Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 526 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15751 of 15769 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 134
^^ Again, sell your 2113 and get XT32 subeqHT avr = subs FR will be better plus speakers sound better
mnc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15752 of 15769 Old Today, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ Again, sell your 2113 and get XT32 subeqHT avr = subs FR will be better plus speakers sound better
Working on it, working on it.....

Any recommendations? To save some bucks, I'm looking at a refurb X4000 from A4L......
post #15753 of 15769 Old Today, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Call sound distributor in Vegas. Cheapest place when I got my new X4000.
I don't think you get warranty from A4L.

Last edited by tvuong; Today at 10:41 AM.
post #15754 of 15769 Old Today, 10:45 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I don't think Audyssey pro can do much more than let you adjust 3db.
Ok but might it sound better? Seems like doing too much EQ with the mini is causing a negative effect on the sound.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, 65VT50
post #15755 of 15769 Old Today, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Ok but might it sound better? Seems like doing too much EQ with the mini is causing a negative effect on the sound.
I dont think you will notice much of a difference between Audyssey XT32 and the pro kit but I haven't used the pro kit.

I wonder if everyone would be having problems if they were using the balanced version? Seems like the unbalanced kit has some limitations.
post #15756 of 15769 Old Today, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I've had my MiniDSP for about a year now and that is exactly my experience every time I try to use it.

I've pretty much given up on it now. Maybe when I get a new AVR it will behave differently, but I doubt it.
Has anyone tried a different DSP than MiniDSP? I seen some others, but more expensive.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
post #15757 of 15769 Old Today, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Has anyone tried a different DSP than MiniDSP? I seen some others, but more expensive.
I am using a minidsp 10x10 with my 4 triax's and so far it is working great.
post #15758 of 15769 Old Today, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 772
From all accounts audyssey pro has very little advantage over xt32 in the newest gen receivers
post #15759 of 15769 Old Today, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Hey Lowell, I don't know if you have looked over this link that I'm including but if you haven't it will help answer some of your questions if you read it through (questions about smoothing and calibrations etc). I'm new to REW as well and it was very helpful to me to read through this and follow the step by step guide.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...101%20v3.9.pdf

Hop, I have read through it many time while playing with it. Each time learning a little more. That's what helped me to finally get the ASIO working over JAVA. My biggest issue is sometimes I don't know why I am taking the steps I am taking and what it's supposed to lead to. I am no sound engineer, just a hobbiest with a good ear. Still debating on the MiniDSP addition or adding a Y-splitter to each sub. I am getting clipping at the higher volumes so I don't know if that would help. By the way, that is what REW is saying, I can't hear the clipping.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #15760 of 15769 Old Today, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Well, there's your problem right there dude. Get a mic boom and you'll get consistent measurements.

To try and explain the discrepancy in levels; are these measurements of CH4 (LFE)? If they are, you are good to go on SPL calibration....if not, there's still something wrong.

Don't bother with those Magnolia guys....they know less than you, I guarantee it.

This is just a hobby, so do I just google a mic boom? Also, I don't know what CH4 means, so I am not sure if I am doing it. My SPL meter is a simple one that Tom recommended. I am sure it's fine though. My only concern is there is never a steady noise level. If I am trying to hit 75db, I usually look for the meter to bounce between 74.something and 76.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #15761 of 15769 Old Today, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I just bought the boom mic

What is the attachment I need for both umik and the one for audyssey mic??
post #15762 of 15769 Old Today, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Hmmm…. Now I'm back to where I was before. Right now I'm running MultiEq XT. A while ago I was planning on buying the Denon X4000 to get XT32 to dial in the subs but that was going to be about $800 so then I was hoping that I could spend $105 on a minidsp to solve any sub issues. Now I'm back to wondering what I should do.
post #15763 of 15769 Old Today, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Hmmm…. Now I'm back to where I was before. Right now I'm running MultiEq XT. A while ago I was planning on buying the Denon X4000 to get XT32 to dial in the subs but that was going to be about $800 so then I was hoping that I could spend $105 on a minidsp to solve any sub issues. Now I'm back to wondering what I should do.
I am in similar boat (I am using YPAO) and I dont like it. I am considering an Anthem receiver to get ARC though..by most accounts it does a better job than any Audysey variant
post #15764 of 15769 Old Today, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post
This is just a hobby, so do I just google a mic boom? Also, I don't know what CH4 means, so I am not sure if I am doing it. My SPL meter is a simple one that Tom recommended. I am sure it's fine though. My only concern is there is never a steady noise level. If I am trying to hit 75db, I usually look for the meter to bounce between 74.something and 76.
Go here to look at boom mic stands.

http://www.parts-express.com/Search....itesearch=true
post #15765 of 15769 Old Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hop. I wouldn't be too discouraged. I was always happy with my minidsp. But I am thinking now I'm in a larger room with concrete floor I am asking too much of the minidsp. I never realized it cut 3db because I didn't need the headroom. But now I guess I do and it just doesn't work for me. The signal was defiantly clipping causing the bad sounds.

Like I said ran WotW again today at -5 and without minidsp. And no bad sounds. And tons of bass (more than I have ever had in my basement theater) makes me wish I figured this out earlier. Would have saved my 500$ from buying a buttkicker kit. Although that is still useful when the wife is asleep until I can soundproof the room

Hop I'd be willing to ship you mine to try it out. If it works for you then you can pay me for it. If you don't like it and it doesn't work you can send it back to me. Lmk
Hopinater likes this.
post #15766 of 15769 Old Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I really like XT32 over MultiEq XT. I used to run Multi XT and always ended up turning it off. However, with XT32 I don't turn it off. I try it every way possible, but nothing sounds as good as it. Even with all more acoustic control I though I might not need it, but it just sounds richer and fuller. XT32 is what's keeping me focused on a Denon X5200 vs Onkyo 3030 if I go to Atmos. I can get them for about $16 difference so I would lean towards the 3030 if it wasn't for the XT32.

Thanks for pointing to Parts Express in the other post. I should have know to look there.

Lowell

post #15767 of 15769 Old Today, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Hop. I wouldn't be too discouraged. I was always happy with my minidsp. But I am thinking now I'm in a larger room with concrete floor I am asking too much of the minidsp. I never realized it cut 3db because I didn't need the headroom. But now I guess I do and it just doesn't work for me. The signal was defiantly clipping causing the bad sounds.

Like I said ran WotW again today at -5 and without minidsp. And no bad sounds. And tons of bass (more than I have ever had in my basement theater) makes me wish I figured this out earlier. Would have saved my 500$ from buying a buttkicker kit. Although that is still useful when the wife is asleep until I can soundproof the room

Hop I'd be willing to ship you mine to try it out. If it works for you then you can pay me for it. If you don't like it and it doesn't work you can send it back to me. Lmk
Thanks for that offer Brian, that's very nice of you. I'll have to think about this a little more because I still plan on getting something with XT32 sometime in the future but the question is when.

I had every intention of getting the X4000 this year because I wasn't interested in Atmos. But then I read your positive comments on Atmos and I decided I had better rethink everything. After all the last thing I want to do is buy another AVR and then want to upgrade it within a year (been there done that and don't want to do it again).

On the bright side I'm happy right now with the sound of my subs in their new positions.

Hmmmm…. Decisions decisions.
post #15768 of 15769 Old Today, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I just bought the boom mic

What is the attachment I need for both umik and the one for audyssey mic??
The umik should attach with nothing else needed - might need to take the brass/metal inset out if the bottom of the umik holder.

I have an extra attachment that will hold the Audyssey mic that I ordered by mistake.

Can ship it to you for just the shipping cost. PM me if interested. It is this one:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CameraAdapt?adpos=1o2&creative=55673940721&device= m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CPaYyp7x18ICFY_m7Aod9 xsA1g
post #15769 of 15769 Old Today, 03:09 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Thanks for that offer Brian, that's very nice of you. I'll have to think about this a little more because I still plan on getting something with XT32 sometime in the future but the question is when.

I had every intention of getting the X4000 this year because I wasn't interested in Atmos. But then I read your positive comments on Atmos and I decided I had better rethink everything. After all the last thing I want to do is buy another AVR and then want to upgrade it within a year (been there done that and don't want to do it again).

On the bright side I'm happy right now with the sound of my subs in their new positions.

Hmmmm…. Decisions decisions.
This, along with the great close out price, is why I decided to get the Denon 4520 BEFORE getting new subs. XT32 and SubEQ make everything sound better now and will make managing dual subs easier when I finally get them.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, 65VT50
post #15770 of 15769 Old Today, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For the ones looking at boom mic stands, I ordered this one of amazon and its amazing stand for the price. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000978D58/...541860_TE_dp_1
And I ordered this adapter for the Audessy Mic. But this is for my AV-7702 that uses Aduessy XT32, so I dont know if it will work with others. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GWCC4I/...541850_TE_item

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page