List of budget subwoofers ($300 and less) - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1633 Old 08-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Newbie
 
hazman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good thread: I have done a few days worth of research and the general consensus points to the SVS PB1000 or anything made by HSU. The variables are numerous so i highly emphasize "general" consensus.
hazman44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 1633 Old 08-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazman44 View Post
Good thread: I have done a few days worth of research and the general consensus points to the SVS PB1000 or anything made by HSU. The variables are numerous so i highly emphasize "general" consensus.
Well not really for this thread, which is the budget sub thread. Also, there is no general consensus on any one brand of subs or individual sub. There are several ID sub brands and models and all of them will be recommended or mentioned by many different people.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #1623 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 04:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,477
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
I wouldnt recommend the pb1000 to anyone. Its simply poorly placed in the market.
If someone is not particular, on a small budget and wants a lot of output for movies a couple of 1500s would be cheaper and better imo.
If they are looking for good quality bass for music and movies and have more to spend a Rhythmik LV12r is only $69 more than the pb1000 and will outperform it in every way.
MrGoombas question was is the pb1000 THAT much better than the 1500 for movies. Assuming hes talking about value I say its not.

Last edited by Bond 007; 08-24-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #1624 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
afterlife2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BKNY
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The PB-1000 does great for HT Read Jman's review.

afterlife2 is online now  
post #1625 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 13,477
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post
The PB-1000 does great for HT Read Jman's review.
I have. The LV12r does better.
Read that review.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #1626 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've been lurking around on other AVS forums for a few weeks now trying to work out the 'best bang for your buck' home theater set up. I ended up going with a Sony 40ES projector, Sony DN-850 receiver, Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 speakers.. And, now I'm looking for a sub to pair with it..


I will not be using this for music. It will only be used for movies (maybe the occasional video game). I'd really like rattle the foundation sound - but, I understand if that isn't really an option at <$300. (Really, I'd like to stick closer to $200.. But, if there were a dramatic difference with an extra hundred.. I could get persuaded..) I also don't mind waiting a couple months for a sale..


It looks like the consensus favorites around here are the Bic F-12 and the Dayton 1500/1200. For my purposes, is one dramatically better than the other? Is there a sub that typically goes on sale that I can keep an eye on that might better fit (I've read that Klipsch has some options that occasionally go on sale and can do a decent job with movies..)?


I really appreciate all the help I've gotten so far on this forum.. You guys are great.
thedudexxi is offline  
post #1627 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
MIX_MASTER_ICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudexxi View Post
I've been lurking around on other AVS forums for a few weeks now trying to work out the 'best bang for your buck' home theater set up. I ended up going with a Sony 40ES projector, Sony DN-850 receiver, Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 speakers.. And, now I'm looking for a sub to pair with it..


I will not be using this for music. It will only be used for movies (maybe the occasional video game). I'd really like rattle the foundation sound - but, I understand if that isn't really an option at <$300. (Really, I'd like to stick closer to $200.. But, if there were a dramatic difference with an extra hundred.. I could get persuaded..) I also don't mind waiting a couple months for a sale..


It looks like the consensus favorites around here are the Bic F-12 and the Dayton 1500/1200. For my purposes, is one dramatically better than the other? Is there a sub that typically goes on sale that I can keep an eye on that might better fit (I've read that Klipsch has some options that occasionally go on sale and can do a decent job with movies..)?


I really appreciate all the help I've gotten so far on this forum.. You guys are great.
I've had both Dayton sub-1200, 1500 and F12. The Klipsch sub-12 goes on sale often for $199 and I would easily take that over the others in this price range. It's just a more powerful, more capable sub.
MIX_MASTER_ICE is online now  
post #1628 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Merlin803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I've had both Dayton sub-1200, 1500 and F12. The Klipsch sub-12 goes on sale often for $199 and I would easily take that over the others in this price range. It's just a more powerful, more capable sub.
I am looking at a couple of these budget options to replace my AV123 MFW-15, I can pick up the sub-1500 for $185 or locally someone is selling a used Klipsch SUB-12. If it were you, did you like the Kilpsch so much better that you would rather have a used one over a new sub-1500?
Merlin803 is online now  
post #1629 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
I am looking at a couple of these budget options to replace my AV123 MFW-15, I can pick up the sub-1500 for $185 or locally someone is selling a used Klipsch SUB-12. If it were you, did you like the Kilpsch so much better that you would rather have a used one over a new sub-1500?
Going from an MFW-15 to any of the units you're considering will be a downgrade. You may already know that, but I figured it was worth mentioning just in case.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
post #1630 of 1633 Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Could someone explain the difference between the Klipsch reference subs and the 12HG and the SW-450?
thedudexxi is offline  
post #1631 of 1633 Old Today, 06:20 AM
Member
 
Docethic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Right now the nx-bas 500 is $150 on Newegg, for this price it seems like it may be worth it even with the potential amp issues? Seems like a replacement amp could always be used or an Inuke 1000 if the amp were to prematurely die. I was thinking of getting an Inuke to use in my garage with a diy sub but this NXG at 150 is so cheap it's hard to resist. Does this have more output than the dayton 1500?
Docethic is online now  
post #1632 of 1633 Old Today, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sonyad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 67
B-stock Outlaw M8 for $179 Available. Still love this subwoofer.
Sonyad is offline  
post #1633 of 1633 Unread Today, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docethic View Post
Right now the nx-bas 500 is $150 on Newegg, for this price it seems like it may be worth it even with the potential amp issues? Seems like a replacement amp could always be used or an Inuke 1000 if the amp were to prematurely die. I was thinking of getting an Inuke to use in my garage with a diy sub but this NXG at 150 is so cheap it's hard to resist. Does this have more output than the dayton 1500?
I haven't heard the SUB-1500, so I can't say for certain, but I doubt the NXG has more output. At $150 though it's quite a bargain.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Acoustic Audio , Acoustic Audio Psw 8 300 Watt 8 Audiophile Series Powered Subwoofer , Acoustic Audio Rwsub 8 300 Watt 8 Home Theater Series Powered Subwoofer , Aperion Audio , Bic America , Dayton Audio Sub 800 8 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Energy Esw C8 8 Inch Subwoofer Black , Energy Esw M8 Na 1200 Watt Subwoofer , Hsu Research , Hsu Research Stf 1 Subwoofer 150 Watt , Infinity Ps 12 Subwoofer , Jamo Sub210 8 Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Kw 100 120v Subwoofer , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Sub 12hg Synergy Series 12 Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer With High Gloss Trim Black , Klipsch Synergy Sub 10 Subwoofer Speaker , Martin Logan , Martinlogan Dynamo 300 Home Theater And Stereo Subwoofer , Polk Audio Psw110 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Cherry , Polk Audio Psw505 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black , Polk Audio Tsi500 Black 3 1 Tower Speaker System Free Psw 110 , Polk Psw108 10 100w Psw Series Powered Subwoofer , Scosche Hdw12 Subwoofer 12 , Subwoofers
Gear in this thread - Tsi500 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off