Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1093 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31405Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #32761 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
What size is your room again @newc33 ? I think I may have grossly underestimated the subwooferage to recommend!

You represent that littlevred devil on my shoulder that warned me to stay single. 👿

Hahahaha I forget, its something like 1650 cubic feet ish. I'll re measure some time soon and get it exact.

Ya I try not to think of myself and try to give more realistic recommendations when helping others lol I know my setup is a little crazy and that's why I told him ibwould still want dual s3000is at minimum in that room although I'm sure it would be more than enough for most normal people

We need to make standardized table to know what people are looking for in bass lol

Level 1) i like moderate bass-100db peaks
Level 2)I like powerful bass-110db peaks
Level 3) i like crazy over the top bass-120db peaks
Level 4) I'm filing bankruptcy over my bass addiction-130db peaks
Level 5) I'm filing bankruptcy for the second time and I'm now divorced also- over 130db is mandatory.

I recommend staying with your wife and below level 5 lol

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32762 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 3,102
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1866 Post(s)
Liked: 2070
@newc33 did you get a new laptop or key board, I don't think I found one misspelled word, good job buddy.........
ahblaza is online now  
post #32763 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
@newc33 did you get a new laptop or key board, I don't think I found one misspelled word, good job buddy.........
Hahahaha no I just decided to hire a secretary to type all my avs stuff for me lol

Seriously though no I haven't... I actually had a really bad past 5 days or so... to make a long story short someone forged my signature and basically stole $4600 from my bank. Iv spent the past few days with a detective from the cop shop and going through a mound of paperwork.... what I'm getting at is I don't have the money right now... especially with the funk audio 12.2s only 6 weeks away or so, maybe less.....
Mike Butny likes this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
 
post #32764 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 9,714
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2618 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
^^^ Good luck. I Hope everything gets resolved soon.
Mike Butny and newc33 like this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #32765 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
So when my new funk audio 12.2s arrive who wants to come over and help me set things up and get a demo?

Maybe i should order an EQ (like iv been talking about for a year now) of some sort to really get things dialed in....

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32766 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
^^ also if anyone was interested and wanted to teach me REW and compare it to omnimic I'd be down for that mangs... Mike butney I know your not far.............

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32767 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Hahahaha I forget, its something like 1650 cubic feet ish. I'll re measure some time soon and get it exact.

Ya I try not to think of myself and try to give more realistic recommendations when helping others lol I know my setup is a little crazy and that's why I told him ibwould still want dual s3000is at minimum in that room although I'm sure it would be more than enough for most normal people

We need to make standardized table to know what people are looking for in bass lol

Level 1) i like moderate bass-100db peaks
Level 2)I like powerful bass-110db peaks
Level 3) i like crazy over the top bass-120db peaks
Level 4) I'm filing bankruptcy over my bass addiction-130db peaks
Level 5) I'm filing bankruptcy for the second time and I'm now divorced also- over 130db is mandatory.

I recommend staying with your wife and below level 5 lol
Are you guys liking this because you like it.....? Or because I didn't spell anything wrong....? LMAO JK

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32768 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
^^^ Good luck. I Hope everything gets resolved soon.
It will be okay my friend.... it's only money.. life goes on.

I actually have medicine for this.... I prefer the name brand stuff like PSA, JTR, Ascend acoustics and dennon...

There are also other brands with oversized voice coils and such that help, but id have to mix those with ibproufen also lol

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32769 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,857
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 6514
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Are you guys liking this because you like it.....? Or because I didn't spell anything wrong....? LMAO JK
I liked it because it was good...You broke it down basshead style!!
Mike Butny and newc33 like this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #32770 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I liked it because it was good...You broke it down basshead style!!
Hahah that's what I like to hear! Only cause you know I don't give a F*** about my spelling! Lmao!

I got @ahblaza and secretary's for that s**t lol

And I'm not gonna lie... I'm bout to fire my secretary lmao
Mike Butny, ahblaza and basshead81 like this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!

Last edited by newc33; 03-29-2017 at 09:27 PM.
newc33 is offline  
post #32771 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
^^ in all honestly I'm actually working on my spelling believe it or not.... I build power lines for a living guys, don't be surprised. I get paid good money to be physical and mechanicly smart.... not book smart. Still I'm working on it though lol

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32772 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
I work a pretty danderouse job. A job where anything can happen at any time. If any of you know that blackmombakilla dude who seemed to dissapere i always wonder about him as he has a dangerous job working on the oil rigs also.

I'm one of the the few people In life who can say they survived getting struck by lighting... Ya it really did happen... i was working on a de-energized 138 thousand volt line in front of Carl hospital in chapaigne Illinois when a storm rolled in and energized the line I was working on.

Honestly it felt like nothing I had imagined... felt like someone hit me in the back with a battering ram. Dropped me like a sack of ****. Every mucsle in my whole body crapped up in a split second

Yup.... little background story....

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32773 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,793
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
I work a pretty danderouse job. A job where anything can happen at any time. If any of you know that blackmombakilla dude who seemed to dissapere i always wonder about him as he has a dangerous job working on the oil rigs also.

I'm one of the the few people In life who can say they survived getting struck by lighting... Ya it really did happen... i was working on a de-energized 138 thousand volt line in front of Carl hospital in chapaigne Illinois when a storm rolled in and energized the line I was working on.

Honestly it felt like nothing I had imagined... felt like someone hit me in the back with a battering ram. Dropped me like a sack of ****. Every mucsle in my whole body crapped up in a split second

Yup.... little background story....
That's crazy, I watched the "B" movie about powerline guys with John Travolta in it.

His Texas accent and the Canadian scenery (supposed to be based in Texas) was abysmal but was an interesting movie.
laserjock II is online now  
post #32774 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
That's crazy, I watched the "B" movie about powerline guys with John Travolta in it.

His Texas accent and the Canadian scenery (supposed to be based in Texas) was abysmal but was an interesting movie.
Lemme guess... the movie was "life in the line" lol

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32775 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,793
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Lemme guess... the movie was "life in the line" lol

Yeah, Life on the Line

Based on a true story at least
laserjock II is online now  
post #32776 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
If you really want something cool YouTube barehand powerlines.... basically guys seat chainmail suits and become equal potential with high voltage powerlines. It's scary but sciemtificly prove FOR THE MOST PART. Just don't be a path to ground and you good.... TECHNICALLY

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32777 of 37025 Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: lasalle-peru illinois
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Yeah, Life on the Line

Based on a true story at least
Ya I know the movie but I haven't seen it yet. Just by the previews I imagine a movie like back draft (a fire fighter movie if you haven't seen it) it a movie that's based more on worst case scenarios then every day stuff. Not saying those things couldn't happen it's just not every day stuff....
laserjock II likes this.

1600 cubic foot sealed room! Samsung 8500 curved 4k
denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
Quad PSA T18s!!!!!!
newc33 is offline  
post #32778 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 01:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 9,714
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2618 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n3t1k View Post
The Room Size Knob curbs the low end spectrum of frequencies. Overall, it doesn't do too much toward achieving a smooth room response in the relative sense compared to a MiniDSP or AntiMode device. The purpose is to help compensate for room gain with smaller rooms that might get a lot of gain down low (think a small, sealed room) that may get too much natural gain down low, it needs to be tamed. eg: I get crazy amount of room gain (+11dB or so) from about 45Hz to around 20Hz in my room, so if I didn't have an AntiMode, I could use the room gain knob to dial it back so it doesn't sound too boomy or overwhelming.

Here's a graph that shows the V3600 response with room gain adjustments. The black line is set to Large and blue is about medium and yellow is set all the way to small.



Hope this helps!

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Thanks for posting that Travis, saved me a bit of time! Just to be clear---that is measured outside with zero "room gain" involved. I just don't want anyone looking at that chart and thinking "why would I want the deep bass to be cut so much?"..


Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I can't seem to find the room size response graph for a sealed sub. If someone could repost or poibt me to it please. 🙏
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #32779 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 03:49 AM
Member
 
flamjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Having owned just the dual S1500s at one time (3020 ft³], I believe dual 15s or a single S3000i should be satisfying in a 1800 ft³ space. Cabin gain is real. Don't sleep on the 15s!⚠️

I agree that more info would be needed to comment further but I believe each of our individual thought processes can be helpful ti the OP. Based on what's already been suggested he can ask himself, Tom V, and hopefully the forum more questions.

I have a 2600 ft3 room with a concrete floor and have an xs30se. I am getting plenty of slam. Enough that my couch shakes and that's with a concrete floor. I'm looking forward to adding a second one or perhaps an s3600 to smooth the bass out in the room. I worried that sealed wouldn't give me much impact and I was wrong!! Plenty of impact!!







Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Marc Alexander, mnc and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by flamjam; 03-30-2017 at 03:55 AM.
flamjam is offline  
post #32780 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 AM
Member
 
BigBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks to all of you for a great discussion.

I am deciding to go with the v1801 for now. Most of the time spent in my study will be me sitting at my desk (I do a lot of research), so I think one subwoofer will suffice (for now).
Is there a general consensus for optimal sub placement? I was thinking of placing it in the corner of the room, on the same wall where my desk and bookshelf speakers are located, with the port of the sub facing the wall that I have my back to.
famorales and kelly.mcaloney like this.
BigBeard is offline  
post #32781 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2017 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I can't seem to find the room size response graph for a sealed sub. If someone could repost or poibt me to it please. 🙏
This is the electrical of the circuit, you can just visually "overlay" this onto the outside FR as needed.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room_comp.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	2057809  

“Quality isn't expensive, it is priceless" --- fortune cookie
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #32782 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,857
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 6514
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamjam View Post
I have a 2600 ft3 room with a concrete floor and have an xs30se. I am getting plenty of slam. Enough that my couch shakes and that's with a concrete floor. I'm looking forward to adding a second one or perhaps an s3600 to smooth the bass out in the room. I worried that sealed wouldn't give me much impact and I was wrong!! Plenty of impact!!







Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Impact comes from frequencies above 60hz right where dual opposed excels.
ahblaza likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #32783 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kings Park, NY
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Hahahaha no I just decided to hire a secretary to type all my avs stuff for me lol

Seriously though no I haven't... I actually had a really bad past 5 days or so... to make a long story short someone forged my signature and basically stole $4600 from my bank. Iv spent the past few days with a detective from the cop shop and going through a mound of paperwork

That sucks, good luck with it.

What I learned (the hardway) is that if my bank debit card gets stolen/hacked the bank is not liable (doesn't have to replace the money)

The good news is the police take this type fraud very, very seriously. They usally get these bad guys.

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB
ss nimrod is online now  
post #32784 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2017 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeard View Post
Thanks to all of you for a great discussion.

I am deciding to go with the v1801 for now. Most of the time spent in my study will be me sitting at my desk (I do a lot of research), so I think one subwoofer will suffice (for now).
Is there a general consensus for optimal sub placement? I was thinking of placing it in the corner of the room, on the same wall where my desk and bookshelf speakers are located, with the port of the sub facing the wall that I have my back to.
If you haven't ordered yet please don't wait too long if you want it to ship within the next 7-10 days.

Corner placement will excite the maximum number of room modes. This can be a very good thing, or a very bad thing---depending on your seating location. You have mentioned two important seats(the desk chair and the seat for HT enjoyment) do you have any flexibility in where those are in room?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.

“Quality isn't expensive, it is priceless" --- fortune cookie
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #32785 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,280
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
I work a pretty danderouse job. A job where anything can happen at any time. If any of you know that blackmombakilla dude who seemed to dissapere i always wonder about him as he has a dangerous job working on the oil rigs also.

I'm one of the the few people In life who can say they survived getting struck by lighting... Ya it really did happen... i was working on a de-energized 138 thousand volt line in front of Carl hospital in chapaigne Illinois when a storm rolled in and energized the line I was working on.

Honestly it felt like nothing I had imagined... felt like someone hit me in the back with a battering ram. Dropped me like a sack of ****. Every mucsle in my whole body crapped up in a split second

Yup.... little background story....
Well that explains why you like your bass so much. You've had the lightning rolling through your system so you've become one with the thunder. Your body literally craves it.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you survived that. Stay safe out there.
newc33 likes this.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #32786 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,280
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Having owned just the dual S1500s at one time (3020 ft³], I believe dual 15s or a single S3000i should be satisfying in a 1800 ft³ space. Cabin gain is real. Don't sleep on the 15s!⚠️😴🚫
That's a really good point regarding the cabin gain. And I'm certainly not disrespecting the 15S in any way. I just think the 15V would add a little more tactile response (over the 15S) for movies due to the sheer output in the lower frequencies. That's all I'm pointing out. The 15S would still provide incredible bass and the cabin gain would most certainly enhance the lower frequencies, I have no doubts about that.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #32787 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
^^ in all honestly I'm actually working on my spelling believe it or not.... I build power lines for a living guys, don't be surprised. I get paid good money to be physical and mechanicly smart.... not book smart. Still I'm working on it though lol

https://app.grammarly.com/
newc33 likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & S3000I subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #32788 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,640
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2017 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's a really good point regarding the cabin gain. And I'm certainly not disrespecting the 15S in any way. I just think the 15V would add a little more tactile response (over the 15S) for movies due to the sheer output in the lower frequencies. That's all I'm pointing out. The 15S would still provide incredible bass and the cabin gain would most certainly enhance the lower frequencies, I have no doubts about that.
My rule of thumb is to ensure adequate headroom first, then chase extension(or any other benefit someone feels is associated with a sealed design).

The following is based on the cea-2010 bursts.

Dual 15S in 1800 cu-ft(no large openings to other areas of the home. You're looking at 115/128/132dB outside at 1m. Add a conservative 9dB for boundary gain(probably more like 12 really)...that is 124/137/141. PVE(room gain)...again conservative, say 6/3/0. That's 130/140/141.

even if we subtract the full 6dB for doubling the mic distance and go out to 3m(?) on average...we're still around 121/131/132.

Extension---5hz to 8hz.

Add 6/2/0 to the above for 15V, extension down to 12-15hz.

For hop...add 15/10/10 to the above(15s) for dual V3601...so 136/141/142.

Do quad V3601 like a real man...142/147/148...

Like the man said ~ "Speed is just a questions of money, how fast you want to go?"


Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

“Quality isn't expensive, it is priceless" --- fortune cookie
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #32789 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
So when my new funk audio 12.2s arrive who wants to come over and help me set things up and get a demo?

Maybe i should order an EQ (like iv been talking about for a year now) of some sort to really get things dialed in....
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
^^ also if anyone was interested and wanted to teach me REW and compare it to omnimic I'd be down for that mangs... Mike butney I know your not far.............
You and I are in the same boat, my friend. I have been saying I'm going to order a mic for the last 2 years. I've been waiting for @buckley44 to come back over and remeasure since I added the S3600i to the mix. I might just break down and buy a mic which will result in spending countless hours moving, adjusting, and measuring. I want to say I live probably 75-90 minutes from you. I would love to come over for a demo when time permits.
newc33 likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & S3000I subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 03-30-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #32790 of 37025 Old 03-30-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
My rule of thumb is to ensure adequate headroom first, then chase extension(or any other benefit someone feels is associated with a sealed design).

The following is based on the cea-2010 bursts.

Dual 15S in 1800 cu-ft(no large openings to other areas of the home. You're looking at 115/128/132dB outside at 1m. Add a conservative 9dB for boundary gain(probably more like 12 really)...that is 124/137/141. PVE(room gain)...again conservative, say 6/3/0. That's 130/140/141.

even if we subtract the full 6dB for doubling the mic distance and go out to 3m(?) on average...we're still around 121/131/132.

Extension---5hz to 8hz.

Add 6/2/0 to the above for 15V, extension down to 12-15hz.

For hop...add 15/10/10 to the above(15s) for dual V3601...so 136/141/142.

Do quad V3601 like a real man...142/147/148...

Like the man said ~ "Speed is just a questions of money, how fast you want to go?"


Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Do quad V3601 like a real man...142/147/148...
Hopinater likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & S3000I subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s7201 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off