Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 527 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #15781 of 15786 Unread Today, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thought I'd join this post since I'm thinking about upgrading my subs. There is two models from PSA I've been eyeing, either the XS30se or XV30se. Has anyone heard both? Which one do you like more? Originally was considering the XS because I experienced some port noise (not much) but some to start to annoy me. These will be used in my living room, not a dedicated HT room.

Coming from (2) Outlaw LFM-1EX subs. Room is 20x19 and around 3600 cubic feet. 90% Movies/TV 10% Music

My other possible upgrade options are:
Rythmik FV15hp
SVS SB13-Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15782 of 15786 Unread Today, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 362
@Toe , from reading the AH reviews from Gene D he says the ceiling and the modules are a night and day difference, the cielng speakers blow away the modules, he has actual experience with both.

@Randy , you're right about 5.1 (2) and 7.1(2), the extra back two channels don't do much for me either. I may have to try Toe's reco and go with front wides as I have a pair I could use and see what I think. The 210s being a direct radiating speaker it might add something, what I don't know but Toe likes them.

@Alan , I'm in the same camp as you and I think I'm going to hold off on the Atmos and get XT32 Sub EQ for sure, especially last years models could be had for a lot less.

I have a 3D capable TV and it's supposed to be pretty good at that and I have never used or tried it, glasses are still in the boxes.
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #15783 of 15786 Unread Today, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Jeff I was thinking the exact same way as you until I saw Brian's impression of Atmos.

Just a FYI, you don't have to put in the ceiling speakers, another option is the speaker modules that you can place on top of your L and R speakers, they fire up at an angle and reflect off the ceiling. I have read that they work pretty well. But I have no first hand experience.

The more I contemplate it, the more options I realize there are. You can really make your own "Atmos enabled speakers" it's all about the angles for reflection. There are also ceiling mount of satellites as options.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #15784 of 15786 Unread Today, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
To me, Atmos sounds like the the real deal....but I'm gonna wait until the whole Atmos/Auro 3D thing shakes out. It reminds of the BluRay/HD-DVD thing from a few years back and early adopters could get the shaft.

I'll be waiting at least a year before upgrading to Atmos and/or 4K.....for now I just really want an XT32 AVR.

I agree, unless there is some major announcement by Dolby at CES, something like "we have 50 movies coming out in Atmos this year on Bluray", I am going to have to wait. Even then, first gen Atmos receivers are pretty much have 1 or 2 year life spans as far as future proofing.
ahblaza likes this.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #15785 of 15786 Unread Today, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
To me, Atmos sounds like the the real deal....but I'm gonna wait until the whole Atmos/Auro 3D thing shakes out. It reminds of the BluRay/HD-DVD thing from a few years back and early adopters could get the shaft.

I'll be waiting at least a year before upgrading to Atmos and/or 4K.....for now I just really want an XT32 AVR.
I was thinking of the same thing. Another VHS vs Beta or BR vs HD-DVD war. Everytime I turn on my Marantz I get this message asking me to upgrade to Auro3D. Which isn't a free upgrade. I click "Ignore" and it still keeps popping up every time I turn on the Preamp. There seems to be quite a few movies out for it. But Im not going to get caught again investing in the wrong format. I have 2 HD-DVD players that I paid over $500 each that or just DVD players now. I learned my lesson. lol

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player

Last edited by Red99; Today at 10:40 PM.
post #15786 of 15786 Unread Today, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also I would like to ad that the speaker placement of Auro 3D and Dolby Atmos is not the same. I read the Auro had a better layout. But that was one persons opinion that reviewed it. But something to think about if you are planning on installing ceiling speakers.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page