Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 610 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #18271 of 18273 Old Today, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
Tom is just awesome. I've got the original PSA-XV15, and I was hoping I would have a 2nd one by now, but buying a house and doing some project pretty much made that impossible lol. Unless, I could find someone who would like to trade my Outlaw monoblock amps for one.
Congrats on the house! Just make sure there aren't any inferior subs laying around...back when Tom was building monsters at SVS, there was one time when a PCi 25-31 arrived and went RIGHT after the little Paradigm PDR-8 that was sitting on the ground next to the TV. If I hadnt' been there to break it up, the 'digm would have been compltely devoured!
GusGus748s likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18272 of 18273 Old Today, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
It adds a 6db level increase.
So, if the Y splitter adds 6db, does room correction need to be re run or will knocking the trim back 6db give similar results?
post #18273 of 18273 Unread Today, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 2054
You could just dial back the sub trim 6db long as it does not put the sub too far in the negative range. I like to be in the -3 to 0 range after everything is said and done or else the subs do not like to turn on at lower volumes(auto on). Meaning I set the sub amp gains so Auto cal(Audyssey, Ypao, Mcacc, Dcac) sets the sub trim around -6, then I bump it up manually into the -3 to 0 range and that gives me plenty of adjustment for different source material without going into the + range and potentially clipping the signal at higher volumes.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page