Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 645 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19321 of 19328 Unread Today, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Are you really that insecure that because I said that in the PSA thread that amp can push the driver to full excursion you feel some need to attack my post like that? Have I in anyway said a Gamma 15 is better then any of your subs for you to make a post like this?

How do you know I don't have that info? As if I would post it in the PSA thread, I'm sure if I did you'd just go off on another rant about me or what you think I have or haven't done.

Funny how others make the posts of the RA subs yet you feel the need to only quote my post and try to come after me asking for me to post proof of my statement, I guess by now I really shouldn't be surprised.
What does that even mean Joe? Like I said, I can run a 50 watt amp and say the same thing. So I'm asking you what it means. It just sounds like some head of PR for a competitor randomly tossing out marketing bullet points? I don't know what special info you may have or not. Just asking. Who else is making specific performance claims like this? And now you'll play the victim card again? Oh god...better rush back to PM and try to convince more potential Power Sound Audio customers not to purchase our products I guess?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19322 of 19328 Unread Today, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
BTW, here is the Compression for the S1500,

Measured with a calibrated CLIO system not a "spl meter"...

Oh and here is the electrical on the Room Size control that Power Sound Audio designed in case someone needs to copy/paste the information into their product owner's manual

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom, can you explain those graphs where a laymen like myself can understand them? I have been playing with the room control more lately setting up my S1500 and honestly am not sure what I am changing. Thanks.
post #19323 of 19328 Unread Today, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 1496
Quote:
What does that even mean Joe? Like I said, I can run a 50 watt amp and say the same thing. So I'm asking you what it means. It just sounds like some head of PR for a competitor randomly tossing out marketing bullet points? I don't know what special info you may have or not. Just asking. Who else is making specific performance claims like this? And now you'll play the victim card again? Oh god...better rush back to PM and try to convince more potential Power Sound Audio customers not to purchase our products I guess?

Tom V.

Power Sound Audio

Tom where does that even come from, I for the record like your subs very much and I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the PM thing, I have never sent someone a PM and told them not to buy your stuff, if someone sends me a pm I'll give someone an opinion of my experience with the PSA subs that I owned. I don't go looking for people to tell them not to buy your stuff. I'm not sure why that's hard to believe, I have no ill will towards you but you seem to have issues with me. You must have forgotten that I was one of your customers and very much enjoyed dealing with you, but some how you seem to think I've wronged you. Anyways like I have in the past id rather just move on.
dsrussell likes this.
post #19324 of 19328 Unread Today, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 1060
Well…. All I know is I really like my PSA subs and speakers A LOT!!!!!

I also appreciate the customer service that I always get from Tom and Jim and I'm more than willing to pay a little extra for the quality of products, the excellent engineering and the incredible customer service I always get.

I'm sure the Reaction products are just fine but PSA has totally won my support because everything I have from them has been of excellent quality and every time I have a question Tom answers it in less than a day and often in less than an hour (even on weekends). That's unheard of in this day and age and it's worth it's weight in gold IMO.
gbreda likes this.
post #19325 of 19328 Unread Today, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Really? Interesting. Proof? At all frequencies? What limiters are employed? How is the attack and sustain worked out? I could incorporate a 50 watt amp into the S1500 and say "the driver can be driven to full excursion" as that really means nothing without context. Do you have a FR/waterfall/compression anything?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom, since you have a lot of expertise on subs. Is there any drivers that can be driven to full excursion under 20Hz? Or is this a very difficult area to get full excursion? Because I was thinking maybe not, and full excursion is only at a narrow band of the FR and its a misconception.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
(2) Klipsch RF7-II's, (2) Funk Audio 18.0 subs

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
post #19326 of 19328 Unread Today, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Tom, please return my call at your earliest convenience?

Thank you.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #19327 of 19328 Unread Today, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:

Instead of the subtle jabs and outright mud slinging, perhaps a quick "thanks for taking this one for the team" could be in order? Nah.... http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enh...7086701-23.gif

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Wait for it.... Wait for it....

Quote:
Just a FYI, the two subs use the same exact amplifier module.

Also, I would be hesitant to compare any two products solely on specifications or worse yet...one single "spec"(especially when it is just copy/pasted from a competitor's website). Jim and I have been doing this since the late 1990s and we've learned that there are *many* factors much more important than a specification with regards to a successful and sustainable business model. When potential customers consider a Power Sound Audio product they rarely/ never base their purchase decision on an amp rating IME.

Here are a few random thoughts that may explain why we feel our products represent a solid value.

First and foremost our customers expect AND deserve a certain level of customer service and availability when questions are presented(email, chat, phone, etc). When you place an order you can except immediate shipment unless it is a special order. 7 days a week, we're available to assist with any/all questions about our products.

Orders are not charged until they ship. The only time they are is if we get a cancellation notice from our merchant account system. This will usually occur 7-14 days after the order is placed. So on something like a couple custom wood veneers subs we may need to charge before shipping. And we only send out tracking information when we ship a product. 95+ % of orders ship within one business day. Could we lower pricing across the board by delaying shipments 2-4-6 weeks? Sure, anytime you take money weeks/months ahead of time you can streamline cash flow to some degree.

We usually have 20-40 subwoofers and speakers pre built and ready to ship at any time. I'll include a picture of our (messy) warehouse in this post.

Build quality and fit and finish. Compare ours with competitors and I believe you'll see where some of the extra cost of product goes. And look for IN FOCUS close up shots before making any final judgments too.

Speaker crossovers are all designed, assembled, and tested in house. This insure product quality and consistency. Goto our "official speaker thread" and you'll see all products are performing to "spec" with no odd surprises. Every speaker is measured before boxing and shipping.

When looking at measured subwoofer performance pay close attention to metrics like the Waterfall, Impulse, Group Delay as well as FR and output. You may see the difference between a few months of engineering and a few minutes..

We also don't have our customers PMing folks here telling them NOT to purchase competitor products. But everyone seems to recognize that for what it really is lately.

I could go on and on but I have work to do..

At the end of the day there is a variety of quality options. And each will have its own set of "pros" and "cons" Each individual can weigh those as needed to make the best purchase decision for them. I just wanted to preset a few reasons why our products are priced the way they are.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I guess these rules only apply in other threads...
post #19328 of 19328 Unread Today, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Tom, since you have a lot of expertise on subs. Is there any drivers that can be driven to full excursion under 20Hz? Or is this a very difficult area to get full excursion? Because I was thinking maybe not, and full excursion is only at a narrow band of the FR and its a misconception.
Few subs can be driven to full excursion at full bandwidth.
This is evidenced by the many different passive tests on many commercial subs done by Ricci with the powersoft amp, where often large amounts of power were required to get the sub near maximum at higher frequencies. Typically the bottom octave places greater excursion demands on the driver.

If the question was to as our subs being either efficient or under-powered?, I think the test results from the previous models with the inferior Dayton amp indicate that the mating of single module to driver are ample matches. Albeit the Dayton produces some harsh THD figures at clipping admittedly.

The new amps sound and perform great and I am sure they sound just as fantastic in the new PSA subs as well. I would like to thank PSA for making quality products that are made in America, all those who support them and would like to wish everyone a very happy Memorial Day weekend.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page