Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 631 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18901 of 18904 Old Today, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
I’m in a bit of a quandary concerning my PSA sub. I was thinking about auditioning the S3000i, but I don’t think it will integrate well with my XS30. If I update my XS30 with “se” drivers and the new amp/dsp, I think it would integrate much better with the S3000i. But then, I’d be nearing Seaton territory as far as price is concerned . When I face that type of dilemma, I usually back off and say, “good is good enough.” . Especially for movies.
I bet you'd find the XS30 and S3000i work well together. The S3000i will have a ton more headroom of course. Good news and bad news..

Good news is, the room size control on the S3000i will allow you to dial in the optimal deep bass attenuation to mimic the XS30. This will minimize any chance of phase shift related cancellations between the two subs.

Bad news is, you'll trade off the potential for deeper extension from the S3000i by doing the above. But I'm guessing the XS30 extends plenty deep for you anyway?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
nalthien likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18902 of 18904 Unread Today, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I bet you'd find the XS30 and S3000i work well together. The S3000i will have a ton more headroom of course. Good news and bad news..

Good news is, the room size control on the S3000i will allow you to dial in the optimal deep bass attenuation to mimic the XS30. This will minimize any chance of phase shift related cancellations between the two subs.

Bad news is, you'll trade off the potential for deeper extension from the S3000i by doing the above. But I'm guessing the XS30 extends plenty deep for you anyway?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Hi Tom,

The XS30 does indeed get down surprisingly deep and I’ve been very happy with its movie LFE performance. BTW, I’ve P.M.’d you relating to my concerns.
ahblaza likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #18903 of 18904 Unread Today, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
I am in the same situation with the XS30. IMO, if considering dual the 3 real PSA options are

Find another XS30 ($)
Add an XS30se that will integrate well with the XS30 ($$)
Sell the XS30 and go with 2 S3000i ($$$)

I am currently auditioning a single S3000i that is placed in the same spot as my XS30 but still dialing it in. I lost some set up time due to shipping delay on Saturday and then decent weather/yardwork on Sunday. Dual S3000i is on the table but not sure yet if I really need duals (I WANT dual, but do I NEED dual )

After getting home late last night I was too tired to do any adjusting so I just watched some TV for an hour before bed. The S3000i is already sounding better than my XS30-no big surprise there but the smiles are already starting
Yes, we are in the same boat . Not easy decisions to make.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #18904 of 18904 Unread Today, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Hi Tom,

The XS30 does indeed get down surprisingly deep and I’ve been very happy with its movie LFE performance. BTW, I’ve P.M.’d you relating to my concerns.
My dual XS30SEs dig surprisingly deep in my space, plenty of output in the single digits (7).
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread