Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 555 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #16621 of 16626 Old Today, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1224 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckley44 View Post
Just started using Rew for the first Time and I notice That on page 49 of getting started with Rew PDF I am not getting the SPL Reading Calibration window like the example shows you to set to 80db like your spl meter.
also on page 50 not getting Calibration completed window?
I'm also assuming that when you purchase the umik 1 mic from TV and download the cal file it already has a sensitivity file pasted in the file at the top of it.?
Yeah, if you have a mic with a sensitivity factor line in the cal file you will be unable to calibrate the SPL in REW. You're good to go.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC64ii, SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4, SUB: PSA T-18 x 2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16622 of 16626 Old Today, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by cembros View Post
Are there any disadvantages to using the wireless device?
Potentially.

I used one for a bit with subs that flanked my couch. Each about 4 feet from my main LP. After putting them in the chain and running Audyssey it had the distance set at 28ft. So the delay in getting from the receiver to the subs adds about 25ft to the sub distance calculated by Audyssey. I believe the max sub distance in Audyssey is 30ft. I am guessing if the subs would have been further away from my LP then audyssey would not have been able to calculate correctly.
post #16623 of 16626 Unread Today, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'd like a lot more punch/mid-bass. I have 2 XV15se's being pushed by a little x1000. any ideas on what the best route to take here would be? My old dual 12's of a different manu couldn't come close to the range/depth/richness of these but they had punch for days. mmm...puuunnnch.

DT BP7001SC (LR)
DT CLR3000 (C)
DT SM45 (Rears)
2x PSA XV15se (SW)
Denon AVR X1000
post #16624 of 16626 Unread Today, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckley44 View Post
Just started using Rew for the first Time and I notice That on page 49 of getting started with Rew PDF I am not getting the SPL Reading Calibration window like the example shows you to set to 80db like your spl meter.
also on page 50 not getting Calibration completed window?
I'm also assuming that when you purchase the umik 1 mic from TV and download the cal file it already has a sensitivity file pasted in the file at the top of it.?
Post a graph and some questions, I'm sure the boys can get you on the right track

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #16625 of 16626 Unread Today, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Potentially.

I used one for a bit with subs that flanked my couch. Each about 4 feet from my main LP. After putting them in the chain and running Audyssey it had the distance set at 28ft. So the delay in getting from the receiver to the subs adds about 25ft to the sub distance calculated by Audyssey. I believe the max sub distance in Audyssey is 30ft. I am guessing if the subs would have been further away from my LP then audyssey would not have been able to calculate correctly.
From what I gather, this is not correct.

Audyssey can set distances longer than 30', you just can't adjust them. Not sure how you'd do the distance tweak, but that's what I've read here.

@basshead81 has the wireless sub kits and I know his subs get calibrated further than 30', maybe he'll chime in soon.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC64ii, SUR: Polk LS F/X x 4, SUB: PSA T-18 x 2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #16626 of 16626 Unread Today, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinlied View Post
I'd like a lot more punch/mid-bass. I have 2 XV15se's being pushed by a little x1000. any ideas on what the best route to take here would be? My old dual 12's of a different manu couldn't come close to the range/depth/richness of these but they had punch for days. mmm...puuunnnch.
Have you done any/all of the below? Have you read the Audyssey 101 linked in my sig?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Set the gain on the sub to around 12:00-2:00 (just a starting point, gain structure can vary greatly from one manufacturer to another). Set phase to "0".

1. Connect sub and place it at the MLP
2. Do the sub crawl to determine the best location
3. Place sub in that location
4. Run Audyssey, first mic position only and "calculate"
5. Look to see where Audyssey has set your sub trim, you want it to be around -5db to -8db ideally
6. Adjust the gain on the sub up or down as needed
7. Repeat 4-6 until you get the sub trim around -5db to -8db
8. Run the full Audyssey calibration
9. Bump up the sub trim by 3db to 6db to your preference
10. Enjoy!

Hope this helps!

Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page