Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20303Likes

Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

+1. That grenade scene holy moly

But mine are oblivion and olympus has fallen. With oblivion being my favorite. Cool story and unreal visuals and sound

Ya OHF was good too! That was my 3rd fav of the year so far. Hey when you get a chance stop in this thread and give your opinion between the PB12NSD and XV15.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1493761/open-floor-plan-subwoofer-help/30#post_23812865

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I was thinking the same thing, ima play pacific rim first with the triax!!

You are really going to like it. The DTS-MA track is really awesome. I've blown the breaker 5 times so far but still have a huge smile on my face. Pretty fricking awesome!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Congrats! You might try the PB12 plus with both XV15's and see how 3 subs work in your room. smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestion. I was planning on selling the SVS to help finance the dual PSAs but 3 subs are something to consider.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds
Oppo BDP-105
Marantz SR-5010
SVS SB-1000
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post

You are really going to like it. The DTS-MA track is really awesome. I've blown the breaker 5 times so far but still have a huge smile on my face. Pretty fricking awesome!!!

I loved that movie on IMAX. Can't wait to watch/hear it at home next week.

Ascend Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Ascend Horizon Center w/RAAL, Ascend CBM-170 SE surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos modules
SVS PB12 Plus (x2) PSA XV15SE (x2)
Denon X4200w / Emotiva Mini-X a-100
Samsung UHD BD K8500
Sony XBR75X940C / Samsung 60F8000
Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 375
"On FedEx vehicle for delivery" biggrin.gif

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT L/R Bypass ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

"On FedEx vehicle for delivery" biggrin.gif

you may notice a few differences between your PB-1000 and your XV15
D Bone likes this.

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
Old 10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Just out of curiousity, in a dual sub setup where each of the two subs are different, would placing the weaker sub of the two behind the mlp be worth trying out even if it wont be near any walls? Im going to place the Triax at the front right corner sweet spot but my Trinity wont have anywhere else thats good due to room design so i was wondering if placing the Trinity behind the center of my 3 seats would do anything and if so what effects would it create for movie viewing?

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, in a dual sub setup where each of the two subs are different, would placing the weaker sub of the two behind the mlp be worth trying out even if it wont be near any walls? Im going to place the Triax at the front right corner sweet spot but my Trinity wont have anywhere else thats good due to room design so i was wondering if placing the Trinity behind the center of my 3 seats would do anything and if so what effects would it create for movie viewing?

Hard to tell until you actually set up the subs in your room - however keep in mind that the Sub EQ function on the 4520 will measure both subs when you run Audyssey and the sub output will be limited to the max performance of the lesser sub - so depending on the Trinity's measured output in your room, you may end up taming some of the Triax performance. I can't recall if you indicated you have measuring equipment - but this would be a situation where you could use REW to determine the relative merits of Triax vs. Triax + Trinity

Old 10-08-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

Hard to tell until you actually set up the subs in your room - however keep in mind that the Sub EQ function on the 4520 will measure both subs when you run Audyssey and the sub output will be limited to the max performance of the lesser sub - so depending on the Trinity's measured output in your room, you may end up taming some of the Triax performance. I can't recall if you indicated you have measuring equipment - but this would be a situation where you could use REW to determine the relative merits of Triax vs. Triax + Trinity

Dont have measuring capability right now but i noticed that when i moved the trinity around the room it lost alot of its power so it seems that my front right corner is the ideal location. Once the triax is placed there i dont have anywhere to put the trinity and it seems pointless to place it somewhere if it will lose more power along with the fact that the triax is even more powerful i just dont want it to mess up the triaxs effects so i was thinking about putting it behind my seats where it could just be used as a seat vibrator/massage lol. Not sure if this idea makes sense, i know the triax will pressure up the room so maybe putting the lesser of the subs closer and behind me will keep it out of the triaxs way for the most part and just kind of rummble the seats persay like during explosions and what not. Sorry if this idea sounds dumb its just that im trying to be ready for when i get the triax

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:

Dont have measuring capability right now but i noticed that when i moved the trinity around the room it lost alot of its power so it seems that my front right corner is the ideal location. Once the triax is placed there i dont have anywhere to put the trinity and it seems pointless to place it somewhere if it will lose more power along with the fact that the triax is even more powerful i just dont want it to mess up the triaxs effects so i was thinking about putting it behind my seats where it could just be used as a seat vibrator/massage lol. Not sure if this idea makes sense, i know the triax will pressure up the room so maybe putting the lesser of the subs closer and behind me will keep it out of the triaxs way for the most part and just kind of rummble the seats persay like during explosions and what not. Sorry if this idea sounds dumb its just that im trying to be ready for when i get the triax
Why not leave the Trinity where it is and put the Triax in another spot... The Triax has woofers in 3 different directions and might like to be in a different spot than your Trinity.

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, 2 Intel NUCs, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Crest Audio CM2208s, Yamaha XM-4080, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

WOW!eek.gif

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT L/R Bypass ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Why not leave the Trinity where it is and put the Triax in another spot... The Triax has woofers in 3 different directions and might like to be in a different spot than your Trinity.

My front right is the strong point, the left front corner is open to a staircase going upstairs so it just leaks all the pressure, the back side of the room is like 30ft away and its just too far from the front side where my theater is setup. I have the theater setup where it takes up the front half of the room and the rear side is my bedroom half so thats why im not sure what to do. Ive seen people place subs behind seats but i think they usually have a wall close by so i wasnt sure if i did that with the trinity that it would work since thered be no walls. I know the triax will do great overall i guess my room design is flawed for a dual sub setup, its good for just one sub after that there are no more good spots. I hope i dont have to waste this trinity eek.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

WOW!eek.gif
Looks like somebody's demoing an XV15

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
Old 10-08-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwolverine View Post

I decided it was time to upgrade my audio gear. I have a question about my new sub.

My Old Gear:
Pioneer 1121 Receiver
Polk DSW Pro 600 Sub
Polk Monitor 70 Mains
Polk Monitor 30 Rears
Polk CS2 Center

My New Gear:
Pioneer 1222 Receiver
PSA XV15 Sub
Polk RTIA9 Mains
Polk F/XiA6 Rears
Polk CSiA6 Center

After running my AVR calibration, it set my sub to -3. I currently have the subs gain knob set at the 2 o'clock position. Using a DTS demo bluray disc I played some clips and found turning the AVR sub gain up to +6, of course resulted in more bass that I was pleased with vs the -3 the AVR auto set the sub to.

Am I causing the boomy bass now that people don't like, and I really need another sub to get more bass due to my large open house floor plan? I highly doubt I'm harming the sub as it feels like a tank, of course I could be wrong. My AVR crossover is set to 80, mains set to small. I have the sub crossover knob set to LFE (max clockwise). We enjoy watching our movies at volume -15. Thx.

Wow, that is allot of space for a single XV-15! That room is defiantly Triax material biggrin.gif
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Quote:

I have the theater setup where it takes up the front half of the room and the rear side is my bedroom half so thats why im not sure what to do. Ive seen people place subs behind seats but i think they usually have a wall close by so i wasnt sure if i did that with the trinity that it would work since thered be no walls. I know the triax will do great overall i guess my room design is flawed for a dual sub setup, its good for just one sub after that there are no more good spots. I hope i dont have to waste this trinity eek.gif

With the Triax in the corner and the Trinity nearfield to your main listening position, despite the stairwell, you'll be getting plenty of bass.

Once you run XT32, I expect you'll be back with a sh eating grin, all over your face.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

With the Triax in the corner and the Trinity nearfield to your main listening position, despite the stairwell, you'll be getting plenty of bass.

Once you run XT32, I expect you'll be back with a sh eating grin, all over your face.

Thanks beeman, ill mess with the trinity a lil more until the Triax gets here. I moved it to the front left side so far but it leaks too much pressure so ima try it behind the seats just so I already know ahead of time where to have it before the Triax gets here. Man there's so many movies to try out with the Triax. Pacific rim will come first then I'll put on world war z and off course Jurassic park! biggrin.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Hang in there. When the subs are setup, you'll be glad you waited. Maybe some football. I had our subs running when the 49er's romped all over Houston. Now that's what I call "defense." biggrin.gif

(that first pick was amazing)

(don't forget to comment what your experience is with the Trinity when placed nearfield to your seats)

-
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Looks like somebody's demoing an XV15

Yes sir smile.gif I will have a more detailed review once I get more time on the unit, but so far, so good to say the least. cool.gif

Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Ohh Triax

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
Old 10-08-2013, 10:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Triax, Triax, Triax!!! I need my fix! eek.gif Wait, we're almost there, I see the light, is that you Triax? Yes sir Beeman, I'm going to place my trinity behind my seats this weekend just for the heck of it, if it actually works then ill be gold once the Triax gets here, if not I'll just put it on the left front side with the Triax at the right front side smile.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:

Triax, Triax, Triax!!! I need my fix! eek.gif Wait, we're almost there, I see the light, is that you Triax? Yes sir Beeman, I'm going to place my trinity behind my seats this weekend just for the heck of it, if it actually works then ill be gold once the Triax gets here, if not I'll just put it on the left front side with the Triax at the right front side smile.gif

If you can, when the Triax comes in, stack the Trinity on top of the Triax and see what happens.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

If you can, when the Triax comes in, stack the Trinity on top of the Triax and see what happens.

Holy crap! That sounds crazy but i like it! With the Triax on the bottom, the Trinity would fit ontop since its not as wide. Man, so i wonder would the 200 lb weight of the Trinity be too much to put on the triax? If not theyd both be at the sweet spot, i think i will give this a try. 3-15 in drivers and 2-14 in drivers with 4-14 in radiators and 6000 watts rms 12000 watts peak all in the strong corner, wooow!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM

...biggrin.gif

Being how these boxes are braced, I don't see a Trinity giving the Triax any trouble. Just to be sure, give PSA a call to see if the Trinity would cause the Triax any trouble.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like I will be getting the stock finish Triax instead of the American Cherry... The wood veneer price has just increased considerably.

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, 2 Intel NUCs, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Crest Audio CM2208s, Yamaha XM-4080, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Looks like I will be getting the stock finish Triax instead of the American Cherry... The wood veneer price has just increased considerably.

Can you offer up the difference in price?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:

Its on the PSA website, its $3749 for the Veneer options. Which is 250 higher than the none preorder price ($3499 for veneer) would have been. I can only assume the textured black will jump up as well Tom did mention they would have to up the price. To be fair thought the Triax was at preorder price for a long time.

I wonder what the new price for textured black will be. Seeing as it was supposed be $3299 outside of preorder but that was before the price needed to go up because of the improved drivers. And I'm sure there is in part an increase to help cover the extra shipping for the new heavier weight. So maybe in keeping with the evener option increase maybe $3549?

I just hope Tom can get this to Josh for review, so that sales continue to be made. That's not a cheap sub. Granted for a lot of sub... but still.
ellisr63 likes this.

ShaunH
Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4760
Quote:

Holy crap! That sounds crazy but i like it! With the Triax on the bottom, the Trinity would fit ontop since its not as wide. Man, so i wonder would the 200 lb weight of the Trinity be too much to put on the triax? If not theyd both be at the sweet spot, i think i will give this a try. 3-15 in drivers and 2-14 in drivers with 4-14 in radiators and 6000 watts rms 12000 watts peak all in the strong corner, wooow!

I highly doubt there would be any issues putting the Trinity on top of the Triax...I can sit on my XV15 and I weigh more then 200lbs. PSA subs are built like TANKS!
ellisr63 likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 10-09-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I highly doubt there would be any issues putting the Trinity on top of the Triax...I can sit on my XV15 and I weigh more then 200lbs. PSA subs are built like TANKS!

Man this is an awesome idea, my right corner has plenty of space to stack them, i cant wait to try it out!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was going to pay for the upgrade, and had given them my CC for the $200 upgrade (I believe that is what it was when I placed the order on the phone) but I was notified today that it went to a $750 upgrade... Not worth it to me to have wood veneer. I might even just put the sub behind the screen when I build the new HT. I will not be disappointed in the least that it is black. I think the sub is still a excellent value for the new asking price. smile.gif

Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:

I thought Tom already said he would give you the American Cherry version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post

Its on the PSA website, its $3749 for the Veneer options. Which is 250 higher than the none preorder price ($3499 for veneer) would have been. I can only assume the textured black will jump up as well Tom did mention they would have to up the price. To be fair thought the Triax was at preorder price for a long time.

I wonder what the new price for textured black will be. Seeing as it was supposed be $3299 outside of preorder but that was before the price needed to go up because of the improved drivers. And I'm sure there is in part an increase to help cover the extra shipping for the new heavier weight. So maybe in keeping with the evener option increase maybe $3549?

I just hope Tom can get this to Josh for review, so that sales continue to be made. That's not a cheap sub. Granted for a lot of sub... but still.

I didn't know the price had increased yet (I hadn't looked at the price/option dropdown in awhile). Looks like the pre order folks are getting quite the deal.
ellisr63 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15