post #13831 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
That is unless you live in the "other" US- Hawaii or Alaska. We get reamed on shipping. Shipping is more than shipping and all your import duties/taxes combined.

Enjoy the sub.
I'm not sure about that.

One XS15se to Hawaii would be about $965 and that is 2 day express...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13832 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
That is unless you live in the "other" US- Hawaii or Alaska. We get reamed on shipping. Shipping is more than shipping and all your import duties/taxes combined.

Enjoy the sub.
But you live in Hawaii, not too many people going to feel sorry for you
post #13833 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I'm watching Godzilla and my XS30se is unbelievable!!!!!!! Thank you PSA for an incredible sub!!!!!!!!!!
ahblaza and climber07 like this.

post #13834 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post
There's no free shipping / return shipping for us Canadians.

Yup...but if you decide on the XS30SE.... you won't have to worry about the return shipping from Canada.....
eljaycanuck and ahblaza like this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry

Last edited by Billy p; Yesterday at 06:27 PM.
post #13835 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 505
"Well, touché!"
Billy p likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13836 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Hi guys,

I'm joining the PSA family in a few days it seems -- I just clicked buy on an XS15se.

I've chosen this sub because of its good reputation of course but also because of several stringent criteria. The sub will be used in a secondary setup that doubles as a kid's playroom. Thus, the sub must be sealed or else there will be toys or worse stuffed inside the port. The sub must be small enough to fit under a table (which itself is pushed into a room corner). Having a down-firing sub is a huge plus compared to grilles as my younger kid will want to play with any stuff he can access. The finish on the sub seems durable and in a pinch I figured the sub could even be used as a small bench for a kid.

Ah also, I'm Canadian. This traditionally means going with SVS because of their Canadian distributor (though they announced today that you can now order on SVS's own website, and all the SVS bill of right perks including free shipping now applies to most Canadians, so you've got to give them the credit they deserve). But SVS's downfiring subs are their cylinders, which obviously won't fit under a table. On top of that I must say that ordering with PSA was much smoother than expected. PSA charges both GST/HST and provincial tax if any, so that hurts a bit (SVS's distributor in Ontario didn't charge tax for my province). Shipping to Canada isn't free though, but it did come out quite cheap -- as cheap as getting a sub from SVS's distributor in Canada as far as I can tell, so PSA seems to charge only for the part of the route beginning at the US-Canada border, or something similar. There's no custom brokerage fee.

So while US customers still have the best deal, I'm please to report that getting a PSA sub up here was a breeze so far (I'll report back when I actually get it).

For interested Canadian customers, here's a fee breakdown:

XS15se: $799
Shipping to Quebec City: $71 (that's less than the price of gas to go to the border and back)
Taxes (GST + QST): $130.28
Total: $1000.28

That's in US dollars of course, so that should be around CAD 1100. In terms of comparison, this is somewhere between what an SVS PB/SB-2000 and an SVS PC12-Plus would cost me, so I think it's a pretty fair deal.

Anyhow I'm eager to test it!
Congrats man you are in for a treat!!
post #13837 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thought I'd leave my first experience with a REW sweep here. Setup is 2x PSA XS30se's with phase adjusted pre Audyssey (via the knob on the sub while monitoring RTA) then Audyssey run on both subs together using a splitter. Room is 4-5k cubic feet with a very open layout and vaulted ceilings and I'm still getting solid output.

I'm sure I could flatten things out a touch more with minidsp etc, but at this point I'm happy with the setup and think I'll just enjoy it for awhile. It passed the goosebumps test.

Lower sweep is post Audyssey, higher plot is 3.5 db hotter than Audyssey intended in the sub (as set in the receiver). System is now currently set just 1db hot (currently -5.5db in the receiver) and it it does a nice job of reducing the dip between 10-20hz while remaining flatter throughout the range than the 3db hot chart. Sorry don't have a plot of the 1db hot setup as I ran out of alone time in the house and couldn't get a clean sweep so I didn't bother saving the result.

PSA subs rock, oh and Tom and Jim are world class. I highly recommend anyone give them a shot.

Last edited by t231; Yesterday at 09:12 PM.
post #13838 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post
How far from the side walls are your XS30SE's and how far from the front wall from the driver? I currently have my two behind my screen wall, but they a firing towards the side wall...was thinking about changing them to fire toward the back wall and out to the room, but they would need to be almost against the left and right walls right in the corner.
I have my XS30SEs angled in the corner, I'm using them as speaker stands, I'll try and explain the distances to you, they are placed identical in each L&R corner and the distances are identical from front and side walls with both subs, if you look at the right corner sub straight on, the right side edge of the sub cabinet is 10" (back right corner) from the side wall and the front right corner is 16" from side wall and the back right corner is 21" from the front wall. Left side of sub cab back corner is 15" from the front wall and front left corner is 37" from front wall and 34" to the side wall. It's probably difficult to imagine this placement, I could take a picture if you or someone would tell me how to post it. I have a lot of room to experiment with, from your statement you seem to be limited with the distances I described, I don't think being right next to the side wall would be a problem but I do think the back driver firing into the front wall would be if it was right up against the front wall. Did you try putting the sub into the corner with a catty corner placement with one driver firing into side wall and the other into the front wall?
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #13839 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by t231 View Post
Thought I'd leave my first experience with a REW sweep here. Setup is 2x PSA XS30se's with phase adjusted pre Audyssey (via the knob on the sub while monitoring RTA) then Audyssey run on both subs together using a splitter. Room is 4-5k cubic feet with a very open layout and vaulted ceilings and I'm still getting solid output.

I'm sure I could flatten things out a touch more with minidsp etc, but at this point I'm happy with the setup and think I'll just enjoy it for awhile. It passed the goosebumps test.

Lower sweep is post Audyssey, higher plot is 3.5 db hotter than Audyssey intended in the sub (as set in the receiver). System is now currently set just 1db hot (currently -5.5db in the receiver) and it it does a nice job of reducing the dip between 10-20hz while remaining flatter throughout the range than the 3db hot chart. Sorry don't have a plot of the 1db hot setup as I ran out of alone time in the house and couldn't get a clean sweep so I didn't bother saving the result.

PSA subs rock, oh and Tom and Jim are world class. I highly recommend anyone give them a shot.

Man, I am really envious, I have REW downloaded, new laptop and miniDSP and UMIK-1 and still have not measured my XS30SEs. Did you do this on your own, seriously? Good job my friend, I commend you for your efforts and results.
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #13840 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1445
I am losing faith in you Jeffery...
post #13841 of 13847 Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I am losing faith in you Jeffery...

+1.....LOL Come on Jeff, lets get her done!

I was actually taking measurements of my quad monsters and messing around with my balanced 2x4 miniDSP tonight. So cool how you can take a sweep measurement, then step into the PEQ make a few changes then run another sweep seconds later and see exactly what those changes just made.
post #13842 of 13847 Old Today, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
What I meant was this:

-Run YPAO
-Using the receivers internal test tones, measure the SPL level of each speaker and the sub
-Report those levels back here

DO NOT adjust any levels in between.

Thanks Alan.

Uploading pictures of my setup from YPAO.. I made "Volume Trim" levels to be at + 0.5 db on Treble and Bass and Similar values to "Tone Control" before running YPAO. (PS: I am unbale to upload all photos as they are too big and even a file I am trying to create out of these photos is little bit for the size requirement on AVS.. ) .. All the photos are in this pdf

Ran YPAO.. and then changed these two settings as follows :

Volume Trim :

Input Trim: +1.0 db
Subwoofer Trim: +6.0 db

Tone Control:

Treble: +1.0 db
Bass: +4.0 db

For some reason I see YPAO has set Front's to be as Large.. and I changed them to Small..

Also soon after YPAO.. it says 3/2/0.1 ch... are those the number of speakers it is saying I have in my setup ? I actually have 4 Towers 2 in "Front" L/R and then 2 in the outputs where it says "Surround Back/BI AMP/Zone B" ( I have it setup BI-AMP out of these ) so it outputs sound from all 4.. and when I do Speaker "Test Tone" with Pink Noise... for "Front L or R " the sound outputs from these speakers which are in "Surround Back/BI AMP/Zone B" L & R respectively..

And then the other inputs are usual... so I would say my setup is at 7.1 level .. My receiver is Yamaha RX-V575

But I am thinking to run the SPL meter configuration setting the meter at 75 db and then set all speakers to output 75 db on SPL meter...but will wait for your input and anyone else who wants me to help and let me know what needs to be changed... I would have taken the picture of the room.. but its too bad..I am still setting up this room.. no one comes here.. just me..

Appreciate your input.

Well I give up on the photo or pdf upload.. as the file size requirement is very less... I tried to lower the size but cannot help it...

I have uploaded the pdf file which contains all the photos I wanted to upload... no virus here.. sorry for the direct download link..

Thanks

PS:Ohh I just went back to see some of my old.. where I had attached few files .. photos... but I don't see they were attached.. probably the size was too high as each photo i I am trying to upload it at least 4mb and more... hugh.. don't know what I was trying to share then..

PSN ID: adnaanasiim
Trophy Card:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cyborg_Optoma; Today at 12:43 AM.
post #13843 of 13847 Old Today, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Remember your *ears* won't go that low. Below 20 Hz is firmly into subsonic range or "ULF" -- ultra-low frequencies. To feel that you *need* to play it louder. -50 dB won't cut it. Depending on the frequency this will feel like a rumble or a strange pressure in the room, or a flutter in the air.

EDIT: also those don't look like pure tones so you way hear overtones only (tap-tap-tap-tap) first. Disclaimer -- only could listen to the files on headphones for the moment.

Thanks man.. appreciate your input... and thanks for correcting me that below 20hz is just feel able and not audible with low sound output on receiver..

PSN ID: adnaanasiim
Trophy Card:

post #13844 of 13847 Old Today, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 466
My buttkicker LFE kit gets delivered today let's see what that adds to the party

Mostly got it for lower level listening at night (until my room can be properly built with soundproofing)
post #13845 of 13847 Old Today, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm joining the PSA family in a few days it seems -- I just clicked buy on an XS15se.

I've chosen this sub because of its good reputation of course but also because of several stringent criteria. The sub will be used in a secondary setup that doubles as a kid's playroom. Thus, the sub must be sealed or else there will be toys or worse stuffed inside the port. The sub must be small enough to fit under a table (which itself is pushed into a room corner). Having a down-firing sub is a huge plus compared to grilles as my younger kid will want to play with any stuff he can access. The finish on the sub seems durable and in a pinch I figured the sub could even be used as a small bench for a kid.

Ah also, I'm Canadian. This traditionally means going with SVS because of their Canadian distributor (though they announced today that you can now order on SVS's own website, and all the SVS bill of right perks including free shipping now applies to most Canadians, so you've got to give them the credit they deserve). But SVS's downfiring subs are their cylinders, which obviously won't fit under a table. On top of that I must say that ordering with PSA was much smoother than expected. PSA charges both GST/HST and provincial tax if any, so that hurts a bit (SVS's distributor in Ontario didn't charge tax for my province). Shipping to Canada isn't free though, but it did come out quite cheap -- as cheap as getting a sub from SVS's distributor in Canada as far as I can tell, so PSA seems to charge only for the part of the route beginning at the US-Canada border, or something similar. There's no custom brokerage fee.

So while US customers still have the best deal, I'm please to report that getting a PSA sub up here was a breeze so far (I'll report back when I actually get it).

Shipping to Quebec City: $71 (that's less than the price of gas to go to the border and back)

That's in US dollars of course, so that should be around CAD 1100. In terms of comparison, this is somewhere between what an SVS PB/SB-2000 and an SVS PC12-Plus would cost me, so I think it's a pretty fair deal.

Hey, Neutro - I know you are an Energy speaker guy; are you using Energy speakers in this 2nd setup as well? How large is the room?
oneeyeblind likes this.

I love it when a [HT] plan comes together!
post #13846 of 13847 Old Today, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Hi guys,

hahaYES!!! welcome neutro...hope to see you in here now...hope your two kids are doing well

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | PSB imagine B's | PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build thread
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page