine subwoofer brands in the States. Finding one here reckoning $1 would equal as much as 10 SeK (all fees and other paid this is 'the true rate') is not an easy task. 13 SeK seems more feasible or closer to $650 per unit. Goes without saying it's a no-go, unfortunately.
morrischestnut60's Avatar morrischestnut60 09:22 AM 07-13-2011
Quote:

Cheers! That's great and I'm happy for you that you have such fine subwoofer brands in the States. Finding one here reckoning $1 would equal as much as 10 SeK (all fees and other paid this is 'the true rate') is not an easy task. 13 SeK seems more feasible or closer to $650 per unit. Goes without saying it's a no-go, unfortunately.

I thought you were in the US. . Folks tend to state where they are from. Put your location in the subject header and see if you find any local recommendations.
JethroFloyd's Avatar JethroFloyd 09:15 PM 03-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_truelove View Post

Please elaborate on that.
The way I understand it the VPS is supposed to be a pretty flash sub, if not their top notch model. And what other subs would you suggest for $500 new that would beat a $1700 one.

Been looking into the BK XXLS400 which would be roughly this kind of money, and it may actually be more in line with my ideal - closed cab, 12", Class AB amp and even better extension than the Boston, I hear.
I've had the vps210 for about 4 years and while it might night hit as low as I would like, it's a fantastic sub. Very tight and is great for movies and music. I wish I could find a 2nd but I have the maple one and it's hard to find.
JethroFloyd's Avatar JethroFloyd 09:16 PM 03-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JethroFloyd View Post

I've had the vps210 for about 4 years and while it might night hit as low as I would like, it's a fantastic sub. Very tight and is great for movies and music. I wish I could find a 2nd but I have the maple one and it's hard to find.
Not hit* not night.
Up
Mobile  Desktop