Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 428 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12811 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
hmunster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
crossover setting for in walls

Wondering if anybody has Episode in-wall speakers. I am trying to get some point of referrence for setting my XV-15's x-over frequency-my Yamaha YPAO program set the x-over at 110, but seems like there isn't enough coming from the speakers. Wondering if I can go up on the setting-how high can I raise the XVcrossover before it becomes noticeable (location wise)?
My 3 front spkrs are Episode 500 series with a 6.5 in woofer and stated extension to 50Hz.
Thanks guys
hmunster2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12812 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,327
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmunster2 View Post
Wondering if anybody has Episode in-wall speakers. I am trying to get some point of referrence for setting my XV-15's x-over frequency-my Yamaha YPAO program set the x-over at 110, but seems like there isn't enough coming from the speakers. Wondering if I can go up on the setting-how high can I raise the XVcrossover before it becomes noticeable (location wise)?
My 3 front spkrs are Episode 500 series with a 6.5 in woofer and stated extension to 50Hz.
Thanks guys
Your speakers are -6db at 50hz...Audyssey measures the -3db point so 110hz could be correct.

What do you mean when you say "seems like there isn't enough coming from the speakers"? Enough what (volume, bass, midrange, treble)?

80db is the typical crossover setting that will keep sub localization to minimum...where is your sub located in relation to you listening position? In your situation, I would recommend finding the best position along the front wall since your x-over has to be higher than 80hz.


EDIT: Ooops, just noticed you were using YPAO. I assume YPAO measures the -3db point as well, but I'm not sure of this.
Alan P is online now  
post #12813 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
hmunster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
[QUOTE=Alan P;25787761]Your speakers are -6db at 50hz...Audyssey measures the -3db point so 110hz could be correct.

What do you mean when you say "seems like there isn't enough coming from the speakers"? Enough what (volume, bass, midrange, treble)?

80db is the typical crossover setting that will keep sub localization to minimum...where is your sub located in relation to you listening position? In your situation, I would recommend finding the best position along the front wall since your x-over has to be higher than 80hz.

by not enough, referring to midrange just seems sort of "sucked out". Sub is in left front corner-I found that this was the best position after moving it and doing the crawl.
hmunster2 is offline  
post #12814 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Hmunster,

Sounds like you have a cancellation around the crossover point. You could try adjusting the phase dial and/or changing the distance setting for the sub via the AVR.It would be much easier to see the changes being made are infact going the right direction with a freeware copy of REW and a USB measuring mic(UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum)
Alan P and ahblaza like this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12815 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 157
How is YPAO compared to Audyssey?

j_nordi
ahblaza is offline  
post #12816 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
How is YPAO compared to Audyssey?
It performs audio correction for your room.

Just kidding, I have no idea. I couldn't resist.
ahblaza likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is online now  
post #12817 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
How is YPAO compared to Audyssey?
It doesn't EQ the subs from what I remember.
ahblaza likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #12818 of 13885 Old 07-16-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Ypao only has sub eq on the top tier models 20xx and 30xx aventage. However ypao does a set distances and levels with all speakers including the sub channel on the lower models. I believe the 77x series on up has 8 point measurement with R.S.C.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12819 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Has anyone compared the pb12 plus and the xv15se to see witch one sounds better over all? Because I have a Pb12 plus but just wondering if I should sell it and upgrade it.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12820 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 View Post
Has anyone compared the pb12 plus and the xv15se to see witch one sounds better over all? Because I have a Pb12 plus but just wondering if I should sell it and upgrade it.
I have not compared them specifically, nor have I seen anyone do a direct comparison. Based on my experience with the pb12-nsd vs xv15se, coupled with the measurements I've seen of the pb12+ vs xv15se, I suspect the xv15se may qualify as a slight upgrade in max clean output and 'musicality' as compared to pb12+. The 12+ may dig deeper though, and also has the variable tuning. Overall I would say they are too close to consider one a significant upgrade over the other.

Again this is just my opinion based on my research prior to buying my xv15se's. For me it came down to cost, and the xv15se is an excellent value imo. If I already had a 12+ I would not trade for an xv15se unless maybe for space considerations (xv15se is shockingly compact for the level of output ). Some of these other guys are much more knowledgable than I am though, and I will defer to them.

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 07-17-2014 at 11:25 AM.
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
post #12821 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Billy p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Markham,Ont
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 View Post
Has anyone compared the pb12 plus and the xv15se to see witch one sounds better over all? Because I have a Pb12 plus but just wondering if I should sell it and upgrade it.
I think our resident member Raynist might have owned both. He has owned several Svs and PSA subs(although not the XV15SE version...original version...I do believe) and likely best qualified to answer your question....TV might be another one.....

Ray though...usually pops in form time to time and could discuss things further or just shoot him a PM...he'll give you an honest reply either way.

Cheers...Bill...
ahblaza likes this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry

Last edited by Billy p; 07-17-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Billy p is offline  
post #12822 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,979
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 View Post
Has anyone compared the pb12 plus and the xv15se to see witch one sounds better over all? Because I have a Pb12 plus but just wondering if I should sell it and upgrade it.
Order one and see for yourself. PSA has free shipping both ways this summer, so it's a no risk endeavor.

The only way to know for sure is to compare in your own room with your own ears.
ahblaza and climber07 like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is online now  
post #12823 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Where is shadyj?

Hope he is ok that his dreams are crushed lol
It would kill him to know that he is the reason I bought an XV15. When I was sub shopping last winter, I was all set to go with an SVS PB-2000 when I noticed shadyj ranting about how bad PSA subs are in another thread. Quite a few other people chimed in to defend PSA and when someone noted that the XV15 was $800, I figured it was worth checking out. Now I am very happy with my XV15SE, so thank you shadyj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
+1

The DTS track on Titan AE is excellent!
Thanks for reminding me about Titan AE! I watched it the other night and it sounds awesome with my XV15SE.

It has been said before, but I would also like to chime in and say that if anyone is on the fence about upgrading from the XV15 to the XV15SE, go for it. You will not be disappointed.
Billy p and ahblaza like this.
AndrewB2 is offline  
post #12824 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
I have not compared them specifically, nor have I seen anyone do a direct comparison. Based on my experience with the pb12-nsd vs xv15se, coupled with the measurements I've seen of the pb12+ vs xv15se, I suspect the xv15se may qualify as a slight upgrade in max clean output and 'musicality' as compared to pb12+. The 12+ may dig deeper though, and also has the variable tuning. Overall I would say they are too close to consider one a significant upgrade over the other.

Again this is just my opinion based on my research prior to buying my xv15se's. For me pit came down to cost, and the xv15se is an
excellent value imo. If I already had a 12+ I would not trade for an xv15se unless maybe for space considerations (xv15se is
shockingly compact for the level of output
). Some of these other guys are much
more knowledgable than I am though, and I
will defer to them.
Thanks That gives me more idea of both subs.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12825 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
I think our resident member Raynist might have owned both. He has owned several Svs and PSA subs(although not the XV15SE version...original version...I do believe) and likely best qualified to answer your question....TV might be another one.....

Ray though...usually pops in form time to time and could discuss things further or just shoot him a PM...he'll give you an honest reply either way.

Cheers...Bill...
Thats right I think now he owns 4 Triaxs I think ok thanks.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12826 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Order one and see for yourself. PSA has free shipping both ways this summer, so it's a no risk endeavor.

The only way to know for sure is to compare in your own room with your own ears.
Yup thats true I think I mite do that thanks.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12827 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Depends on which PB12. The PB12+ dsp w/ sledge will have a advantage around the 16-25hz region, but the XV15se will have more from 40-125hz where it will probably match or exceed the PB13U. Also take note the XV15se is actually smaller so that is where it gives up a slight bit in ultra low bass and if you limit thd to 10% during ground plane testing they are probably really close. The PB12+ is no slouch so no I do not see the XV15se being a huge upgrade. Now if you sell the PB12+ dsp for 1200.00 and purchase a pair of XV15se for 1600.00, then yes that will be a upgrade.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12828 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Depends on which PB12. The PB12+ dsp w/ sledge will have a advantage around the 16-25hz region, but the XV15se will have more from 40-125hz where it will probably match or exceed the PB13U. Also take note the XV15se is actually smaller so that is where it gives up a slight bit in ultra low bass and if you limit thd to 10% during ground plane testing they are probably really close. The PB12+ is no slouch so no I do not see the XV15se being a huge upgrade. Now if you sell the PB12+ dsp for 1200.00 and purchase a pair of XV15se for 1600.00, then yes that will be a upgrade.
That sounds good I have the Pb12+ with the bash amp 525 watts I have it paired up with my Triax but have it way lower than the Triax I use the pb12 for near field in back of couch. The one thing I dont like about the pb12 is that it is front ported. Back ported sounds better to me when it hits the wall.
Robert760 is offline  
post #12829 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
I think our resident member Raynist might have owned both. He has owned several Svs and PSA subs(although not the XV15SE version...original version...I do believe) and likely best qualified to answer your question....TV might be another one.....

Ray though...usually pops in form time to time and could discuss things further or just shoot him a PM...he'll give you an honest reply either way.

Cheers...Bill...
I had a PB12+ with the Bash amp at the same time I had the XV15's. From what I remember they were very similar with the PB12+ digging a bit deeper in 16hz tune.

I know I posted about them somewhere at the beginning of this thread. Here are some comparison pictures.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post22319317
Billy p likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #12830 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I'm considering the Yamaha RA -A1040, I have a dealer friend who tells me that of all the lines of receivers he sells the Yamahas are the most reliable feature set receivers he has come across and he has been a an authorized dealer for many years. I was all set on the Onkyo TX-NR1010 but was soon discouraged from that receiver because of the many complaints of failure. I have had nothing but Onkyo for 15 years and have not had a problem at all, I really like the XT32 SUB EQ HT though. His company has not sold sold Onkyo for the last four years because of the above mentioned problems.
Thanking about selling my EMO XPA 3, 42 months of warranty left and also my ATI 602 amp, this little amp can drive anything down to 2 Ohms, amazing build quality. I also have tons of cable for sale, mostly ICs and digital coaxial etc.. I'll post later. Also have a 5.0 Pioneer setup for sale soon SP 22s and matching center SC22 and BS41s, I will almost give these away.

j_nordi
ahblaza is offline  
post #12831 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I'm considering the Yamaha RA -A1040, I have a dealer friend who tells me that of all the lines of receivers he sells the Yamahas are the most reliable feature set receivers he has come across and he has been a an authorized dealer for many years. I was all set on the Onkyo TX-NR1010 but was soon discouraged from that receiver because of the many complaints of failure. I have had nothing but Onkyo for 15 years and have not had a problem at all, I really like the XT32 SUB EQ HT though. His company has not sold sold Onkyo for the last four years because of the above mentioned problems.
Thanking about selling my EMO XPA 3, 42 months of warranty left and also my ATI 602 amp, this little amp can drive anything down to 2 Ohms, amazing build quality. I also have tons of cable for sale, mostly ICs and digital coaxial etc.. I'll post later. Also have a 5.0 Pioneer setup for sale soon SP 22s and matching center SC22 and BS41s, I will almost give these away.
They haven't sold Onkyo because they are biasing the customers. Onkyo really hasn't had any higher failure rates than most other manufacturers in the past few years. I'd say from the 1009/3009/5009 timeframe and forward. The recent versions of Onkyo's don't have the high failure rates of the past models. Most were HDMI board failures and were replaced in and out of warranty.

Don't get me wrong, Onkyo had a bad run. Every major company has their issues.

Yamaha makes some good receivers too, but Audyssey was the selling point for the Onkyo. YPAO is okay, but I don't care much for it. It seems a little basic. You will be happy with either, but you may have that nagging question of "what if I had Audyssey MultEQ XT32" in the back of your mind...

You have to take the good and the bad. Talk to some more Onkyo owners, visit some review sites from consumers (Amazon, NewEgg, Crutchfield) and take the top and bottom ten percent and ignore them. The rest are probably fairly accurate.

ahblaza and CRAZYKAT like this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...

Last edited by climber07; 07-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.
climber07 is online now  
post #12832 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
I can say I love my Yamaha 773. I am sure the Aventage line from the 10xx series n up are very solid. Remember you can always use a mini dsp or dirac live for sub eq. There is also a good chance that setup would end up doing a better job being you can taylor it to your prefrences.
ahblaza likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12833 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
They haven't sold Onkyo because they are biasing the customers. The recent versions of Onkyo's don't have the high failure rates of the past models. Most were HDMI board failures and were replaced in and out of warranty.

Don't get me wrong, Onkyo had a bad run. Every major company has their issues.

Yamaha makes some good receivers too, but Audyssey was the selling point for the Onkyo. YPAO is okay, but I don't care much for it. It seems a little basic. You will be happy with either, but you may have that nagging question of "what if I had Audyssey MultEQ XT32" in the back of your mind...

You have to take the good and the bad. Talk to some more Onkyo owners, visit some review sites from consumers (Amazon, NewEgg, Crutchfield) and take the top and bottom ten percent and ignore them. The rest are probably fairly accurate.

What was the last yamaha you owned? The new Yamahas with the latest Ypao are far from basic my friend. The 30 & 40 series even have a dynamic eq feature just like Audyssey and a host of other features. The new 3040 has dual sub eq, dynamic eq, R.S.C., multi 8 point measurement and more...
ahblaza likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12834 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
What was the last yamaha you owned? The new Yamahas with the latest Ypao are far from basic my friend. The 30 & 40 series even have a dynamic eq feature just like Audyssey and a host of other features. The new 3040 has dual sub eq, dynamic eq, R.S.C., multi 8 point measurement and more...
It has been a while. I can't remember the model number. It didn't have HDMI. I don' think it was YPAO that it had. From what I remember, it only did distance and gain.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is online now  
post #12835 of 13885 Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,010
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
It has been a while. I can't remember the model number. It didn't have HDMI. I don' think it was YPAO that it had. From what I remember, it only did distance and gain.
Oh yea they have come along way since then....not even close
ahblaza likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #12836 of 13885 Old 07-18-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I had a PB12+ with the Bash amp at the same time I had the XV15's. From what I remember they were very similar with the PB12+ digging a bit deeper in 16hz tune.

I know I posted about them somewhere at the beginning of this thread. Here are some comparison pictures.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post22319317
That sounds about right. In max output mode the XV15se would have a little edge in output with extension being similar in most rooms. If you lower the plus down to 16hz mode it would dig deeper but you'll lose another dB or so of output. In a side-side comparison I'd expect the Xv15se to be preferred. I'm obviously biased but we have also had a half dozen or so customers reinforce this in their own comparisons. However, going from a plus to a XV15se probably won't seem like a huge day/night upgrade or anything like that.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12837 of 13885 Old 07-18-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert760 View Post
Has anyone compared the pb12 plus and the xv15se to see witch one sounds better over all? Because I have a Pb12 plus but just wondering if I should sell it and upgrade it.

Is this going to be something you use in the same room as your Triax? If so, there are better choices than the XV15se. The XS30se for example..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #12838 of 13885 Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Member
 
Homebrew101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewB2 View Post
It has been said before, but I would also like to chime in and say that if anyone is on the fence about upgrading from the XV15 to the XV15SE, go for it. You will not be disappointed.


I know I know but $$ are really tight this year
Homebrew101 is offline  
post #12839 of 13885 Old 07-18-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew101 View Post
I know I know but $$ are really tight this year

Hangin' around this thread will only make it tighter...
ahblaza likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is online now  
post #12840 of 13885 Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Member
 
Robert760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Is this going to be something you use in the same room as your Triax? If so, there are better choices than the XV15se. The XS30se for example..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Yes it will be paired with the Triax in my room. I am still going to get the second Triax but first I want to upgrade the pb12+ I just feel like I mite damage it if I go higher on volume. I need something to keep up with the Triax.
Robert760 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off