Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 630 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #18871 of 18892 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
I was just thinking you were due for new subs
Yeah Randy, I had these dual XS30SEs for about six months, time to move on or get two more, one in each corner problem solved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18872 of 18892 Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Grab two more I say! If I was a cabinet maker I'd patent a recliner with built in subs (underneath) for shear bearish impact... No bass shakers required then! Oh and it would have a fridge in one arm rest also!!!
mnc, bulls, oneeyeblind and 1 others like this.
post #18873 of 18892 Old Today, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Red face

S1500 size comparison to the SB12 NSD. Have a SB13U coming in next week will be doing a performance comparison between the two. Will be keeping only one of the two after the comparison.

EDIT : s1500 not s3000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	688545  
mnc, oneeyeblind and Billy p like this.

Last edited by deepat04; Today at 12:06 PM.
post #18874 of 18892 Old Today, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
S3000 size comparison to the SB12 NSD. Have a SB13U coming in next week will be doing a performance comparison between the two. Will be keeping only one of the two after the comparison.
Enjoy the S3000 then!
ahblaza likes this.
post #18875 of 18892 Old Today, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Calling all experts...

I'm about to start my acoustic project. This is not the actual product, just for reference. The local building supply has the CertainTeed, R-11 Soundshield. Comes in 2'X8'X3 1/2" strips (16 total). Not referenced on Bob Golds site. Great price @ $87. I know to remove the backing; will this be acceptable for making panels? I'm trying to avoid the high shipping costs of other products.
read this site, it has quite a bit of info about DIY ( and in general) acoustical treatments, quite educational.
http://ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
post #18876 of 18892 Old Today, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
S3000 size comparison to the SB12 NSD. Have a SB13U coming in next week will be doing a performance comparison between the two. Will be keeping only one of the two after the comparison.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts....I have a tiny inkling the S3000i will be staying... Seeing that it ( 3000i) digs even deeper & has better extension vs. my XS30se... I am fairly confident you'll love the 3000i.

See sig....not entirely sure on the dimensions of the new 3000i but you can see how the SB13U sits nicely atop my xs30 se.

Just my 2 cents...
oneeyeblind likes this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig

Last edited by Billy p; Today at 07:58 AM.
post #18877 of 18892 Old Today, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I'm looking for plug and play options after using REW to get the best FR graphs. like XT32 SUB EQ HT in the next week or so, either Denon 4520, Onkyo 1010 or Integra 60.5, I'm getting one of those three. Selling off my amps to fund these purchases and save up for a couple of V3600s when available
We should have the Anti-Mode products available before too long on the website too. They are about as "plug and play" as you can get..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #18878 of 18892 Old Today, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
eagerly awaiting....
post #18879 of 18892 Old Today, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
Looking forward to reading your thoughts....I have a tiny inkling the S3000i will be staying... Seeing that it ( 3000i) digs even deeper & has better extension vs. my XS30se... I am fairly confident you'll love the 3000i.

See sig....not entirely sure on the dimensions of the new 3000i but you can see how the SB13U sits nicely atop my xs30 se.

Just my 2 cents...
Sorry for the typo I have an s1500 not 3000.

I will do do my best to provide as much information as possible. Right now I am running the s1500 in a not so ideal location with some very small speakers crossed over at 150hz.

Next week I will have the ultra and s1500 paired with larger bookshelfs ( svs ultra 5.0 ). Tip my hat off to PSA the s1500 is a high quality product, the driver and amp are top notch. I was able to get a good deal on the svs ultra which made it make sense to buy and compare to the 1500 and keep the one I feel is best for my situation. Now the svs overall design might already gives it an edge because I will be running duals and aesthetics is an important component of my decision. With that said the PSA is a heck of lot easier to keep clean and maintain and personally I like the look, wife feels differently tho.
post #18880 of 18892 Old Today, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
We should have the Anti-Mode products available before too long on the website too. They are about as "plug and play" as you can get..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom can you elaborate a little about how you tested these and what the results were?

Do you think they are a fit in all applications, or just some small rooms, single sub vs. multi subs?
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #18881 of 18892 Old Today, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 2042
Quote:
Originally Posted by majek 60 View Post
Tom can you elaborate a little about how you tested these and what the results were?

Do you think they are a fit in all applications, or just some small rooms, single sub vs. multi subs?
I've spent a good bit of time with both the 8033 models. I've done a mix of single sub, single seat and single sub, multiple seats. I hope to have some time soon to try dual subs/single seat and dual subs/multiple seats soon with both 8033s.

The dual core is a different beast altogether. Much more flexible than I thought. It can EQ dual subs in a 5.2 system(or 7.2 or 9.2), or a 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 system. The dual core 2.0 will also highpass the mains in this scenario too. So it will provide DAC, highpass, and EQ the speakers and the subs. Pretty sweet little box.

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/technolog...examples.shtml

I can already envision some 2.0 MT110 and MTM210 package deals.

Based on my experience so far I'd say these products will provide audible benefits to just about any room environment. We'll do the normal 30 day audition too so our customers can all try them out and make their own decision.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
post #18882 of 18892 Old Today, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry for the typo I have an s1500 not 3000.

I will do do my best to provide as much information as possible. Right now I am running the s1500 in a not so ideal location with some very small speakers crossed over at 150hz.

Next week I will have the ultra and s1500 paired with larger bookshelfs ( svs ultra 5.0 ). Tip my hat off to PSA the s1500 is a high quality product, the driver and amp are top notch. I was able to get a good deal on the svs ultra which made it make sense to buy and compare to the 1500 and keep the one I feel is best for my situation. Now the svs overall design might already gives it an edge because I will be running duals and aesthetics is an important component of my decision. With that said the PSA is a heck of lot easier to keep clean and maintain and personally I like the look, wife feels differently tho.
Ah...that will make for a much fairer comparison...dimensions are about the same for both...fit and finish is a personal choice. I've seen the black texture used on the PSA, its very nice & appears maintenance free. Not a big fan of PB gloss as they're dust magnets the alternate finish used by Svs is more my style...one reason why I chose PSA was the veneer options available for that wife approval factor.

Good luck and report back your finding...I really enjoyed the SB13U...by all accounts the S1500 should be very bit its equal or more...it will be a tough call...flip of the coin, that's for sure.

Bill...
ahblaza and dsrussell like this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Last edited by Billy p; Today at 01:48 PM.
post #18883 of 18892 Old Today, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got a chance to mess with REW a bit this weekend and tried my XV15se in two different placements (left & right corners).

Got some measurements with and without MCACC applied (measured separately for each corner). Are these graphs good enough to evaluate and which corner is better? I haven't had time to listen extensively for one corner compared to the other...

Left Corner

Right Corner

Without EQ, I was getting some crazy drops.

Left No EQ

Right No EQ
post #18884 of 18892 Old Today, 05:40 PM

I'm not overly experienced in equalising but the left looks better and I gather the gigantic dip at 80hz is the xover?
post #18885 of 18892 Old Today, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettus View Post
I'm not overly experienced in equalising but the left looks better and I gather the gigantic dip at 80hz is the xover?
Nope; looks like a null. If it were the crossover, it wouldn't recover quickly to the same SPL as under 80hz

A: Marantz AV7702 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Martin Logan Theos | Martin Logan Motif X | PSA S3000i (x2)
V: Vizio P702UI-b3 | Ps3 | Roku 3 | AppleTV
Best ID Subwoofers by Price and Vendor
post #18886 of 18892 Old Today, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:
Ah...that will make for a much fairer comparison...dimensions are about the same for both...fit and finish is a personal choice. I've seen the black texture used on the PSA, its very nice & appears maintenance free. Not a big fan of PB gloss as they're dust magnets the alternate finish used by Svs is more my style...one reason why I chose PSA was the veneer options available for that wife approval factor.

Good luck and report back your finding...I really enjoyed the SB13U...by all accounts the S1500 should be very bit its equal or more...it will be a tough call...flip of the coin, that's for sure.

Bill...
A much fairer comparison indeed, for movies. I still think the SB13-Ultra will give either PSA sub a run for its money with music . For movies, the S1500 is a much better value than the $1600 Ultra. It’s also surprising how much more the Ultra weighs compared to the S1500.

I too like the PSA finish on my XS30. It’s durable and looks much better than I thought it would. But I love the piano black of the Ultra. It just takes a few seconds to gently wipe it down with a microfiber cloth towel.
Billy p likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #18887 of 18892 Old Today, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
A much fairer comparison indeed, for movies. I still think the SB13-Ultra will give either PSA sub a run for its money with music . For movies, the S1500 is a much better value than the $1600 Ultra. It’s also surprising how much more the Ultra weighs compared to the S1500.

I too like the PSA finish on my XS30. It’s durable and looks much better than I thought it would. But I love the piano black of the Ultra. It just takes a few seconds to gently wipe it down with a microfiber cloth towel.
Yes sir...that Ultra is beastly...it alone almost weights as much as the S1500 but that isn't everything.

My 12" Acoustic Elegance (~40lbs) highly efficient with only 500w amp, (1K capable) which included a huge magnet + motor structure with around 22.5mm linear xmax. Still very difficult to distinguish any sonic advantages it held over lesser drivers or subs...of course these were larger & more capable subs...not your average run of the mill 12".

Anyhow...the 13U is a tremendous sub....
dsrussell likes this.

post #18888 of 18892 Old Today, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Nope; looks like a null. If it were the crossover, it wouldn't recover quickly to the same SPL as under 80hz
There you go, that's why forums are excellent! I was thinking it was a changeover from the Sub to the FL speaker!
post #18889 of 18892 Old Today, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:

Just my 2 cents...
I’m in a bit of a quandary concerning my PSA sub. I was thinking about auditioning the S3000i, but I don’t think it will integrate well with my XS30. If I update my XS30 with “se” drivers and the new amp/dsp, I think it would integrate much better with the S3000i. But then, I’d be nearing Seaton territory as far as price is concerned . When I face that type of dilemma, I usually back off and say, “good is good enough.” . Especially for movies.
nalthien likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #18890 of 18892 Old Today, 08:17 PM

No no it's not. Enough is when you see the shock wave incoming...
post #18891 of 18892 Old Today, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there a reason there are no veneer options for the S3000i?
post #18892 of 18892 Old Today, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7300 View Post
Is there a reason there are no veneer options for the S3000i?
I don't think the website has been updated yet.

ShaunH
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page