Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 412 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 410  411  412 413  414  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread
D Bone's Avatar D Bone 05:56 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Disregard the clutter
The clutter I can disregard, Judge Judy on the other hand, not so much

ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 06:19 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
The clutter I can disregard, Judge Judy on the other hand, not so much
Yeah Bone I hear you, did you notice the missus sitting on the far right, that's her show. She has her own 50" plasma upstairs with DVR and she comes down here to watch Judge Judy
Magibeg's Avatar Magibeg 07:50 PM 06-18-2014
Talked to Tom last night about getting an XV15se and finally sealed the deal with him late this morning. Coming from a PL-200 I'm pretty excited to see what kind of performance one of these subs will give me. If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
climber07's Avatar climber07 08:52 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
Talked to Tom last night about getting an XV15se and finally sealed the deal with him late this morning. Coming from a PL-200 I'm pretty excited to see what kind of performance one of these subs will give me. If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
You're in for a treat...
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 08:55 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
PSA provided me with cheap little foam tabs to put under the hard rubber feet for my XV15's as I am on hardwood. I have not noticed my subs moving, but they are definitely not inert like the dual opposed XS30....you can't even tell those things are playing when you touch them.....at least by feeling the cab.
The XV15 is built just as well as the XS30. The difference is the XS30 is dual opposed which cancels out cabinet vibrations.
bear123's Avatar bear123 09:05 PM 06-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post


The XV15 is built just as well as the XS30. The difference is the XS30 is dual opposed which cancels out cabinet vibrations.
Correct the difference is due to driver configuration, not in the quality of the enclosure.
oshia86's Avatar oshia86 05:13 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
Talked to Tom last night about getting an XV15se and finally sealed the deal with him late this morning. Coming from a PL-200 I'm pretty excited to see what kind of performance one of these subs will give me. If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
Please post up your results. I'm looking at the exact same swap, just waiting for the money to catch up. From everything I've read here, you're in for a treat!
Magibeg's Avatar Magibeg 05:18 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshia86 View Post
Please post up your results. I'm looking at the exact same swap, just waiting for the money to catch up. From everything I've read here, you're in for a treat!
I certainly hope so!
JT78681's Avatar JT78681 06:48 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
You will if you're a frequent visitor on this forum. These guys are bad influences.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 07:18 AM 06-19-2014
No way not us.
JT78681's Avatar JT78681 07:42 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
No way not us.
How many subs do you have again?
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 07:46 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
How many subs do you have again?
I take it you did not see the angel emoticon at the end of my post.
Beefwahl's Avatar Beefwahl 07:48 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
Talked to Tom last night about getting an XV15se and finally sealed the deal with him late this morning. Coming from a PL-200 I'm pretty excited to see what kind of performance one of these subs will give me. If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
I went from a PL-200 to a XS-30. Loved it so much that I got another XS-30. The sheer power will astound you! Tight, clean and crisp bass that waits until it is called upon. You'll love it.
JT78681's Avatar JT78681 07:56 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I take it you did not see the angel emoticon at the end of my post.
But of course!
Alan P's Avatar Alan P 08:50 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
The first is a photo from behind the MLP, the others were taken from the front of the MLP and those are my rear placement options. I was thinking of stacking two of them against the back wall where that Rack is sitting, that would place them about the same distance of my front two to the MLP, or I could put them to the far R&L where the dehumidifier is on the right and the night stand on the left with the ports firing towards the rear wall about 7' from it and about7-8 feet to the MLP. Other option, move the big chair on the left and place them on either side of that putting them about 4-5' from rear wall. What do you guys think, I'm really leaning towards stacking them against back wall, this way they will be almost the same distance with the front two to the MLP. I would really appreciate all input, thanks Guys.
Cheers Jeff
Why don't you do what I do? Try every single possible combination of placement options, interspersed with a plethora of REW measurements/listening sessions until you find the PERFECT combination!

Then....a few months later decide that you could maybe eek out just a bit more performance, and do it all AGAIN!



WARNING: 1 month after getting my first 2 PSA subs, I went in for hernia surgery. Carpet sliders are your best friends....just sayin'.
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 08:54 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
Talked to Tom last night about getting an XV15se and finally sealed the deal with him late this morning. Coming from a PL-200 I'm pretty excited to see what kind of performance one of these subs will give me. If it turns out as well as I hope, I may end up buying another one next year!
The XV15se will be a bit of an upgrade.

From 16-100hz, about 4x the headroom.

From 16-25hz, about 9x the headroom.

Most importantly I believe you'll find the overall sound quality to be improved along the same scale.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Magibeg's Avatar Magibeg 09:12 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
The XV15se will be a bit of an upgrade.

From 16-100hz, about 4x the headroom.

From 16-25hz, about 9x the headroom.

Most importantly I believe you'll find the overall sound quality to be improved along the same scale.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Now for the hardest part... the waiting game...

Thank you for all your help Tom!
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 09:16 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post


The XV15 is built just as well as the XS30. The difference is the XS30 is dual opposed which cancels out cabinet vibrations.
Both are 1" thick high quality MDF with internal bracing that connects at/near the mid panel point on the large baffles. Take a look inside our products and you may notice a *slight* difference in the overall build quality versus the massed-produced-in-china competition.

Tom V.
Power Sound
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 09:23 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
Now for the hardest part... the waiting game...

Thank you for all your help Tom!
That reminds me. I believe I have contacted (email, phone, chat) everyone who has ordered recently but we are in a slight back order situation again. We air shipped in amps a couple weeks ago but not quite enough. Orders have been higher than anticipated---not that we're complaining! Anyway, we have a large quantity of amplifiers arriving in the next 2-3 business days(last I checked they were in Chicago yesterday on the way to Cleveland, then to us).

So a new order in the next 1-2 days probably won't ship until Monday or Tuesday next week. Just a heads up.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Magibeg's Avatar Magibeg 09:32 AM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That reminds me. I believe I have contacted (email, phone, chat) everyone who has ordered recently but we are in a slight back order situation again. We air shipped in amps a couple weeks ago but not quite enough. Orders have been higher than anticipated---not that we're complaining! Anyway, we have a large quantity of amplifiers arriving in the next 2-3 business days(last I checked they were in Chicago yesterday on the way to Cleveland, then to us).

So a new order in the next 1-2 days probably won't ship until Monday or Tuesday next week. Just a heads up.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Not a problem, thanks for your honesty
ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 01:47 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That reminds me. I believe I have contacted (email, phone, chat) everyone who has ordered recently but we are in a slight back order situation again. We air shipped in amps a couple weeks ago but not quite enough. Orders have been higher than anticipated---not that we're complaining! Anyway, we have a large quantity of amplifiers arriving in the next 2-3 business days(last I checked they were in Chicago yesterday on the way to Cleveland, then to us).

So a new order in the next 1-2 days probably won't ship until Monday or Tuesday next week. Just a heads up.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Thanks Tom for shipping my fourth XV15SE today and burning in the amp for a couple of days prior to shipping, that's CS and KUDOS to Jim Farina as well.
Off topic, I don't see the XV15SE walking on a bare floor with the rubber at the bottom of the feet, do you still reco using the small pads under the feet on bare floors?
Best, Jeffrey Nordi
ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 01:51 PM 06-19-2014
Hey Bear do those pads really help on bare floors, I know my other three on carpet have ornaments on them and they don't even rattle at all.
Cheers Jeff
JT78681's Avatar JT78681 02:00 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Thanks Tom for shipping my fourth XV15SE today and burning in the amp for a couple of days prior to shipping, that's CS and KUDOS to Jim Farina as well.
Off topic, I don't see the XV15SE walking on a bare floor with the rubber at the bottom of the feet, do you still reco using the small pads under the feet on bare floors?
Best, Jeffrey Nordi
Quads? Nice!
bear123's Avatar bear123 02:24 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Hey Bear do those pads really help on bare floors, I know my other three on carpet have ornaments on them and they don't even rattle at all.
Cheers Jeff
Well I have never used the XV15's without them so I can't compare, but I don't have any problem with the subs dancing around. Jim said this can sometimes happen at very high output levels on hardwood. I am sure no PSA owners ever turn their subs up very loud though so.........
RockDawg's Avatar RockDawg 05:03 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
oh, come on man! whyyougottabelikethat?? lol

here's the cliff notes ---------> xv15se > xv15
Then allow me to ask the unanswerable question - If an average Joe were to upgrade a XV15 to an XV15SE, would there be a noticeable difference? I don't mean something that takes a trained ear or test equipment to discern. I realize that everyone is different especially in regards to hearing (hence why I say "unanswerable"), but on average should there be a noticeable difference in bass?
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 05:14 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDawg View Post
Then allow me to ask the unanswerable question - If an average Joe were to upgrade a XV15 to an XV15SE, would there be a noticeable difference? I don't mean something that takes a trained ear or test equipment to discern. I realize that everyone is different especially in regards to hearing (hence why I say "unanswerable"), but on average should there be a noticeable difference in bass?
My wife could hear the difference and she does not care about HT at all.
RockDawg's Avatar RockDawg 05:22 PM 06-19-2014
Good to know. Thanks!

I switched from a Dayton 10" from Parts Express to my XV15 and the difference was best described as "Holy Shi... I mean Crap!" And that's in a ~1400 sq. ft. living space with cathedral ceilings and a very open floor plan. By all accounts that's no where near enough sub for my space, but to me it rocks! I was just wondering if it would really be worth it to pay for the upgrade. I know it won't be anywhere near the difference I experienced upgrading from the Dayton 10", but I'd hate to drop the cash and not notice anything.
Kini62's Avatar Kini62 06:13 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDawg View Post
Good to know. Thanks!

I switched from a Dayton 10" from Parts Express to my XV15 and the difference was best described as "Holy Shi... I mean Crap!" And that's in a ~1400 sq. ft. living space with cathedral ceilings and a very open floor plan. By all accounts that's no where near enough sub for my space, but to me it rocks! I was just wondering if it would really be worth it to pay for the upgrade. I know it won't be anywhere near the difference I experienced upgrading from the Dayton 10", but I'd hate to drop the cash and not notice anything.
IMO you'd be much better off getting another XV.
hmunster2's Avatar hmunster2 06:13 PM 06-19-2014
Ok, I have an xv15 and it occurred to me, if I plugged the port of the sub would I gain or lose anything? Would the sub respond more like a sealed sub? Just a crazy thought that crossed my mind. Maybe Tom can weigh in on this.
Thanks
RockDawg's Avatar RockDawg 06:21 PM 06-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
IMO you'd be much better off getting another XV.

That's definitely in my future plans. I'm also in the middle of planning a dedicated theater in my basement so ultimately the room won't be nearly as large. When posing my question I was thinking in the very near future.
Tags: Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
First ... 410  411  412 413  414  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop