Forum Jump: 

post #15091 of 15096 Old Today, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 663
correct.

also move the mic around the immediate seating area and compare the responses. this will help know that if they dont differ greatly you can just use the MLP readings to adjust any DSP you may use

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

PSB Imagine B for sale:http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post987985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15092 of 15096 Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Thanks Jeff, I will definitely be checking this out later today and reading through everything.

Okay, there has been so much discussion on where to point the mic and calibration of 0 degrees or 90 degrees that I just want to follow up and verify that I still have this right. The over all agreed upon methodology for measuring bass in a room using a UMIK is to set the mic at the MLP and point the mic at the ceiling. Is that pretty much accurate?
Yes, for all the reasons @neutro so eloquently posted at the end of his last response
post #15093 of 15096 Old Today, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Got it...Very good. Thanks to all.
post #15094 of 15096 Old Today, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I missed my delievery today becuase i am at work, booooooo>>>>>>> Whats a good starting point when setting up a XV15se?
post #15095 of 15096 Old Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brker19 View Post
I missed my delievery today becuase i am at work, booooooo>>>>>>> Whats a good starting point when setting up a XV15se?

You should be able to sign in(online) at fedex and pick up the sub at the local fedex terminal on your way home if you prefer.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #15096 of 15096 Old Today, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Thanks Jeff, I will definitely be checking this out later today and reading through everything.

Okay, there has been so much discussion on where to point the mic and calibration of 0 degrees or 90 degrees that I just want to follow up and verify that I still have this right. The over all agreed upon methodology for measuring bass in a room using a UMIK is to set the mic at the MLP and point the mic at the ceiling. Is that pretty much accurate?
Sorry Hop, that was me causing the confusion. If you go with a UMIK-1 mic from PSA which they get from miniDSP the mic was calibrated to be used in a zero degree application. Meaning pointing directly at what you're measuring, it doesn't mean that you can't have it pointed 90 degrees.

It honestly might not make that big of a difference but if you're trying to measure as accurately as possibly you'd want to do it correctly.

I have a Cross Spectrum mic and if I'm using 90 degrees for taking measurements I load the calibration file for 90 degrees, if I was going to take a measurement at 0 degrees I would load the 0 degree calibration file that came with my mic.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page