Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 581 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #17401 of 17419 Old Today, 01:31 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by satfam View Post
Just placed my order for 2 V1500. These are going to replace 1 VTF15H mk1. My 11.1 system is all GE: Triton 2, Supercenter XL, Supersat 50s and Supersat 3s for the width and height channels. Looking forward to installing the new subs. But not hauling them upstairs to the HT.
Wonder if you got the last 2 of the V1500 on the 1st production run. Before I placed my order on the weekend, there were 3 V1500 left for the 1st production run. If it was, good thing I didn't get a dual, or you would've missed out
joxong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17402 of 17419 Old Today, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxong View Post
Wonder if you got the last 2 of the V1500 on the 1st production run. Before I placed my order on the weekend, there were 3 V1500 left for the 1st production run. If it was, good thing I didn't get a dual, or you would've missed out
I need to do a count today but we may be 100% sold out on the first run of V1500s

We're switching some scheduled builds for the 3rd and 4th weeks of March to get more V1500 cabinets here to minimize the length of any outage.

The S1500s are definitely sold out for the first production run.

Same story---we're switching cabinet production to minimize the length of outage.

I'll try to update everyone asap*(this afternoon).

EDIT, we have 1 or 2 of the S1500 and V1500 left on the first run. Just made a formal count of the actual orders. We have a couple "hold for me" requests but I have let those know an order must be placed.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Last edited by Tom Vodhanel; Today at 10:28 AM.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #17403 of 17419 Old Today, 10:17 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I need to do a count today but we may be 100% sold out on the first run of V1500s

We're switching some scheduled builds for the 3rd and 4th weeks of March to get more V1500 cabinets here to minimize the length of any outage.

The S1500s are definitely sold out for the first production run.

Same story---we're switching cabinet production to minimize the length of outage.

I'll try to update everyone asap*(this afternoon).

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom, I think I will try to order on Friday March 27th. I sure hope you have one for me!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA V1500
mnc is online now  
post #17404 of 17419 Old Today, 10:32 AM
Member
 
oshia86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Do you still have some xv15se's in stock?
oshia86 is offline  
post #17405 of 17419 Old Today, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshia86 View Post
Do you still have some xv15se's in stock?
Yes, good on XV15se and XS30se, very limited on XS15se.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #17406 of 17419 Old Today, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Tom, I think I will try to order on Friday March 27th. I sure hope you have one for me!
We're probably looking at that week (23-27th) to see the second production run on the V1500 cabinets.

I think those guys are doing 50-60 hour weeks right now trying to keep up..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #17407 of 17419 Old Today, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
xFreshEntrailsX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 381
I;m posting here becasue I'm measuring my xs30se, If i need to post in the REW thread instead let me know.

When you guys post graphs here, is it of sub only? or combination or F+Sub, C+Sub, R+Sub. R+L+Sub?

Also when I try measuring Sub only I select HDMI audio out 4. But my mic runs out of head room. When measuring R+Sub or any other combination its fine. I have AVR volume set at -20 for all measurements i've done.

Any advice would be great.

Onkyo TX-NR929, QSC GX5, Polk Audio RtiA9's, CsiA6, F/XiA6's, RtiA3's,PSA xs30se, Xbox 360, PS3, hopper w/Sling, Samsung 55" LED, All controlled with a Harmony One
xFreshEntrailsX is online now  
post #17408 of 17419 Old Today, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 4,179
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post
I;m posting here becasue I'm measuring my xs30se, If i need to post in the REW thread instead let me know.

When you guys post graphs here, is it of sub only? or combination or F+Sub, C+Sub, R+Sub. R+L+Sub?

Also when I try measuring Sub only I select HDMI audio out 4. But my mic runs out of head room. When measuring R+Sub or any other combination its fine. I have AVR volume set at -20 for all measurements i've done.

Any advice would be great.
What mic are you using?

To gain headroom try turning down the mic volume in Windows.

HDMI4 is the LFE channel and outputs 10db higher than all other channels. Turn the MV down 10db and you'll be fine.

You want to measure all of the above; F+Sub, C+Sub, R+Sub, R+L+Sub. If you are mainly movies, the C+sub is the most important, and the one you will use to perform the sub distance tweak.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Alan P is online now  
post #17409 of 17419 Old Today, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
xFreshEntrailsX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFreshEntrailsX View Post
I;m posting here becasue I'm measuring my xs30se, If i need to post in the REW thread instead let me know.

When you guys post graphs here, is it of sub only? or combination or F+Sub, C+Sub, R+Sub. R+L+Sub?

Also when I try measuring Sub only I select HDMI audio out 4. But my mic runs out of head room. When measuring R+Sub or any other combination its fine. I have AVR volume set at -20 for all measurements i've done.

Any advice would be great.
What mic are you using?

To gain headroom try turning down the mic volume in Windows.

HDMI4 is the LFE channel and outputs 10db higher than all other channels. Turn the MV down 10db and you'll be fine.

You want to measure all of the above; F+Sub, C+Sub, R+Sub, R+L+Sub. If you are mainly movies, the C+sub is the most important, and the one you will use to perform the sub distance tweak.
I'm using a Umik-1 that I got from PSA. I'll try turning down the mic.
xFreshEntrailsX is online now  
post #17410 of 17419 Old Today, 03:49 PM
Member
 
satfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I need to do a count today but we may be 100% sold out on the first run of V1500s

We're switching some scheduled builds for the 3rd and 4th weeks of March to get more V1500 cabinets here to minimize the length of any outage.

The S1500s are definitely sold out for the first production run.

Same story---we're switching cabinet production to minimize the length of outage.

I'll try to update everyone asap*(this afternoon).

EDIT, we have 1 or 2 of the S1500 and V1500 left on the first run. Just made a formal count of the actual orders. We have a couple "hold for me" requests but I have let those know an order must be placed.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
So Tom, did my order make the 1st V1500 run? I ordered duals yesterday--GS. Thanks.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by satfam; Today at 03:52 PM.
satfam is online now  
post #17411 of 17419 Old Today, 04:18 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Well my long journey to my first subwoofer is finally over. Just placed my order for a V1500!!!!!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA V1500
mnc is online now  
post #17412 of 17419 Old Today, 05:22 PM
Member
 
versicolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just placed an order for an xv15se. I'm going to demo that for awhile and if its not enough or I'm not satisfied then I will send it back and order up a v1500. I'm pretty excited. Its been awhile since I had a real sub in my system so I'm ready for this. Tom V is awesome BTW. He's as good as everyone says. Should be in my home by Friday. Woohoo! I can hardly wait.
mnc likes this.
versicolor is online now  
post #17413 of 17419 Old Today, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Well my long journey to my first subwoofer is finally over. Just placed my order for a V1500!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by versicolor View Post
I just placed an order for an xv15se. I'm going to demo that for awhile and if its not enough or I'm not satisfied then I will send it back and order up a v1500. I'm pretty excited. Its been awhile since I had a real sub in my system so I'm ready for this. Tom V is awesome BTW. He's as good as everyone says. Should be in my home by Friday. Woohoo! I can hardly wait.
Congrats to both of you. Hopefully weather won't slow them from getting delivered on time.
mnc likes this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17414 of 17419 Old Today, 05:51 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Congrats to both of you. Hopefully weather won't slow them from getting delivered on time.
Gonna be a couple of weeks before the V1500 ships. Part of the reason I went ahead and ordered instead of waiting. I just managed to get in on the First production run! Too bad I didn't act fast enough to get a free Umik.
I can't wait!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA V1500
mnc is online now  
post #17415 of 17419 Unread Today, 06:09 PM
Member
 
versicolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's actually why I decided to order the xv15se instead. If I had to wait for the v1500 anyways I figured I might as well audition the xv15se and maybe I'll be completely satisfied with that. by the time the v1500 sub's are ready to ship I'll have had the chance to demo the xv15 for awhile and if I need more I'll send it back and order up a v1500. I'm.hoping I won't even want to order the v1500. I guess time will.tell.
versicolor is online now  
post #17416 of 17419 Unread Today, 06:18 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 1,963
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 133
^^^^
Good plan!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA V1500
mnc is online now  
post #17417 of 17419 Unread Today, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,250
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by versicolor View Post
That's actually why I decided to order the xv15se instead. If I had to wait for the v1500 anyways I figured I might as well audition the xv15se and maybe I'll be completely satisfied with that. by the time the v1500 sub's are ready to ship I'll have had the chance to demo the xv15 for awhile and if I need more I'll send it back and order up a v1500. I'm.hoping I won't even want to order the v1500. I guess time will.tell.
Problem is most if not all of us always want more even if you satisfy with the xv, you will be wondering what the v1500 will bring. From the spec, the V1500 will dig deeper beside having a little higher output and I always prefer the deeper extension over the 1-2db extra output, especially if one does not listen louder than -15MV (my norm level). If I was you, I would order the V1500 now so that you will have both subs to compare during the free trial/return period and decide if it worths the $150 price difference. Once you hear what deep extension can do for your movie watching experience, I bet you will keep the v1500.
oneeyeblind likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #17418 of 17419 Unread Today, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Problem is most if not all of us always want more even if you satisfy with the xv, you will be wondering what the v1500 will bring. From the spec, the V1500 will dig deeper beside having a little higher output and I always prefer the deeper extension over the 1-2db extra output, especially if one does not listen louder than -15MV (my norm level). If I was you, I would order the V1500 now so that you will have both subs to compare during the free trial/return period and decide if it worths the $150 price difference. Once you hear what deep extension can do for your movie watching experience, I bet you will keep the v1500.
Good points and a good idea.

Of course that's assuming his room allows for the deep extension to be experienced at the MLP. I found out the hard way that a room's set up can nullify the lower extension of your subwoofer(s) at the MLP. Luckily REW revealed the flaw in my room configuration and allowed me to move things around until I was able to smooth things out. But you are right, most of us have upgrade-itis pretty bad and we always ask the question….. "What if"

Having said that, a lot of us do have the XV15se and find it to be an excellent sub and up until a few weeks ago there was no V1500. So I think his plan is solid, if he gets it and finds it does the job then no need to upgrade.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17419 of 17419 Unread Today, 07:54 PM
Member
 
versicolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
True. Good point. I just don't have the funds to order up both at once. Other wise I would. I know what you mean about always wanting more. But i am coming from an acoustech pl-200 so I should be plenty happy for awhile. I have a feeling that I will end up ordering the v1500, but I gotta give the xv15se a shot.
versicolor is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off