Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 1196 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31459Likes

post #35851 of 37097 Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Ok, I think I have them summing up pretty good now. Individual subs are black. Both subs with 0 delay is red. Green is with delay dialed in the best I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REW_TESTING3.jpg (278.7 KB, 90 views)

Denon 1911
LCR: Polk RTiA7, CSiA6
Front height: 8" Monoprice in-ceiling
Rear: 6.5" Monoprice in-ceiling
Sub: PSA 15V x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35852 of 37097 Old 08-16-2017, 09:25 PM

Yep, don't know what I'm doing. After getting the delay dialed in on the nearfield sub, I ran Audyssey. It came back with -12 trim and double the expected distance reading. I then level matched the subs with REW a few db lower, and ran Audyssey again. Again with double the distance, but now only -8 db. Turned the trim to 0.0 (DEQ and dynamic volume off) and began a re-watch of Star Trek Into Darkness and was underwhelmed. Turned the sub distance down and it didn't seem to fix it. No tactile response at all.

I wonder if I should run Audyssey then add the delay? But then I miss out on the EQ.

Denon 1911
post #35853 of 37097 Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I like how Mike thinks.

I just wanted to point out that testing with nearfield, dual-opposed designs has apparently found that the tactile response was greatly reduced (something to do with the science of DO subs that I don't fully understand). If you were to go with a nearfield sub at some point in the future, I would recommend a single driver design.

I would also be remiss if I did not recommend you getting ported subs over sealed.* That's a pretty large space to fill and ported will give tons more TR over sealed (if you enjoy that sort of thing) along with more headroom.

*You didn't specify which 3601 you were looking at, if it is indeed the "V", then nevermind. I assume it is the "S" since you are also considering the S3000.
The V3601 and the S3000i are the subs .....sorry for not being specific.

post #35854 of 37097 Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 2628 Post(s)
Liked: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I posted this over in the new S7201 thread but I meant to post it here so I'll just post it here as well.

I never really thought about it before but it just occurred to me that Tom really goes out of his way to keep us up to date on everything... from plans, to development, to orders. I think I've kind of just taken this for granted. But thinking back through the years he often posts where PSA stands with inventory, order status, etc. They certainly don't have to do this but they do and it's incredibly helpful if one is thinking about the timing for ordering a sub. Especially during pre-orders with the release of a new product.

I don't know of any other company that cares enough to take time out of their busy schedule to keep their customers this well informed. I also think it's really cool that Tom and Jim are always willing to keep us up to date visually, with the sharing of photos. I think this really builds a sense of trust with PSA.

Thanks to both Tom and Jim for taking the time to do all this.
I've had the pleasure to deal with most ID sub manufacturer still in business. PSA is top tier in customer service. Only SVS is on the same level IME. I don't give anyone a bad grade, but SVS & PSA are on another level with their reachability and responsiveness.
post #35855 of 37097 Old 08-16-2017, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdameron View Post
Yep, don't know what I'm doing. After getting the delay dialed in on the nearfield sub, I ran Audyssey. It came back with -12 trim and double the expected distance reading. I then level matched the subs with REW a few db lower, and ran Audyssey again. Again with double the distance, but now only -8 db. Turned the trim to 0.0 (DEQ and dynamic volume off) and began a re-watch of Star Trek Into Darkness and was underwhelmed. Turned the sub distance down and it didn't seem to fix it. No tactile response at all.

I wonder if I should run Audyssey then add the delay? But then I miss out on the EQ.
What does the Graph look like after you ran Audyssey? You may be asking Audyssey MultEQ XT to do too much as it can only EQ 1 sub and you have 2 subs in 2 totally different locations.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & S3000I subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #35856 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
300 lbs. UP 16 stairs for me man. I may wrap the cardboard around the sub and slide it from landing to landing at an angle. I'll engineer something.

I like antique (heavy) furniture and live in a Cape Cod style home, so furniture is always going upstairs or downstairs.

My experience has taught me to get a good heavy duty moving blanket and a buddy or two. A good blanket is really/really worth it.

Good luck!
climber07 and Pulloutchamp like this.

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB
post #35857 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
What does the Graph look like after you ran Audyssey? You may be asking Audyssey MultEQ XT to do too much as it can only EQ 1 sub and you have 2 subs in 2 totally different locations.
I just have regular MulEQ with one sub out. I guess my assumption was that by time aligning them manually and then running audyssey, audyssey should really only hear one subwoofer signal and be able to EQ that. Instead it seems to only hear the near field delayed sub and is throwing a fit.

Denon 1911
post #35858 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2290 Post(s)
Liked: 5700
Quote:
I just have regular MulEQ with one sub out. I guess my assumption was that by time aligning them manually and then running audyssey, audyssey should really only hear one subwoofer signal and be able to EQ that. Instead it seems to only hear the near field delayed sub and is throwing a fit.
When I was running Multi EQ this is what worked best for me. I level matched my subs. I use to gain match but lately I'v been level matching.

First use just one sub with REW to find the best possible locations in the room for your subs, this means moving the sub around and running REW over again for each new location. Some of the good locations you discover may not actually be useable because of aesthetics or what not but at least you're learning about your room. This may also tell you that it's time to move some furniture around to accommodate better sub locations (if you are willing). I put sticky notes on the floor noting the best locations.

After that, run REW using one sub (located in what you found to be the best sub location) with only the center channel. Get the timing between the center channel and the primary sub dialed in using REW and the delay of the sub.

After that's as good as you can get, turn on the 2nd sub (located in the next best location) and start dialing in the timing with the 2nd sub in the mix (leave the center channel in the mix as well). This is where you are playing with the delay of the 2nd sub to get rid of as many cancellations and peaks as you can between the subs. Once you get the best response you can it's time to run Audyssey.

If Audyssey returns a trim of -12, turn down the gains on both subs the same amount, keeping them matched. If the Trim is below -7 I would turn up my gains and rerun. I like to shoot for somewhere between -9 to -11.5 (personal preference). I use a SPL meter to keep my subs matched whenever I turn my gains up or down.

Now run REW and see where you stand. I know a lot of guys will question dialing in the timing of everything before running Audyssey, since that is part of what it is supposed to be doing. But I found this method worked better. When I just let Audyssey do it all I got worse (ranging from much worse to slightly worse) responses then when I did all this.

Also, by manually getting the timing set before hand you can see if it's possible to get an acceptable in room response with the subs in their current location. I have literally dialed in my subs better manually than what Audysey has returned. There have been times where I dialed them in, ran Audyssey and got a worse response after Audyssey. I wouldn't have known how good a response was possible if I hadn't of achieved a better one manually. When that has happened, I found a small tweak in the distance setting in Audyssey on one of the subs can really help with small adjustments.

Bottom line, auto room calibration is just a tool in our arsenal but we still need to be the ones running the show. When it comes to subs (especially multiple subs), you need to keep an eye on things.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360

Last edited by Hopinater; 08-17-2017 at 07:42 AM.
post #35859 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi, I have a couple question but I am going to start with the easy one... Whats the deal with room size and audessey? Which one should be setup first?
post #35860 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopinater View Post

bottom line, auto room calibration is just a tool in our arsenal but we still need to be the ones running the show. When it comes to subs (especially multiple subs), you need to keep an eye on things.
bing!
post #35861 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Pacheco Vasquez View Post
Hi, I have a couple question but I am going to start with the easy one... Whats the deal with room size and audessey? Which one should be setup first?

Room size can be set to your preference but you should probably keep at 12 o clock to start with. The smaller the room size is set to the tighter things will sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #35862 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
room size is a control that will attenuate the signal up to -12db per octave starting around 40hz if set to small. It has been recommended to leave it set large then run room correction. However some have found by setting it in the middle then running room correction will give you the option to boost or subtract 6db below 40hz by turning it small -6 or large +6. Now this only works with room correction software like XT32 that actually eq's the sub response down to 15hz or so. If you have YPAO or no RC then best to leave it set large(no attenuation) unless you are getting an abundance of room gain down low and need to trim it back some.
post #35863 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:32 AM

Story.....after your advice of not mixing and xs15se (currently in my theater) and a xv15se and talked to Tom and cancel my xv15 order and upgraded the order to an V1801 that should be similar in output to the dual xv15 I originally order until my wife make me cancel 1.

The question is: Is there any way I can still use the xs15se? Something like installing and High pass filter and use it as a MBM? or build myself a Ported box similar in size to the V1801 for aesthetic and symmetry and and use the driver and amp of the xs15 in the new box? I dont even now if those 2 ideas are possible but I would like to hear your opinions.
FYI, I am not in the US I am from Costa Rica so the option of send the sub back as a trade is not an option for me, the shipping would be more expensive than the sub itself. I could send the amp back for a DSP reprograming but not the entire sub.
post #35864 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 3365 Post(s)
Liked: 4924
^^^

I responded to the same question from the OP about setting delay on the Audyssey thread, and there are just two things that I would like to add to the good suggestions above. First, it is also perfectly acceptable to run Audyssey before making tweaks in order to let it do its best to set filters (control points) which smooth out peaks and valleys in the frequency response, and then to adjust delay manually afterwards. That will not invalidate the EQ that Audyssey has already performed. You will simply be tweaking the phase controls (or delay controls in this case) to attain further improvement in the frequency response, or in tactile sensations. So, if the OP is having trouble with Audyssey undoing his pre-calibration tweaks, just run Audyssey, and then add the delay tweaks afterward.

Second, there is sometimes a misunderstanding about what any version of Audyssey does with respect to multiple subwoofers. The .1 (subwoofer) channel is a single discrete channel, and it gets a single filter with the number of control points in that filter determined by the specific Audyssey version. For instance, the filter in XT-32 has more taps (control points) than the filter in XT or MultEQ. But, in all versions, there is just one filter per channel, and all subwoofers on that .1 channel are EQed exactly the same based on their combined sound. Dirac and all other systems of automated room EQ with which I am familiar work the same way.

XT-32 with SubEQ has two sub outs. And, having those two subs outs allows Audyssey to set distances (timing) and trim levels separately for two subs, or for two or more pairs of subs. But, the only difference in methodology is with respect to setting two different trim levels and two different distances, and in giving the user more convenient control of dual volume settings. The process of EQing all subs in a system as one, based on their combined sound is exactly the same. As noted above, XT-32 has more control points than XT has, and so on down the line, but the process of how the subwoofer control points are implemented doesn't change among the various versions. They all EQ all subs in the system as one.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Butny, ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #35865 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2021 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Story.....after your advice of not mixing and xs15se (currently in my theater) and a xv15se and talked to Tom and cancel my xv15 order and upgraded the order to an V1801 that should be similar in output to the dual xv15 I originally order until my wife make me cancel 1.

The question is: Is there any way I can still use the xs15se? Something like installing and High pass filter and use it as a MBM? or build myself a Ported box similar in size to the V1801 for aesthetic and symmetry and and use the driver and amp of the xs15 in the new box? I dont even now if those 2 ideas are possible but I would like to hear your opinions.
FYI, I am not in the US I am from Costa Rica so the option of send the sub back as a trade is not an option for me, the shipping would be more expensive than the sub itself. I could send the amp back for a DSP reprograming but not the entire sub.
1)I'll include a graph of the room size control---what it does to the signal going from large to small(max attenuation). The effect starts around 80hz and is pretty shallow...more like a 3-4dB/octave effect. I generally advise starting with it at the mid point and experimenting from there. In many cases turning it more to small can "tighten" up the sound a little while turning it to large may give you a little more "floor shaking" on the latest hollywood blockbuster.

2)Adding a HP to the signal going to the XS15se would be easy enough. I'd do active and adjustable though. (not passive like a "F-Mod").

3)Re-purposing the XS15se components into a vented design is also possible but to make it work well you would need to send us the amp back for re-programming. Well, you might be able to get away with keeping the current DSP program(in the xs15se amp) and adding something like the behringer 24/96. That would give you the subsonic flexibility too. But that's about $300 I think?

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/ind...?topic=18254.0

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Room_comp.jpg (74.0 KB, 57 views)

“Quality isn't expensive, it is priceless" --- fortune cookie
post #35866 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I would of said to grab the flat pack from diy sound group designed for lab 15 driver and send the amp back to PSA for recalibration. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/ported-...be/cube15.html

However it looks like it has been discontinued...shame because it would of looked damn close to the V1801.

Imo I would say send the XS15se back on trade and have Tom send you the XV15se and V1801.
post #35867 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:

I would set the delay on the subs pre Audyessy like you did. I also have a Marantz 5010 with MultiEQ and I get the smoothest FR pre-Audyessy and then run Audyessy. I have ran 4+ separate subs off on the sub outputs on the 5010 so MultiEQ can definitely EQ multiple subs if you have them fairly dialed in before running Audyessy. Even XT32 EQ them all as 1 sub anyway other than setting distance and volume on separate subs for you.

You want to increase sub distance normally after running Audyessy while taking measurements. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9x76z07se4...02013.pdf?dl=0

The short version using REW measure both sub & Center channel or subs and L&R depending if you listen to more music or movies. Increase sub distance in the AVR by 1-2' until you get the smoothest FR around Xover and overall.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator

Last edited by bscool; 08-17-2017 at 09:11 AM.
post #35868 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 887
I've found that even with the sub eq etc on my x6200w I have to go back in and adjust the distance of closest subs after audyssey.
Usually adding delay to the closest by reducing the distance in avr.
Never tried fiddling with delays before running audyssey.
post #35869 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:

You are not going to want to cut the low end off of the xs15 if using it for near field. You want that low end also. Start reading farther towards the end of the MBM thread Nearfield Ported MBM for Increased Mid-Bass Tactile Response .

Guys are using sealed subs nearfield with great results. I was using a sealed UM18 and it was pretty intense it was comparable to my Crownson for shake on the low bass but I am on a suspended floor so that helps also. I started with a single 18UM behind my MLP and then I added a B&C 18TBW100 that is ported on top of the UM18 and it was

But even a single sealed sub can add a lot. It will help to have a method of EQing the near field sub like MiniDSP or another means.

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator

Last edited by bscool; 08-17-2017 at 09:27 AM.
post #35870 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Is trading in the XS15se for an XV15SE not an option?

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & S3000I subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #35871 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Is trading in the XS15se for an XV15SE not an option?
No, just the shipping from Costa Rica to Ohio is like $600 + another few hundred from US back to Costa Rica.
post #35872 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1869 Post(s)
Liked: 2076
Guys, I've had good results with the RSC setting at about 3 clicks from the large setting towards 12:00 prior to running REQ. I get a nice 17-60 Hz 6 dB boost and then levels out to 80 after turning the RSC back to large, I'll see if I can find a graph.
Mike Butny likes this.
post #35873 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, just the shipping from Costa Rica to Ohio is like $600 + another few hundred from US back to Costa Rica.
Yeah, scratch that idea.

post #35874 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Guys, I've had good results with the RSC setting at about 3 clicks from the large setting towards 12:00 prior to running REQ. I get a nice 17-60 Hz 6 dB boost and then levels out to 80 after turning the RSC back to large, I'll see if I can find a graph.
I know with you running 3 subs you have plenty of headroom. But for others, they should be cautious as they might be running out of headroom very quick. Let's say they calibrate their subs with the RSC in the middle position and Audyssey does it thing and has to reach in the gas tank to pull up some dips, then after Audy, you run the subs 6-10dbs hot, ( again you reach into the gas tank and tap into the reserve) enable DEQ, and adjust the RSC to large ( back into the gas tank to tap into the reserve, hoping there's enough left). You may have a little reserve left but as you increase the MV and are in the -15 range or lower you may be running into issues as your gas tank is now empty. The more headroom you have will allow you to be more aggressive with the RSC setting before calibration.
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 08-17-2017 at 10:59 AM.
post #35875 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
I know with you running 3 subs you have plenty of headroom.
It's only headroom if you don't use it man.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #35876 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss nimrod View Post
I like antique (heavy) furniture and live in a Cape Cod style home, so furniture is always going upstairs or downstairs.

My experience has taught me to get a good heavy duty moving blanket and a buddy or two. A good blanket is really/really worth it.

Good luck!
My thoughts exactly. Great minds think alike.

I'm going to double or triple wrap the sub top to bottom with comforters and blankets then wrap that with cardboard for easy of sliding. I will be able to winch the box up the stairs easily as it slides on the carpet. I've been climbing for years so I'm pretty sure I can get 300 lbs. up a flight of stairs relatively easily.
ahblaza and ss nimrod like this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #35877 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2290 Post(s)
Liked: 5700
Quote:

I'm going to double or triple wrap the sub top to bottom with comforters and blankets then wrap that with cardboard for easy of sliding. I will be able to winch the box up the stairs easily as it slides on the carpet. I've been climbing for years so I'm pretty sure I can get 300 lbs. up a flight of stairs relatively easily.
Reminds me of moving the V3601's around, except it's worse. Big subs create a determination unlike nothing else. I can almost hear your thoughts: "I'm getting that sub up those stairs one way or another... Come hell or high-water that sub is going up those stairs!!!"

I have utmost faith in you Climber. But spend the days while it's in transit Carb Loading and hydrating so you'll have energy to spare when it comes.
climber07 and Pulloutchamp like this.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
post #35878 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Hey @climber07 , if you don't mind me asking, how big is your room where the s7201 is going in?
Do you have a location where you are going to place it? Do you ever see yourself getting another one in the future?
One again man, I'm happy for you.

Femi
climber07 likes this.

(2)JTR Cap 4000---(6) Enclosures Seal SI HT-18's---Behringer iNUKE 6000DSP--- Behringer iNUKE 3000DSP---Denon AVR-4250CI---(5)Behringer Eurolive B215XL---(2)Klipsch SS-1 Surround---JVC RS500---Sony HW50es---VApex Fixed frame 135" 16:9---Oppo BDP-93---Toshiba HD DVD-XA2---Xbox 360---PS4---Darbee Darblet DVP-5000---Harmony 1100 remote
post #35879 of 37097 Old 08-17-2017, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by femi View Post
Hey @climber07 , if you don't mind me asking, how big is your room where the s7201 is going in?
Do you have a location where you are going to place it? Do you ever see yourself getting another one in the future?
One again man, I'm happy for you.

Femi
I'll do you one better femi. The room is 15.5'x28'x8' on the second floor. Here are a couple shots and a rendering. The S7201 is going in the same spot the current XV15se subs are living. In the right corner. I could literally put it in the back corners or between the couch and chair if I needed to. The front left corner has some decent response. As for a second, possibly. I could see the S3601 being used to fill any nulls or flatten some peaks. Room treatments will come first. I will be making my own wall panels and bass traps and cloud panels using rockwool and OC 703 rigid fiberglass.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor Plan 6.PNG
Views:	341
Size:	780.5 KB
ID:	2269290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater Room 7.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	2269292  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Home Thearer HDR-2-2 reduced.JPG (961.9 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1641-2 reduced.jpg (4.52 MB, 437 views)
tbass2k, Mike Butny, femi and 2 others like this.

post #35880 of 37097 Old 08-18-2017, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:

It's all about leverage, you got this!

PSA MTM 210T's, MTM 210C, MT 110SR, V-1800
65" LG 4K, Denon AVR-X4300H, Audio Techica AT-LP120 / AT 440MLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s7201 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page