Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 124 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20198Likes

Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 149
My xb 30f x2 are on the way. Ill snap pics for you. The amp is on the back and the port fires out of the bottom. Im not sure if youd want the driver firing into the wall though.

If you could set it up that way why not just flip 180* ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

No house curve yet.... i purchased the 2x4 2.1 advanced revision b. I am waiting until I have more time to play with the mini...jim is going to help me with some data to plug into it. the problem right now is its fireworks season and i am busy with that at the moment. So now its more listening and less fiddling with settings and measurement gear.

Thx for the info
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

XV30F in the wild for those curious

And to the person that asked for it turned around.....you're welcome. Thing is a pain in the ass to try to move around even with furniture sliders underneath! wink.gif

Also, if you do decide to leave it turned around you may have an issue with the green status light showing but could always cover that up with a piece of tape. Fortunately even with it turned around the amp is small and very unobtrusive as you can see in the pics.

Speaker next to it is a KLH 4132 (speaker that my dad bought a long time ago) which we are using for rear L/R

One minor oddity that I did notice upon having the sub is that the front (where the drivers are) on the edges are at 90 degree angles with the grill off. The back 2 corners of the subwoofer cabinet are rounded. However, when the grill is being used on the cabinet the rounded corner on the grill matches the rounded corners on the back of the sub.

Just a small FYI for those of you super anal and just something that I noticed but nothing that I find I cannot deal with.

Photos taken with an iPhone 4S so not super high quality

Denon X4000
Power Sound Audio (MT-110 / MTM-210C / MT-110)
Oppo BDP-103
Dual Power Sound Audio Triaxes
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarretc View Post

Sweet. With a nice planter and an asparagus fern on top, it would blend right into the decor. Like a tiger, very well suited for the urban jungle. biggrin.gif
Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Anybo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Sweet. With a nice planter and an asparagus fern on top, it would blend right into the decor. Like a tiger, very well suited for the urban jungle. biggrin.gif

I can just imagine the xv30f in cherry or expresso! Would look awesome! Jarretc, dont you have dual xv30f's???
Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristian0507 View Post

Anybo
I can just imagine the xv30f in cherry or expresso! Would look awesome! Jarretc, dont you have dual xv30f's???

Nope, just a single XV30F.

Denon X4000
Oppo BDP-103
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Nope, just a single XV30F.

Poor, poor XV30f. All alone. No family to keep it company. Sniff, sniff. frown.gif Maybe you can get it a baby brother (XV15) so it won't feel so lonely. tongue.gif
Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Poor, poor XV30f. All alone. No family to keep it company. Sniff, sniff. frown.gif Maybe you can get it a baby brother (XV15) so it won't feel so lonely. tongue.gif

I just spent last weekend in Vegas at Electric Daisy Carnival, if I would be getting another subwoofer I'd be selling this one and going with a Triax or DIY smile.gif

Denon X4000
Oppo BDP-103
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:

Anybo

Maybe one day it'll be available in those veneered finishes.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:

Speaker next to it is a KLH 4132 (speaker that my dad bought a long time ago) which we are using for rear L/R

I know you aren't asking for OT advice, but I can't help myself. redface.gif

Your surrounds would work *much* better if they were mounted above ear level and facing the listening position. I've circled the spot where the left surround should be mounted. I am absolutely sure you would like it better mounted up there.

I'm just sayin'

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I know you aren't asking for OT advice, but I can't help myself. redface.gif

Your surrounds would work *much* better if they were mounted above ear level and facing the listening position. I've circled the spot where the left surround should be mounted. I am absolutely sure you would like it better mounted up there.

I'm just sayin'

Craig

No worries, there is a lot that could be done that would make things with the current setup sound a lot better. But I'm not too concerned with it all for right now as I don't get much use out of it as it is and the current "room" (attached kitchen/dining room you can see in the back, along with a foyer, vaulted ceilings and long hallway) there is just too much space for the sub to pressurize properly to even begin to worry.

Denon X4000
Oppo BDP-103
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Anybod
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Anybody know how the Triax would do vs the seaton submersive hp? I know the submeraive has 2400 watts vs 4000 watts for the Triax. And the submersive has 2 drivers vs 3 for the Triax. Any thoughts???
Old 06-27-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4738
Quote:

Anybod
Anybody know how the Triax would do vs the seaton submersive hp? I know the submeraive has 2400 watts vs 4000 watts for the Triax. And the submersive has 2 drivers vs 3 for the Triax. Any thoughts???

the triax should have more output being it has three 30mm xmax drivers and 4k watts of power.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Dual Triax eek.gif Is anyone going that route?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Dual Triax eek.gif Is anyone going that route?
I am! Dual triax's ordered. Retiring the XV30's 😝
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM

The Tr
Quote:

the triax should have more output being it has three 30mm xmax drivers and 4k watts of power.
The Triax on paper is a monster! Not that i doubt it will be great sub, but submersive has allot of happy customers and is considered one of the best subs.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:

The Tr
The Triax on paper is a monster! Not that i doubt it will be great sub, but submersive has allot of happy customers and is considered one of the best subs.

Other than anecdotal evidence, I've not seen any empirical graphs for the Submersive in which to do comparisons. Has (Mark) Seaton had any of his subs submitted for measurements?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

What finishes did you get???
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Other than anecdotal evidence, I've not seen any empirical graphs for the Submersive in which to do comparisons. Has (Mark) Seaton had any of his subs submitted for measurements?[/quote
Listen, im a fan of the Triax! But there is allot of seaton happy customers. As of right now the jtr captivator, and seaton submersive hp are the subs to get. The Triax just came out, maybe its a matter of time. But it has to prove itself first through its owners.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Do you really? eek.gif Time for a party at Reef's!

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Listen, im a fan of the Triax! But there is allot of seaton happy customers. As of right now the jtr captivator, and seaton submersive hp are the subs to get. The Triax just came out, maybe its a matter of time. But it has to prove itself first through its owners.

My post was a question, not a confrontation issue. It would be nice to compare empirical measurements. Does anybody know of a set of measurements for the Submersive? I'm sure PSA will get the measurements for the Triax posted quickly as all the rest of their products have posted measurements.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The Tr
submersive has allot of happy customers and is considered one of the best subs.

and it should, however there is a new player in the top of the subwoofer chain...that being said, on paper the triax looks to best the submersive. I am not saying it will, but it has everything it needs to do so...

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:

and it should, however there is a new player in the top of the subwoofer chain...that being said, on paper the triax looks to best the submersive. I am not saying it will, but it has everything it needs to do so...
What's a more interesting comparison is the jtr s2. Two 18in 30mm xmax drivers with 4k watts. More displacement for $200 more at the pre-order price, and less expensive after pre-order.

All great subs!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:

Im looking forward to it. Once i started talking to tom, i was sold on all PSA products, but the submersive still calls my name time to time. Ive only seen 2 youtube videos for psa subs, where are the psa owners, show your psa subs to the world!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

My xb 30f x2 are on the way. Ill snap pics for you. The amp is on the back and the port fires out of the bottom. Im not sure if youd want the driver firing into the wall though.

If you could set it up that way why not just flip 180* ?

I'm thinking in terms of getting the best room response from the only spot an XV30f will fit, in the corner behind the left front speaker where my current sub resides. Last night I did some measurements with REW (just started using it recently) and notice if I moved my sub, an SVS down firing cylinder design, a foot or so in any direction out of the corner the FR got worse. This has me wondering if I place an XV30f facing into the room if the FR would suffer since the drivers would be a couple feet from the corner. Facing it into the corner, getting the drivers closer to the corner may prove beneficial.
Quote:

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

And to the person that asked for it turned around.....you're welcome. Thing is a pain in the ass to try to move around even with furniture sliders underneath! wink.gif

Also, if you do decide to leave it turned around you may have an issue with the green status light showing but could always cover that up with a piece of tape. Fortunately even with it turned around the amp is small and very unobtrusive as you can see in the pics.

One minor oddity that I did notice upon having the sub is that the front (where the drivers are) on the edges are at 90 degree angles with the grill off. The back 2 corners of the subwoofer cabinet are rounded. However, when the grill is being used on the cabinet the rounded corner on the grill matches the rounded corners on the back of the sub.

Just a small FYI for those of you super anal and just something that I noticed but nothing that I find I cannot deal with.

Photos taken with an iPhone 4S so not super high quality

Wow, thank you! I really do appreciate you taking the time to post the pics and especially for going through the trouble of turning it around. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I'm glad too see the amp is mounted low; makes it easier to obscure with a plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I asked Tom about that. No additional finishes planned for the XV30/XV30f. frown.gif it would look sweet in the Cordovan Cherry and would be much more decor friendly. wink.gif
Quote:

Other than anecdotal evidence, I've not seen any empirical graphs for the Submersive in which to do comparisons. Has (Mark) Seaton had any of his subs submitted for measurements?

Quote:

My post was a question, not a confrontation issue. It would be nice to compare empirical measurements. Does anybody know of a set of measurements for the Submersive? I'm sure PSA will get the measurements for the Triax posted quickly as all the rest of their products have posted measurements.

+1

I couldnt find any measurements. I tried twice to contact Mr. Seaton about measurements, but received no response. I'm sorry, but posts saying "this sub is great", isn't enough to convince me it's the sub for me, so I struck it off the list. And the lack of response to my inquiries doesn't give me any warm fuzzies either.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM

When I had the sub turned around toward the wall I tried it out and didn't notice any difference but I'm probably not the best person to be attempting to hear the difference as I don't seem to be quite as precise in my hearing as other people on here seem to be.

Denon X4000
Oppo BDP-103
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:

When I had the sub turned around toward the wall I tried it out and didn't notice any difference but I'm probably not the best person to be attempting to hear the difference as I don't seem to be quite as precise in my hearing as other people on here seem to be.

I appreciate the feedback.

You mentioned all the open space you have, do you have an idea of how many cubic feet you're dealing with? I asked because I also have an open space of about 5500 cubic feet and am wondering how the XV30f would handle it (Tom said it should work pretty good).

Thanks. smile.gif

Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

You mentioned all the open space you have, do you have an idea of how many cubic feet you're dealing with? I asked because I also have an open space of about 5500 cubic feet and am wondering how the XV30f would handle it (Tom said it should work pretty good).

Thanks. smile.gif

I really have no idea....I'll try to get some measurements tonight for you.

Denon X4000
Oppo BDP-103
Sony KDL60W630B
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

Thanks. smile.gif

I dont think it will matter how powerful of sub you put in that corner...in order to do your room any justice 2 to 3 subs is a must in that huge room as previously mentioned via pm's. for testing purposes I added a budget jbl es250 that i bought for another application just to see if there would be a difference. I will say that the third sub really brought the other 2 together and solidified my decision on adding a third xv15. even with the jbl my entire room is filled with even pressurizing bass. actually the whole house is now, its amazing how adding a sub can smooth the response and redirect standing waves. here is a pic of how my subs are placed.

Point being I would really focus on atleast 2 or even trying to find a way to place 3 subs in your room...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15