Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 636 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19051 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post
Gentlemen:

It's time to give your PSA's a workout. I am not responsible for any damage to your sub or anything in your homes that will vibrate, fall and/or break as a result of this madness.

Subwoofer Tests on YouTube
I use this and also a bass mekanic cd that does 90-80hz all the way down to 10-0hz for my room resonances and anything else...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19052 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Haha. I got the blem Bstock one The only way I could afford a third.

Hopefully my spot (only one place to put it) shows the proper increase in HR
They have another b-stock right now. Wish I could grab it but unfortunately I can't.
Hopefully they will have another b-stock when I'm ready. For right around $1000, it's hard to beat the XS30se!
ahblaza likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
post #19053 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Brian where are you going to put it again, two up front and ?????
one will be exactly where one is now...back left corner behind MLP...i will put the new sub behnd the screen on other side of center speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
he is going to put a seat cushion and back rest on it and place it at the MLP.

PCA- Power Chair Audio.
not a terrible idea haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Haha I was just picturing Brian with one of those little portable bleacher chairs sitting on top of his new xs30se. Good stuff.
lmao!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Adding a third sub does not guarantee your FR maintains flat. It could be worse. Now, adding a fourth one will be ultimate
this would be very saddening...

good news is the 30 day in home trial still remains so if thats the case...she will go back

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-5 gen | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | 3 - PSA XS30 (1 SE) | OPPO 103 |

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
post #19054 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 2074
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
I will say that watching Interstaller as my first movie with the S3000i had me thinking that no way do I need duals and had similar thoughts of the room exploding with 2 of these-maybe that thought process will change as I get time to put some less bass heavy movies in. Unfortunately weekdays are not good at all for that so it may be this weekend before I get more time to play.

You might be surprised by what a second adds. There's always the potential to minimize room induced peaks and dips in the response. However, you really can't be sure if/when the single S3000i might be limiting a big bass dynamic. The limiters/compressors (in a well engineered sub) should be transparent. So the single S3000i could be approaching its limits without making it clearly audible.

Try the second, could be interesting..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.
post #19055 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 2074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
I watched Interstellar at -15 and WOW, this was the 1st movie that I thought maybe adding a 3rd XS30SE might explode the room.

I'm going to order that today. What else should I grab? Edge of Tomorrow and?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
ahblaza likes this.
post #19056 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Oblivion?
ahblaza and moussaka like this.

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-5 gen | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | 3 - PSA XS30 (1 SE) | OPPO 103 |

post #19057 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
It's far more than "interesting." It's an experience.

A: Marantz AV7702 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Martin Logan Theos | Martin Logan Motif X | PSA S3000i (x2)
V: Vizio P702UI-b3 | Ps3 | Roku 3 | AppleTV
Best ID Subwoofers by Price and Vendor
post #19058 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

I'm sure you have War of The worlds already?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
post #19059 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Definitely "Edge of Tomorrow" the opening scene has incredible LFE, I don't know if anyone has ever measured how low the ultrasonics are - but I thought my listening room was about to be teleported to another dimension - my XS-30 & XS-15 made the room shake, rattle & roll!
ahblaza likes this.

post #19060 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post
Definitely "Edge of Tomorrow" the opening scene has incredible LFE, I don't know if anyone has ever measured how low the ultrasonics are - but I thought my listening room was about to be teleported to another dimension - my XS-30 & XS-15 made the room shake, rattle & roll!
http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.p...-121#entry4432

Edge of Tomorrow (7.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level - 5 Stars (113.59dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (9Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (27.61dB)
Execution - 5 Stars (by poll)

Overall - 5 Stars

Recommendation - Buy (by poll)

Notes: The tones at the beginning are the highest level single tones I've seen in a movie. If you have a commercial sub, or are gain matched, you'll probably be fine playing them at your normal levels. If not, and especially if you run subs hot or have ported/IB subs without a strong HPF, be careful at the beginning.

Lots of unfiltered content below 20Hz that gets masked in the graphs by those tones, but it's there. Very good sound design overall, with only a little bit of clipping. Mostly it's carefully limited, as seen in the waveforms below. This is an example of being able to get the most out of the track when designing and mixing. Very good movie.

PvA:

EdgeOfTomorrow-PvA.PNG

I have yet tpo re-run this since completing my HT...I have to get it back from the in0laws who are borrowing it!! better off..since tomorrow i am getting my 3rd sub
ahblaza likes this.

Last edited by Brian Fineberg; Yesterday at 10:42 AM.
post #19061 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

From the EOT thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
Spectral content of the bass

post #19062 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalthien View Post
It's far more than "interesting." It's an experience.
I dont know, as my better half said last night when I brought up some questions on the difference from the XS30-"let them ask me who knows nothing about this stuff, but I thought the walls were going to cave in and I swear the dog's bed was levitating at times-with the dog in it !". You gotta love the woman, she hates the way these things look but loves the final outcome . When I was looking for a new sub 3-4 years ago, I told her that I was asked by another ID vendor "Do you want Theater Experiance or IMAX?" Her response was "you said IMAX, right?" and she was not being sarcastic.

Anyway, I have the 2nd S3000i and will do as much as I can getting it integrated this weekend. I guess I really didn't need the second floor to stay up there anyway.
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.
post #19063 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Inception! Love the movie and a great bass movie. Chapter One was all I needed to play to know I was keeping the XS30SE over the V1500.
Mike Butny likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
post #19064 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Godzilla 2014 regardless that it was filtered below 30hz, it's a must have in my opinion.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #19065 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Quote:
Oblivion?
ABSOLUTELY! I have all three of those movies and all three are great IMO. I would also add Inception.
ahblaza likes this.
post #19066 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:

I have yet tpo re-run this since completing my HT...I have to get it back from the in0laws who are borrowing it!! better off..since tomorrow i am getting my 3rd sub
Whoa…. I have a new job so I've been swamped and away from AVS and I guess I missed this. Brian, you are getting another sub? An XS30se I assume?

That should be incredible in your new HT.
post #19067 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Whoa…. I have a new job so I've been swamped and away from AVS and I guess I missed this. Brian, you are getting another sub? An XS30se I assume?

That should be incredible in your new HT.
Yessir! Xs30se will be here tomorrow!
post #19068 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Yessir! Xs30se will be here tomorrow!
Brian excuse my density but you're leaving the one 30 where it's at behind the MLp and the other two upfront or one next to your center and the other side wall. Sorry brother just curious.

I just wanted to let everyone know I sold all the amps I had in no time and now someone wants to buy my Sota Sapphire series 111 turntable. What am I going to do with all this extra cash. Maybe I'll sell my XS30SEs and wait on the the beast to come out (V3600) and get a few of those
post #19069 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Brian excuse my density but you're leaving the one 30 where it's at behind the MLp and the other two upfront or one next to your center and the other side wall. Sorry brother just curious.

I just wanted to let everyone know I sold all the amps I had in no time and now someone wants to buy my Sota Sapphire series 111 turntable. What am I going to do with all this extra cash. Maybe I'll sell my XS30SEs and wait on the the beast to come out (V3600) and get a few of those
Haha think you can handle the switch from sealed to ported? You have owned both (sealed and ported alignments) several times right? What difference, if any, have you been able to find between them Jeff? And what would you expect to gain by going with the v3600 over your current dual xs30se's?

I am just curious for curiosity sake. Not sure I have met someone that has owned as many quality subs as you have so I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; Yesterday at 09:46 PM.
post #19070 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 2165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Godzilla 2014 regardless that it was filtered below 30hz, it's a must have in my opinion.
Clipped and neutered...I'll pass!

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #19071 of 19072 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm looking at a pair of S3000s for a room 16 ft x 12 x 8ft high.

Any thoughts on what kind of an upgrade that will be for me from a Paradigm Sub 1?

Also looking at Submersives - any thoughts on both?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
post #19072 of 19072 Unread Today, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No both 30's will be up front. Inside mains on each side of the center both behind the AT screen. The SE will be where the current 30 is in the back left corner behind the mlp
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page