Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 634 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 17103Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,824
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I hadn't heard anything about tweaking the SE model amps for better extension.
Tom?
That is still on our "to do" list but there are quite a few things taking precedent at the moment. To be honest it is in the "we'll get to this when we can" list. I think I've always mentioned it is something we MIGHT be able to do. Jury is still out until we can do some testing.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mnc and oneeyeblind like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Member
 
brettus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I would caution against looking at any singular T/S parameter for an audio driver. First, any claims of unusually large "xmax" should always be backed up with some evidence. A Klippel test report for example. Second, you are limiting yourself to one(out of dozens) parameter on one(out of several) key elements in any speaker or subwoofer design. Put a short throw 10mm xmax driver in the hands of a talented engineer and I'd bet folks would be shocked on how much better it sounds versus the "biggest driver in the biggest box with the biggest amp" approach.

To answer the questions though....we don't provide any T/S parameters on our products, sorry.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Hi Tom,

As you would have read in my later posts I had already measured T/S and just needed xmax (and power handling helps) for bassbox to help with modelling a suitable box instead of blatantly copying your design and needing to EQ to suit as I use pro amps. The drivers were picked up at a reasonable price so I thought I'd have a go at it as I have a room full of 12inch subs with PR's!

I understand you not disclosing TS parameters as that would lead to quick copies out of china like everything else in this world...

Regards,
Brett
brettus is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Daytona Beach Fl.
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
It is an SVS SB12NSD
Thanks, I knew the SB13 couldn't be that much smaller. I needed a smaller sub and almost got the SB13 but went with PSA.
jd10ac is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
It is an SVS SB12NSD
So wait, did you pick an sb12-nsd over the s1500?
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
deepat04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
So wait, did you pick an sb12-nsd over the s1500?
No an SVS SB13U

The picture with the S1500 is with my SVS SB12NSD
deepat04 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I hadn't heard anything about tweaking the SE model amps for better extension.
Tom?
It would not be much of a change for the sealed subs. The biggest change would have been for the ported versions.
ahblaza likes this.
bear123 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,560
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

I'm about to start my acoustic project.
I spent the last week building acoustic panels for my entertainment room. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Would this be so subtle that I would convince myself I was hearing a difference when there actually wasn't one, or would it put a smile on my face. Well, it put a huge smile on my face. I'm not going to use a bunch of superlatives to describe the difference, but the clarity of everything is so much better. Even my wife, who never seems to notice when I upgrade my room, said it sounded clearer. There is a very noticeable difference coming from the center channel, and a crispness coming from every speaker.

I've attached some pics from my modest room. Also, for those that are interested in numbers and what they mean or don't mean, the zip will show Audyssey before and after the treatment. In this instance, unlike pre-acoustics, the sub is now a set it and forget it. I ran another Audyessy this morning when the neighborhood was quieter and in the proper order, that is why the differences between left and right are more inline with one another. So, for $377 and a new S1500, my room that has so many "bad" things about it has been transformed.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room1A.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	699490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Room 1B.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	699498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5004.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	699506  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Acoustics.zip (1.9 KB, 37 views)
Aliens is online now  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
For double duty, 50/50 music and HT, XS15se or the XV15se. I really like the idea of the higher output for movies, but fear the bass may be a bit muddled when it comes to 2 channel listening.
JusCogens is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusCogens View Post
For double duty, 50/50 music and HT, XS15se or the XV15se. I really like the idea of the higher output for movies, but fear the bass may be a bit muddled when it comes to 2 channel listening.
Well if the room is small enough or you don't listen very loud you won't need the extra output, so you might as well save some coin and get the xs15se.

How big is the room in cubic feet and how loud do you listen relative to reference level?
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Well if the room is small enough or you don't listen very loud you won't need the extra output, so you might as well save some coin and get the xs15se.

How big is the room in cubic feet and how loud do you listen relative to reference level?
The room is 3000ft3. I generally listen about -10db although occasionally I will listen at reference (this was with my old system, currently rebuilding my ht, the sub is one of the first stops on the journey)

Thanks!
JusCogens is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,824
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusCogens View Post
The room is 3000ft3. I generally listen about -10db although occasionally I will listen at reference (this was with my old system, currently rebuilding my ht, the sub is one of the first stops on the journey)

Thanks!
3000 cu-fr and pushing reference levels on occasion go with the Xv15se. With music the XV15se and XS15se will sound similar. In fact you might have a tough time telling one from the other if you had both in the room for a comparison. The main performance difference will be 15-30hz output. This is a relatively narrow but important bandwidth with regards to action oriented movies.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Brent A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dowagiac, MI
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Well, after about 3-1/2 hours of tinkering last night, I was finally able to get my Laptop and REW to agree with each other and I was able to do several repeatable sweeps and the results confirmed what I was hearing. There is a huge null at 55Hz. It was late and I didn’t really have any time to do any tweaking or moving of the subs, but I was just thrilled to finally get REW to work.

Quick question though. As far as microphone positioning, it should be pointing straight up at the ceiling when measuring, correct?

I have the UMIK-1
Brent A is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
nalthien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent A View Post
Quick question though. As far as microphone positioning, it should be pointing straight up at the ceiling when measuring, correct?
Yes. And using a 90-degree calibration file.

A: Marantz AV7702 | McIntosh C2300 | McIntosh MC452 | Martin Logan Theos | Martin Logan Motif X | PSA S3000i (x2)
V: Vizio P702UI-b3
S: VPI Traveler v2 | Ps3 | Roku 3 | Apple TV | Parasound Zdac
Best ID Subwoofers by Price and Vendor (outdated; to be updated)
nalthien is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Brent A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dowagiac, MI
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
Yes. And using a 90-degree calibration file.
Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

I used the calibration file from the miniDSP site that I downloaded after entering the mic's serial number so I should be good there.
Brent A is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
FattyMcButterPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusCogens View Post
The room is 3000ft3. I generally listen about -10db although occasionally I will listen at reference (this was with my old system, currently rebuilding my ht, the sub is one of the first stops on the journey)

Thanks!
Like Tom said, it sounds like the xv15se is the better choice for you. I have a pair of them myself and think they sound great for music, as does everyone that has come over and listened to them. Very clean and powerful when the source material calls for it.
FattyMcButterPants is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
3000 cu-fr and pushing reference levels on occasion go with the Xv15se. With music the XV15se and XS15se will sound similar. In fact you might have a tough time telling one from the other if you had both in the room for a comparison. The main performance difference will be 15-30hz output. This is a relatively narrow but important bandwidth with regards to action oriented movies.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Like Tom said, it sounds like the xv15se is the better choice for you. I have a pair of them myself and think they sound great for music, as does everyone that has come over and listened to them. Very clean and powerful when the source material calls for it.
Thanks for the advice! Sounds like the XV15Se is the say to go!
JusCogens is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 3,991
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked: 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
I spent the last week building acoustic panels for my entertainment room. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Would this be so subtle that I would convince myself I was hearing a difference when there actually wasn't one, or would it put a smile on my face. Well, it put a huge smile on my face. I'm not going to use a bunch of superlatives to describe the difference, but the clarity of everything is so much better. Even my wife, who never seems to notice when I upgrade my room, said it sounded clearer. There is a very noticeable difference coming from the center channel, and a crispness coming from every speaker.

I've attached some pics from my modest room. Also, for those that are interested in numbers and what they mean or don't mean, the zip will show Audyssey before and after the treatment. In this instance, unlike pre-acoustics, the sub is now a set it and forget it. I ran another Audyessy this morning when the neighborhood was quieter and in the proper order, that is why the differences between left and right are more inline with one another. So, for $377 and a new S1500, my room that has so many "bad" things about it has been transformed.


Very nice. What material did you use and where did your get it?
Hopinater is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,560
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Very nice. What material did you use and where did your get it?
Thanks.

I used Roxul AFB (3") for the insulation, and black symphony, broadcloth (very breathable) from Jo-Ann Fabrics (all on sale). I wanted to go with 4" AFB, but I only needed 2 more batts to go that route, so I couldn't justify the leftover 4 batts for the added $60. The rear doors have 6" each. I ordered the AFB from Cyber Bridge Marine, but had to drive to Richmond to pick it up, which was much cheaper than having it shipped.
Aliens is online now  
Old 05-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I recently auditioned dual V1500’s, dual XS30SE’s and just auditioned the dual S3000i’s.

I am by no means experienced with REW or any measurements or graphs. I am only going by listening which is a bit of a challenge in my converted attic to bedroom which is approx. 20 x 14 x 8 with a dormer in front and back. I have to say that I am totally satisfied and blown away with the S3000i’s and they are a keeper. They sound fantastic! My split is 50/50 to both Music and Home Theater and I am running Audessey from my Denon X5200W. I dialed them in at -10 and I like to run 6 hot.

Tom has been very helpful during this process and customer service is second to none.
I highly recommend PSA products and I look forward to years of enjoyment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	700378  
oneeyeblind, brettus and gbreda like this.
bad1550 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
I recently auditioned dual V1500’s, dual XS30SE’s and just auditioned the dual S3000i’s.

I am by no means experienced with REW or any measurements or graphs. I am only going by listening which is a bit of a challenge in my converted attic to bedroom which is approx. 20 x 14 x 8 with a dormer in front and back. I have to say that I am totally satisfied and blown away with the S3000i’s and they are a keeper. They sound fantastic! My split is 50/50 to both Music and Home Theater and I am running Audessey from my Denon X5200W. I dialed them in at -10 and I like to run 6 hot.

Tom has been very helpful during this process and customer service is second to none.
I highly recommend PSA products and I look forward to years of enjoyment.
Wow, three sets of subs demo'd! How would you compare the XS30's to the S3000i's?
oneeyeblind likes this.
bear123 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Wow, three sets of subs demo'd! How would you compare the XS30's to the S3000i's?
The XS30SE's sounded great - After hearing all of the positive reviews regarding the S3000i's I had to try them out and so glad I did - You cannot go wrong with either one!
Mike Butny and gbreda like this.
bad1550 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
The XS30SE's sounded great - After hearing all of the positive reviews regarding the S3000i's I had to try them out and so glad I did - You cannot go wrong with either one!

After getting a single S3000i set up pretty well in the same location as my XS30 (non SE), I completely agree with you!! Music is clean, tight, plenty of impact. After watching only one movie so far all I can say is Holy Crap!!

The S3000i outperforms my old XS30 like it was a single 12". We watched Interstellar at -12 MV and the sub running 2 hot-The XS30 would shake the coffee table and floor a bit, but with the S3000i it felt like I had butt kickers in the sofa, at times feeling pressure in my ears and on the next morning I was checking the outside siding to see if anything fell of the house!! Oh and I now have some rattling to take care of that was never there before. This is all with one and not even trying the second yet. PSA has the real deal for sure with this unit !!
gbreda is online now  
Old 05-04-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,062
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
After getting a single S3000i set up pretty well in the same location as my XS30 (non SE), I completely agree with you!! Music is clean, tight, plenty of impact. After watching only one movie so far all I can say is Holy Crap!!

The S3000i outperforms my old XS30 like it was a single 12". We watched Interstellar at -12 MV and the sub running 2 hot-The XS30 would shake the coffee table and floor a bit, but with the S3000i it felt like I had butt kickers in the sofa, at times feeling pressure in my ears and on the next morning I was checking the outside siding to see if anything fell of the house!! Oh and I now have some rattling to take care of that was never there before. This is all with one and not even trying the second yet. PSA has the real deal for sure with this unit !!
I really do not like these types of posts. Now I have the urge to upgrade.
mnc and oneeyeblind like this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
Old 05-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Member
 
sinisanav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
I spent the last week building acoustic panels for my entertainment room. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Would this be so subtle that I would convince myself I was hearing a difference when there actually wasn't one, or would it put a smile on my face. Well, it put a huge smile on my face. I'm not going to use a bunch of superlatives to describe the difference, but the clarity of everything is so much better. Even my wife, who never seems to notice when I upgrade my room, said it sounded clearer. There is a very noticeable difference coming from the center channel, and a crispness coming from every speaker.
Very cool, exactly the effects I got after placing my panels, with similar decrease in the taming of the sub and leveling of the other channels by the EQ.

Question for you, as I see you did place corner bass traps/tritraps, what are your towers, can't recognize them but they look like Def Techs , are these bipolar or front firing. My worry about the trip-traps in the corner is that hey might deaden up the bipolar driver array and decrease the feel of bigger soundstage that my 7001's have.

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
sinisanav is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cr136124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
I really do not like these types of posts. Now I have the urge to upgrade.
Do it


Do it


Do it



Do it
oneeyeblind and climber07 like this.
cr136124 is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jhughy2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
We watched Interstellar at -12 MV and the sub running 2 hot
You are brave! It was a very awesome movie to watch with duals... although I think I kept close to -20dB MV!

On a side note... anyone know how to make a built in fireplace stop rattling
oneeyeblind likes this.
jhughy2010 is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
You are brave! It was a very awesome movie to watch with duals... although I think I kept close to -20dB MV!

On a side note... anyone know how to make a built in fireplace stop rattling
If you can figure out exactly WHAT is rattling on the fireplace, maybe some of the high temp(i.e. made for fireplaces) silicone if it can be used out of sight.
jhughy2010 likes this.
bear123 is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
gbreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
You are brave! It was a very awesome movie to watch with duals... although I think I kept close to -20dB MV!

On a side note... anyone know how to make a built in fireplace stop rattling
There were times I started reaching for the remote to turn it down a bit, but never did. Overall everything really was balanced in relation to what the director wanted....quiet and loud at appropriate times. At the time the airlock exploded and damaged Endurance, I thought I blew something in the system when complete silence followed

We started this movie at 9:20 PM-luckily I live in a wooded area as midnight was very loud here
jhughy2010 likes this.
gbreda is online now  
Old 05-05-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aliens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,560
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
Very cool, exactly the effects I got after placing my panels, with similar decrease in the taming of the sub and leveling of the other channels by the EQ.

Question for you, as I see you did place corner bass traps/tritraps, what are your towers, can't recognize them but they look like Def Techs , are these bipolar or front firing. My worry about the trip-traps in the corner is that hey might deaden up the bipolar driver array and decrease the feel of bigger soundstage that my 7001's have.
Yes, bipolar 2002TLs. You bring up an excellent point and one worth experimenting with. Although, I sent pics and equipment details to Bob Payne at GIK and he recommended the Tri-Traps as a part of his plan. Because of the room design in the right corner (and cost), I opted to not go with the solid core and went with the 3" open back. That particular corner gets more venting than I would like, and more venting than the left corner, but my thought was that venting would negate some or most of the possible negative affect they may have on the rear firing of the 2002s. They still sound very bright. But I'm no expert on this stuff, so I could be entirely wrong.
Aliens is online now  
Old 05-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Member
 
moussaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
After getting a single S3000i set up pretty well in the same location as my XS30 (non SE), I completely agree with you!! Music is clean, tight, plenty of impact. After watching only one movie so far all I can say is Holy Crap!!

The S3000i outperforms my old XS30 like it was a single 12". We watched Interstellar at -12 MV and the sub running 2 hot-The XS30 would shake the coffee table and floor a bit, but with the S3000i it felt like I had butt kickers in the sofa, at times feeling pressure in my ears and on the next morning I was checking the outside siding to see if anything fell of the house!! Oh and I now have some rattling to take care of that was never there before. This is all with one and not even trying the second yet. PSA has the real deal for sure with this unit !!
I haven't been here in a while and was reading up through the topic. I didn't even know PSA released another line of subs. Now I feel like I need to replace my XS30... Why did I come back here?
Scarriere likes this.

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon x2000 | EMP E55Ti | E56Ci | E55Wi | PSA XS30 x2
moussaka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off