Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 520 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32205Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15571 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 01:28 PM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,729
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerpc389 View Post
Just received in my dual XS30SE's yesterday and just wow....They were fantastic sounding!! Once I got them dialed in with my system I was very impressed with how tight, controlled, and deep the bass was. I had never heard or owned sealed subs before, only ported. In my current theater room of 3000 Sq ft these shook the walls! Very impressed and very happy! Tom answered at least twenty of my questions prior to purchase and also afterwards. Very impressed with customer service and the overall experience. Looking forward to years of use out of these!!!
SO Jealous!!! Congrats!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, DUAL PSA XS30SE's
mnc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15572 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
glad I could help!

most likely not...youll prob get a window tomorrow
Just got a call from the shipping company....T-18s will be at my house tomorrow between 9a-noon!!

Taking the next 2 days off of work to play.
Alan P is online now  
post #15573 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Just got a call from the shipping company....T-18s will be at my house tomorrow between 9a-noon!!

Taking the next 2 days off of work to play.

Sweet!! Can't wait to hear your impressions
Brian Fineberg is offline  
 
post #15574 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,696
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 6057
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post
Anyone have a clue how long it takes to get a Triax delivered after ordering?
All orders up to today should be fulfilled. Please check your inbox for tracking. Orders starting today(12-16) through the rest of this week won't ship for 2-4 business days as we are waiting on more inbound 4000 watt amps.

Email me at Support@powersoundaudio.com with any questions, thanks

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
climber07 likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #15575 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,696
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 6057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Tom, Its a open family room in a 1900 SQ FT house. If I shut every door that I can, then I estimate the cubic foot of 6500-7000.
Family room with facing kitchen is 28 feet deep, with a 15 foot wide family room. But opens to dinning room, stairs, upstairs walkway, open entry.
There is a sliding patio door on the left side, but I have fake leather curtians over the glass.
Banboo flooring on post and beam with large rug in the family room.
MLP is average 10-11 feet from subs and towers.
Sub 1 is left side of front wall - 3 feet from left corner wall and 10 inches from front wall.
Sub 2 is on the right wall - 3 feet from right front corner wall, and 6 inches from right wall.

I have also notice the subs drop off rapid after about 19 Hz and by 16 Hz has fizzled out. So I take it that there is no room gain?

Dual XS15se subs.
Hello Red,

How much placement flexibility is there in the room? I ask because I would be curious as to how NF(near field) placement sounded in this environment. I'd say 16-18hz would be about right. There should be a sudden drop off though unless it is related to a room mode in some way.

The XS30se are a bit better than the XV15se even in a large room environment like this. The 30s are going to extend a bit deeper, they will have similar output capabilities in the deep bass, and the 30s will have close to double the output in the mid and upper bass(45-100hz). So I don't think moving to dual XV15se would feel like an upgrade. Let's be sure we have the 30s optimized before jumping ahead of ourselves though.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
post #15576 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1791 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Taking the next 2 days off of work to play.
This is what I call dedication I am sure you will be amazed.
tvuong is online now  
post #15577 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,510
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Just got a call from the shipping company....T-18s will be at my house tomorrow between 9a-noon!!

Taking the next 2 days off of work to play.
Yessssssss!!! Congrats Alan!
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #15578 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Red99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Hello Red,

How much placement flexibility is there in the room? I ask because I would be curious as to how NF(near field) placement sounded in this environment. I'd say 16-18hz would be about right. There should be a sudden drop off though unless it is related to a room mode in some way.

The XS30se are a bit better than the XV15se even in a large room environment like this. The 30s are going to extend a bit deeper, they will have similar output capabilities in the deep bass, and the 30s will have close to double the output in the mid and upper bass(45-100hz). So I don't think moving to dual XV15se would feel like an upgrade. Let's be sure we have the 30s optimized before jumping ahead of ourselves though.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom, I don't have the 30s! I have two XS15se's. I did some more measurements tonight. A little different than before. This time I used the sensitivity factor pasted in my calibration file instead of calibrating the mic with the SPL. And I found a 5 dB difference at 70 dB.

I have a little flexibility with placement. When I did the crawl, only one spot had more loudness, but I couldnt tell if the sound was better, and that was on the left side of the sofa next to the left surround speaker.

I did one compression run and another with each sub and then both together. Let me know what you see out of this. It seems to fall on its face right after about 19 Hz but then picks back up before running off the graph.
The 2nd graph lower measurements are each sub. The top two measurements are both subs on together
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left sub compression.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	428170   Click image for larger version

Name:	both subs.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	428178  



Last edited by Red99; 12-17-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Red99 is offline  
post #15579 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 672
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerpc389 View Post
Just received in my dual XS30SE's yesterday and just wow....They were fantastic sounding!! Once I got them dialed in with my system I was very impressed with how tight, controlled, and deep the bass was. I had never heard or owned sealed subs before, only ported. In my current theater room of 3000 Sq ft these shook the walls! Very impressed and very happy! Tom answered at least twenty of my questions prior to purchase and also afterwards. Very impressed with customer service and the overall experience. Looking forward to years of use out of these!!!
just so you know, the customer service you get from them does NOT stop when you purchase one. they are just as helpful a year after the sale as they are just before it. you won't find better than jim and tom...they are top notch in every facet.
Mike Butny and majek 60 like this.
digler84 is offline  
post #15580 of 37548 Old 12-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
dvzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anyone has a good advice on how to blend XS15 (non-SE) for stereo 2.1 music into my humble setup of Harmon Kardon HK 3490 stereo receiver with line-level Sub Out but no bass management. I have to use crossover on the XS15. Speakers are NHT SuperOne bookshelves with lows being around 80Hz. I cannot find a good test tracks to use for that or any settings that will work. So far after a LOT of trial and error, the XS15 underwhelm big time right now but I know it is due to settings. I did all the drills from the manual but I think I missing a big trick somewhere because my setup is stereo receiver not typical HT.

Thanks.
dvzzz is online now  
post #15581 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerpc389 View Post
Just received in my dual XS30SE's yesterday and just wow....They were fantastic sounding!! Once I got them dialed in with my system I was very impressed with how tight, controlled, and deep the bass was. I had never heard or owned sealed subs before, only ported. In my current theater room of 3000 Sq ft these shook the walls! Very impressed and very happy! Tom answered at least twenty of my questions prior to purchase and also afterwards. Very impressed with customer service and the overall experience. Looking forward to years of use out of these!!!
Congratulations and enjoy your new toys. Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas your presents arrived a little early I see.
Hopinater is online now  
post #15582 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Just got a call from the shipping company....T-18s will be at my house tomorrow between 9a-noon!!

Taking the next 2 days off of work to play.
That's great Alan, you have been waiting for a while now. You're patience is about to pay off. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Enjoy!
Hopinater is online now  
post #15583 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
Anyone has a good advice on how to blend XS15 (non-SE) for stereo 2.1 music into my humble setup of Harmon Kardon HK 3490 stereo receiver with line-level Sub Out but no bass management. I have to use crossover on the XS15. Speakers are NHT SuperOne bookshelves with lows being around 80Hz. I cannot find a good test tracks to use for that or any settings that will work. So far after a LOT of trial and error, the XS15 underwhelm big time right now but I know it is due to settings. I did all the drills from the manual but I think I missing a big trick somewhere because my setup is stereo receiver not typical HT.

Thanks.
REW+Calibrated mic.
Alan P is online now  
post #15584 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
T-18s have landed!


Just one crappy pic for now showing the size difference vs. XS15....these things are HUGE!

Got 'em unboxed and placed all by my lonesome....wasn't too hard once I got 'em on the carpet sliders.


Was about 15 degrees out when they were delivered...how long do I have to wait for them to warm up before I can turn 'em on??

Alan P is online now  
post #15585 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Tom, I don't have the 30s! I have two XS15se's. I did some more measurements tonight. A little different than before. This time I used the sensitivity factor pasted in my calibration file instead of calibrating the mic with the SPL. And I found a 5 dB difference at 70 dB.

I have a little flexibility with placement. When I did the crawl, only one spot had more loudness, but I couldnt tell if the sound was better, and that was on the left side of the sofa next to the left surround speaker.

I did one compression run and another with each sub and then both together. Let me know what you see out of this. It seems to fall on its face right after about 19 Hz but then picks back up before running off the graph.
The 2nd graph lower measurements are each sub. The top two measurements are both subs on together
Red,

You still have one graph set to logarithmic freq axis and one set to linear. Please set all graphs to logarithmic....otherwise it's very difficult to tell what's going on with your FR.
Alan P is online now  
post #15586 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cesar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,047
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 557
THat T-18 looks insane! Congrats

Yippee-ki-yay...
cesar123 is offline  
post #15587 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,357
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
^^^ Alan that XS15 looks like a micro machine next to that T-18.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
JT78681 is offline  
post #15588 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:52 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3517
wooohooo!!!


haha a micro machine!! loved those!! (actually just found my old ones and gave them to my son...too bad he just tore the doors off one that is now worth 50$)

anyhow that thing is massive!! congrats! if it wasn't sitting outside too long....you can fire it up now I would think..

Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #15589 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
dvzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 32
What am I going to do with all the data from REW if my receiver does not have bass mgmt, only controls on the XS15 amp and they are standard, no PEQ to compensate anywhere.

Not sure what how data from REW will solve my issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
REW+Calibrated mic.
dvzzz is online now  
post #15590 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,891
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 6573
fire it up Alan...a little cold is not going to hurt.
basshead81 is offline  
post #15591 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,891
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 6573
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
What am I going to do with all the data from REW if my receiver does not have bass mgmt, only controls on the XS15 amp and they are standard, no PEQ to compensate anywhere.

Not sure what how data from REW will solve my issue...
REW + UMIK-1 + MINI-DSP = Problem Solved.
Alan P likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #15592 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
T-18s have landed!


Just one crappy pic for now showing the size difference vs. XS15....these things are HUGE!

Got 'em unboxed and placed all by my lonesome....wasn't too hard once I got 'em on the carpet sliders.


Was about 15 degrees out when they were delivered...how long do I have to wait for them to warm up before I can turn 'em on??
SWEEEET! Congrats Alan, that thing is massive.
Hopinater is online now  
post #15593 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
Alan P is online now  
post #15594 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:33 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Running Audyssey now.
hurry up!! lol
audiofan1 likes this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #15595 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,510
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
hurry up!! lol
+1
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #15596 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked: 5876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
hurry up!! lol
Yeah, come on already!!!!!
Hopinater is online now  
post #15597 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
OK, Audyssey didn't do so well....put in the MiniDSP and so far got this with Aud off.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre aud.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	429193  
Alan P is online now  
post #15598 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,135
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1791 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
^^ more importantly, how do they sound compare to what you had? Need more pix.
tvuong is online now  
post #15599 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,983
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 3828
I'm gettin there...gimme a minute.
Alan P is online now  
post #15600 of 37548 Old 12-18-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,510
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
OK, Audyssey didn't do so well....put in the MiniDSP and so far got this with Aud off.

Single digits!!!
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , s7201 , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off