Sonance DL10 Subwoofer help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-08-2011, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently picked up one of these. Seems like a nice sub, rather unusual in that it's acoustic suspension. Anyways, I can't find anything on this sub. No specs, no owners manual, ect. Does anyone have experience with it? My biggest question has to do with the Dual levels. I have no idea what the level 2 12 volt control is. Heres a pic to help out.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 AM

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwilli View Post

I recently picked up one of these. Seems like a nice sub, rather unusual in that it's acoustic suspension. Anyways, I can't find anything on this sub. No specs, no owners manual, ect. Does anyone have experience with it? My biggest question has to do with the Dual levels. I have no idea what the level 2 12 volt control is. Heres a pic to help out.

I couldn't find much information about that sub. Normally a 12V DC connection like that is some type of trigger that you connect to an AVR or preamp, but in this case I'm not sure. Have you tried emailing Sonance? They might be able to send you a manual or answer your question.

Also, just a quick correction, being acoustic suspension in not unusual. Just about all sealed subs are an acoustic suspension design. It means the sub uses the air in the enclosure as part of its suspension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspe....29_enclosures

-Mike
post #3 of 6 Old 08-08-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I just mentioned I thought it was unusual because it seems most of the subs i've seen are ported.
Anyways, I thought it may be a trigger as well, but there is also a level 2 min/max control also.
I have emailed sonance, but as of yet, no reply.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Well, i figured it out. Sonance sent me a users manual from a different dualevel model. There is a relay that controls the 2nd level, so you can have the sub at one level for listening to music, then trigger the relay control and have a different level for watching movies. Pretty interesting!
post #5 of 6 Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 AM

Curious what your experience has been with the Sonance DL-10 after having had it for a year or so? I've seen a few of the DL-10s on eBay and wonder if one would pair up with my inwall Sonance SF400s in my den / listening room? I would probably have to use the powered speaker inputs since I have them currently running off of Zone 2 on an older B&K AVP3090 preamp. On that unit only Zone 1 has RCA sub outs which is powering the living room.

Thanks.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-18-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

I actually picked up this sub unworking for free on craigslist. I had asked this question before I had really got into it to fix it. I replaced the main filter capacitors, as the had dislodged and were rolling around in the box. Anyways, I'm in school and haven't had time to troubleshoot this sub yet. At this point, either the outputs are shot or the woofer is blown so I haven't really been able to listen to it. I'll let you know when I finally do.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page