Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1090 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24255Likes
post #32671 of 32675 Unread Yesterday, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1910 Post(s)
Liked: 4704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Cabinet shop has been kicking arse lately as they try their best to keep up with our increasing demand. Thanks to all for your continued support--- including our international distributors too!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
It looks like PSA has their own dedicated wing of the Cabinet shop's building, which doesn't surprise me considering they can barely keep up with your demand. A good problem to have for both you and them. Keep the US economy rolling.
Mike Butny likes this.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32672 of 32675 Unread Yesterday, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulloutchamp View Post
So the V15's got another twerkout this weekend after the strip club ...... Good news is , that once I told her that the 18's werent much bigger , she said GET EM!!!........The V18's are an upgrade , but I think a couple V36's would be just right lol....
With the name pulloutchamp I just can't see you ever going to a strip club lol
Mike Butny and basshead81 like this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
post #32673 of 32675 Unread Yesterday, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Has PSA always painted the inside of the cabinets or is this a recent development?
Marc, I found this out from almost the very first sub I purchased from PSA, I like to tear them down and post photos of the build quality, drivers and amps. I noticed this very early in PSA's history, I was shocked at the attention to detail that goes into every product they produce. So no this is not something new, they have always done this to my knowledge.

I don't remember exactly the reasoning but I was told something by Jim that painting both surfaces has something to do with the MDF not expanding or warping or something along those lines. Jim F could chime in to confirm or debunk whatever I'm trying to say... I just know that it's not something they just started doing, hope that answers part of your question.

Cheers Jeffrey

post #32674 of 32675 Unread Today, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1910 Post(s)
Liked: 4704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Marc, I found this out from almost the very first sub I purchased from PSA, I like to tear them down and post photos of the build quality, drivers and amps. I noticed this very early in PSA's history, I was shocked at the attention to detail that goes into every product they produce. So no this is not something new, they have always done this to my knowledge.

Cheers Jeffrey
Greats points Jeff. And it's things like this that get glossed over in those infamous threads where someone asks the question, "Which sub should I buy?". Everyone then jumps in and talks about nothing but max output. There is sooooooooo much more to subs than just output. And the proof of that is what happened with Reaction Audio. People were jumping into those threads telling others to buy RA subs based solely on output. And they ignored sound quality, build quality, honesty, integrity, customer service etc...

Anyway that's why I keep choosing PSA, because they pay attention to all the details. Here's a quick checklist of the things I consider when buying a sub (in no particular order):
1. Customer Service… PSA owns this one and that's undebatable.
2. Subwoofer performance (sound quality, power and output…. notice there are other factors here besides just output).
3. Price to performance ratio… this includes factoring in shipping costs.
4. Build quality.
5. Quality of components (amp, driver, and cabinet).
6. Engineering and development.
7. American Made.

I admit the last one didn't use to be important to me but it is very important to me now. I love being able to say that my subwoofer and speakers are made here in America. I take a lot of pride in that. It's a feel good thing.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360

Last edited by Hopinater; Today at 06:15 AM.
post #32675 of 32675 Unread Today, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Good Day: I purchased the V1801 last week. Did you guys purchase the ANTI-MODE 8033S-II to assist with the calibration of your sub(s)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15
Gear in this thread