Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 624 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18691 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Guys quick REW question, I use the camera (caption) to save my graphs into documents, how do you save your graphs in REW, when I hit the save icon it becomes a mdat file and wants to put it in documents. Is there a folder in REW to save your graphs so you can go back to them and compare and overlay other FR sweeps? Thanks and sorry for the simple questions.
Cheers Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18692 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
Thanks all of you above, your input was extremely valuable, with all you mentioned, spaces and your listening/watching preferences I think I will be quite happy with dual xs15se or S1500 in my dedicated space without opening. I like to here and feel the rumble, or a good kick or the drum, but I do not require to be treated for chest wall contusions after a seating in My HT
My old space, that was 25x29x8 ft would have asked for bigger guns( S3000) , but I think I will be good with the "small" stuff.
Have you talked at all with PSA? I think that in your sealed (?) 13x15x7.5 room, either dual xs15se or S1500 will be just fine. At one point, when Tom thought my room was sealed, he was recommending those options as well.
ahblaza and sk373 like this.
post #18693 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yes, I have chatted with Tom, he mentioned that as well, S1500 or xs15, leaving the option for XS30se if I want to go really loud.
sk373 likes this.

Last edited by sinisanav; Yesterday at 03:28 PM.
post #18694 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Guys quick REW question, I use the camera (caption) to save my graphs into documents, how do you save your graphs in REW, when I hit the save icon it becomes a mdat file and wants to put it in documents. Is there a folder in REW to save your graphs so you can go back to them and compare and overlay other FR sweeps? Thanks and sorry for the simple questions.
Cheers Jeff
Click the save all measurements and browse to a location on your computer or Dropbox (create a REW folder), give it a name to save it there. I store my graphs on Dropbox so I can access them anywhere.
ahblaza likes this.
post #18695 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
If I'm going to spend close to a grand I want to go with as new as I can get, and that means, ICE. The S1500 is above my budget, but I'm selling some speaker cables on ebay that will get me closer to my original budget.
Sold for $141.50. That puts me $7.50 over budget. Glad I went with my gut and ordered the S1500.
gbreda likes this.
post #18696 of 18699 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Hop I would go dual 3000i...pretty much the same output around the XV15 tune but 2 times the output in the meat of the power band!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Note that the biggest differences between the S3000i and the XS30se where in the lowest ranges where a ported subwoofer would make a difference. Honestly, if you're going to go sealed in that size, you gotta go "serious sealed" with something like the S3000i or the Seaton Submersive.

Note that after seeing the graph of the XS30se vs. the S3000i that I'm confident that for the BASH amp models, I would have ended up going ported in my room.
Good call, you guys are right. Someday perhaps I will be able to try out the S3000i for myself. These PSA products are an addiction and I don't know the cure. Except to buy more.
post #18697 of 18699 Unread Today, 06:07 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 203
After seeing the chart comparing XS30se vs S3000i, I have to admit I'm somewhat tempted to trade up to the S3000i before my 30 days are up. However that is still a fairly substantial price increase, especially for duals. I just don't know how noticeable it would be. I'm pretty sure comparing ONE of each would be noticeable, but what about TWO? Wouldn't I have to be hitting the limits of the XS30se before I would notice an improvement from the S3000i?

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
post #18698 of 18699 Unread Today, 07:37 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Here are the XS15se vs. the S1500 and the XS30se versus the S3000i graphs.

Also, I should have been more clear....we won't be posting any data on the V3600 proto-type until we are confident on the final form.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
This graph shows roughly a 3dB difference below 30Hz while the numbers listed on the product description on the website shows only 1dB difference. I'm confused

post #18699 of 18699 Unread Today, 07:46 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

OK so I just looked at the long term compression charts for both and that is where it's showing a 3dB difference. I guess I just need to hear from Tom if it is worth going from dual XS30se's to dual S3000i's.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page