post #15121 of 15122 Old Today, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni009 View Post
The 80hz recommendation is all over the place, including many places here on AVS, and even specifically when asking about the BS22's. I read up before that these things actually have a good flat response down to around 65 hz...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...r-measurements

Anyways, I'll try 90hz now. This one scene is the only spot I can recall that my surrounds did this before though, so I was curious about it. I found a few other people who talk about TRON Legacy having clipping issues, and at least one other who reported clipping with their surrounds in the exact same place in the film as I did, so maybe it's just the soundtrack.

Sorry for the thread derail...back to bass...ics. My bargain bin copy of "9" is just waiting for me to give it a spin!
A good flat response down to 65hz at what volume levels? Sure they can probably play down to 65hz up to 85db, but asking them to do any heavy lifting at volumes above 90db is no bueno with a 80hz cross. The point I am trying to makes is a 4" driver does not have enough displacement to keep up with your sub crossed that low...hence why you heard distortion. Again I personally would never run a speaker with drivers smaller then 6.5" for louder listening levels and a 80hz cross.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15122 of 15122 Old Today, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Agree with basshead here....take some load off those poor little speakers and cross them at 100hz. 90hz is pushing it, IMO.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page