Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 423 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #12661 of 15848 Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 1,941
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
So far... so good...I listened to some tunes, one in particular came through in spades with the newer driver was "Shabada" by Mike Oldfield. I used this song when I had both subs and it sounded distinctly better with the SB13U at the time...today was like deja vu moment as my eyes were closed... the force and impact of that deep note startled me...lol. The SE unit handled it beautifully and with precision...in all honesty it resembled the ultra IIRC...it was really sweet and something I was hoping to accomplish with the switch.
Bill, this is wonderful news indeed! Thank you very much for posting this. We both played that Oldfield cut and we both had the same subs (XS30 and SB13-Ultra) for a comparison. What's even more interesting is that we both came to the same conclusion immediately, and that was that the XS30 just couldn't reproduce those low notes properly, while the Ultra pounded those notes precisely. Now that the XS30se can reproduce those notes equal to the Ultra, I may have to reconsider my position about upgrading to the "se" version (even though it will only be used for movies). Thanks again!

BTW, the ULS-15 couldn't reproduce those notes either, so it must be a difficult piece of music for many subs.

Last edited by dsrussell; 07-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.
dsrussell is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12662 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Nice. I cannot wait. I am going to have 4 of those puppies in my new mains in a few weeks
4 of what in your mains? I must have missed something here?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12663 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Ah, did not realize they were a two piece design.

Here is a shot,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nylon1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	149922

We have the nylon stand offs custom machined for us from a company in Texas I believe.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
cableguy301 likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12664 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman1 View Post
Pulled the trigger on the XS15 upgrade! The wait for the Box begins. Any tips on taking driver out or is it straight forward?
It is pretty basic. Just be careful when installing the new driver. One slip of the screw driver and you might poke a hole through the surround. If that happens it isn't the end of the world though. Just smear a little silicon on the hole and let it set up for an hour or two and the repair will likely last for a decade..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12665 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,548
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
4 of what in your mains? I must have missed something here?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Reef is getting 2 JTR 215RT's. Each one has 2 - 15 inch eminence drivers. They are tuned to 18hz I believe.
raynist is online now  
post #12666 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Reef is getting 2 JTR 215RT's. Each one has 2 - 15 inch eminence drivers. They are tuned to 18hz I believe.

Oh okay, I was thinking you were upgrading 2 XS30s or something like that. I've seen those towers, monsters. Makes me wish we had the capabilities to get our speaker ideas into production as quickly as those guys..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12667 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Bill, this is wonderful news indeed! Thank you very much for posting this. We both played that Oldfield cut and we both had the same subs (XS30 and SB13-Ultra) for a comparison. What's even more interesting is that we both came to the same conclusion immediately, and that was that the XS30 just couldn't reproduce those low notes properly, while the Ultra pounded those notes precisely. Now that the XS30se can reproduce those notes equal to the Ultra, I may have to reconsider my position about upgrading to the "se" version (even though it will only be used for movies). Thanks again!

BTW, the ULS-15 couldn't reproduce those notes either, so it must be a difficult piece of music for many subs.
Is this the CD you guys are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Spheres-...of+the+spheres

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12668 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 1,941
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 551
^^ Yep, that's the one.
dsrussell is online now  
post #12669 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Oh okay, I was thinking you were upgrading 2 XS30s or something like that. I've seen those towers, monsters. Makes me wish we had the capabilities to get our speaker ideas into production as quickly as those guys..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Any ETA on a PSA speaker line?
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #12670 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Member
 
labman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
It is pretty basic. Just be careful when installing the new driver. One slip of the screw driver and you might poke a hole through the surround. If that happens it isn't the end of the world though. Just smear a little silicon on the hole and let it set up for an hour or two and the repair will likely last for a decade..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I'm pretty sure it is easy but I have been known to F up a wet dream.
Billy p likes this.
labman1 is offline  
post #12671 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,548
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman1 View Post
I'm pretty sure it is easy but I have been known to F up a wet dream.

D Bone likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #12672 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Where is shadyj?

Hope he is ok that his dreams are crushed lol
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #12673 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,548
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Where is shadyj?

Hope he is ok that his dreams are crushed lol
Oh, he is still around and still up to his usual tactics in another thread.
raynist is online now  
post #12674 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman1 View Post
I'm pretty sure it is easy but I have been known to F up a wet dream.
Jim and I have punctured our share of surrounds. Of course we've probably removed/installed a few thousand drivers along the way...but still. How do you think we learned about the silicon trick?..

To reduce the chance of an accident to near zero use a hand(manual) screw driver and don't feel like you need to over tighten anything. A good "snug" is usually enough. If there is any air leaking you will notice it immediately and you can tighten things up if needed.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12675 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
usual tactics in another thread.
Yeah, I made the mistake of taking the bait. And of course the old sidekick shows up five seconds later with his typical "here's my chance to kick him when he's down" diatribes. Pure class. How do you put someone on ignore here now?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12676 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Any ETA on a PSA speaker line?

You know it goes in such fits and spurts it is difficult to set any type of firm date. We could have had the 95% solution done last year but this si something we want to be as close to 100% as possible. Recently the whole switch over to the new SE drivers took our complete attention for months. If nothing else pops up demanding immediate attention I can't imagine us not being finished with all custom components on order by the end of this month. OF course I probably said the same about last month too.

I can tell you I'm putting in as many hours as possible to "fast track" things where ever needed. I really can't wait until we're shipping as I believe the speaker design will be as popular as our subwoofers before long.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12677 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,549
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Yeah, I made the mistake of taking the bait. And of course the old sidekick shows up five seconds later with his typical "here's my chance to kick him when he's down" diatribes. Pure class. How do you put someone on ignore here now?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Click on the user name, public profile, user lists, add to ignore. It works wonders.

On a side note I think that issue is finally taken care of.


Labman, if you take the time to go back 30 pages lol I posted some pics of swapping drivers. Use your thumb and side of hand as a protector covering the surround when installing the screws. You will never puncture the surround that way, just your hand.
labman1 and Billy p like this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12678 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Member
 
Magibeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
You know it goes in such fits and spurts it is difficult to set any type of firm date. We could have had the 95% solution done last year but this si something we want to be as close to 100% as possible. Recently the whole switch over to the new SE drivers took our complete attention for months. If nothing else pops up demanding immediate attention I can't imagine us not being finished with all custom components on order by the end of this month. OF course I probably said the same about last month too.

I can tell you I'm putting in as many hours as possible to "fast track" things where ever needed. I really can't wait until we're shipping as I believe the speaker design will be as popular as our subwoofers before long.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I don't suppose you can let slip any information of what you're planning for your speaker line?
Magibeg is online now  
post #12679 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,294
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Oh okay, I was thinking you were upgrading 2 XS30s or something like that. I've seen those towers, monsters. Makes me wish we had the capabilities to get our speaker ideas into production as quickly as those guys..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Sorry Tom, I was just being goofy. The new SE drivers look very much like the drivers in the 215's. I actually cannot wait to see your speakers. I promised the wife that this would be my last pair of mains, but I have said that eveytime I upgraded, so I figure I will be ready in a year or so.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #12680 of 15848 Old 07-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
jarretc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Testing, seems I lost my email notifications in this thread when they switched over. Hoping this re-activates them

Denon X4000
Power Sound Audio (MT-110 / MTM-210C / MT-110)
Oppo BDP-103
Dual Power Sound Audio Triaxes
Sony KDL60W630B
jarretc is offline  
post #12681 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Have any of you guys tried stacking your multiples of the xv15? Just wondering if the downfiring orientation would cause damage to the bottom one?

Also, you gain roughly 6db stacking right? So a stack of two xv15's would be roughly 3 db more than one xv30, which is twice as powerful for only $200 more than a single xv30.
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #12682 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,796
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Have any of you guys tried stacking your multiples of the xv15? Just wondering if the downfiring orientation would cause damage to the bottom one?

Also, you gain roughly 6db stacking right? So a stack of two xv15's would be roughly 3 db more than one xv30, which is twice as powerful for only $200 more than a single xv30.
Both of my XV15se subs are stacked in the corner. Yes they have a 6dB gain in SPL stacked (over one XV15se) They won't damage each other in this config.

lizrussspike likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #12683 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magibeg View Post
I don't suppose you can let slip any information of what you're planning for your speaker line?
I've posted much of it before so its not really a secret. Larger bookshelf style, dual 10" woofers, Compression tweeter. Extension down to about 65hz, high efficiency. Fairly easy load for amplifiers. These will be able to play loudly and cleanly without needing much amp power. Nothing magical. Just good quality components in a solid design at a fair price.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza and xFreshEntrailsX like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12684 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Have any of you guys tried stacking your multiples of the xv15? Just wondering if the downfiring orientation would cause damage to the bottom one?

Also, you gain roughly 6db stacking right? So a stack of two xv15's would be roughly 3 db more than one xv30, which is twice as powerful for only $200 more than a single xv30.

1) Right, stacking will tend to gain you 6dB across the entire operating bandwidth

2) Yeah, about 3dB more than a single XV30Fse

3) I wouldn't say 3dB is "twice" as powerful. In this context most consider 6dB to be "twice" or "double" the output. For example, in point #1 , you "double/twice" the XV15se quantity and it leads to a 6dB increase.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12685 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Sorry Tom, I was just being goofy. The new SE drivers look very much like the drivers in the 215's. I actually cannot wait to see your speakers. I promised the wife that this would be my last pair of mains, but I have said that eveytime I upgraded, so I figure I will be ready in a year or so.
I doubt you would consider our speakers an upgrade over these. Of course you would looking at a complete 7.0 package from us for the price of one tower(They are like $5500 delivered each right?)....more or less..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12686 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
lizrussspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Both of my XV15se subs are stacked in the corner. Yes they have a 6dB gain in SPL stacked (over one XV15se) They won't damage each other in this config.

Climber, those look sweet with that Polk right next to it. I may try that when I get me next XV15se, and I finally got to watch I frankenstein the other day. I think I may try Robocop or 3 Days to Kill. I am just loving the XV15se!!!It is like christmas every day. Thank Climber and Tom, as well as other in this thread for leading me in the right direction....

Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA5
PS3
PSA XV15se
Sony BDP-370
Toshiba HD-A2
Polk Monitor 70's,Polk CS20,Polk R50's,Polk F/XiA4's,Polk OWM3's
Polk PSW 505's
Sharp 60 LED 640U
Optoma HD25-LV
Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console
lizrussspike is offline  
post #12687 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I've posted much of it before so its not really a secret. Larger bookshelf style, dual 10" woofers, Compression tweeter. Extension down to about 65hz, high efficiency. Fairly easy load for amplifiers. These will be able to play loudly and cleanly without needing much amp power. Nothing magical. Just good quality components in a solid design at a fair price.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
These will be of great interest!!!!

Current Gear: PJ – BenQ PE7700; Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR805; Blu Ray - OppoBDP 103; Turntable - Dual CS-515 w/ Ortofon Super OM10; Amplifiers - OdysseyKhartago, Adcom GFA555, QSC RMX 1850HD; PEQ - Behringer FBD2496 [Near FieldSub], miniDSP 2×4 [Flanking Subs], REW; Speakers - 4 Pi (w/B&C DE250/JBL2226H) × 3 [LCR], Yamaha Crap × 2 [surrounds], Exodus Audio Maelstrom-X18" sealed sub [near field sub], LAB-12 based ported sub tuned to 22 Hz x2 [flanking subs, XO set at 40 Hz]
NWCgrad is online now  
post #12688 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoJer (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,294
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I doubt you would consider our speakers an upgrade over these. Of course you would looking at a complete 7.0 package from us for the price of one tower(They are like $5500 delivered each right?)....more or less..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
7K for the pair. Honestly I don't think I am going to be budging from these for a long time. They probably were not nessacary, but some of the guys that have my same taste are telling me they are a big step up from my current 212's, more so with music.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 07-07-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #12689 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,853
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I doubt you would consider our speakers an upgrade over these. Of course you would looking at a complete 7.0 package from us for the price of one tower(They are like $5500 delivered each right?)....more or less..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
7K for the pair.
I see what you did there
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #12690 of 15848 Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,549
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
7K for the pair. Honestly I don't think I am going to be budging from these for a long time. They probably were not nessacary, but some of the guys that have my same taste are telling me they are a big step up from my current 212's, more so with music.
While I do believe those 215RT would be a major step up for music in a 2.0 stereo setup, I do not see the point jumping up from 212's when you have a pair of Triax's that I am sure handle everything from 120hz down beautifully. I do frequent the JTR thread a lot even tho I do not post much there and what I see frequently is the "gotta keep up with the jones" syndrome. That being said I do think those 215 RT's are amazing judging by the specs and reviews

Last edited by basshead81; 07-07-2014 at 12:17 PM.
basshead81 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off