Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 5 year old 5.1 home theatre system that includes:

1) 4 Definitive Tech Promonitor 1000
2) 1 Definitive Tech Procenter 1000
3) 1 Definitive Supercube 3
4) Denon 2807 Receiver/Amp

I recently moved and had a home theatre pro set my system up in a new house, and we're not getting almost any sound from the Supercube subwoofer...

The light lights up on it, suggesting it is getting a signal and turning itself on, but it doesn't seem like the amp is really turning on and producing any sound... there is never a crackle or hum or anything when the light comes on.

when we do the test on the receiver to send a tone to the speakers, everything works with all the speakers until we switch it to the subwoofer channel, and then, we hear the SLIGHTEST sound coming from it (you have to really ask yourself if you're hearing things, its that low.

The gain is turned up to the max, I've maxed out the volume adjustment on the sub channel on the amplifier, and nothing.

I've double checked that the sub, which is connected to the amp with a through the LFE port with a single wire, is connected to the right non-amplified sub output on the receiver, and we've tried a different cable with no change to check if the cable was good.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Open up the sub and see if any of the wires that connects to the driver is loose.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

If its unplugged there won't be any risk of electrocuting myself right?
post #4 of 8 Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by editmire View Post

If its unplugged there won't be any risk of electrocuting myself right?

I would email def tech. They have great customer care and will take care of you
post #5 of 8 Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
You won't get electrocuted. open it up and take a look. I have a BP2000 center channel speaker and both the wires to the tweeter weren't even connected when I bought it.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by editmire View Post

I have a 5 year old 5.1 home theatre system that includes:

1) 4 Definitive Tech Promonitor 1000
2) 1 Definitive Tech Procenter 1000
3) 1 Definitive Supercube 3
4) Denon 2807 Receiver/Amp

I recently moved and had a home theatre pro set my system up in a new house, and we're not getting almost any sound from the Supercube subwoofer...

The light lights up on it, suggesting it is getting a signal and turning itself on, but it doesn't seem like the amp is really turning on and producing any sound... there is never a crackle or hum or anything when the light comes on.

when we do the test on the receiver to send a tone to the speakers, everything works with all the speakers until we switch it to the subwoofer channel, and then, we hear the SLIGHTEST sound coming from it (you have to really ask yourself if you're hearing things, its that low.

The gain is turned up to the max, I've maxed out the volume adjustment on the sub channel on the amplifier, and nothing.

I've double checked that the sub, which is connected to the amp with a through the LFE port with a single wire, is connected to the right non-amplified sub output on the receiver, and we've tried a different cable with no change to check if the cable was good.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I think you have it hooked to the wrong port on the AVR. Take a picture and post it for us to look. Also on the sub. it may have a LR input that you are plugging into
post #7 of 8 Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry for asking in old thread. Looks like, I am running into similar problem. I am trying to connect Supercube 3 to Denon 2113. I connected sub out to LFE on sub. Auto light turns on to red when I manually play around level but no sound. Audyssey calibration mike does not pick up any sound.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post

Sorry for asking in old thread. Looks like, I am running into similar problem. I am trying to connect Supercube 3 to Denon 2113. I connected sub out to LFE on sub. Auto light turns on to red when I manually play around level but no sound. Audyssey calibration mike does not pick up any sound.
Please help me on this. It was working fine with my previous owner with Denon receiver. Just wondering, If I am missing some basic settings.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page