Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 424 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12691 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Both of my XV15se subs are stacked in the corner. Yes they have a 6dB gain in SPL stacked (over one XV15se) They won't damage each other in this config.


Climber, did you do anything other than stack one XV15SE on top of the other? As I now plan on stacking duals in each L&R front corners of my room, anything I should know before doing this as far as anything under the top sub, I didn't like my stacked front firing option in the rear of my room, so I would like to stack all four in the two front corners, two in each corner of course. With the rubber feet I don't see any problem with the top sub walking, thanks for your input.
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
ahblaza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12692 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Should the XS30se provide much room shake in a 2000 cu ft room? It sounds amazing during music, but I can barely get a rumble in the couch for movies. Setup is in a basement, carpet over concrete foundation.

Honestly, from looking at the sub, I can barely tell they are moving.
sarlindescent is offline  
post #12693 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Climber, did you do anything other than stack one XV15SE on top of the other? As I now plan on stacking duals in each L&R front corners of my room, anything I should know before doing this as far as anything under the top sub, I didn't like my stacked front firing option in the rear of my room, so I would like to stack all four in the two front corners, two in each corner of course. With the rubber feet I don't see any problem with the top sub walking, thanks for your input.
Cheers Jeff
Nope. Just picked it up and set it on top. Works perfect!
ahblaza likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is offline  
post #12694 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlindescent View Post
Should the XS30se provide much room shake in a 2000 cu ft room? It sounds amazing during music, but I can barely get a rumble in the couch for movies. Setup is in a basement, carpet over concrete foundation.

Honestly, from looking at the sub, I can barely tell they are moving.
I recommend you give Tom a call and the two of you can walk through your setup. He will need to know your room size (sending him a pic of the room and sub placement before calling him works best), your AVR model and settings, as well as your subwoofer amp settings. Tom is good at walking folks through troubleshooting and setup tweaking.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is offline  
post #12695 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
sarlindescent: Yes it should. I have an XS30 in a rather open 3,400 cu. ft. room and it slams the walls, vibrates the floors (laminate over concrete slab), my chair and myself. Matter-of-fact it often takes some of my metal art on the wall and moves them out of kilter, so the XS30se should even be better. I'd say you may be in a partial null area. Did you do a subwoofer crawl test to locate your sub in the ideal position for your listening area? I'd also check with some of the people here on how Audyssey has setup your system, because something seems very wrong.
dsrussell is online now  
post #12696 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
sarlindescent: Yes it should. I have an XS30 in a rather open 3,400 cu. ft. room and it slams the walls, vibrates the floors (laminate over concrete slab), my chair and myself. Matter-of-fact it often takes some of my metal art on the wall and moves them out of kilter, so the XS30se should even be better. I'd say you may be in a partial null area. Did you do a subwoofer crawl test to locate your sub in the ideal position for your listening area? I'd also check with some of the people here on how Audyssey has setup your system, because something seems very wrong.
+1
basshead81 is offline  
post #12697 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
sarlindescent: Yes it should. I have an XS30 in a rather open 3,400 cu. ft. room and it slams the walls, vibrates the floors (laminate over concrete slab), my chair and myself. Matter-of-fact it often takes some of my metal art on the wall and moves them out of kilter, so the XS30se should even be better. I'd say you may be in a partial null area. Did you do a subwoofer crawl test to locate your sub in the ideal position for your listening area? I'd also check with some of the people here on how Audyssey has setup your system, because something seems very wrong.
The OP said it sounds amazing with music so it's unlikely that there is anything significantly wrong with the placement. Most likely an AVR issue IMO.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #12698 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
sarlindescent: Yes it should. I have an XS30 in a rather open 3,400 cu. ft. room and it slams the walls, vibrates the floors (laminate over concrete slab), my chair and myself. Matter-of-fact it often takes some of my metal art on the wall and moves them out of kilter, so the XS30se should even be better. I'd say you may be in a partial null area. Did you do a subwoofer crawl test to locate your sub in the ideal position for your listening area? I'd also check with some of the people here on how Audyssey has setup your system, because something seems very wrong.

Thanks, thought it should but wasn't 100% sure.
sarlindescent is offline  
post #12699 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
The OP said it sounds amazing with music so it's unlikely that there is anything significantly wrong with the placement. Most likely an AVR issue IMO.
Hi Kini. I think you're right on the mark. I agree that it may be how Audyssey set up the bass management. We hear of these complaints often. However, since the bass frequencies incorporate a fairly large range (say 16 Hz to 60 Hz or so depending upon the crossover), the O.P. may not be taking full advantage of the frequencies that can be felt in the location he has placed the subwoofer (longer wave lengths react differently in his room). He may be happy with music, which may not reach much below 35 or 40 Hz with most instruments, but isn't impressed with the LFE from movies. A quick test with REW (if he has it) should let him know what's happening at the listening position, and should be done before addressing Audyssey.
dsrussell is online now  
post #12700 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlindescent View Post
Should the XS30se provide much room shake in a 2000 cu ft room? It sounds amazing during music, but I can barely get a rumble in the couch for movies. Setup is in a basement, carpet over concrete foundation.

Honestly, from looking at the sub, I can barely tell they are moving.
1)Which receiver and speakers are you using in the system?

2)Please be sure that all speakers are set to small with the crossover at 80hz for now

3)Where is the gain on the sub? We have found that gain settings in the 1 O:clock to 2 O:clock position seem to work best.

4)have you calibrated the system? Either with an auto setup routine like Audyssey or manually with a SPL meter?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12701 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Basement can be a demanding room for HT. They can be very dead, trap bass in the drop ceiling and kill the mids and Hi's if heavily carpeted. They may have less tactile response due to the solid floors and walls. Basements sometimes require some extra omph, an additional sub or two.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
derrickdj1 is offline  
post #12702 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Well this has officially gotten painful. Replacement amp is in my very own city, but FedEx is holding it hostage until it's scheduled delivery day, even though I was physically at the facility to pick it up.... Oh the humanity!!!
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
post #12703 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Member
 
labman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Where is shadyj?

Hope he is ok that his dreams are crushed lol
How could my dreams be crushed with the new XS15se driver and next month one more!
labman1 is offline  
post #12704 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,717
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Wow, now the XS15se looks like its really good value compared to the SB13-U. Very comparable numbers for a lot less scratch!


http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...r/measurements
Billy p and basshead81 like this.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #12705 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 326
^^ No doubt that the XS15se is a terrific value. Heck, it's half the price! Still, I do love my beautiful little Ultra .
dsrussell is online now  
post #12706 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wow, now the XS15se looks like its really good value compared to the SB13-U. Very comparable numbers for a lot less scratch!


http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...r/measurements
I am suprised that the XS15se actually has a little better compression characteristics compared to the SB13.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12707 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,717
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I am suprised that the XS15se actually has a little better compression characteristics compared to the SB13.

You gotta love that new driver!
A little more THD compared to the SB13-U but at the same time more output from 25hz down to 12.5hz.


Now I really wanna see the XS30se get tested by Josh!
jbrown15 is online now  
post #12708 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Markham,Ont
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I am suprised that the XS15se actually has a little better compression characteristics compared to the SB13.

I noticed that right off the bat after switching over to the SE. Now granted some of this is based solely on auditory memory since I no longer have the SB13u but the bass with the SE unit exhibits much better composure over its predecessor...based on what I'm now hearing with my XS30 SE...I see no reason why a single XS15 SE won't offer a terrific value vs. a single SB13U and for the price of a single you buy 2 XS15's....no brainer...IMHO.
dsrussell and basshead81 like this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry
Billy p is offline  
post #12709 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
You gotta love that new driver!
A little more THD compared to the SB13-U but at the same time more output from 25hz down to 12.5hz.


Now I really wanna see the XS30se get tested by Josh!
I fell ya. I'd also love to see Josh test the new XV15se. I'd love to see the differences between the two XV15s.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is offline  
post #12710 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I fell ya. I'd also love to see Josh test the new XV15se. I'd love to see the differences between the two XV15s.
Ricci will be testing the XS30se and XV15se next along with the Triax by years end.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12711 of 13844 Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,717
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 868
I think its absolutely awesome that PSA will have ALL of their subs tested by Josh, that way NO ONE can accuse them of finding behind anything and not wanting their other subs tested. I think he speaks volumes about Tom & Jim even though it doesn't even need to be said!
Billy p, basshead81 and cjrubes like this.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #12712 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Member
 
epepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question about the placement of the XS30se:
What restrictions on placement are there from the dual opposed drivers? e.g. oriented parallel/perpendicular/diagonal to wall, needs x feet of clearance on each end, point on at listeners other at wall, etc. Or none at all? What are users' preferred placements?
I'm loving that this sub has great reviews, awesome price, and is made in USA, but placement seems a challenge.
epepin is offline  
post #12713 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by epepin View Post
Question about the placement of the XS30se:
What restrictions on placement are there from the dual opposed drivers? e.g. oriented parallel/perpendicular/diagonal to wall, needs x feet of clearance on each end, point on at listeners other at wall, etc. Or none at all? What are users' preferred placements?
I'm loving that this sub has great reviews, awesome price, and is made in USA, but placement seems a challenge.

There's really no restriction except we recommend a minimum of 1.0 to 1.25 inch of clearance between each grill and anything that may obstruct the output of the sub(wall, furniture, etc). As far as user preference that is often dictated by placement limitations and specific room interactions. And thank you for commenting on the Made in USA aspect of our products. That is something very important to us here at Power Sound Audio and comments like yours never get old..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Mike Butny and epepin like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12714 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I am suprised that the XS15se actually has a little better compression characteristics compared to the SB13.
For anyone comparing the data be sure to note the Y axis is scaled different. Ours has 2dB spacing, the sb13u has 1dB spacing. So while ours looks significantly better, when the scaling is considered it is only a "little" better. We have about 30%(?) more clean output <30hz too which is never a bad thing...especially when the enclosures are about the same size as well.

I've been trying to tell folks not to under estimate the XS15se because it is only $799...no one ever listens..

Click image for larger version

Name:	USA1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	153129



Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Holiday, ahblaza, tboe77 and 1 others like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12715 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
Basement can be a demanding room for HT. They can be very dead, trap bass in the drop ceiling and kill the mids and Hi's if heavily carpeted. They may have less tactile response due to the solid floors and walls. Basements sometimes require some extra omph, an additional sub or two.
That is true. One of the biggest issues is lack of tactile feedback from the floor vibrations. I think we made some progress with the issues here through a long CHAT session last night. Hopefully we're on the right track and he can update us here soon.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12716 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
For anyone comparing the data be sure to note the Y axis is scaled different. Ours has 2dB spacing, the sb13u has 1dB spacing. So while ours looks significantly better, when the scaling is considered it is only a "little" better. We have about 30%(?) more clean output <30hz too which is never a bad thing...especially when the enclosures are about the same size as well.

I've been trying to tell folks not to under estimate the XS15se because it is only $799...no one ever listens..

Attachment 153129



Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
You know, for all the negative posts by certain people in other threads about Tom's "Shady" (pun intended? who knows) and "misleading" tactics.....how many other sales people would be willing to point out that the graphs are scaled differently, and that there isn't as much of an advantage? I would be willing to bet not very many. This just goes to show once again that Tom is trying to be transparent and making an effort to help people make a decision that is right for them. Much like when you ask him about a Triax and he tells you that an XV15 would be more than enough for your setup. Kudo's to you Tom.
digler84 is offline  
post #12717 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
1)Which receiver and speakers are you using in the system?

2)Please be sure that all speakers are set to small with the crossover at 80hz for now

3)Where is the gain on the sub? We have found that gain settings in the 1 O:clock to 2 O:clock position seem to work best.

4)have you calibrated the system? Either with an auto setup routine like Audyssey or manually with a SPL meter?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio


Hi Tom .. working on my set up have a really sore back .. so much to do .. my rack is almost 500lbs of amps.. setting the analog pre amp Xover
for the 2.2 is a slow process hard on the back lol.. the subs sound very clean tho.. working on it.. but seems a tad short on bass.. im up to
2.30 oclock on the sub gain .. rca to lfe.. max xover on sub.. phase im having trouble hearing a difference when I try to change..
main s high pass sub is low pass.. etc..


wanted to ask for a link or steps for manually setting up with spl meter?


subs and boxes where in excellent shape thanks for quick delivery ...


cheers
cableguy301 is offline  
post #12718 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That is true. One of the biggest issues is lack of tactile feedback from the floor vibrations. I think we made some progress with the issues here through a long CHAT session last night. Hopefully we're on the right track and he can update us here soon.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Yeah, appreciate the help Tom.
sarlindescent is offline  
post #12719 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Markham,Ont
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
You know, for all the negative posts by certain people in other threads about Tom's "Shady" (pun intended? who knows) and "misleading" tactics.....how many other sales people would be willing to point out that the graphs are scaled differently, and that there isn't as much of an advantage? I would be willing to bet not very many. This just goes to show once again that Tom is trying to be transparent and making an effort to help people make a decision that is right for them. Much like when you ask him about a Triax and he tells you that an XV15 would be more than enough for your setup. Kudo's to you Tom.
I am more inclined to be less perturbed in dealing with ShadyJ comments. I know he has very limited or any empirical data on his own regarding testing or measuring drivers/subs.

I did find Basso's comments more unsettling . His chomping at the bit to get his digs in at TV whenever...he can. I personally don't give a rats a$$ what he has brought to the table in all his years of service here as a member....there are plenty of others here with as much knowledge or expertise and more tact that don't stoop to his level and bring up saved dialogue/conversation from 2,3,5 or 10 + years ago....

I like this forum but its not my personal favorite hang-out but I don't make it a habit in getting banned just because somebody is acting on the same level as a grade school kid.

As for Tom & Jim....they're nothing but up front and class gents. I wish, I could of had more time on my visit there to meet TV...but like he explained to me with a email exchange... he had to stop by his Dad's with some groceries and I just missed him by 10 mins or so ...I do plan on making another trip back one day...
Mike Butny, jbrown15 and dsrussell like this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry

Last edited by Billy p; 07-08-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Billy p is offline  
post #12720 of 13844 Old 07-08-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Ricci will be testing the XS30se and XV15se next along with the Triax by years end.
Yeah, we'll likely have all three of these off to Josh before the end of the year. Well, before Winter sets in so Josh can measure without having to shovel snow. We have a XS30 review coming up soon and another 2-3 subs shipping out for other reviews in the next 2-4 weeks.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off