post #14431 of 14435 Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
I bought one of the early 20-39 subs with a Samson S700 and then upgraded to a pair of 20-39 pluses as soon as they became available, driven by a Samson S1000. Subs number 35 & 36 IIRC. I still have them and they are still going strong.
I remember the system we sent Tom Nousaine for review. (in The Sensible Sound) That was with the old "Fidek" amp. I believe TN wrote something like...."Amp worked fine, fans sounded like a vacuum cleaner". Which, I couldn't argue.. The Samsons were a big improvement in that area.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14432 of 14435 Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I'm rockin The Eagles Farewell Live from Melbourne on DVD this morning and my lil ole XV15se f$&king ROCKS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-46" SAMSUNG-ENERGY RC-50'S-ENERGY RC-LCR-ENERGY RC-10'S-PSA XV15se-PIONEER ELITE SC-25-OPPO BDP 103Dhttp://www.avsforum.com/g/a/1459339/default/
post #14433 of 14435 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbenice View Post
First time when my wife saw the XV15SE, she asked "what the heck is that big black box, its too big" , so i sold that XV15SE and talk to her that i will get a smaller one. I wonder what she gonna say when she see the XS30SE arrive this Monday
Probably the same thing since they are similar in size.
justbenice likes this.
post #14434 of 14435 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I'm moving my ongoing impressions of the XV15se I bought into this thread now. Having asked Tom about that slight popping sound I heard, and having now heard it again a few more times, I'm now convinced it really isn't a big deal and may actually be coming from elsewhere in the setup somehow...

I will post a full on review when I am finished entirely with it...for now I am dealing with my wild room accoustics, and now that I have it louder and more "boomy" in its new spot behind the TV in the corner (with the best listening spot now being the opposite corner of the room), now I am trying to figure out how to get it a little less boomy. Just listened to parts of The Incredible Hulk, such as the Campus scene and the end battle, and while it was loud it sounded a bit more boomy and muddled than I'd like. (But maybe that's just how the soundtrack is supposed to sound in those parts.) But on the other hand, with a few of the scenes that use the sub with low frequency automatic gunshots, I swear it almost seemed as though every "thump" was so clearly defined that I could count the shots!

I have gotten to enjoy some surprise bass moments too. The Finding Nemo scene inside the whale...NOW I know why people talk about that scene along side the fish tank scene. With my old sub I never heard anything. Now almost the entire scene rocks the room! Also threw on The Hunger Games Reaping chapter...and I was like "I never knew there was bass here?!" It's very low, probably near the limits of the sub, but I could tell there was a very low frequency throughout the scene that was never there before.

More impressions to come!

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - 3313ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page