Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 629 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18841 of 18847 Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Morrissey View Post
I don't think it does much for phase/distance or whatever it is adjustments though. I looked through the manual and it says to let your AVR do that so it won't get the best combination of the two if your AVR doesn't have separate dual outs. Looking at the specs you just have 2 outputs one is a 180 phase adjustment from the other. It would be nice if it would adjust that independently between the two to find the best combination. I think that's where the 2.0 comes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
They have two models of the Antimode 8033 & the S2.

I think the next model will be a floorstander, the 410
Cheers Jeff
LOL!
I have 8033 II-S, but what it does with duals or quad subs, it sums up their total response in the room and treat the signal to all of them as one and levels the amplitude and phase( it says on the site). After antimode is done with subs then you do AVR based EQ to integrate them with the rest of the speakers.
They say that Audyssey XT32 is similar if not better then antimode 8033, but with other AVR based EQ program antipode is beneficial.
ahblaza likes this.

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18842 of 18847 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
LOL!
I have 8033 II-S, but what it does with duals or quad subs, it sums up their total response in the room and treat the signal to all of them as one and levels the amplitude and phase( it says on the site). After antimode is done with subs then you do AVR based EQ to integrate them with the rest of the speakers.
They say that Audyssey XT32 is similar if not better then antimode 8033, but with other AVR based EQ program antipode is beneficial.
Does the Dual Core 2.0 do all that the 8033 II-S does and more? TIA
Cheers Jeff
post #18843 of 18847 Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Does the Dual Core 2.0 do all that the 8033 II-S does and more? TIA
Cheers Jeff
It does more, it can separately EQ two subs ( true stereo subs), also has the screen where you can see the response graphs and it has more options for more detailed tweaking. it is also 3 times the price. But has excellent reviews

post #18844 of 18847 Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
It does more, it can separately EQ two subs ( true stereo subs), also has the screen where you can see the response graphs and it has more options for more detailed tweaking. it is also 3 times the price. But has excellent reviews
Right now I'm seriously thinking of going that route or upgrading my AVR to XT32 with SUB EQ HT. I have to weigh the differences, prices are similar to what I was planning on spending for an AVR, so I'll do a little more research and see what will give me the best options. Thanks.
Cheers Jeff
post #18845 of 18847 Unread Today, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 1165
Quote:
Right now I'm seriously thinking of going that route or upgrading my AVR to XT32 with SUB EQ HT. I have to weigh the differences, prices are similar to what I was planning on spending for an AVR, so I'll do a little more research and see what will give me the best options. Thanks.
Cheers Jeff
I suppose the benefit of the anti-mode is that it is a stand alone unit that you can keep as you(or anyone) endlessly upgrade your AVR over time as we tend to do. On the other hand, if you upgrade to a high quality AVR with XT32 and SUB EQ HT as you mention, which does independently set up dual subs, it does eliminate most of the need or benefit of a stand alone eq unit. Of course, the flexibility you get from external eq, imo, is adding in custom FR curves, such as house curves for below reference listening. Some people even program in strong house curves for reference level listening if they have enough output capability.

I used the miniDSP to put in about a 5 dB house curve when I was running my dual XV15se's. So in reality, when I was watching movies at my normal level of -15, the bass was only 5 below reference(5 dB hot plus a 5 dD house curve). This has the advantage of not muddying up the bass in the mid an upper bass levels. Ten hot over the entire FR would sound pretty bad.
post #18846 of 18847 Unread Today, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
WHAT??? You don't think these speakers are aesthetically appealing?

Yeah they are a little utilitarian in looks but for some reason I really like the finish on them. I don't know why but there's something about it that I like. Having said that, I have them in a darker room and I doubt my wife would want them in the living room (but I wouldn't mind).

Bear, to answer your question it is the same finish as the subwoofers.
Don't get me wrong I personally love the way they look. Even though I have them hidden (except surrounds)

But they are not pretty speakers that most will have in a living room. Like psb imagines for example are a very pretty speaker
post #18847 of 18847 Unread Today, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I suppose the benefit of the anti-mode is that it is a stand alone unit that you can keep as you(or anyone) endlessly upgrade your AVR over time as we tend to do. On the other hand, if you upgrade to a high quality AVR with XT32 and SUB EQ HT as you mention, which does independently set up dual subs, it does eliminate most of the need or benefit of a stand alone eq unit. Of course, the flexibility you get from external eq, imo, is adding in custom FR curves, such as house curves for below reference listening. Some people even program in strong house curves for reference level listening if they have enough output capability.

I used the miniDSP to put in about a 5 dB house curve when I was running my dual XV15se's. So in reality, when I was watching movies at my normal level of -15, the bass was only 5 below reference(5 dB hot plus a 5 dD house curve). This has the advantage of not muddying up the bass in the mid an upper bass levels. Ten hot over the entire FR would sound pretty bad.
True, that is exactly what Anti-mode can do, run a certain frequency range hot ( 8dB hot centered at 20,25 or 30 Hz) , if desired, with a press of a button but with retained overall smoothing of the room response. I am still experimenting with what feels best, for movies now boosting frequencies around 20Hz, playing flat for music ( I run LFE at same level as the speakers). There is nice noticeable difference when movie mayhem starts.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page