Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 646 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20131Likes

Old 05-26-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 4718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
^^^

The Pinnacle ain't doin't it for you anymore bh?

I still got mine in my office and love it...of course, it's only about 600 cu. ft.
No it does great but I am moving it to the PC and ditching the ****ty logitech system that crapped out.
Alan P likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Just placed my order for another pair of XS15se's.
Purchased my first pair back in July 2014.

Tom, there was no place on the online order form to leave a note.
Last time there was, why did you drop that feature?
I just wanted to remind you, that I should be entitled to a 5% off discount.

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Onkyo TX-RZ1100 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9Ch. Network Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 4
Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

congrats!! 4 should be saawweeett..

I just placed a couple orders in the last week and that option was there for me...odd...give him a call..he will help you out
Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 4205
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post

We do have a note option in there somewhere as I get notes all the time on orders for being so awesome...

We're shipping today with the noted discount Timcat. Send me a note with the preferred size and we'll pack a shirt in for you too. Anyone with 4 of our woofs needs a shirt!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4324 Post(s)
Liked: 3002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
We do have a note option in there somewhere as I get notes all the time on orders for being so awesome...

We're shipping today with the noted discount Timcat. Send me a note with the preferred size and we'll pack a shirt in for you too. Anyone with 4 of our woofs needs a shirt!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

NOTE: Tom is AWESOME!

Mike Butny and lizrussspike like this.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Any MTM 110/110C owners out there care to share their impressions with me? Especially a picture of what they look like in a real room? I really want to see what the 110C looks like as well since I wont be going with a AT screen just yet.

Since my wife and I aren't buying our first house for another year, my brain is going nuts with what speakers I should get when I get my movie/gaming room. I know money is going to be really tight, so I was eyeing the SVS Prime Towers, Center, and 2 bookshelves for a 5 speaker system. However, I am extremely intrigued by the high efficiency speakers that PSA offers. I can get my LCR and add the surrounds at a later time. In the long run, with my strict movie/gaming only style, I'm thinking that HE speakers would be the better money spent (assuming I like the sound of course). Coming from Polk TSI speakers, I'm sure I'd be blown away by either option. My room with be for 99% movie/tv watching and gaming. I will just be going with a Denon 4100 or equal to power them. Anyone care to share what these MTM 110's look and sound like?

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
Old 05-27-2015, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Na na na na na Hey Batman,

Check out page 63 of the speaker thread:

Official Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread

FYI, I went from Polk 65ts to the PSA 210s. You're in for a treat.
oneeyeblind and Batman61405 like this.

Yippee-ki-yay...
Old 05-27-2015, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
We're shipping today with the noted discount

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Thanks Tom...u da nan!

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Onkyo TX-RZ1100 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9Ch. Network Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 4
Old 05-27-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 4076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
Any MTM 110/110C owners out there care to share their impressions with me? Especially a picture of what they look like in a real room? I really want to see what the 110C looks like as well since I wont be going with a AT screen just yet.

Since my wife and I aren't buying our first house for another year, my brain is going nuts with what speakers I should get when I get my movie/gaming room. I know money is going to be really tight, so I was eyeing the SVS Prime Towers, Center, and 2 bookshelves for a 5 speaker system. However, I am extremely intrigued by the high efficiency speakers that PSA offers. I can get my LCR and add the surrounds at a later time. In the long run, with my strict movie/gaming only style, I'm thinking that HE speakers would be the better money spent (assuming I like the sound of course). Coming from Polk TSI speakers, I'm sure I'd be blown away by either option. My room with be for 99% movie/tv watching and gaming. I will just be going with a Denon 4100 or equal to power them. Anyone care to share what these MTM 110's look and sound like?
Batman I answered your question and included a photo but I posted it in the PSA speaker thread.
oneeyeblind and Batman61405 like this.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Batman I answered your question and included a photo but I posted it in the PSA speaker thread.

Hey thanks Hop. I'll try to find it.

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
Old 05-28-2015, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi, all - looking for a little guidance/input on the next PSA addition to my system.

Note: my room is just under 3,000 cu ft, non-dedicated, mainly sealed, in the basement, with carpeted floor. Two young kids, so typical listening levels generally nowhere near reference - moderate to low.

Currently have an XS15SE, which I got back around October of last year, I believe. I went with sealed based on Tom's recommendations for the anticipated room gain for my particular room. Enjoying this one to date.

Now, I have always coveted duals. I strongly contemplated just going dual at the time I bought the single XS15SE, but due to WAF restrictions, I resisted. But now the bug is back

So, I've thought about a couple of different scenarios for addition/upgrade:

1) Just add another XS15SE - this seems pretty straightforward, although this will in fact cost me more than the first one because I am in Canada and the exchange rate has shifted significantly since I purchased my first.

2) Add an XS30SE - I have a possible line on a gently used unit, about the same age as my XS15SE, which is already in Canada. Shipped to my door, the price would be less than $200 (Canadian) more than what a new factory XS15SE unit would cost me. One of my main concerns with this option is the two different models playing nicely together. It has been suggested they can/should, but I don't know if I'm convinced Maybe the addition of a MiniDSP or Antimode would be required/suggested?

3) Sell my current XS15SE and order 2 x S1500's. This would likely be the most expensive option, depending on how much I could actually get for my current unit. Plus it also has the lowest WAF, as subtracting to add is never "understood" by her I would really only do this if there would be significant benefits from doing so - which is what I don't know. The room size adjustment is an interesting feature, as is the added power of the new units. However, given my typical listening levels, I don't know whether I would get noticeable upgrade here?

Thoughts?

Thanks.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; 2 x PSA XS15se
Yamaha RX-A3040; 3 x Emotiva XPA-100
Oppo BDP-103D
Old 05-28-2015, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3505
IMHO I would go with option #2 . they 100% will work together...and its the cheapest\\next option would be #1 second cheapest and very straightforward (i think there is ione in the outlet too for extremly cheap)

none of those three options is wrong...it all depends on what route you are willing to go...($$, WAF etc)
Old 05-28-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
IMHO I would go with option #2 . they 100% will work together...and its the cheapest\\next option would be #1 second cheapest and very straightforward (i think there is ione in the outlet too for extremly cheap)

none of those three options is wrong...it all depends on what route you are willing to go...($$, WAF etc)

Thanks.

Yeah, saw that XS15SE in the outlet; but my 5% repeat discount on a new one would be basically the same, and it would be new. Shipping to Canada + taxes + exchange are what really get me - an XS15SE ends up costing about $1,250 CAD!!

Also, does anybody know if you can/should use a UMIK-1 with an Antimode 8033s-II? Or is the UMIK-1 only for REW?

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; 2 x PSA XS15se
Oppo BDP-103D
Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Grab the XS30se and place the XS15se nearfield...they should play seamlessly together setup this way.

The UMIK-1 is designed for measuring software. Antimode has its own deal for measuring the room. I would still get familiar with REW so you can see the pre and post EQ results.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2011 View Post
Thanks.

Also, does anybody know if you can/should use a UMIK-1 with an Antimode 8033s-II? Or is the UMIK-1 only for REW?
Not sure but I think Antimode prefers it's own mic, and it is not USB

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
Old 05-28-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post

Thanks. Just asking as I have a UMIK-1 (still nestled snuggly in its box, where it has been since I ordered it) already; planned to do some REW stuff but haven't gotten around to it.

Guess I'll now have to also investigate the differences between MiniDSP vs. Antimode vs. SMS...

Oppo BDP-103D
Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post

The Anti Modes come with their own mics.

Anyone on the fence regarding these should give them a try. 30 day trial, free shipping both ways....so the audition is entirely risk free. Setup couldn't be easier.

The improvements will vary of course. If you have XT32/Dirac/ARC now and you have things fully optimized I wouldn't expect a day/night type of difference at all. But if you have a lesser version of room correction like YPAO or MCACC for example....the 8033S or 2.0 Dual Core can improve the overall bass sound quality significantly.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and flweller like this.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Anyone on the fence regarding these should give them a try. 30 day trial, free shipping both ways....so the audition is entirely risk free. Setup couldn't be easier.

The improvements will vary of course. If you have XT32/Dirac/ARC now and you have things fully optimized I wouldn't expect a day/night type of difference at all. But if you have a lesser version of room correction like YPAO or MCACC for example....the 8033S or 2.0 Dual Core can improve the overall bass sound quality significantly.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Okay Tom... I have been on the fence for some time now, you have now convinced me to take the leap. Order placed for the 8033s!

Sony xbr70x850b ~ Yamaha RX-A2000 ~ OPPO BDP-103D ~ PSA MTM-220C ~ PSA MT-110 L/R ~ PSA MT-110SR ~ Dual PSA S3000i ~ Apple TV ~ Roku ~ Etc.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I can say I that all of you who choose to but it through PSA site are really getting a great deal, I bought mine 2 months ago from other US retailer, still got a deal but paid more then what PSA is offering. So, far I love the ease of use and I really like the results this little box does.

Discount that PSA has on package , if you are in a market for dual subs is almost a must, as you save 200-400$ on Antimode itself( depending on model).

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
Old 05-28-2015, 12:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I think I am going to try a anti-mode. Tom, Which one do you recommend for multiple subs?
oneeyeblind likes this.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Guys just a heads up a facebook update on the V3600!

https://www.facebook.com/powersoundaudio?_rdr

Copied from facebook,

Quote:
Quick V3600 update,
We'll have the official pre-order page up asap with all the usual graphs and pictures. For some reason orders are "through the roof" lately and fulfilling those always takes priority over website updates. In the meantime we want to offer as much info as possible on the V3600. If you have any questions(or are ready to pre-order!) please phone us or come into chat and we'll take care of you.

1)Dual 18" drivers, 1700 watts of ICE power, large slot port. The V3600 looks much like the XV30Fse except a little larger( 20"x 24"x45" W x D x H) with the slot port on the bottom(front) of the enclosure. Large traditional (removable) grill over the entire front baffle. The amp will have our typical controls---Gain, Crossover, Time delay and Room Size. Although if you intend to put the V3600 in a "small room"...we may need to talk..wink emoticon
2)The FR is similar to the V1500. (see graph at bottom)
3)Output is almost double the XV30Fse from 15hz to 125hz. The differences range from 4.9dB to 6.7dB. Average from 16-100hz is 5.8dB more for the V3600. You can see the XV30Fse output here. http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=106

V3600 output. (CEA-2010 averaged)
16-25hz ~ 122.3
31-50hz ~ 132.3
63-100hz ~ 136.0
16-100hz ~ 131.8

4)Standard Black Satin finish. No plans for wood veneer options at this time. Traditional style grills only.
5) PRICING (including shipping).
PRE-ORDER $1799 single, $3499 duals
PRE-ORDER pricing will last until 6-15.
REGULAR pricing $2299 single, $4199 duals.
Shipments scheduled to begin week of 6-15.
Team Power

ShaunH

Last edited by oneeyeblind; 05-28-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added spaces
Old 05-28-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post
Guys just a heads up a facebook update on the V3600!

https://www.facebook.com/powersoundaudio?_rdr

Copied from facebook,
Woah... look at those pre-order prices. Nice!

Now if I didn't already have dual S3000i... that I am still in TOTAL awe with, I'd be taking a serious look at the V3600!

Sony xbr70x850b ~ Yamaha RX-A2000 ~ OPPO BDP-103D ~ PSA MTM-220C ~ PSA MT-110 L/R ~ PSA MT-110SR ~ Dual PSA S3000i ~ Apple TV ~ Roku ~ Etc.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 4076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Grab the XS30se and place the XS15se nearfield...they should play seamlessly together setup this way.

The UMIK-1 is designed for measuring software. Antimode has its own deal for measuring the room. I would still get familiar with REW so you can see the pre and post EQ results.
I agree with both Brian and Bass. I would go with the XS30se as my first choice (it will play fine with your XS15se). Then my 2nd choice would going dual XS15se's.

I wouldn't throw my money or time at the third option.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Since the subwoofer in Tom's video was a B&W, I'm assuming he didn't make the video (I'm at work and can't be watching videos all the time... just the PSA thread )

However... those are some dusty knobs on the back of that sub. Am I too OCD?

Yippee-ki-yay...
Old 05-28-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Those numbers for the V3600 are absolutely ridiculous, Tom. Holy $%&#!!!

You guys keep stepping up your game. Kudos to you all at PSA.

Yippee-ki-yay...
Old 05-28-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4324 Post(s)
Liked: 3002
Quote:
V3600 output. (CEA-2010 averaged)
16-25hz ~ 122.3
31-50hz ~ 132.3
63-100hz ~ 136.0
16-100hz ~ 131.8
So, since the numbers on the T-18 are still not on the PSA website....how would these compare to the T-18 you think??
oneeyeblind likes this.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
So, since the numbers on the T-18 are still not on the PSA website....how would these compare to the T-18 you think??
Similar from about 30-120hz, slight edge to the T-18. Edge to the V3600 in the 16-30hz range. What you're getting with the T-18 is that last octave or so in true extension. say 12-15hz versus 5-7hz. $1799 is a crazy value. The regular pricing at $2299 and $2999 are more appropriate when comparing the two models IMO. Also, the T-18 is about half the height as well.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Alan P, oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar123 View Post
Those numbers for the V3600 are absolutely ridiculous, Tom. Holy $%&#!!!

You guys keep stepping up your game. Kudos to you all at PSA.
It's all the V1500's fault. We really had no intention of a XV30Fse reboot until we measured the V1500. When we saw how close the V1500 was to the XV30Fse we knew we had to do something..

Another way to look at the T-18 comparison is....you're paying $750(ish) for each octave of performance. You get 3 with the V3600(15-120) and 4 with the T-18(7-120)..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and jhughy2010 like this.

Last edited by Tom Vodhanel; 05-28-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Old 05-28-2015, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Got too excited and peed my pants.

Can't afford those now. Might sell the dog, wife, car and whatnot. Holy crap.

Yippee-ki-yay...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15