AVS Forum banner
6M views 82K replies 2K participants last post by  Tom Vodhanel 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread about the Tom Vodhanel and Jim Farina founded.

Power Sound Audio

This is thread is for discussion about Power Sound Audio. New products, speculation, product recommendation and support of PSA products.

Other Power Sound Audio product threads / forums

Official PSA Triax Thread

Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread

Power Sound Vendor forum (here at AVS)

Contact Power Sound Audio

Contact Power Sound Audio via email

Power Sound Audio on Facebook

Power Sound Audio on Twitter

PSA 01 Series CEA2010 Data (dosen't include S7201)

Please feel free to ask questions, and talk about all things PSA related. If you haven't already you should consider emailing PSA at the provided link, to get the best recommendation for you room.

See less See more
#20,981 ·
I'm conflicted on what to say. Should I tell you to keep what you have (which you have said you're very happy with) or egg you on to buy an upgrade? Truly it's an ethical dilemma.
No keeping what I have! Was just saying the V1800 is tempting @ 1299.00. That is a stellar price imo...if I was in the market for subs it would be on my short list.

#20,982 · (Edited)
I don't hit the PSA thread for a few days and when I do I find a few pages of drama and a B-stock 3000i. This is to much stress for me. I'm going back to enjoying the nice weather and my system. Everybody needs to just enjoy their system and life in general. I use AVS as an outlet to get away from life's stress and to share my passion ( Home Theater ) with others but the drama is really starting to take the fun out of this thread.

#20,985 ·
Size is a consideration for some as well. Just a few inches can make a big difference when it comes to fitting subs into non-dedicated spaces.
Trust me I know only too well what you mean. My subs are practically shoe horned into place! 18" subs sounds really nice for that price but there is no way I could fit them.
No denying they are a great deal for anyone who has room though. :)

#20,986 ·
Sorry this took so long. We've been extra busy trying to coordinate the logistics on a couple of big shipments coming up in August.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Hope one of those shipments is heading to us Aussies :):)

Size is a consideration for some as well. Just a few inches can make a big difference when it comes to fitting subs into non-dedicated spaces.
The V1800 has a lower height and shorter depth than the V1500 which will make it a better fit for my set-up :D:D

#20,987 ·

The V1800 has a lower height and shorter depth than the V1500 which will make it a better fit for my set-up :D:D
Where are the specs?

#20,988 ·
Where are the specs?
Here

2)Specifications on the V1800? Single 18", slot port tuned in the upper teens, ICE amp that we'll rate around 725 watts(please note----if we rated our iCE modules in the same manner other companies do the V1800 would be rated > 1000 watts). The last proto type is 20" wide, 22" deep, 24" tall. Our Satin Black finish is the only finish option. Target pre-order is $1249, Target MSRP is $1449(+/- 50).

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
And from their website the V1500 is Dimensions (D x W x H): 24” x 17” x 25” includes grill
:)

#20,991 ·
Trust me I know only too well what you mean. My subs are practically shoe horned into place! 18" subs sounds really nice for that price but there is no way I could fit them.
No denying they are a great deal for anyone who has room though. :)
Basshead has mentioned this in the past but it is often an ignored "spec" with regards to commercial woofs. Size. Look at Basshead's XV15se for example. Not only do they match up well to the very best like priced subs of their time....they do so using smaller cabinets. I know this is AVS and our V3600i is considered "small" to the lunatic fringe :)) ). But the reality is, if you want to move a fair quantity and keep inventory turns within reason...you best make cabinet size one of the very top priorities during your engineering process.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#20,992 ·

I can neither confirm or deny shipment destinations at this time..:) Contact Peter at Deephz and I'm sure he'll answer any questions. We have also been shipping on a fairly regular basis to our European distributor. And we're in negotiations with two other potential distributors who are talking about 20 foot containers this summer/asap as well.

Busy? No, why do you ask?....;)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#20,995 ·
No keeping what I have! Was just saying the V1800 is tempting @ 1299.00. That is a stellar price imo...if I was in the market for subs it would be on my short list.
True you should really upgrade your speakers first!
Will the v1800 stay at $1299? I'm only asking since the RA echo 18 is priced at $1299. If it went up would it still be a smoking deal since the RA echo 18 would be out there. I believe the echo 18 has the same amp, but with more watts then the v1800 is offering.

#20,996 ·
Will the v1800 stay at $1299? I'm only asking since the RA echo 18 is priced at $1299. If it went up would it still be a smoking deal since the RA echo 18 would be out there. I believe the echo 18 has the same amp, but with more watts then the v1800 is offering.
I'm pretty sure that is a discounted pre-order price like they did with the V3600i.

#20,997 ·
I purchased my first real piece of quality audio equipment today - an XV15 for my 6000 ft^3 great room. :D I am by far not an audiophile but I have a desire for a good all around system in our new house. For right now it'll be paired up to a soundbar (BIC FH56) but eventually I'd like to upgrade over time to a much better system.

Tom V was a great help on the phone. It's funny how you can research stuff for weeks but as soon as you pull the trigger you are like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

I'll report back once I have it set up.

#20,999 · (Edited)
I should know better replying to you ...but what the heck. With the recent announcement over at RA regarding their amp warranty being extended(not sure about the drivers though) + the increased home trial period and no cost shipping ...IIRC....maybe they'll need to re-think the pricing offered within those respective products...can't imagine where they conjured up this great business model though...kudos to them...:)

#21,000 ·
$1299 is pre order only. I believe regular pricing will be $1499. There are many other subwoofers in the $1200-$1500 range to consider to be sure. Also, I can assure you, the ra amp is not making "more watts". They simply market their products differently than we do. Same exact amp module...;)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio