Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 554 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #16591 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That could indicate the cable is getting some EMI. If it is running parallel to AC cords try to re arrange things so it crosses the AC cords in a *X* fashion. Perpendicular.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Exactly! Even when putting in audio in a car, one of the No-No's is running the 12V power line to the amp along with the speaker wires.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16592 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I purchased the sub directly from the boys at PSA and I believe I got their last original XV15 (without the base). Anyway, I found that the sub will go into stand-by and stay after about 3 hours. Tom thinks it may be the amp needs to be re-flashed and is sending me out a replacement tomorrow. So far, excellent customer service from PSA and makes me glad to be a (3) time owner
Gov, I didn't know you got it from PSA, no problem there, they make everything right. I happy to hear that all is well, amp swap takes about 10 minutes or less. You have more subs than me that has to change verrrrry soon. I bet you feel a lot better now.
Cheers Jeff
Gov likes this.
post #16593 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post
I have a question for you guys. I'm about to buy my 2nd XV-15, and was wondering do any of you have your subs connected wirelessly? If so what do y'all use? Thanks in advance.
I know a couple of the guys use them here on this thread with excellent results, they will chime in soon.

May be this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfi...20479&skuId=69

Last edited by ahblaza; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.
post #16594 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
If you want timely, quality and accountability - Smart man avoiding UPS and USPS.
The only thing worse is that shipping method where it starts as UPS and is then handed off to USPS=nightmare
So true, I absolutely hate that.
post #16595 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Can you order these or did you do something special to get it? Sweet mug Brian!
I think Tom gives them to return PSA customers. I got one when I did the SE upgrades. Should of bought some MTM's instead of CX's then you could of had one too. Lol
Tom sent me a pair when I bought dual xs30's :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
post #16596 of 16604 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Quote:
I have a question for you guys. I'm about to buy my 2nd XV-15, and was wondering do any of you have your subs connected wirelessly? If so what do y'all use? Thanks in advance.
I know a couple of the guys use them here on this thread with excellent results, they will chime in soon.

May be this one:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfi...20479&skuId=69
Thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely take a look at them.
post #16597 of 16604 Old Today, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
I've used the Rocketfish kit from Bestbuy with great results. For what it does and it's price it's a no brainer compared to the more expensive kits out there.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #16598 of 16604 Old Today, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Quote:
I've used the Rocketfish kit from Bestbuy with great results. For what it does and it's price it's a no brainer compared to the more expensive kits out there.
Thanks, I seen those and thought well for 50 bucks they probably don't work to good. Lol, but hey that works for me, I'm about to spend a bunch on new equipment so I'll gladly pay that price.
post #16599 of 16604 Unread Today, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 1830
I have 2 pairs of Rocket fish wireless devices and they have been working great for almost 2yrs now. The only thing I wish I had done is bought a pair sooner...they definitely allow more placement options to dial in the subs response.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #16600 of 16604 Unread Today, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Wanted to post my impressions of my dual XV-15se after a very fun weekend of playing in the home theater and fine tuning these. Ill get straight to the point. My system has never sounded better. These are fantastic subs and do exactly what I wanted them to do; keep up with my JBL 4670Ds at or around reference without compression and sound tuneful while doing it. Done, done, and done. My old HSU VTF-2.4s failed in all three of these areas. It kinda makes me upset how long I went before upgrading. Reference level with no compression is absolutely exhilarating!

It amazes me how wonderful of a company PSA is. Tom V. and Jim have created what I believe is the standard in which all other companies should strive for. Ive never seen an owner as passionate, patient, helpful, and intelligent as Tom V. This has been one of the best experiences Ive had in buying gear and having it live up to the hype or exceed it. Cheers to PSA!!!
newc33 and cesar123 like this.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #16601 of 16604 Unread Today, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
Wanted to post my impression of my dual XV-15se after a very fun weekend of playing in the home theater and fine tuning these. Ill get straight to the point. My system has never sounded better. These are fantastic subs and do exactly what I wanted them to do; keep up with my JBL 4670Ds at or around reference without compression and sound tuneful while doing it. Done, done, and done. My old HSU VTF-2.4s failed in all three of these areas. It kinda makes me upset how long I went before upgrading. Reference level with no compression is absolutely exhilarating!

It amazes me how wonderful of a company PSA is. Tom V. and Jim have created what I believe is the standard in which all other companies should strive for. Ive never seen an owner as passionate, patient, helpful, and intelligent as Tom V. This has been one of the best experiences Ive had in buying gear and having it live up to the hype or exceed it. Cheers to PSA!!!
Congrats on your new subs.

I have never communicated with Jim, but I can speak for Tom. that he is a really good person, and not just a salesman trying to push a product then dump you. I even seem him post on RA thread helping people over there. How cool is that. He seems to be more into helping to make people happy, even if its not his product. That is a lot of class. The other thing is I think he works 20 hours a day because he seems to always have time to answer questions for people. Not like a couple other people (Competitors) that seems too busy to answer messages or may answer back in a couple of weeks if you re lucky. So with PSA, you have really good and fast responsive AAA support. Which is very important in making a purchase.
Reddig likes this.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
Klipsch RF7-II's, Klipsch RC64-II (Soon), Klipsch RS62-II (Soon), (2) XS15se subs.

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
post #16602 of 16604 Unread Today, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Congrats on your new subs.

I have never communicated with Jim, but I can speak for Tom. that he is a really good person, and not just a salesman trying to push a product then dump you. I even seem him post on RA thread helping people over there. How cool is that. He seems to be more into helping to make people happy, even if its not his product. That is a lot of class. The other thing is I think he works 20 hours a day because he seems to always have time to answer questions for people. Not like a couple other people (Competitors) that seems too busy to answer messages or may answer back in a couple of weeks if you re lucky. So with PSA, you have really good and fast responsive AAA support. Which is very important in making a purchase.
Absolutely! I read through this entire thread and was so impressed with the way Tom would work to help everyone who needed it. Just top notch. Mad respect for that man and his products.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #16603 of 16604 Unread Today, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I guess I missed something...what happened to the XV-30? I don't see it on the website anymore.
post #16604 of 16604 Unread Today, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I have 2 pairs of Rocket fish wireless devices and they have been working great for almost 2yrs now. The only thing I wish I had done is bought a pair sooner...they definitely allow more placement options to dial in the subs response.
Thanks Bass that's good to hear, I'm about to order me a pair. I been thinking about going wireless with the one I already have, but wasn't sure how they would work. Thanks for the feed back.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page