Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1201 Old 09-13-2014, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
The grenade scene doesnt seem like a very worthy test of the overall quality of a subwoofer. The NXG may have port noise when stressed to the limit. I dont know. My buddy doesnt usually listen at very high volume and Ive heard it mostly with music. In a music application the NXG is noticeably more accurate. That and the fact that it plays lower than the F12 makes it worth the extra money to me.

The auto on/off problem is fairly common among subwoofers in general and can easily be overcome simply by leaving it on all the time.
I just use the grenade scene to see how well the sub can handle the low LFE of that scene, not as an overall gauge of the sub itself. The V-1220 does pretty well for music, as well. It's not quite as tight as say the SVS PB-2000, but then again that's a whole other category of subs.

I got rid of the NXG and kept the Klipsch sub-12, which head to head I liked better than the NXG. I'm just speaking from my personal experiences with these subs that I've owned and experimented with. My point was the V-1220 is really a great sub for the price tag and it performs rather well for what it is. I also preferred the V-1220 over the Bic RTR-EV1200, which is a slight variation of the F12.

As for the auto on/off problem, of all the subs I've owned, only the NXG and the Dayton subs had this kind of issue. I wouldn't say it's common, at least not from all the subs I've owned.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 09-13-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Sub 12hg Synergy Series 12 Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer With High Gloss Trim Black , Aperion Audio , Dayton Audio Sub 800 8 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt , Hsu Research , Martin Logan , Klipsch , Klipsch Synergy Sub 10 Subwoofer Speaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Infinity Ps 12 Subwoofer , Subwoofers , Acoustic Audio , Acoustic Audio Psw 8 300 Watt 8 Audiophile Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Polk Audio Psw505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black , Acoustic Audio Rwsub 8 300 Watt 8 Home Theater Series Powered Subwoofer , Scosche Hdw12 Subwoofer 12 , Polk Audio Psw110 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Cherry , Polk Audio Tsi500 Black 3 1 Tower Speaker System Free Psw 110 , Martinlogan Dynamo 300 Home Theater And Stereo Subwoofer , Klipsch Kw 100 120v Subwoofer , Jamo Sub210 8 Powered Subwoofer , Energy Esw C8 8 Inch Subwoofer Black , Energy Esw M8 Na 1200 Watt Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Tsi500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page