Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 606 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #18151 of 18160 Unread Today, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Go to this forum. One of the guys gas a link in his signature called 'Getting started with REW a step by step guide'. I thought that guide was awesome.

Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs

Pioneer Elite SC-63
OPPO 103D
PSA v1500
GR Research A/V-3
AV123 Surrounds
Epson 3020,Dragonfly 120 Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18152 of 18160 Unread Today, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
I did some messing around today with adding in my old sub with the new one to see if it would help my room situation. I ran a lot of sweeps experimenting with the delay and these were the best readings I got. Blueish line is single v1500 black is that with my old sub together. Not real thrilled so far but it's a little better than where I had things initially.
Doesn't look like it changes your FR much at all. You probably need to move one of the subs to a location where it will help the FR.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #18153 of 18160 Unread Today, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Doesn't look like it changes your FR much at all. You probably need to move one of the subs to a location where it will help the FR.
I have moved the V1500 around quite a bit in the limited area it could be moved to. This was the best I could do. Wondering if adding more bass traps would help instead of adding a second V1500.

Pioneer Elite SC-63
OPPO 103D
PSA v1500
GR Research A/V-3
AV123 Surrounds

Last edited by Blaine Morrissey; Today at 06:54 PM.
post #18154 of 18160 Unread Today, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 222
^^ just want to be sure that you rerun AVR auto calibration after each sub move. There should be a difference/improvement with dual subs. Your graph does not show.
post #18155 of 18160 Unread Today, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Quote:
I have moved the V1500 around quite a bit in the limited area it could be moved to. This was the best I could do. Wondering if adding more bass traps would help instead of adding a second V1500.
Have you tried opposite corners of the room? Or do you have them both up front?
post #18156 of 18160 Unread Today, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ just want to be sure that you rerun AVR auto calibration after each sub move. There should be a difference/improvement with dual subs. Your graph does not show.
I did not. I ran it after the fact I guess now that you mention it. The single v1500 measurement was taken after auto recalibration. I will try to get another measurement this week and see what it looks like i just ran out of time today.

Pioneer Elite SC-63
OPPO 103D
PSA v1500
GR Research A/V-3
AV123 Surrounds
post #18157 of 18160 Unread Today, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Have you tried opposite corners of the room? Or do you have them both up front?
I could but would need to get a wireless transmitter, then if you go wireless with one you should go wireless with 2 right?

I was doing the 1/4 option here. Physically that is my best option with cables.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/du...-for-your-home

Pioneer Elite SC-63
OPPO 103D
PSA v1500
GR Research A/V-3
AV123 Surrounds
post #18158 of 18160 Unread Today, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar123 View Post
Screw it, right?

two s3000i coming my way! Don't tell the wife!
You already had xs30se's right? Just tell her you got spiffy new grills for them.
post #18159 of 18160 Unread Today, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post
So after all these graphs I see you all posting I am tempted to order a mic from Tom tommorow.

I started reading REW forums and all but honestly it keeps blind siding me. Does anyone know of any good tutorial videos on it that I could follow?

Also I have a htpc in my rack behind my seats could I use that to connect to the mic?

I'm thinking I should get a mix because my Xs30se and xv15 are probably going to need some help on being placed
Alan and I both have links in our signatures because this question comes up so often. I suggest to anybody to not use mobile view of this forum, you can easily miss important information that is commonly shared.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #18160 of 18160 Unread Today, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
I could but would need to get a wireless transmitter, then if you go wireless with one you should go wireless with 2 right?

I was doing the 1/4 option here. Physically that is my best option with cables.

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/du...-for-your-home
You could probably do one wireless and not the other and it would work just fine. I do, however, think that you shouldn't really have to move around much more than you already have. As you graph suggests, you are doing pretty good with one sub. What I would do (when you have time again) is put both subs how you "want" to have them... in other words, put them in the 1/4 option. Then re-run MCACC fully. I even would go so far as going through each step in the Manual MCACC option and going through it one by one.

I put my subs in their "spots" as I don't have any other options. I connected the miniDSP and bypassed every filter there it had. I then ran MCACC in expert mode with the "all channel adjust" selected. Afterward, I grabbed the SPL meter and sat in my MLP and manually adjusted all the channels (which really was only minor adjustments) to 75db. Some channels were just a hair bit over 75 while others were slightly less. I did the gain correction. I took the loudest sub and used it at my default and raised the less loud sub a tad to match. I then bumped up the subs to be a bit hot (-5db to 0db). Afterward I went into MCACC manual and ran the full on equalizer again. Then reverb.

Needless to say they sound amazing. I watched The Avengers with my family today and I was so impressed. Now... I have a huge room with tile floors. It should be very difficult for me to be impressed... but I am. I think you should try and it get it looking "sounding" good without REW and then once it sounds good without REW then use REW to get it that much better. I don't think REW is going to make something that is really lacking all of a sudden satisfying.

A few side notes... I have the room size knobs maxed out to large. I also set my XO to 100Hz for a little more headroom (MCACC set all my speakers to +4-6db).

Gear: Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center).
PSA V1500 (x2)
HTPC/server (MB3), Fire TV Stick, Chromecast
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Sharp LC-60SQ15U (HCFR calibrated)
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page