Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 139 - AVS Forum
First ... 137  138  139 140  141  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread
D_M's Avatar D_M 12:09 PM 07-11-2013
Did SVS sub numbers fall off or something? Isn't the XV15's competition the PB12-NSD? Looking at audioholics numbers, one sub appears to be better than the other.

Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 12:31 PM 07-11-2013
No the comp for the xv15 is the Pb+
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 12:36 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_M View Post

Did SVS sub numbers fall off or something? Isn't the XV15's competition the PB12-NSD? Looking at audioholics numbers, one sub appears to be better than the other.

No the NSD can’t compare to the XV in output. I hear the XV is closer/very close to the Plus which is a quite substantual sub. nuet brought up a thought though.. I think it was HSU that came up with the cylinder first as far as ID Co.’s go.
D_M's Avatar D_M 12:50 PM 07-11-2013
Is audioholics THD numbers important or not? XV has double the THD of the PB12-NSD.
morrischestnut60's Avatar morrischestnut60 01:09 PM 07-11-2013
All things being equal(performance, reliability, customer service, etc) SVS offerings appear to target customers who are concerned about aesthetics(size, finish, reputation). I think every company targets a specific need whether by design or just the evolution of their competition. I will always have a soft spot for SVS.biggrin.gif
tboe77's Avatar tboe77 01:32 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

. . . but I guess you kind of waived any legal recourse though if something goes deeply wrong.

Not sure what you mean by this.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 01:40 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

All things being equal(performance, reliability, customer service, etc) SVS offerings appear to target customers who are concerned about aesthetics(size, finish, reputation). I think every company targets a specific need whether by design or just the evolution of their competition. I will always have a soft spot for SVS.biggrin.gif

Yeah it took SVS a long time to start offering the sealed design. Size had/has always been a issue with some/SVS.. and some wanted to see the sealed design as a option. They have a pretty well rounded line now, but I always am curious as to what they will come out with next. PSA has expanded their line very rapidly, more of a rate of change than what I can remember with any other ID Co. Don’t know what Tom and Jim plan, but at the way things are going I wouldn't think we have seen the end. smile.gif no way! Imo PSA is taking on looks, style, customer service> (just as good as SVS), yada all the traits that SVS is concerned with, it’s just going to take time (evolution).. PSA just started offering new finishes but keep coming out with new offerings.
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 01:45 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Yeah it took SVS a long time to start offering the sealed design. Size had/has always been a issue with some/SVS.. and some wanted to see the sealed design as a option. They have a pretty well rounded line now, but I always am curious as to what they will come out with next. PSA has expanded their line very rapidly, more of a rate of change than what I can remember with any other ID Co. Don’t know what Tom and Jim plan, but at the way things are going I wouldn't think we have seen the end. smile.gif no way! Imo PSA is taking on looks, style, customer service (just as good as SVS), yada all the traits that SVS is concerned with, it’s just going to take time (evolution).. PSA just started offering new finishes but keep coming out with new offerings.

Man some of the pictures of the veneer options of the XS30 makes me actually wish I had my subs out for everyone to see so that I'd have an excuse go buy a veneered XS30!
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 01:55 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Man some of the pictures of the veneer options of the XS30 makes me actually wish I had my subs out for everyone to see so that I'd have an excuse go buy a veneered XS30!

You need a excuse? Why I tell you me biggrin.gif That would be nice though.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 02:00 PM 07-11-2013
Hey jbrown.. Should I go post a pic of my past DIY LLT cylinders over where nuet hangs out? wink.gifbiggrin.gif
scorpionrm's Avatar scorpionrm 04:59 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

There has to be some natural law being broken here. tongue.gif

-
enough to have left me with a **** eating grin on my face. I can't even imagine how it will sound with a TRIAX. Scary thought.
airgas1998's Avatar airgas1998 06:36 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

Yeah it took SVS a long time to start offering the sealed design. Size had/has always been a issue with some/SVS.. and some wanted to see the sealed design as a option. They have a pretty well rounded line now, but I always am curious as to what they will come out with next. PSA has expanded their line very rapidly, more of a rate of change than what I can remember with any other ID Co. Don’t know what Tom and Jim plan, but at the way things are going I wouldn't think we have seen the end. smile.gif no way! Imo PSA is taking on looks, style, customer service> (just as good as SVS), yada all the traits that SVS is concerned with, it’s just going to take time (evolution).. PSA just started offering new finishes but keep coming out with new offerings.

I think its time for svs (ed and team) to come out with something that would compete with the triax. they need to take it to the next level like psa did. I love their cs and products, but if I was to replace my pb13 I wouldn't hesitate one bit in ordering the triax.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 06:54 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

I think its time for svs (ed and team) to come out with something that would compete with the triax. they need to take it to the next level like psa did. I love their cs and products, but if I was to replace my pb13 I wouldn't hesitate one bit in ordering the triax.

I couldn't agree more!.. definitely! If I ever buy another sub and I expect to, the Triax will be at the very top of my list!
neutro's Avatar neutro 06:55 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

I see nuet just passed by.. now that’s funny. Talk about breaking out of your shell. biggrin.gifeek.gif

What is that even supposed to mean biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_M View Post

Is audioholics THD numbers important or not? XV has double the THD of the PB12-NSD.

Good question! Distortion is bad of course. But how much distortion does it take for a listener to be aware of it... at 20 Hz? I mean, 20 Hz is somewhere between a sound and a rumble anyway, and below that, it's mostly a tactile feeling. Can you perceive harmonic distortion below 20 Hz? This is a honest question by the way.

Answering to myself... I guess most distortion appear as higher-order harmonics, so that distorted sub-20 Hz waveforms will have audible higher-frequency components I guess?

I thought I heard distortion from my SVS SB12-NSD but it was pretty severe. Turns out it was the grille rattling. Nasty problem plaguing at least a few production runs of the SB12 and PB12-NSD... So I guess I never really noticed any distortion since I switched to ID subs from my crappy 8" Energy sub!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboe77 View Post

Not sure what you mean by this.

Well to be totally honest I'm not sure either. I guess I'm thinking about Canadian consumer protection laws. They can't possibly apply when you purchase a good out of the country. Buying cheap HDMI cables from Monoprice is one thing, but a 1k$+ sub is another entirely. Yet thinking about it... I trust PSA's honesty much more than I trust the effectiveness of consumer protection laws.
Quote:

Seriously I thought that PSA were selling Submersives for a moment. Clearly they want in in the premium sub market!
Quote:

Hey jbrown.. Should I go post a pic of my past DIY LLT cylinders over where nuet hangs out? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Please do smile.gif But... would this be that monster by any chance?

So, a Triax was ordered, I see. cool.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 07:33 PM 07-11-2013
That fact that it only cost $150 to upgrade a XS30's to a premium veneer is also pretty amazing.
scorpionrm's Avatar scorpionrm 08:48 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

That fact that it only cost $150 to upgrade a XS30's to a premium veneer is also pretty amazing.
even at 200 dollars for the TRIAX is pretty amazing. Initial I had ordered the standard black one but ahblaza when on to tease everybody with his pictures. I said " don't tease me bro!!! ", but the look of that expresso was just too sick to ignore so I ended up adding another couple of days to my delivery date in order to upgrade. at that price, what's 200 more.
pdxrealtor's Avatar pdxrealtor 08:51 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionrm View Post

I said " don't tease me bro!!!

LOL
cr136124's Avatar cr136124 08:52 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

even at 200 dollars for the TRIAX is pretty amazing. Initial I had ordered the standard black one but ahblaza when on to tease everybody with his pictures. I said " don't tease me bro!!! ", but the look of that expresso was just to sick to ignore so I ended up adding another couple of days to my delivery date in order to upgrade. at that price, what's 200 more.

I don't blame you on the switch. So, what is your new ETA?
scorpionrm's Avatar scorpionrm 09:26 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post

I don't blame you on the switch. So, what is your new ETA?
initial I was told shipping would start around the 14 July but the change would add a few more days. that's okay by me because the XV30 is keeping me happier than a cop in a doughnut shop.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:31 PM 07-11-2013
Has anybody plugged the port on a xv sub and ran it sealed?
scorpionrm's Avatar scorpionrm 09:34 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Are you insane? that's like ripping the tag of a mattress. I heard the FBI breaks down your door if you do either one of those. I'm personally not taking that chance.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 09:40 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I once tried that with a Ultra a didn't like it as opposed to other sealed options I had ran.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:42 PM 07-11-2013
was just curious since the sealed and vented subs use the same amp and driver ....I like my subs being ported, just was thinking out loud more or less.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:42 PM 07-11-2013
was just curious since the sealed and vented subs use the same amp and driver ....I like my subs being ported, just was thinking out loud more or less.
scorpionrm's Avatar scorpionrm 09:47 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

I once tried that with a Ultra a didn't like it as opposed to other sealed options I had ran. I stated so on the forum in all honesty and got blasted by XX for doing so . frown.gif
The new SVS Ultra towers come with foam plugs you can use to control the roll off. I personally do not like them plugged.
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 10:00 PM 07-11-2013
Double post basshead! Lol wink.gif
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 10:02 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

The new SVS Ultra towers come with foam plugs you can use to control the roll off. I personally do not like them plugged.

My last purchase with SVS was dual PC-13 ULTRA’s. I only kept them for a month or so and went on another DIY tangent. I had a old style Ultra that I really liked, but never tried it in the sealed mode if I remember correctly? I do know that I never did care for the 13s plugged though. 20 and 16Hz tune was good.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 10:05 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

Double post basshead! Lol wink.gif

He does that when he is really adamant about something. wink.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 10:06 PM 07-11-2013
Quote:

My last purchase with SVS was dual PC-13 ULTRA’s. I only kept them for a month or so and went on another DIY tangent. I had a old style Ultra that I really liked, but never tried it in the sealed mode if I remember correctly? I do know that I never did care for the 13s plugged though. 20 and 16Hz tune was good.

Alright Steve I give in, post some of these DIY pics or PM them to me. I want to see them now! biggrin.gif
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 10:07 PM 07-11-2013
Lol...no its this new asus transformer. Taking some getting use too.
Tags: Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
First ... 137  138  139 140  141  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop