post #271 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdman View Post

Talk about shock and awe! Even that DTS-10 is starting to look small in the corner! The garage is your weapons magazine!

Ha funny I thought the same thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
No live feed?? LOL
post #273 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Show time

-Greg

post #274 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I can feel the (((((BASS))))) at my house!

HH
post #275 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 AM

Liked: 19
Let the BOOM BOOM begin !!!

post #276 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhead1230 View Post

+1. I am definitely a little jealous of this get together. I think we need a east coast get together like this. I have a submersive hp and possibly a submersive f2 in the near future that I am willing to bring to a get together.

For everyone participating this weekend, just remember this is supposed to be a fun hobby. Don't let any testing, bickering or the inevitable fan boys get in the way of that. And hopefully everyone will learn something with the different OEMs that are going to be represented.

-Mike

+10 on that. Northeast would be ideal. I have a dragon and a legend I can bring out to play.
post #277 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Liked: 21
Greg was nice enough to let me setup a little 2 channel listening demo upstairs.

post #278 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Nice!
post #279 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Let's see some action shots fellas!

My Quad LMS Ultra 5400 Build:

post #280 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post

Greg was nice enough to let me setup a little 2 channel listening demo upstairs.

Don't let that wedding picture fall down behind the speakers! Rumors would start about Captivators breaking up happy homes.
post #281 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Come on, someone there must at least have an iPhone to post "Oh my God. These Growlers, Francine. Oh my God, these Growlers, oh my God."

|
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #282 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

if there are any interesting beers there we want to see pics of those too please.
post #283 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on the day. These GTG's are a blast!

post #284 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 66
was a lot of fun, im completely busted ass tired.
post #285 of 308 Old 10-22-2011, 09:43 PM

Was an excellent time. Hopefully get high res photos to Flickr tomorrow evening. Took approximately 125. I think the sub 20hz range either cleared my sinuses or numbed my head. Anyway thanks for hospitality and catch you all on the followup wave thread.
post #286 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 05:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Looks like you had a great line up of products. Looking forward to hearing results and seeing many pictures. Wish I could have been there.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #287 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks to Greg for being such a gracious host! I really enjoyed my time. Got to meet some great people and hear some great speakers. Can't wait to get my next house built so I can upgrade.
post #288 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I feel like I got put in a dryer for 12 hours. I need some ibuprofen, then football, I'll start getting after the documentation tonight. Will have some stuff to post then.

-Greg

post #289 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Still on the road headed home. Will post later this week.
post #290 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminbass View Post

if there are any interesting beers there we want to see pics of those too please.

Gotcha covered. Ales American and imported, Lager, Weizenbier, Lambics, Marzen, and I think I spied a Stout.

Attachment 225993

Attachment 225994

This guy was a complete animal.
LL
LL

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

post #291 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I feel like I got put in a dryer for 12 hours. I need some ibuprofen, then football, I'll start getting after the documentation tonight. Will have some stuff to post then.

My pounding headache finally went away after a nap this afternoon when I got back to KC. Too little sleep three days in a row I think is the root of that. Thanks for hosting us a couple nights! Now to work on the writeup.

Oh by the way --

ported subs are better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

This guy [dog] was a complete animal.

That poor German Shepard, we must have drove him to drinking a few extra that night after we ate all that awesome BBQ on the other side of those big windows! According to Greg, the dogs were trying to make it through the window screens last night and made some pretty sizable holes. I know I heard the dogs shoulder charge the big windows a few times myself while I was eating my plate of BBQ. Craig and I chuckled about that.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #292 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post

I seen an iNuke....

Powering the Caps?

Denon 4311ci with Mini DSP and antimodeL/R -DIYSOUND tempest towers (40" tall towers)C - DIYSOUND alchemy 8LS/RS - community D6MACHTSUB SYSTEM2-Stereo Integrity HST-18 D1 subs (happy dance) in dual 12 cuft ported tuned 16hzSub amp- Speakerpower SP2-12000
post #293 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
can't wait to see the results, scores, pictures or perhaps videos, it would be best if you guys can tell us all the settings (e.g. boost frequency & level, gain, high & low pass filter, crossover, listening volume.....etc.) applied on the sub as well
post #294 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I thought Jeff had some way more expensive amp powering the Caps upstairs.
Those inukes are so light, it just feels weird calling it an amp and it weighing 5 lbs.

My german shepherd is still spent. I'm back sitting in the corner bar seat, and there he is again passed out.

-Greg

post #295 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
ya, as told by Archaea, he said Jeff had brought a Lab Gruppen FP7000 amp, too bad he didn't tried it on the Cap, would love to hear from Jeff what settings (gain & VPL) he would use on the FP7000 to drive the Cap
post #296 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

The place we had the caps set up, there were many nice pictures and knickknacks around. That gruppen amp would have taken stuff off the walls. In all seriousness I was quite surprised how well the nuke did on the caps though.
post #297 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Sort of off-topic, but I hooked up the pair of Chase Home Theater WAF-1 speakers I purchased from Craig at the meet and have been listening to them for the last couple hours in stereo mode with no sub. I'm very impressed. They sound very nice, I'm glad I picked them up! I was impressed with all of Craig's products, and it was the first time I'd heard any of them.

post #298 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Sort of off-topic, but I hooked up the pair of Chase Home Theater WAF-1 speakers I purchased from Craig at the meet and have been listening to them for the last couple hours in stereo mode with no sub. I'm very impressed. They sound very nice, I'm glad I picked them up! I was impressed with all of Craig's products, and it was the first time I'd heard any of them.

Where did you put them? Back on the desk where you had your laptop at the GTG? I was thinking about getting a pair of those and putting them in my classroom, but I'd hate to get them stolen by one of the night janitors....

I know you don't like metal much, but can you try some when you get a chance (if you have any metal) and let me know how they sound?

post #299 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Where did you put them? Back on the desk where you had your laptop at the GTG? I was thinking about getting a pair of those and putting them in my classroom, but I'd hate to get them stolen by one of the night janitors....

I know you don't like metal much, but can you try some when you get a chance (if you have any metal) and let me know how they sound?

I actually just hooked them up in my normal L/R placement on the floor to give them a good break in session overnight. I bought them originally thinking I'd use them on the upstairs entertainment center, but I learned they are not sheilded, so they won't work with our older CRT TV entertainment center. If I use them at the computer I'd need to buy a little amp of some sort, or I guess I could hook them up as a zone 2 or zone 3 on the Onkyo. I was also considering using them as height or width channels in 9.1 I'm not a believer in the absolute necessity of matching surrounds, so the fact they aren't wharfedale or klipsch won't bother me.

You should swing by sometime soon and check them out for yourself. You're close enough!!!

I don't metal much. I've been listening to light rock actually. Give me a song to try? If I can stomach it - I'll try, but I'm not likely to know what to listen for because that hard metal music is grating to me. I might end up disliking the speakers at the point they start streaming metal music

post #300 of 308 Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hopefully Technosponge and Desertdome can post the EQ and pictures and we can start putting down our opinions!

-Greg

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page