Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 425 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20163Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12721 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Never!

If you ever get satisfied with the bass (I am after 4 Triax's) you find other things to upgrade like speakers, and avr's then to pre-pro's and amps better projector, acoustically transparent screens, room treatments......

I hear you Ray, I'm upgrading speakers and a new AVR in the very near future, it truly never ends until you do
ahblaza is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12722 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 03:47 PM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I hear you Ray, I'm upgrading speakers and a new AVR in the very near future, it truly never ends until you do
just wondering how big is your room?


If your looking for a new avr check out the xmc 1... reviews will be coming in a few weeks... dirac live room correction will be awesome for subs...


cheers..


just came across this info thought I would add...


I've been given the go ahead to share the XMC-1 AP test data with all of you. This is not a cherry-picked unit. This test data was gleamed from a random XMC-1 pulled straight off the line, and that will be shipped to an eager customer soon. The numbers you're seeing here represent those of actual production units and not a test mule. Also, look for the manual on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

xmc-1 specification test 2014-07-11.pdf (1.74 MB)

Last edited by cableguy301; 07-11-2014 at 03:53 PM.
cableguy301 is offline  
post #12723 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NWCgrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Never!

If you ever get satisfied with the bass (I am after 4 Triax's) you find other things to upgrade like speakers, and avr's then to pre-pro's and amps better projector, acoustically transparent screens, room treatments......
I was going to "like" your highly accurate post. But truth is I don't like the fact it's true. No matter how much it seems the finish line is drawing near, with each new purchase something else just becomes the proverbial "weak link" that just has to be upgraded.

Upgradeitis needs a vaccine!

___________________________________________
Two ears and a brain comprise a powerful acoustical analysis tool, able to extract enormous resolution, detail, and pleasure from circumstances that, when subject to mere technical measurements, seem to be disastrous. Floyd Toole
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...sement-ht.html[/B]
NWCgrad is offline  
post #12724 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,036
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 4208
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
just wondering how big is your room?


If your looking for a new avr check out the xmc 1... reviews will be coming in a few weeks... dirac live room correction will be awesome for subs...


cheers..


just came across this info thought I would add...


I've been given the go ahead to share the XMC-1 AP test data with all of you. This is not a cherry-picked unit. This test data was gleamed from a random XMC-1 pulled straight off the line, and that will be shipped to an eager customer soon. The numbers you're seeing here represent those of actual production units and not a test mule. Also, look for the manual on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

xmc-1 specification test 2014-07-11.pdf (1.74 MB)
The link doesn't work unless you are a member of that forum. Also, I may be mistaken but I don't believe "direc" can handle multiple subs discretely. Then there's the issue of having no idea what version of dirac is even implemented here? I don't mean to sound like negative nancy or anything....I just have spent so much of my time trying to help customers sort through the umc-200 *quirks* (with nearly *zero* help from a real manual mind you) that I'm a bit jaded.

Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure why anyone would invest in a new processor that didn't have Atmos capabilities. If I was in the market it would be the big Denon with AUDY XT32, SUB EQ HT, and Atmos. But to each their own of course.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12725 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,848
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
I was going to "like" your highly accurate post. But truth is I don't like the fact it's true. No matter how much it seems the finish line is drawing near, with each new purchase something else just becomes the proverbial "weak link" that just has to be upgraded.

Upgradeitis needs a vaccine!
The secret to happiness, from a Cheryl Crow song:

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got."

As of this moment, I want what I have for my home audio/video.

However, I am now working on wanting what I have in a different area. Should be a pretty easy fix though.
bear123 is online now  
post #12726 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 07:46 PM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
The link doesn't work unless you are a member of that forum. Also, I may be mistaken but I don't believe "direc" can handle multiple subs discretely. Then there's the issue of having no idea what version of dirac is even implemented here? I don't mean to sound like negative nancy or anything....I just have spent so much of my time trying to help customers sort through the umc-200 *quirks* (with nearly *zero* help from a real manual mind you) that I'm a bit jaded.

Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure why anyone would invest in a new processor that didn't have Atmos capabilities. If I was in the market it would be the big Denon with AUDY XT32, SUB EQ HT, and Atmos. But to each their own of course.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio


yeah Tom you could be very right.. im waiting to read the reviews... atmos theaters are awesome.. that's the avx movie theaters up in Canada with dolby atmos..


im not the type to buy the 1st one off the line .. like to hear what people think.. think the main thing emo fans are excited about is the sq that the xmc 1 may offer
that it could be comparable to the xsp 1 analog pre amp would be a grand slam home run...


the difference from my denon In pure direct mode 2 channel to the xsp 1 is night and day way way better... ... avrs do a lot of things and not many very well..
did not know denon had dolby atmos already...


just want to read the reviews..


cheers..

Last edited by cableguy301; 07-11-2014 at 07:53 PM.
cableguy301 is offline  
post #12727 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
ahblaza is offline  
post #12728 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,772
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4325 Post(s)
Liked: 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
My room is about 2800cf with four XV15SEs
Billy p likes this.
Alan P is offline  
post #12729 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I don't have an exact measurement on my room but I think it is about 3300-3500 cubic feet with the quad Triax's.
ahblaza likes this.
raynist is offline  
post #12730 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,772
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4325 Post(s)
Liked: 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I don't have an exact measurement on my room but I think it is about 3300-3500 cubic feet with the quad Triax's.
Billy p likes this.
Alan P is offline  
post #12731 of 29837 Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 10,132
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I run 3 XV15se in a 2400^3 room. Just another day at the office.

If I had your size room I would have 4 XV30's. Actually I probably would just go DIY at that point.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12732 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
My room is about 2800cf with four XV15SEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I don't have an exact measurement on my room but I think it is about 3300-3500 cubic feet with the quad Triax's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I run 3 XV15se in a 2400^3 room. Just another day at the office.

If I had your size room I would have 4 XV30's. Actually I probably would just go DIY at that point.
You guys are sick!

(and I'm jealous )
ahblaza and basshead81 like this.

Saturn94 is offline  
post #12733 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
You guys are sick!

(and I'm jealous )

It is a progressive disease that can be contracted by reading this forum and hearing deep bass.

My room is 4300+ cu. ft. and I only have to XV15se's. I somehow feel inadequate.


On a side note, I watched an old animated movie called Titan AE again the other day and was impressed by the soundtrack and the bass. Actually, almost everything I watch now impresses me with bass. I have found my sweet spot and have realized that my subs make the content better with almost everything. I no longer seek the ultimate bass tracks and movies. I am in a happy place.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
post #12734 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,162
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
It is a progressive disease that can be contracted by reading this forum and hearing deep bass.

My room is 4300+ cu. ft. and I only have to XV15se's. I somehow feel inadequate.


On a side note, I watched an old animated movie called Titan AE again the other day and was impressed by the soundtrack and the bass. Actually, almost everything I watch now impresses me with bass. I have found my sweet spot and have realized that my subs make the content better with almost everything. I no longer seek the ultimate bass tracks and movies. I am in a happy place.
Titan AE is one of the best bass films ever even though it is old and DVD only.
raynist is offline  
post #12735 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
It is a progressive disease that can be contracted by reading this forum and hearing deep bass.

My room is 4300+ cu. ft. and I only have to XV15se's. I somehow feel inadequate.


On a side note, I watched an old animated movie called Titan AE again the other day and was impressed by the soundtrack and the bass. Actually, almost everything I watch now impresses me with bass. I have found my sweet spot and have realized that my subs make the content better with almost everything. I no longer seek the ultimate bass tracks and movies. I am in a happy place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Titan AE is one of the best bass films ever even though it is old and DVD only.
+1

The DTS track on Titan AE is excellent!
Saturn94 is offline  
post #12736 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I don't have an exact measurement on my room but I think it is about 3300-3500 cubic feet with the quad Triax's.
Wow 4 Triaxs. I only have one in a 14x10 seald room and I haven't even reached its full power. Its shakes my Projector big time when it hits low and room shaking. Do your ears get plugged with quad Triax?
ahblaza likes this.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12737 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,036
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 4208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 View Post
Wow 4 Triaxs. I only have one in a 14x10 seald room and I haven't even reached its full power. Its shakes my Projector big time when it hits low and room shaking. Do your ears get plugged with quad Triax?
Hi Robert,

You mean you aren't ordering your second anytime soon?..

You can isolate the projector from the all/ceiling without much cost if you don't mind DIYing a little.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12738 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,036
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 4208
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
yeah Tom you could be very right.. im waiting to read the reviews... atmos theaters are awesome.. that's the avx movie theaters up in Canada with dolby atmos..


im not the type to buy the 1st one off the line .. like to hear what people think.. think the main thing emo fans are excited about is the sq that the xmc 1 may offer
that it could be comparable to the xsp 1 analog pre amp would be a grand slam home run...


the difference from my denon In pure direct mode 2 channel to the xsp 1 is night and day way way better... ... avrs do a lot of things and not many very well..
did not know denon had dolby atmos already...


just want to read the reviews..


cheers..
Well, from what I heard they won't be including Direc on any shipments for 2(?) months. Supposed to be some type of upgrade down the road. Now I'm wondering how users will calibrate the system? Will there be manual test tones? Users forced to purchase a SPL for this? Sounds crazy when you consider even a $250 AVR has auto calibration features these days. Somehow I see in my future many, many emails with xmc-1 customers trying to get their systems dialed in..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12739 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Well, from what I heard they won't be including Direc on any shipments for 2(?) months. Supposed to be some type of upgrade down the road. Now I'm wondering how users will calibrate the system? Will there be manual test tones? Users forced to purchase a SPL for this? Sounds crazy when you consider even a $250 AVR has auto calibration features these days. Somehow I see in my future many, many emails with xmc-1 customers trying to get their systems dialed in..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I'm actually pretty excited after reading about Dirac live. The ability to dial in your room curve is something I've wanted to do with Audyssey, but I don't have to ability to buy a version of Audyssey Pro (plus the US versions of Onkyo's AVRs aren't pro ready).

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is offline  
post #12740 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 06:23 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,302
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3505
The emo xmc1 is the biggest joke going. I can't beleive people would still be willing to purchase that thing after the continuous lies by the owner no less
ahblaza likes this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #12741 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,152
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I don't have an exact measurement on my room but I think it is about 3300-3500 cubic feet with the quad Triax's.
This guy obviously lost his mind long ago. 4 Triax's in that size room? Just leave him be there is no hope for him.
JT78681 is offline  
post #12742 of 29837 Old 07-12-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
This guy obviously lost his mind long ago. 4 Triax's in that size room? Just leave him be there is no hope for him.
Raynist has TBI (traumatic brain injury) from bass concussions.
climber07 is offline  
post #12743 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 AM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Well, from what I heard they won't be including Direc on any shipments for 2(?) months. Supposed to be some type of upgrade down the road. Now I'm wondering how users will calibrate the system? Will there be manual test tones? Users forced to purchase a SPL for this? Sounds crazy when you consider even a $250 AVR has auto calibration features these days. Somehow I see in my future many, many emails with xmc-1 customers trying to get their systems dialed in..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

I will waite for the finished product...


it is just a flash memory upgrade.. not hardware..


cheers
cableguy301 is offline  
post #12744 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
The emo xmc1 is the biggest joke going. I can't beleive people would still be willing to purchase that thing after the continuous lies by the owner no less
Brian, I have to agree with you, I've had wonderful CS from EMO with their amps but would be very hesitant to purchase a pre-pro or processor at this point. I feel sorry for Jim and Tom when it does start shipping and it's being used with PSA subs. I plan on saving a bunch of money when the new speakers come out, I will be selling off most of my out-board amps and receiver and getting a beefy amp section receiver with Audyssey XT32 SUB EQ HD, I'm looking at the Onkyo 1010, Denon 4000 should be all I need to drive the speakers to full power rating. Free up some space as well. I'll post what I will be selling before listing in the classifieds giving you guys a chance to get some real bargains, I even have unused BJC cables I will be selling. Take care.
Cheers Jeff
ahblaza is offline  
post #12745 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 10,132
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 4731
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I will waite for the finished product...


it is just a flash memory upgrade.. not hardware..


cheers
I would ditch that xsp-1 setup, buy a good avr with decent room correction, purchase a mic, download rew, then go with a outboard eq device if need be. I have a feeling your subs are being severely limited by the current setup. Jmo
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by basshead81; 07-13-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: to clear up that I did not mean get rid of the entire audio system.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12746 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
I will waite for the finished product...


it is just a flash memory upgrade.. not hardware..


cheers

Yeah that's just what we know for now, how long has the release date of the xmc-1 been dalayed? Just curious, I have nothing negative to say about Emotiva, so I will say nothing except be cautious with your decision, if you're dead set on getting the device I would at least wait till there are some customer comments. Good luck with whatever you decide. I've been on both sides of the single device versus the separates route and have decided that a good all in one device (AVR) is more than adequate for my needs, now if you have very finicky (difficult loads) to drive I would stay with the separates. For me a good receiver with all the latest software and RC options and beefy amp section is the plan for me, most of my amplification devices are overkill for my needs, they do look good though in the rack. I have just starting using the amps of my receiver recently and must say I can not tell the difference between it and my separates. To each his own, I'm just expressing my opinion and experiences, maybe someone can gain from my experiences. Thank you for listening.
Cheers Jeff
basshead81 likes this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #12747 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 01:47 PM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Yeah that's just what we know for now, how long has the release date of the xmc-1 been dalayed? Just curious, I have nothing negative to say about Emotiva, so I will say nothing except be cautious with your decision, if you're dead set on getting the device I would at least wait till there are some customer comments. Good luck with whatever you decide. I've been on both sides of the single device versus the separates route and have decided that a good all in one device (AVR) is more than adequate for my needs, now if you have very finicky (difficult loads) to drive I would stay with the separates. For me a good receiver with all the latest software and RC options and beefy amp section is the plan for me, most of my amplification devices are overkill for my needs, they do look good though in the rack. I have just starting using the amps of my receiver recently and must say I can not tell the difference between it and my separates. To each his own, I'm just expressing my opinion and experiences, maybe someone can gain from my experiences. Thank you for listening.
Cheers Jeff

im always cautious.. the pre pro xsp 1 is top notch and will blow any avr out of the water in 2 channel sound quality... I expect the same from the xmc 1 .. just waiting for the reviews and a sale price lol..


cheers
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by cableguy301; 07-13-2014 at 01:59 PM.
cableguy301 is offline  
post #12748 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,497
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post
im always cautious.. the pre pro xsp 1 is top notch and will blow any avr out of the water in 2 channel sound quality... I expect the same from the xmc 1 .. just waiting for the reviews and a sale price lol..


cheers
I would tend to disagree with that but like I said whatever sounds good to you is good. I don't think Bass was telling you to ditch your entire setup (speakers etc.) just the XMC-1. I won't make any comments on the quality of that product as I've said I've had nothing but excellent results with Emotiva. Good Luck
basshead81 likes this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #12749 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
.... I plan on saving a bunch of money when the new speakers come out, I will be selling off most of my out-board amps and receiver and getting a beefy amp section receiver with Audyssey XT32 SUB EQ HD, I'm looking at the Onkyo 1010, Denon 4000 should be all I need to drive the speakers to full power rating.
Are you referring to the PSA speakers they are planning to come out with? I'm wondering if my pioneer elite sc35 will have enough power to run them to full power... Never understood how to make that determination.
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #12750 of 29837 Old 07-13-2014, 03:52 PM
 
cableguy301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Are you referring to the PSA speakers they are planning to come out with? I'm wondering if my pioneer elite sc35 will have enough power to run them to full power... Never understood how to make that determination.

get some amps... !!! you can never have too much power... head room does wonders for sound quality..


..
cableguy301 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off