post #15181 of 15181 Old Today, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Yeah, I'm a little worried about the wiring in my circa 1961 house....
That's actually a good question I think. I don't have this problem really but with two 4kW subs what do you guys do? Are they on 15A circuits? I guess you use two separate 15A circuits? Each will have a max RMS power of 1800W; that is well below the RMS rating of the Triax' amp. That being said, in audio it's mostly transients and the circuit can provide much higher peaks.

So do you plan on upgrading to dual 20A circuits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
@morbidcorpse , do you have a home buttom on your 818 remote, if so hit it and you should get a couple of options, click on audio and you should see trim adjustment for sub and center channel, bump your sub trim up and then hit HOME button again and it's gone, you don't have to worry about setting the trim level back again for movies once you power down the 818 it reverts back to the original Audyssey trim set.
Wow I have an 818 too and didn't even know that ajusting the trim levels in the options was only temporary. This is awesome, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectevolution View Post
So running some movie and music samples it was obvious I was getting more 20 Hz and lower bass which was definitely awesome. Which brings me to my next issue, the right side of my theater room has three doors and is basically a rattle trap. So my next adventure is figuring out how to eliminate some rattles.
Good luck with that... some rattles are rather easy to tame but I think the ones in my room are caused by the air ducts in the (finished) ceiling. Fixing that would be... complex.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page