List of budget subwoofers ($300 and less) - Page 49 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 1453 Old 04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Dom Di Stroia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Right Side of Left Behind
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
lol...You buying the sub has absolutely nothing to do with the price going up or not buying making the price go down. Amazon price matched frys.com on this. Actually, frys.com has this sub for $229 again starting today, so Amazon has again price matched. Actually, frys.com has the sub right now for $199 with a $30.99 coupon code. They email code deals on many items nearly everyday.
Yeah.

It's hard to tell what these "price bots" are up to.

e.g:

Fry's is selling a pair of Klipsch Synergy B-20 bookshelf speakers for USD ~280, while the Amazon price of the same fluctuates around USD ~175 delivered:

http://www.frys.com/product/7580966

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Synerg.../dp/B003XRD9UA

A/VR: 1 x Sony STR-DE598
L/R + C: 2 x BIC Venturi DV62si + 1 x BIC Venturi V52
Sub: 1 x BIC RtR RtR-12S
Surrounds: 2 x Klipsch Synergy B-20
Monitor: 1 x LG 24EA53V-PA.AUSNJVN (Panel: LG Display AH-IPS)
Display: 1 x Samsung UN-46EH6000FXZC CS01 (Panel: Chi Mei InnoLux S-MVA 46P1AF0D)
Dom Di Stroia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 1453 Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,026
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Di Stroia View Post
Yeah.

It's hard to tell what these "price bots" are up to.

e.g:

Fry's is selling a pair of Klipsch Synergy B-20 bookshelf speakers for USD ~280, while the Amazon price of the same fluctuates around USD ~175 delivered:

http://www.frys.com/product/7580966

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Synerg.../dp/B003XRD9UA
$175 wouldn't be too bad.
I got a pair of Klipsch KB15, which is the same speaker, at Best Buy on close out for $99. That was a good deal.
Dom Di Stroia likes this.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #1443 of 1453 Old 04-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Newbie
 
hyosafi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
hyosafi, if you get on their email list they will send you deals and codes pretty much every day it seems. I already have the Klipsch sub-12 and can vouch for it being excellent for under $200. I'm not using my code, so I'll PM you and you can have it.
Dude, I'd reply to your PM but it won't let me. Thanks a lot for the code, it worked great in store. Got the sub for $199 (plus tax). Appreciate it.
Dom Di Stroia likes this.
hyosafi is offline  
post #1444 of 1453 Old 04-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Dom Di Stroia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Right Side of Left Behind
Posts: 229
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
$175 wouldn't be too bad.
I got a pair of Klipsch KB15, which is the same speaker, at Best Buy on close out for $99. That was a good deal.

Not to get off topic, but:

I noticed that the KB-15's feature a lower (- ~1/3 octave) crossover point, and a higher (+ 1.5 dB) sensitivity rating than those of the B-20's.

Is this an indication of different drivers, or just of a modified crossover?

http://www.klipsch.com/kb-15-bookshe...s-pair/details

http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshel...s-pair/details

A/VR: 1 x Sony STR-DE598
L/R + C: 2 x BIC Venturi DV62si + 1 x BIC Venturi V52
Sub: 1 x BIC RtR RtR-12S
Surrounds: 2 x Klipsch Synergy B-20
Monitor: 1 x LG 24EA53V-PA.AUSNJVN (Panel: LG Display AH-IPS)
Display: 1 x Samsung UN-46EH6000FXZC CS01 (Panel: Chi Mei InnoLux S-MVA 46P1AF0D)
Dom Di Stroia is offline  
post #1445 of 1453 Old 04-27-2015, 02:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,026
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Di Stroia View Post
Not to get off topic, but:

I noticed that the KB-15's feature a lower (- ~1/3 octave) crossover point, and a higher (+ 1.5 dB) sensitivity rating than those of the B-20's.

Is this an indication of different drivers, or just of a modified crossover?

http://www.klipsch.com/kb-15-bookshe...s-pair/details

http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshel...s-pair/details
The Synergy Series is supposed to have an "improved" crossover. I have A/B ed them and couldn't tell any difference.
Bond 007 is offline  
post #1446 of 1453 Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyosafi View Post
Dude, I'd reply to your PM but it won't let me. Thanks a lot for the code, it worked great in store. Got the sub for $199 (plus tax). Appreciate it.
No problem. Hope you enjoy the sub-12, which is a pretty bad ass sub for $200. If you get on frys.com's mailing list, they have discount codes what seems like every day for certain items.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #1447 of 1453 Old 04-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
rakstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: dallas
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 41
If I look at the specs, the PSW505 is pretty similar and even exceeds the Klipsch sub-12 in some respects.

Don't mean to start any kind of war or suggest anything. I'm just curious if they're really pretty much equivalent or why people like one over the other. I've got a PSW505 in the Family room and also one in the game room. I built my own in my theater room.

REALLY, just interested given the very similar price and specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
No problem. Hope you enjoy the sub-12, which is a pretty bad ass sub for $200. If you get on frys.com's mailing list, they have discount codes what seems like every day for certain items.
rakstr is online now  
post #1448 of 1453 Old 04-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
ChromeJob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere between 70 and 125 mph
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone pricing a BIC F12 should also price a NXG NS-BAS-500m ,which I've heard is superb for the price ... in US$. YMMV. Just saying....


// Posted from Tapatalk 3.2.1 for iOS - later versions are pfft. //

A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550.

ChromeJob is online now  
post #1449 of 1453 Unread Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
ProfD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The Klipsch Sub-12HG I bought recently is great! Not too big, even though my wife thinks it's too big, and today my wife said "the sub is making the room shake". Seems to barely pass the WAF for the living room. Love it.
ProfD is offline  
post #1450 of 1453 Unread Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfD View Post
The Klipsch Sub-12HG I bought recently is great! Not too big, even though my wife thinks it's too big, and today my wife said "the sub is making the room shake". Seems to barely pass the WAF for the living room. Love it.
It's a super sub for under $200. It is fairly large, but that's part of what makes it sound so good. I've always been partial to down-firing subs and this one doesn't disappoint.

Game Room> LG 60" Plasma, Onkyo HT-RC560, Infinity P363 fronts, P163 center, P163's rears, JBL Loft40 FH, PSA XS30 and RA S-15 subs. PS4 and XBox One.
Living Room> Samsung 59" Plasma, Onkyo TX-NR509, JBL Studio 180 fronts, Studio 120c center, Polk RC60i in-wall rears, SVS PB12-NSD sub. PS3 and XBox 360.
PC set up> Yamaha RX-V377, Infinity P163's, Klipsch sub-12.
Master BR> Samsung 42" LED, Yamaha RX-V375, Denon 5 speaker, Pioneer SW-8 sub.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #1451 of 1453 Unread Today, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Putting together a low budget theater, already have polk monitor 65t pair and a 15c center channel... I know they are kind of crappy but cash is tight. Ive ordered a onkyo 787, 4 polk RC55i for surrounds and 2 polk RC60i for the atmos above. I plan to put the LCR and sub behind an AT screen so compact is good.


I have a psw10 I got a year or so ago with the monitor 65t's but guessing that's rubbish? would adding a decent-ish sub for about $300 help this low budget setup? any suggestions?


thank you in advance!


oh I don't usually have subs loud but during the batman trailer it was kind of awesome to feel my seat move from the bass

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
Metric is offline  
post #1452 of 1453 Unread Today, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
Putting together a low budget theater, already have polk monitor 65t pair and a 15c center channel... I know they are kind of crappy but cash is tight. Ive ordered a onkyo 787, 4 polk RC55i for surrounds and 2 polk RC60i for the atmos above. I plan to put the LCR and sub behind an AT screen so compact is good.


I have a psw10 I got a year or so ago with the monitor 65t's but guessing that's rubbish? would adding a decent-ish sub for about $300 help this low budget setup? any suggestions?


thank you in advance!


oh I don't usually have subs loud but during the batman trailer it was kind of awesome to feel my seat move from the bass
Get a NXG NS-BAS-500 and enjoy
laserjock II is online now  
post #1453 of 1453 Unread Today, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,911
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
I have a psw10 I got a year or so ago with the monitor 65t's but guessing that's rubbish? would adding a decent-ish sub for about $300 help this low budget setup? any suggestions?

What size in your room (HxWxD)? That's a key piece of information when making a decision like this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Acoustic Audio , Acoustic Audio Psw 8 300 Watt 8 Audiophile Series Powered Subwoofer , Acoustic Audio Rwsub 8 300 Watt 8 Home Theater Series Powered Subwoofer , Aperion Audio , Bic America , Dayton Audio Sub 800 8 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Energy Esw C8 8 Inch Subwoofer Black , Energy Esw M8 Na 1200 Watt Subwoofer , Hsu Research , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt , Infinity Ps 12 Subwoofer , Jamo Sub210 8 Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Kw 100 120v Subwoofer , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Sub 12hg Synergy Series 12 Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer With High Gloss Trim Black , Klipsch Synergy Sub 10 Subwoofer Speaker , Martin Logan , Martinlogan Dynamo 300 Home Theater And Stereo Subwoofer , Polk Audio Psw110 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Cherry , Polk Audio Psw505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black , Polk Audio Tsi500 Black 3 1 Tower Speaker System Free Psw 110 , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Scosche Hdw12 Subwoofer 12 , Subwoofers
Gear in this thread - Tsi500 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off