Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 613 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #18361 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Nice… I just bought it yesterday, what did you think of it in general?
Was good. Not spectacular. But I definitely want to see it again
Brian Fineberg is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18362 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhughy2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
I think you should try leaving the splitter on and bumping your gain down on the sub, then rerun mcacc. Keep doing that until you get closer to 0.
I will try that. What is frustrating is that I thought the Y adapter was going to increase the AVR's output to the subs by 6dB. That did not seem to be the case.

What is the thought behind everyone suggesting to run MCACC/Audyssey and adjust the gain knob until the AVR sets the sub to -6dB?

Lastly, if getting the AVR to 0dB doesn't work would it be a bad idea to set the gain knob even lower to get the AVR to bump up the sub into the positives (say +3dB)?

Whatever it takes as it is completely frustrating that I cannot get these puppies to turn on unless I'm at -20dB on the volume control and even then I feel like it'll just turn off when no LFE is being output to the subs.

Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center), PSA V1500 (x2)
HTPC/server (Emby)
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Sharp LC-60SQ15U
My DIY subwoofer build
jhughy2010 is online now  
post #18363 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Blaine Morrissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
I will try that. What is frustrating is that I thought the Y adapter was going to increase the AVR's output to the subs by 6dB. That did not seem to be the case.

What is the thought behind everyone suggesting to run MCACC/Audyssey and adjust the gain knob until the AVR sets the sub to -6dB?

Lastly, if getting the AVR to 0dB doesn't work would it be a bad idea to set the gain knob even lower to get the AVR to bump up the sub into the positives (say +3dB)?

Whatever it takes as it is completely frustrating that I cannot get these puppies to turn on unless I'm at -20dB on the volume control and even then I feel like it'll just turn off when no LFE is being output to the subs.
Get them close to zero first and if that doesn't work then figure out a plan B. Personally I don't understand how splitting can gain DB's. In theory doesn't splitting it cut it in half? To me running a single without splitting and trying to get that right around 0 would be ideal. But I think someone mentioned it says in the manual to try a splitter. Maybe try the splitter with it close to zero first..then if that doesn't work ditch the splitter and try it.
jhughy2010 likes this.

Pioneer Elite SC-63 | OPPO BDP-103D | PSA v1500 | SVS PB 12 NSD/v | SVS AS-EQ1 | GR Research A/V-3 | VOLT 10LX Edition (build in progress) | Onix Rocket ELT DPA | Epson 3020 | Dragonfly 120 Screen | APC H15BLK
Blaine Morrissey is offline  
post #18364 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jhughy2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,486
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
Get them close to zero first and if that doesn't work then figure out a plan B. Personally I don't understand how splitting can gain DB's. In theory doesn't splitting it cut it in half? To me running a single without splitting and trying to get that right around 0 would be ideal. But I think someone mentioned it says in the manual to try a splitter. Maybe try the splitter with it close to zero first..then if that doesn't work ditch the splitter and try it.
I just re-ran MCACC after adjusting the gain knobs down to about 12 o'clock. The result was -2.5dB which I adjusted up to +0.5dB and the problem persists. I still have to bring volume control to about -20dB before the green light turns on and the bass is heard. It kind of ticks me off that I wasted $20 in Y adapters when come to find out that it isn't doing anything to fix the issue.

I wonder if the miniDSP is doing anything to prevent the subs from turning on at lower listening levels. I did not have this problem with my previous XV15 and the same AVR.

Makes me want to remove the miniDSP from the equation.

Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center), PSA V1500 (x2)
HTPC/server (Emby)
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Sharp LC-60SQ15U
My DIY subwoofer build
jhughy2010 is online now  
post #18365 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Member
 
Blaine Morrissey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
I just re-ran MCACC after adjusting the gain knobs down to about 12 o'clock. The result was -2.5dB which I adjusted up to +0.5dB and the problem persists. I still have to bring volume control to about -20dB before the green light turns on and the bass is heard. It kind of ticks me off that I wasted $20 in Y adapters when come to find out that it isn't doing anything to fix the issue.

I wonder if the miniDSP is doing anything to prevent the subs from turning on at lower listening levels. I did not have this problem with my previous XV15 and the same AVR.

Makes me want to remove the miniDSP from the equation.
Try it and see what happens.

Pioneer Elite SC-63 | OPPO BDP-103D | PSA v1500 | SVS PB 12 NSD/v | SVS AS-EQ1 | GR Research A/V-3 | VOLT 10LX Edition (build in progress) | Onix Rocket ELT DPA | Epson 3020 | Dragonfly 120 Screen | APC H15BLK
Blaine Morrissey is offline  
post #18366 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 3,865
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Thanks!!

I agree the difference witht the bass is staggering! No need for the buttkicker at all anymore. This is incredible! I mean it was good before but now!! Lmao

Watched interstellar last night. While not the deepest bass still shook the room. Best news is no rattles!!!!

😑
Glad everything is coming together for you so well. And jealous of your no rattles. I still have plenty of work to do in this area, but its tough not being in a dedicated theater.
bear123 is offline  
post #18367 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Glad everything is coming together for you so well. And jealous of your no rattles. I still have plenty of work to do in this area, but its tough not being in a dedicated theater.
Thanks I hear ya. When I was in thriving room it was rattles galore!

Good to know I constructed everything well

I'm curious if outside the room if anything is rattling. Lol. Actually I don't care lmao
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18368 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Bass demos first...so you can get it dialed in for Interstellar.

I hope you love it as much as I did....there are some folks that didn't care for it much, which sort of baffles me, but to each their own I guess.
Alan: I'm going to watch Interstellar tomorrow night, everyone I talk to are 50/50, liked it or hated it. Its seems like if you liked Gravity your going to like Interstellar.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #18369 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Signal Mtn
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 150
^^
I agree, liked it, would watch it again. I know a couple people who thought it was a steaming pile. Kinda like Snowpiercer in that youll either like it or hate it. Ive gotten to the point if the audio and video is good just about anything is watchable,
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #18370 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Signal Mtn
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
I just re-ran MCACC after adjusting the gain knobs down to about 12 o'clock. The result was -2.5dB which I adjusted up to +0.5dB and the problem persists. I still have to bring volume control to about -20dB before the green light turns on and the bass is heard. It kind of ticks me off that I wasted $20 in Y adapters when come to find out that it isn't doing anything to fix the issue.

I wonder if the miniDSP is doing anything to prevent the subs from turning on at lower listening levels. I did not have this problem with my previous XV15 and the same AVR.

Makes me want to remove the miniDSP from the equation.

I have a miniDSP and mine kicks on at low volumes, not saying yours isn't the issue, but mine isnt
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #18371 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
See I guess I'm weird. I LOVED gravity. And I neither loved nor hated both interstellar nor snow piercer

Thought they we're both good. But not fantastic. I've defintely seen better movies but happy to have seen both and glad I have them in my collection
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18372 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Congrats. A second makes a huge difference!


Thanks!!

I agree the difference witht the bass is staggering! No need for the buttkicker at all anymore. This is incredible! I mean it was good before but now!! Lmao

Watched interstellar last night. While not the deepest bass still shook the room. Best news is no rattles!!!!

😑
Welcome to the sealed room club Brian, I knew you would be amazed. I know I have mentioned it before, watch ( new ) Godzilla and report back.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #18373 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Welcome to the sealed room club Brian, I knew you would be amazed. I know I have mentioned it before, watch ( new ) Godzilla and report back.
I will. I have a ton of new movies to catch up on. Tonight is a strong ulf movie...Exodus.

Then:
Mockingjay
Hobbit 3
Then a few non audio treats...unbroken, Foxcatcher...

Then time to revist the bass monsters. So Godzilla will be up there on the list.
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18374 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mike Butny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
See I guess I'm weird. I LOVED gravity. And I neither loved nor hated both interstellar nor snow piercer

Thought they we're both good. But not fantastic. I've defintely seen better movies but happy to have seen both and glad I have them in my collection
Nightcrawler for me was a movie that had me glued to the movie, I'm always evaluating the PQ and SQ during a movie but with Nightcrawler I was glued to the movie, the dude was so damn creepy
Alan P and Gov like this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Mike Butny is offline  
post #18375 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Nightcrawler for me was a movie that had me glued to the movie, I'm always evaluating the PQ and SQ during a movie but with Nightcrawler I was glued to the movie, the dude was so damn creepy
Yeah no scary movies for me.

Even watching the server scene for the bass I get freaked out. And I have no clue what the movie is about lol. I'm a chicken
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18376 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,974
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 507
^^ nightcrawler is not a scary movie.
tvuong is offline  
post #18377 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ nightcrawler is not a scary movie.
Oh. He said creepy...
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18378 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,974
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 507
^^ in a different way and not a scary way.
Mike Butny likes this.
tvuong is offline  
post #18379 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Signal Mtn
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I will. I have a ton of new movies to catch up on. Tonight is a strong ulf movie...Exodus.

Then:
Mockingjay
Hobbit 3
Then a few non audio treats...unbroken, Foxcatcher...

Then time to revist the bass monsters. So Godzilla will be up there on the list.

ULF= Fury
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #18380 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
ULF= Fury
Sorry to burst your bubble on this one. But it doesn't go much below 30hz
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18381 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Summa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
My XS30se is scheduled for delivery today!
DAMN YOU!!!!


Errr, I mean, that's great news, bro! Sorry about that little outburst...I'm on a 10 day wait for my S1500...so you'll have to forgive me (BASTARD!!!)...I'm sure this 10 day wait will really fast and I'll have my first PSA sub to enjoy

So seriously, enjoy! (GRRRRRRAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)
mnc likes this.
Summa is offline  
post #18382 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2209 Post(s)
Liked: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
DAMN YOU!!!!


Errr, I mean, that's great news, bro! Sorry about that little outburst...I'm on a 10 day wait for my S1500...so you'll have to forgive me (BASTARD!!!)...I'm sure this 10 day wait will really fast and I'll have my first PSA sub to enjoy

So seriously, enjoy! (GRRRRRRAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)
Haha. Good post
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #18383 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Summa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 2,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Haha. Good post

lol, little therapeutic venting
Summa is offline  
post #18384 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
morbidcorpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 179
My new Xv15 showed up today (thanks Tom!) and though I have a good idea of where I'm going to place it first, I wouldn't mind having some feedback here. My AVR is the Onkyo 818, which doesn't *do* separate EQ for two subs (it will EQ both subs as one unit), so my first instinct is to place both subs along the front wall, equa-distant from each other and also equal distance from the MLP. However, in this position, the new sub will be facing a 6-foot opening. Though it will be 11 feet away from the opening. Will this be a problem? Is it far enough away from the opening that I don't have to worry about all the bass escaping the room? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Sub placement is tricky. I think it would be nice to try near field placement, but there are problems there too. Near field, I'm not sure how the Onkyo will fair in calibrating the two subs in such different places in the room, since it doesn't EQ/calibrate them separately? Also, I can't place the sub near field diagonally from the other sub because then, the near field sub will be inches from the 6 foot opening I mentioned. So that's out. I could go near field on the other side of the couch, but then, the two subs will be facing each other, 7-8 feet apart. I'm worried I'll get some gnarly cancellations in that position? Is that a silly concern? Thoughts, anyone?


P.S., I get some pretty major rattles in my room too.

morbidcorpse is offline  
post #18385 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I am running Audessey xt32 on my new dual v 1500's and I am getting an out of phase error and it will not allow me to ignore.
The error is on the center , surrounds and f. Height L
I know my speakers polarity are all correct as I have been running a 5.1.4 with no issues. My receiver is a Denon x5200 and my mains are connected to a 2 channel amp.

Any help to get past this error to continue my setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
bad1550 is online now  
post #18386 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 3,865
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 1601
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
I am running Audessey xt32 on my new dual v 1500's and I am getting an out of phase error and it will not allow me to ignore.
The error is on the center , surrounds and f. Height L
I know my speakers polarity are all correct as I have been running a 5.1.4 with no issues. My receiver is a Denon x5200 and my mains are connected to a 2 channel amp.

Any help to get past this error to continue my setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
I think I remember someone saying to completely power the amp down to reset it, then rerun ARC.
bear123 is offline  
post #18387 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 7,863
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 2717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
Get them close to zero first and if that doesn't work then figure out a plan B. Personally I don't understand how splitting can gain DB's. In theory doesn't splitting it cut it in half? To me running a single without splitting and trying to get that right around 0 would be ideal. But I think someone mentioned it says in the manual to try a splitter. Maybe try the splitter with it close to zero first..then if that doesn't work ditch the splitter and try it.


no splitting raises the level 6db because you are now feeding both inputs on the front end of the amplifier...it is really not that hard to understand. take your right and left main speaker, turn off the left channel, how much did the output drop? Same principal.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
post #18388 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member
 
mnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Just got home to see my XS30SE was here waiting for me! Got it up the stairs into my living room (holy crap this thing is heavy!) hooked it up and did a quick Audyssey setup, making sure I disconnected my V1500 first. Popped in Inception, chapter one. OMG, THIS IS WHAT BASS SOUNDS LIKE! I can't believe what a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I don't need 30 days to decide, only took about 30 seconds! There is just no comparison, the XS30se is FAR BETTER IMO. I honestly wonder if something is wrong with my V1500. Anyway, won't get much more play time with it tonight, but this weekend is going to be AWESOME! I can't wait to watch every movie I have!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, DUAL PSA XS30SE's
mnc is offline  
post #18389 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,177
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Just got home to see my XS30SE was here waiting for me! Got it up the stairs into my living room (holy crap this thing is heavy!) hooked it up and did a quick Audyssey setup, making sure I disconnected my V1500 first. Popped in Inception, chapter one. OMG, THIS IS WHAT BASS SOUNDS LIKE! I can't believe what a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I don't need 30 days to decide, only took about 30 seconds! There is just no comparison, the XS30se is FAR BETTER IMO. I honestly wonder if something is wrong with my V1500. Anyway, won't get much more play time with it tonight, but this weekend is going to be AWESOME! I can't wait to watch every movie I have!
Haha maybe something about the FR change was to your liking. Regardless it's awesome you found what you wanted, congrats!
mnc likes this.
FattyMcButterPants is online now  
post #18390 of 22229 Old 04-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I think I remember someone saying to completely power the amp down to reset it, then rerun ARC.
Thanks,

Turns out a speaker wire came loose

All working now
bad1550 is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off