Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 625 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18721 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:11 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
It really can be and endless issue that just keeps costing more money, especially in this hobby. As difficult as it is, once you are "satisfied", the best thing to do is stay off the forums. Many years ago, I canceled all of my magazine subscriptions for this reason but now its way to easy too pop in here and get pulled right back in especially when now you just sit on the couch with a laptop instead of a dedicated area with a desktop computer-how easy is that !

For me, it's personally justified in the fact that it's my only real vice-my more negative youthful vices have been left behind but I still love music and I no longer feel the need to go to a theater. At Imax or even regular theater prices, IMHO this money is well spent. Oh and when the dog or cat is looking and wondering where the hell that helicopter flying around the room or some animal is; that's just priceless
I couldn't agree with you more! I'm afraid if I don't stay away from these forums, I may end up divorced!
Billy p likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18722 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
It really can be and endless issue that just keeps costing more money, especially in this hobby. As difficult as it is, once you are "satisfied", the best thing to do is stay off the forums. Many years ago, I canceled all of my magazine subscriptions for this reason but now its way to easy too pop in here and get pulled right back in especially when now you just sit on the couch with a laptop instead of a dedicated area with a desktop computer-how easy is that !

For me, it's personally justified in the fact that it's my only real vice-my more negative youthful vices have been left behind but I still love music and I no longer feel the need to go to a theater. At Imax or even regular theater prices, IMHO this money is well spent. Oh and when the dog or cat is looking and wondering where the hell that helicopter flying around the room or some animal is; that's just priceless
It really can be a rabbit hole of sorts.

I love the S1500 but what about the XS30se for a little more. I love the XS30se but what about the S3000i for a little more? I love the S3000i but I know the T-18 would be incredible...

Some of this simply comes down to individual personalities. If you're the type that will always let that little "guy" on your shoulder whisper....but what would "XYZ" have sounded like with that movie. You might be best just upgrading and eliminating the little guy.. On the other hand, we have all heard the phrase..."get 90% of the performance for half the cost(or whatever) too.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mnc and gbreda like this.
post #18723 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:32 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Is that the reason for the, "we recently improved several aspects of the new ICE amplifier control set," that I received in the email?
What's this?

post #18724 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
What's this?
We've been working with Brian at Speaker Power for the past few weeks on optimizing a few variables in his preamp stage. The gain structure and auto-on circuit have been the two primary targets.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #18725 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:54 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
We've been working with Brian at Speaker Power for the past few weeks on optimizing a few variables in his preamp stage. The gain structure and auto-on circuit have been the two primary targets.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Is this something that has been implemented already or not?

post #18726 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:56 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It really can be a rabbit hole of sorts.

I love the S1500 but what about the XS30se for a little more. I love the XS30se but what about the S3000i for a little more? I love the S3000i but I know the T-18 would be incredible...

Some of this simply comes down to individual personalities. If you're the type that will always let that little "guy" on your shoulder whisper....but what would "XYZ" have sounded like with that movie. You might be best just upgrading and eliminating the little guy.. On the other hand, we have all heard the phrase..."get 90% of the performance for half the cost(or whatever) too.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I suppose I need to decide where to draw the line.

post #18727 of 18732 Unread Today, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Is this something that has been implemented already or not?

This is like a chat session..

All new ICE powered orders will have the revised preamp stage.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mnc and gbreda like this.
post #18728 of 18732 Unread Today, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I have an onkyo 828 , can one run audyssey just for the sub or do I have to keep doing the whole thing every time I move the sub?
post #18729 of 18732 Unread Today, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Is this a programming change, hardware change, or something else? You can imagine why I'm curious about this one!

A: Marantz AV7702 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Martin Logan Theos | Martin Logan Motif X | PSA S3000i (x2)
V: Vizio P702UI-b3 | Ps3 | Roku 3 | AppleTV
post #18730 of 18732 Unread Today, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
And that's the "details on Tom and Jim's end" that I opted to wait for before my 2 S3000i's ship. I am really hoping to see them for next weekend, but if not then so be it.

I generally tend to under estimate upgrades but with this one I fully expect to blow that little guy off my shoulder and into the next state.
post #18731 of 18732 Unread Today, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Is this a programming change, hardware change, or something else? You can imagine why I'm curious about this one!
I'd rather not get into specifics. We're already spending too much time helping the competition in this regard..

Email me and we can discuss it further. Thanks.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #18732 of 18732 Unread Today, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Email me and we can discuss it further. Thanks.
Fair enough, I'll give you a call later today.

A: Marantz AV7702 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Martin Logan Theos | Martin Logan Motif X | PSA S3000i (x2)
V: Vizio P702UI-b3 | Ps3 | Roku 3 | AppleTV
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page