Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 634 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #18991 of 18996 Old Today, 11:56 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I'm still hoping that once Tom and Jim get a moment they will tweak the BASH amps to try and see if they can get the newer SE versions of the XV and XS subs the extension that the non-SE version had. Tom mentioned taking a look at this a while back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Yeah, sorry again about that bass(and there 3-4 others we PLANNED on shipping upgrades). A combination of events transpired to delay this and ultimately have us cancel it altogether.

The whole point was to gather info that we could rely on to anyone asking about the differences between the current SE products and the new ICE powered products. Secondary to that was attempting to get opinions on if we should offer ICE upgrades to current SE products. We had scheduled 6 amps to be expressed in(over nighted) to get here about 15 days before we were going to make the new ICE product announcements and begin taking orders. So we could have all of the feedback here BEFORE the ICE announcements.

However there was a last second delay in this as circuit revisions delayed things at the OEM. So we never got any production samples early. Also, the more we thought about it the more we leaned toward NOT offering the ICE amps as upgrades. The pricing just didn't make any sense in relation to the (mostly subtle) performance increases involved in our opinion.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I hadn't heard anything about tweaking the SE model amps for better extension.
Tom?

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18992 of 18996 Old Today, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I hadn't heard anything about tweaking the SE model amps for better extension.
Tom?
That is still on our "to do" list but there are quite a few things taking precedent at the moment. To be honest it is in the "we'll get to this when we can" list. I think I've always mentioned it is something we MIGHT be able to do. Jury is still out until we can do some testing.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
mnc and oneeyeblind like this.
post #18993 of 18996 Unread Today, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I would caution against looking at any singular T/S parameter for an audio driver. First, any claims of unusually large "xmax" should always be backed up with some evidence. A Klippel test report for example. Second, you are limiting yourself to one(out of dozens) parameter on one(out of several) key elements in any speaker or subwoofer design. Put a short throw 10mm xmax driver in the hands of a talented engineer and I'd bet folks would be shocked on how much better it sounds versus the "biggest driver in the biggest box with the biggest amp" approach.

To answer the questions though....we don't provide any T/S parameters on our products, sorry.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Hi Tom,

As you would have read in my later posts I had already measured T/S and just needed xmax (and power handling helps) for bassbox to help with modelling a suitable box instead of blatantly copying your design and needing to EQ to suit as I use pro amps. The drivers were picked up at a reasonable price so I thought I'd have a go at it as I have a room full of 12inch subs with PR's!

I understand you not disclosing TS parameters as that would lead to quick copies out of china like everything else in this world...

Regards,
Brett
post #18994 of 18996 Unread Today, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
It is an SVS SB12NSD
Thanks, I knew the SB13 couldn't be that much smaller. I needed a smaller sub and almost got the SB13 but went with PSA.
post #18995 of 18996 Unread Today, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
It is an SVS SB12NSD
So wait, did you pick an sb12-nsd over the s1500?
post #18996 of 18996 Unread Today, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
So wait, did you pick an sb12-nsd over the s1500?
No an SVS SB13U

The picture with the S1500 is with my SVS SB12NSD
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page