AVS Forum banner
6M views 82K replies 2K participants last post by  Delta117 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread about the Tom Vodhanel and Jim Farina founded.

Power Sound Audio

This is thread is for discussion about Power Sound Audio. New products, speculation, product recommendation and support of PSA products.

Other Power Sound Audio product threads / forums

Official PSA Triax Thread

Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread

Power Sound Vendor forum (here at AVS)

Contact Power Sound Audio

Contact Power Sound Audio via email

Power Sound Audio on Facebook

Power Sound Audio on Twitter

PSA 01 Series CEA2010 Data (dosen't include S7201)

Please feel free to ask questions, and talk about all things PSA related. If you haven't already you should consider emailing PSA at the provided link, to get the best recommendation for you room.

See less See more
#4,922 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timokreon  /t/1372020/official-power-sound-audio-thread/4950#post_23630905

For those with the xv15, might I please have the dimensions of the shipping box itself? Thank you

If not, I'll mail psa tomorrow for the details.

My xv15 will be arriving Friday. Just clearing space in the basement to keep the box, etc.. lol
The box is 22x26x27, and congrats on your purchase! I'm enjoying mine a lot

#4,923 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE  /t/1372020/official-power-sound-audio-thread/4950#post_23631207

The box is 22x26x27, and congrats on your purchase! I'm enjoying mine a lot

Thank you very much good sir!

Also, thanks to everyone else for the warm welcomes.
I'm sure I'll enjoy the sub immensely.

Now, off to the basement to ensure space for the box. lol

#4,925 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor  /t/1372020/official-power-sound-audio-thread/4950#post_23630570

You mean to tell me there is no snowboarding near you.... and all that snowfall??? OMG....HFS.... I would DIE. That's like God teasing you with toothpick in your you know what.

We are an hour away from the mnts. Hardly see snow at home but get some great days of waist deep powder at the mnt.

There are places for skiing and snowboarding, sure. But it's hard to find a place in North America further away from the Rockies
Mountains here are low and round.
Quote:
I assume you want sub pictures?

How could you tell?

#4,926 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro  /t/1372020/official-power-sound-audio-thread/4950#post_23631623

There are places for skiing and snowboarding, sure. But it's hard to find a place in North America further away from the Rockies
Mountains here are low and round.

How could you tell?

During room setup

Pulled out to gain match

#4,935 ·
Well, I predict that PSA's sales numbers are about to spike. The September issue of Sound & Vision magazine has a cover story shootout of five $800 subs. As per usual, the magazine article isn't very critical nor does it state as to which one is best, but if you read between the lines, it's seemed to me that the PSA was the overall winner.

The featured subs were:

NHT B-12D

Paradigm Monitor Sub 10

PSA XV15

SVS PC12-NSD

Velodyne EQ-Max 12

#4,936 ·
Talked to Tom about my upper freq. issues. He's going to help me out.

Point is.... I don't know any manufactures who will personally take your calls and do what Tom is doing for me. Not to mention he made me feel rude when talking. The guy is so polite he won't interrupt you no matter what.

Customer service from PSA is beyond amazing. If the world followed his lead we'd still be drinking Coke out of bottles and wood working with 9 in 1 cast iron machines.

I do believe he is one of the last.............

#4,937 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent A  /t/1372020/official-power-sound-audio-thread/4950#post_23633201

Well, I predict that PSA's sales numbers are about to spike. The September issue of Sound & Vision magazine has a cover story shootout of five $800 subs. As per usual, the magazine article isn't very critical nor does it state as to which one is best, but if you read between the lines, it's seemed to me that the PSA was the overall winner.

The featured subs were:

NHT B-12D

Paradigm Monitor Sub 10

PSA XV15

SVS PC12-NSD

Velodyne EQ-Max 12

Kinda unhappy seeing the psa xv line being compared to such a lower end of subs. No offense to anyone with those subs. I only researched the SVS NSD but that is an entry level sub.

I've read several places that the PSA XVs should be on par with the SVS plus line. Hmmmm

#4,939 ·
I have a question for those getting a Triax.....

The Triax amp lacks an Auto On feature. Do you plan to leave it on all the time or turn it on and off manually?

Tom checked with the amp maker about using a 12v trigger power strip. Here's the most cost effective 12v trigger power strip the amp maker said he would trust;

http://www.amazon.com/Panamax-M8-AV-PRO-Theater-Power-Management/dp/B0030TWBPU/

Personally I'd like to have the convenience of Auto On/Off, but I'm not sure it's worth $170.

#4,940 ·
I installed a 20 amp dedicated line just in anticipation for the Triax which will be plugged directly into the wall, I also installed dual receptacles from this 20 amp circuit in anticipation for my second Triax (Cordovan), I'm waiting on the Expresso now but I think I will also like the cherry so I just have to have both veneers just so I will have no regrets about the colors:D. I also have no problem just flipping a toggle switch on the sub, I never use the auto feature anyway, I think having reservations about ordering the right finish is justifiable by getting both the cherryy and expresso, do you guys agree;) Good now I have to work on my SO, I don't even one yet

Cheers Jeff