Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 589 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22467Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17641 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,119
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
I think what you actually meant is "voilà"
I'm going to stop posting from my stupid phone...

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17642 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,119
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
I just wanted to mention that if you set both subs to 75db, the combined response (if setup correctly) will be ~81db.
That's kinda what I was trying to get to. I think a lot of people have one or two locations for their subs due to WAF or space concerns. Mo is betta.
lizrussspike likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #17643 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
JAMES MCHUGHES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony9134 View Post
Yep that was the one, I was happy as heck till I got the email from the seller saying fedex won't ship it , oh well, got a like new one on the way, the seller only had 1 sale over a year ago and 100% positive feedback... Now they still have 1 sale but 50% positive feedback , if you can't pull through with selling on eBay you just should be allowed to anymore in my opinion.
We used truck freight to ship XS30s for about a year(?). Everything went well for about 10-12 months. We then had multiple (5 total iirc) XS30s completely destroyed by fork lifts within a 15-30 day period. They actually ran the fork THROUGH the driver(s) and ended up ruining the entire product. Okay, mistakes happen. Just call us when it happens so we can have that shipment returned to us AND get a new shipment on the way to the customer immediately to keep their inconvenience to a minimum. Nope. Standard freight policy is to attempt delivery. So we have customers taking entire days off of work just to get a large box with 15" woofer guts hanging out of multiple holes. Oh they were so happy when they called to detail this.

We redesigned the boxing on the XS30(se) to handle the rigors of Fedex and have been VERY happy with their service to date. I'd estimate to date the freight company has lost a minimum of $90,000 because we switched. And all we asked was that we're notified instead of attempting delivery on a *clearly* ruined product. Oliver Tiwst---more gruel please...

Anyway, long story short. If the seller had the freight boxing he couldn't/shouldn't use fedex anyway. It would have gotten to you in many pieces. Of course all of this should have been researched by the seller prior to the auction too.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ensive: I was one of those guys that got damaged xs30's. Forks right through the middle of drivers. Declined shipment took some photos and sent to Tom he had me new pair shipped out next day :-)
oneeyeblind likes this.
JAMES MCHUGHES is offline  
 
post #17644 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Member
 
htpc-geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm super excited — I just ordered an XV15se today! The free return policy was absolutely the thing that tipped the scales to PSA, otherwise I was strongly considering HSU.

The sub is one of the last pieces of my HT that desperately needs help. I've been using a Martin Logan Dynamo 10" for about 6-8 years now, and it's just way too small for the room, which is 13' x 21' with 8' ceilings and a hallway. Luckily I have the space for a big sub like this, and the wife is okay with it. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like jumping up from the little 200W sealed 10" to this beast!

My only concern is how it'll blend in with my other speakers. I'm running Definitive Technology Mythos 2's up front with a Mythos 9 center. The receiver is a Denon AVR-2313CI, so I'm hoping audessy will just figure it all out for me.

The rear speakers are some cheap unmatched JBL N24 wall mounts. I know I badly need to replace the rears, but the sub was a far bigger deal to me.
Hopinater likes this.

Last edited by htpc-geek; 03-14-2015 at 12:54 PM.
htpc-geek is offline  
post #17645 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,119
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpc-geek View Post
I'm super excited — I just ordered an XV15se today! The free return policy was absolutely the thing that tipped the scales to PSA, otherwise I was strongly considering HSU.

The sub is one of the last pieces of my HT that desperately needs help. I've been using a Martin Logan Dynamo 10" for about 6-8 years now, and it's just way too small for the room, which is 13' x 21' with 8' ceilings and a hallway. Luckily I have the space for a big sub like this, and the wife is okay with it. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like jumping up from the little 200W sealed 10" to this beast!

My only concern is how it'll blend in with my other speakers. I'm running Definitive Technology Mythos 2's up front with a Mythos 9 center. The receiver is a Denon AVR-2313CI, so I'm hoping audessy will just figure it all out for me.

The rear speakers are some cheap unmatched JBL N24 wall mounts. I know I badly need to replace the rears, but the sub was a far bigger deal to me.
I'd say that it will be an awesome upgrade. Just make sure you cross the fronts at 80 - 100 Hz (whichever sounds best to you). PSA subs are clear, tight, and controlled, lending a smooth blending with practically every speaker the guys have here. They made my RTiA9s sound like new speakers when I got the XV15se's. Very well blended indeed.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #17646 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,577
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I'd say that it will be an awesome upgrade. Just make sure you cross the fronts at 80 - 100 Hz (whichever sounds best to you). PSA subs are clear, tight, and controlled, lending a smooth blending with practically every speaker the guys have here. They made my RTiA9s sound like new speakers when I got the XV15se's. Very well blended indeed.
I second this. I think your new XV15SE will be wonderful. I have two of them and can't say enough about them.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17647 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,593
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Hey Jeff, I had problems with the HDMI on the lap top I was using and gave up after trying over and over. No matter what I did I couldn't send a signal from the laptop to the AVR. Finally I just gave up and just switched to using the RCA cable and Java drivers. It limits you for checking speakers (other than the R/L/C options) but it will get the job done.
Hey Hop I finally got the ASIO driver to recognize the UMIK-1 after repeated trouble shooting tips from Jerry. Was up all night doing this, now I'm at the REW microphone calibration section of the guide, I'm really confused how much of that stuff I actually have to do as it seems I've done most of it. I know I have to calibrate UMIK with a SPL meter but then all the syuff next has me a bit confused.
The next step is actually taking measurements, I'm excited, I hope I cab get that done tonight without any more glitches. TIA any help is appreciated.
Cheers Jeff
ahblaza is offline  
post #17648 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked: 875
^^ You don't need to calibrate your Umik-1 with spl meter if you down load the sensitive factor from minidsp and copy the first line into your 90 degree calibration file. Congrats! Now show us your graphs as it is about time
basshead81 and Hopinater like this.
tvuong is online now  
post #17649 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,744
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I have had my xv15 for just a little over a year now with probably less then 10 hours use on it now.

Now that I am getting some free time to enjoy you all have me wanting to get ankther xv15 and a mic to calibrate
Holiday121 is online now  
post #17650 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,593
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ You don't need to calibrate your Umik-1 with spl meter if you down load the sensitive factor from minidsp and copy the first line into your 90 degree calibration file. Congrats! Now show us your graphs as it is about time
I have the UMIK-1 calibration file from miniDSP, all I do is copy the first line of the cal file that has the SENS FACTOR in it and paste it into the REW 90 degree cal file that I have downloaded? Correct, if not please explain how to do it, thanks Tony.
Cheers Jeff
ahblaza is offline  
post #17651 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked: 875
^^ Correct- just copy that first line (sense factor) from the downloaded file from minidsp and paste that line into the very top of your 90 degree cal file.
tvuong is online now  
post #17652 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,593
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ Correct- just copy that first line (sense factor) from the downloaded file from minidsp and paste that line into the very top of your 90 degree cal file.

So you're saying that I can almost completely skip step 5 in Jerry's guide except where it says to open 90 degree cal file and copy the first line SENS FACTOR= into the mic cal file in REW, then I close REW, plug in the UMIK-1 and launch REW and REW will recognize that I have inserted a SENS FACTOR and mic calibration is bypassed? Correct, if not (I'm dense) please tell me how. TIA Tony. Man that's a lot of extra work you won't have to do if I'm right?????
Cheers Jeff
ahblaza is offline  
post #17653 of 31475 Old 03-14-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked: 875
Yes, not sure what step 5 is but you CANNOT calibrate your umik-1 with the sense factor in the file as it is already calibrated. You are ready to click that measure button and see what you get. Let the fun begins ....
ahblaza likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #17654 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Cyborg_Optoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
wow, been buried at work last two months, come back and new website and whole new line of subs! Cant wait for the first reviews, may have to return xv15se and look at the s3000i and spend some of this cheddar ive been killin myself for.


same here.. just got xs30se's like barely few months old.. and barely used them
Cyborg_Optoma is offline  
post #17655 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,577
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
I have had my xv15 for just a little over a year now with probably less then 10 hours use on it now.

Now that I am getting some free time to enjoy you all have me wanting to get ankther xv15 and a mic to calibrate
LOL…. Yep that's what happens when you hang out here, it makes you want more cool toys.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17656 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
AnnapolisSony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Davidsonville, MD
Posts: 623
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
I have had my xv15 for just a little over a year now with probably less then 10 hours use on it now.

Now that I am getting some free time to enjoy you all have me wanting to get ankther xv15 and a mic to calibrate
I added a 2nd XV-15 to my room a couple of months back and it took my room to another level. I now have the LFE balance that I was looking for. Couldn't be happier. Thanks again Tom V. and to the folks at PSA. Your customer service is unmatched!!!

Displays: Epson 5030UB | 100-inch Elite Sable Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV
Sources: Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Sonos Connect | Apple TV
Speakers: Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | Subwoofers: PSA XV-15se X 2
Controls:Wall-mounted iPad AVS Forum Thread: 904WMC Media Room Thread
AnnapolisSony is offline  
post #17657 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,593
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Yes, not sure what step 5 is but you CANNOT calibrate your umik-1 with the sense factor in the file as it is already calibrated. You are ready to click that measure button and see what you get. Let the fun begins ....
Tony how do I confirm that I have the SENS factor included in the REW microphone tab, REW asked if I was using a UMIK-1 and I said yes and then it asked for a cal file and I said yes and hit browse and located the 90 degree UMIK-1 cal file and opened it and I think it's already in the REW microphone tab with the SENS factor and cal file. What next, hit measure and see what happens? Sorry for the anal questions, I'm really not a techy person
Cheers Jeff
ahblaza is offline  
post #17658 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1544 Post(s)
Liked: 875
^^ If REW did not ask you to calibrate your umik-1, you have the sense factor in the 90 degree file and ready to roll with some measurements. No need to sorry Jeff, we're all here to have fun with our hobby
ahblaza likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #17659 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hi guys, first time posting here but I have been following the discussions closely. I started my journey with a sony stereo system and upgraded to a take classic 7.0 with a BIC PL200, after reading the reviews on amazon(had no idea about the avs forum then). I only survived 1 month with that and had to upgrade my system since I felt it fell way short of my expectation. Apart from upgrading the speakers I got an XV15se which blew me away and shakes my 7500ft room like crazy. I was so close to buying a second XV15se after hanging out here but the new line of speakers has changed my mind( my wallet must be happy....) I probably would not need to upgrade if I never read the posts here but I keep feeling like I am missing something with not having a second sub. I am OK for now and will keep enjoying what I have, I still cannot get over the faces my neighbors make when they visit.....
James Taylor 2 is offline  
post #17660 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee Mtns
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Taylor 2 View Post
Hi guys, first time posting here but I have been following the discussions closely. I started my journey with a sony stereo system and upgraded to a take classic 7.0 with a BIC PL200, after reading the reviews on amazon(had no idea about the avs forum then). I only survived 1 month with that and had to upgrade my system since I felt it fell way short of my expectation. Apart from upgrading the speakers I got an XV15se which blew me away and shakes my 7500ft room like crazy. I was so close to buying a second XV15se after hanging out here but the new line of speakers has changed my mind( my wallet must be happy....) I probably would not need to upgrade if I never read the posts here but I keep feeling like I am missing something with not having a second sub. I am OK for now and will keep enjoying what I have, I still cannot get over the faces my neighbors make when they visit.....

James, all I can tell ya is the more you hang here, the more you will ultimately end up spending. Fun hobbies can be expensive, but imo this one is worth it.
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #17661 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 608
^^

Soooooo true. I keep thinking that I should upgrade my original (non se) XS30 to a S3000i but in reality I have no real issues with what I have.

The reality of it is that I may be better served going to 2 V1500. Or maybe a second XS30

MUST RESIST
oneeyeblind likes this.
gbreda is offline  
post #17662 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 12:08 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,302
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3514
I get the most enjoyment from this hobby than any other. I get to go to the movies every night!
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #17663 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have convinced myself that I need to work towards converting one of our rooms into a home theatre, that way I can get what I want and my wife will not keep making weird comments about the big black box in the living room(she doesn't seem to mind when we watch movies together though..... She actually loves it...go figure)
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
James Taylor 2 is offline  
post #17664 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee Mtns
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Convincing yourself is easy, the wife is the hard part, mines cost me a pool. Im ok with that, cause im gonna go balls out when I get my room started, til then I make sure its loud enough to keep her convinced its gotta happen
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #17665 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,577
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Taylor 2 View Post
Hi guys, first time posting here but I have been following the discussions closely. I started my journey with a sony stereo system and upgraded to a take classic 7.0 with a BIC PL200, after reading the reviews on amazon(had no idea about the avs forum then). I only survived 1 month with that and had to upgrade my system since I felt it fell way short of my expectation. Apart from upgrading the speakers I got an XV15se which blew me away and shakes my 7500ft room like crazy. I was so close to buying a second XV15se after hanging out here but the new line of speakers has changed my mind( my wallet must be happy....) I probably would not need to upgrade if I never read the posts here but I keep feeling like I am missing something with not having a second sub. I am OK for now and will keep enjoying what I have, I still cannot get over the faces my neighbors make when they visit.....
I've kind of decided that AVSforum is kind of like the Borg from Star Trek Next Generation. Resistance is futile! When people hang out here they suddenly realize they need to upgrade and resisting that thought is only possible for a little while. Sooner or later the need to upgrade becomes over whelming. That's what makes it fun.

I have to say the best decision I ever made was getting the XV15 subwoofer. The next best decision I made was getting DUAL XV15 subwoofers. Two subs working together do wonderful things to a room.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17666 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee Mtns
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Hop, I have an xv15se and im on the fence of getting another, getting the v1500 or trading in up to the s3000i. How much of an improvement was the second xv15 in your opinion? I can get the s3000i, just not sure if I get the v1500 or xv15 will I still wish I didn't get the former later. is the smoother response make it that much better, I have a miniDSP and it made a tremendous difference in cleaning up the bloat. like everyone else who posts here, what to do, what to do...
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #17667 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
At the moment it's OK because WAF would kill me if I got a second "big black box" in the living room. I only have 1 place to put it and my fear is what if there ends up big null at that spot....?
James Taylor 2 is offline  
post #17668 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,577
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Hop, I have an xv15se and im on the fence of getting another, getting the v1500 or trading in up to the s3000i. How much of an improvement was the second xv15 in your opinion? I can get the s3000i, just not sure if I get the v1500 or xv15 will I still wish I didn't get the former later. is the smoother response make it that much better, I have a miniDSP and it made a tremendous difference in cleaning up the bloat. like everyone else who posts here, what to do, what to do...
Getting the 2nd sub adds a whole new level to the bass in your room (from my experience). I was considering adding a V1500 to my dual XV15se sub (in the future) and Tom said I shouldn't because the deep bass roll off is so different they may cancel one another out below 30Hz. So if you do get a 2nd sub check with Tom first to see which of the two would be best for you.

But if you have a smooth response right now you may be good with one sub anyway. But I have to say having two has been pretty great. I don't think I could go back to just one.
ahblaza likes this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #17669 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
pony9134's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
^^

Soooooo true. I keep thinking that I should upgrade my original (non se) XS30 to a S3000i but in reality I have no real issues with what I have.

The reality of it is that I may be better served going to 2 V1500. Or maybe a second XS30

MUST RESIST

There is an xs30se bstock I think there is one left, there was two but I got one...and it will be at my house monday
pony9134 is offline  
post #17670 of 31475 Old 03-15-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,577
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony9134 View Post
There is an xs30se bstock I think there is one left, there was two but I got one...and it will be at my house monday
Awesome… Congrats.
Hopinater is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off