Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 528 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #15811 of 15821 Unread Today, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Could someone tell me what this means, I have REW downloaded but the computer I want to use it with is showing this when I download it. I try to do something in the sound card and this shows up. I try to download the current version and this show up also. I have no problems with downloading on the other two computers but the one I want to use keeps telling me this error, please help. Do you think until I configure it that could be the problem? TIA
Cheers Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	message REW errors 002.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	435978  

j_nordi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15812 of 15821 Unread Today, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is this from trying to download it, install it, or opening it up?

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
post #15813 of 15821 Unread Today, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
remember every 3db of boost below 30hz effectively cuts amplifier power in half. So a 10db boost at 20hz would effectively turn a 550 watt amp into 125watts. The reason being you will be asking for full amplifier power at 20hz when the rest of the frequency range above that may only be getting 125watts of power. To sum it up, if you could get 115db out of your subs above 30hz, then you will only have 105db available above 30hz after the boost. sure you might be a flat 105db from 16-100hz with the eq boost, but I would rather have 115db available from 30hz on up and only 95db at 16hz. you need to have the headroom available first, then worry about extension. If you want both then you need more subs for A) more output and B) a smoother response.
Maybe this is a good reason why some of the 18 inch subs has 4000 watts?

Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
post #15814 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 780
The mini didn't have the voltage so was clipping the signal. I have heard of this before with the minidsp but never had it happen til now

The room gain is only for my extension. Nothing more. I think with my new sealed room I will be getting single digit response. Since my old room was more open.
ahblaza likes this.
post #15815 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Could someone tell me what this means, I have REW downloaded but the computer I want to use it with is showing this when I download it. I try to do something in the sound card and this shows up. I try to download the current version and this show up also. I have no problems with downloading on the other two computers but the one I want to use keeps telling me this error, please help. Do you think until I configure it that could be the problem? TIA
Cheers Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Is this from trying to download it, install it, or opening it up?
If I remember correctly (it's been some time) that looks like the message I got when I opened REW without my UMIK-1 attached.

Edit: Yep, I just checked, that message comes up if I launch REW without the mic attached.

Last edited by Saturn94; Today at 08:15 PM.
post #15816 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
If I remember correctly (it's been some time) that looks like the message I got when I opened REW without my UMIK-1 attached.

Edit: Yep, I just checked, that message comes up if I launch REW without the mic attached.
I can open REW on my desktop and there is no mic or anything hooked up. Need to understand where this message is coming up. From trying to download, install, or open the application.

VIDEO:
post #15817 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

Thank you Saturn, I also think that's the problem as well, it's only on the sound card option of REW when I click preferences, I was just checking things out in REW without any devices connected or anything else for that matter. I get all the other functions like SPL meter etc. Thanks, I will try and see if that's the problem. Or just use the laptop and try to understand 8.1, very unfamiliar with it.
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #15818 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Cheers Jeff
Are you using a Mac or a PC?

VIDEO:
post #15819 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Thank you Saturn, I also think that's the problem as well, it's only on the sound card option of REW when I click preferences, I was just checking things out in REW without any devices connected or anything else for that matter. I get all the other functions like SPL meter etc. Thanks, I will try and see if that's the problem. Or just use the laptop and try to understand 8.1, very unfamiliar with it.
Cheers Jeff
I hope that helped. Btw, the laptop I'm using with REW is running Windows Vista SP2.
post #15820 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Are you using a Mac or a PC?
I'm using a PC and a laptop, I have no problems with opening REW on them or downloading the newer version on those two devices but when I use the PC that I want to use with REW, I open it and that error comes up, when I try to download the newer version I get the same error. Maybe I have to have a mic or something connected. I don't see that mixer on my laptop 8.1 but I do see the mixer on my other PC vista, I've tried everything looking for that mixer in the computers hardware and can't find it, on the newer PC it's there. I don't think I even need that though as I won't be using the sound card with HDMI correct?

j_nordi
post #15821 of 15821 Unread Today, 08:58 PM

Are you using the lastest Beta version?

VIDEO:
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page