Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread
oneeyeblind's Avatar oneeyeblind 11:27 PM 01-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

This is interesting, so I look into this bill me later thing on Paypal. There is ALREADY an order pending on paypal of an XS30! The day it was ordered was the same day my wife was asking questions about the PSA website, and made some comments about Paypal. I was curious on why she was asking about PSA and what sub it was. She NEVER asks me about this stuff.
Might have to play this out and see where this goes.

Dose she have a sister? smile.gif Also congrats!

pretsam's Avatar pretsam 12:21 AM 01-04-2013
Quote:

This is interesting, so I look into this bill me later thing on Paypal. There is ALREADY an order pending on paypal of an XS30! The day it was ordered was the same day my wife was asking questions about the PSA website, and made some comments about Paypal. I was curious on why she was asking about PSA and what sub it was. She NEVER asks me about this stuff.
Might have to play this out and see where this goes.

LOL Now that is funny man. Plus the way you found out to.
TimVG's Avatar TimVG 04:36 AM 01-04-2013
Order one yourself now, when both show up claim ignorance.
SmokenAshes's Avatar SmokenAshes 05:35 AM 01-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVG View Post

Order one yourself now, when both show up claim ignorance.

Brilliant! Lol
Shift's Avatar Shift 07:38 AM 01-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

.................frown.gif
.....so sad.

Not really. They look great in person. I am ok with lower cost / for performance and not having them match my furniture.

Thank goodness majoroty of my decor / panels / furniture is black anyways:cool:
Acuramusic42's Avatar Acuramusic42 07:40 AM 01-04-2013
Not surprise by the sellout. I for one brought my XV15 solely on the reputation of Tom from SVS. All I can say is WOW!. Glad I did.

Jimwilson, Jbrown15 and Tom, thanks for your responses to my question regarding auto off time. Seems I had a bad Sub cable.
suresh6877's Avatar suresh6877 08:37 AM 01-04-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

Hi all,
Quick update(good news/ bad news)
Good news----sales are in a word...."healthy". I recently made a post implying "I'm not caught off guard very often in this industry". Scratch that. Demand for our products far exceeded our most optimistic predictions and continues to grow. One of the more common phrases between offices here these days is...."Have you seen the orders today? This is nuts:" So a huge thank you to all customers for this type of support!
Bad news----
1) XV15 are sold out. We are scheduled to begin production on the XV15 again late next week.
2)XS30. Again, color me "caught off guard". We are just about filled up for the entire January production run(which should begin late next week). Once this is filled, we may be looking at mid February before we can schedule another production run.

Things are already in motion to minimize these types of outages in the future and I apologize for an inconveniences they may cause.
Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

This is awesome. This is a win / win situation. Customers like me get to hear good stuff and PSA is here to rock.
Popo9's Avatar Popo9 11:32 AM 01-04-2013
I just ordered a XS15 after couple of phone calls to PSA and reading many threads on this forum. Thanks everyone!
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 11:51 AM 01-04-2013
I just ordered two XS15s, thanks to everyone, especially Tom for all his help and advice!
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 07:44 PM 01-04-2013
Quote:

Hi all,
Quick update(good news/ bad news)
Good news----sales are in a word...."healthy". I recently made a post implying "I'm not caught off guard very often in this industry". Scratch that. Demand for our products far exceeded our most optimistic predictions and continues to grow. One of the more common phrases between offices here these days is...."Have you seen the orders today? This is nuts:" So a huge thank you to all customers for this type of support!
Bad news----
1) XV15 are sold out. We are scheduled to begin production on the XV15 again late next week.
2)XS30. Again, color me "caught off guard". We are just about filled up for the entire January production run(which should begin late next week). Once this is filled, we may be looking at mid February before we can schedule another production run.

Things are already in motion to minimize these types of outages in the future and I apologize for an inconveniences they may cause.
Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

I think perhaps you under estimated your reputation. wink.gif

After my experience with you many years ago at SVS, I can understand everyone's enthusiasm for your new company and products. smile.gif
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 04:13 PM 01-08-2013

Hi All,

1)All XV15s currently ordered should ship Friday the 11th +/- one business day.

2)Second production run of XS30s should begin Friday the 11th +/- one business day.(shipments will begin same day or next business day)

3)New XS30 orders will very likely be bumped to the third production run in February. For all who have ordered in the past 24 hours we have sent emails detailing this delay to anyone affected. If you didn't get an email----you are good for the upcoming production run.

4)XS15s and XV30s are currently shipping normally (usually next business day)

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these delays cause.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mmarki's Avatar mmarki 07:23 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:

Hi All,
1)All XV15s currently ordered should ship Friday the 11th +/- one business day.
2)Second production run of XS30s should begin Friday the 11th +/- one business day.(shipments will begin same day or next business day)
3)New XS30 orders will very likely be bumped to the third production run in February. For all who have ordered in the past 24 hours we have sent emails detailing this delay to anyone affected. If you didn't get an email----you are good for the upcoming production run.
4)XS15s and XV30s are currently shipping normally (usually next business day)
Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these delays cause.
Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Awesome!! I didn't get an email today, so I guess my XS30's will be shipping soon. Great news, I've been looking forward to this for a few weeks. Can't wait, thanks Tom.
SmokenAshes's Avatar SmokenAshes 07:43 PM 01-08-2013
If I didn't get an email and my paypal still says pending. Is that good?
mmarki's Avatar mmarki 08:05 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:

If I didn't get an email and my paypal still says pending. Is that good?

When did you put your order in? From what Tom said, if you didn't get an email today you should be good. Maybe you won't be charged until it ships.
SmokenAshes's Avatar SmokenAshes 08:12 PM 01-08-2013
According to Paypal, says the 2nd of Jan
mmarki's Avatar mmarki 08:46 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:

I would think you're in on the second production. It seems like orders paced yesterday or today are in the third production run, but maybe Tom will chime in to clarify my speculation.
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 08:58 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:

Anyone who ordered on or before the 7th is good. Sorry I was less than clear.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mmarki's Avatar mmarki 09:25 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:

Anyone who ordered on or before the 7th is good. Sorry I was less than clear.
Tom V
Power Sound Audio

All good Tom. I figured it out after a few beers and some wine with dinner. Just waiting for an email saying my subs shipped. Looks like you have a busy couple of days ahead.
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 10:51 PM 01-08-2013
My dual XS15s will be here TOMORROW! Took the day off work so I could be here to greet 'em properly.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. biggrin.gif
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 11:07 PM 01-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post

My dual XS15s will be here TOMORROW! Took the day off work so I could be here to greet 'em properly.
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. biggrin.gif

Bout as good a reason to play hookie as any. You are telling the boss the real reason for taking the day off aren't you? tongue.gif
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 10:00 AM 01-09-2013
Oh yeah...he understands my addiction. cool.gif
Popo9's Avatar Popo9 11:10 AM 01-09-2013
I beat Alan P by a day and tested out the XS15 last night! Must say the output levels are impressive and I like the cabinet finish. But did anyone else notice that the power cord connection on the back is not as tight as you would expect? I can wobble it up and down (with the cord staying fully plugged in).

I am also running into localization/FR issues. I can clearly tell where the LFs are coming from (one ear feels more pressurized than the other) and based on test tones from RealTraps, 50-70Hz frequencies are 10-15dbs louder than the pink noise set at 75db. Clearly I need to spend some time playing around with placement and settings. All that I did last night was run Audyssey XT32.
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 09:12 AM 01-10-2013
Got my dual XS15s setup yesterday, set the levels individually then ran Audyssey with both subs. Watched some scenes from The Dark Knight Rises and War of the Worlds and, as Popo says, the output levels are very impressive - house-shaking. I have the subs in the exact same positions as my previous subs (Velodyne F1500s) and this may not be optimal placement for the XSs, I'm going to try some other spots when time allows. At first, I seemed to be missing the very low end that I had on my Velos. But late last night, I messed around with the crossovers and some other settings in my AVR and it seems like I'm getting better extension now, but I couldn't really crank it up...wife was in bed by then. tongue.gif Maybe they just need to break-in a bit...?

First impression on un-boxing: These things aren't as big nor as heavy as I expected. Compared to my Velos, they are pretty easy to move around the room. I love the finish, and the build quality seems to be great.

After I get them dialed in right, I'll post up my impressions of their performance.

One question regarding the Phase adjustment: I have them in opposing corners behind my seating area. Where should I set the phase on these? I couldn't tell much difference in output while turning the knob, but I didn't have another person to help me out. Currently set at 0 (I think, whatever the default was).
BeeMan458's Avatar BeeMan458 09:34 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:

One question regarding the Phase adjustment: I have them in opposing corners behind my seating area. Where should I set the phase on these? I couldn't tell much difference in output while turning the knob, but I didn't have another person to help me out. Currently set at 0 (I think, whatever the default was).

My understanding, with sound meter in hand, if you have a continuous phase control feature, twiddle the knob to the greatest sound pressure level. In my case, each sub is in an equal but counter knob positions to each other.

The left sub's knob is set to 2 o'clock and the right sub is set to 10 o'clock and this setting gives the best REW frequency sweep graph.

-
JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 09:48 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:

Generally speaking, if the sub is behind you try 180 first. But if you can't really hear a difference then it may not matter for your placement.
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 09:56 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:

My understanding, with sound meter in hand, if you have a continuous phase control feature, twiddle the knob to the greatest sound pressure level. In my case, each sub is in an equal but counter knob positions to each other.

The left sub's knob is set to 2 o'clock and the right sub is set to 10 o'clock and this setting gives the best REW frequency sweep graph.

-

Thanks BeeMan, I'll try that tonight with my SPL meter. Would I just use the AVRs internal test tone, or actual media (movie/music)?
BeeMan458's Avatar BeeMan458 10:05 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:

Thanks BeeMan, I'll try that tonight with my SPL meter. Would I just use the AVRs internal test tone, or actual media (movie/music)?

If you can, download a tone generator and port pure test tones to the AVR via the front RCA inputs, using your computer"s headphone jack to supply the AVR with. If that's not possible, use the AVR's pink noise generator, set the gain so the output is 70dB and then change the phase setting with measurements being taken at the main listening position. On the sound meter use "C" weight and "S" or slow averaging.

It helps if you can sit at the main listening position and have someone move the dial for you so you can see the change at the main listening position in realtime.
cvinfig's Avatar cvinfig 10:33 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:

If you can, download a tone generator and port pure test tones to the AVR via the front RCA inputs, using your computer"s headphone jack to supply the AVR with. If that's not possible, use the AVR's pink noise generator, set the gain so the output is 70dB and then change the phase setting with measurements being taken at the main listening position. On the sound meter use "C" weight and "S" or slow averaging.

It helps if you can sit at the main listening position and have someone move the dial for you so you can see the change at the main listening position in realtime.

Here's a method for determining polarity stolen, er, borrowed, from another Forum thread:

1. Reverse the polarity of the left speaker by swapping its leads.

2. Start playing your pink noise source into the left speaker and sub. You will want to disconnect all other speakers temporarily for this test.

3. With the RS SPL meter fixed at your listening position (and having set it to SLOW speed and C-weighting), note the SPL reading when the phase is 0.

4. Start changing the phase and note the SPL readings.

5. Pick the phase angle that gave the minimum SPL reading.

6. Reverse the speaker leads to their normal positions and reconnect the rest of your speaker system.

Since the needle on the SPL meter usually bounces around a bit while measuring bass frequencies it's often easier to find the minimum SPL using this method instead of trying to find the max SPL.
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 10:36 AM 01-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinfig View Post

Here's a method for determining polarity stolen, er, borrowed, from another Forum thread:

1. Reverse the polarity of the left speaker by swapping its leads.

2. Start playing your pink noise source into the left speaker and sub. You will want to disconnect all other speakers temporarily for this test.

3. With the RS SPL meter fixed at your listening position (and having set it to SLOW speed and C-weighting), note the SPL reading when the phase is 0.

4. Start changing the phase and note the SPL readings.

5. Pick the phase angle that gave the minimum SPL reading.

6. Reverse the speaker leads to their normal positions and reconnect the rest of your speaker system.

Since the needle on the SPL meter usually bounces around a bit while measuring bass frequencies it's often easier to find the minimum SPL using this method instead of trying to find the max SPL.

This would also work well if you don't have a meter. Our hearing is more sensitive to dips than peaks in this context.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
BeeMan458's Avatar BeeMan458 10:37 AM 01-10-2013
Sounds all well and good cvinfig, but what if you're using RCA cables to supply the signal to the subwoofer?
Tags: Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop