Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 647 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19381 of 19389 Old Today, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
Haha....glad to hear you're enjoying the new subs. I know you heard my last sub and recommend Matt purchase it....I must agree with everything you said above and while I only have a single XS30se, it puts a smile on my face each time I fire it up.

Take care Steve, if ever you're visiting friends up this way...feel free to drop in.

Re,

Bill
Bill,

I don't see him as often as I'd like, but as far as I know Matt is still enjoying your/his sub. I think his kids are probably deaf by now actually.

Hope you're well, and glad you agree on the XS30se

Steve
Billy p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19382 of 19389 Old Today, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
Great to hear since the PB12-Plus was the first sub I was seriously considering buying. I thought I HAD to get a gloss black sub to match my speakers due to WAF. However, when I actually talked to my wife about it (not to mention show her the price difference) she was fine going with the standard finish XS30se. I love it and will have all the bass I ever need once I get a second one.
Don't get me wrong, the SVS is a gorgeous sub in that piano black finish. High, high WAF. But the XS30se is a better sub in every respect; the sealed sound is much more agreeable to my ears I find as well, even for movies.

Besides, the finishes on the PSA subs are pretty A-1 anyway. Did you ever think of going with a grain finish? I'm happy I did (over the standard flat black).

Steve
post #19383 of 19389 Old Today, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post
That is a really nice set-up you have! Looks compact and comfortable!
Thanks, I love it, it's turned out better than I thought it would to be honest; compact and comfortable is a perfect way to describe it.

I wish I had the money and space for a top drawer JVC projector, or something similar, but I can't really complain too much about my Kuro.
post #19384 of 19389 Unread Today, 05:44 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo1717 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the SVS is a gorgeous sub in that piano black finish. High, high WAF. But the XS30se is a better sub in every respect; the sealed sound is much more agreeable to my ears I find as well, even for movies.

Besides, the finishes on the PSA subs are pretty A-1 anyway. Did you ever think of going with a grain finish? I'm happy I did (over the standard flat black).

Steve
No. I can't stand black wood grain finish for some reason.

If I were to go with a premium PSA finish it would be American Cherry. Still waiting to hear if their speakers will ever be offered in the premium finishes.

Edit: My sub is the standard finish.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, PSA XS30SE
post #19385 of 19389 Unread Today, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
Quote:

If I were to go with a premium PSA finish it would be American Cherry. Still waiting to hear if their speakers will ever be offered in the premium finishes.

I really really like the PSA durable finish (a lot actually). But I agree with you, if I were to do a premium finish it would be the cherry. Luckily in my basement (my happy little man cave) there is not need for such silly aesthetics. I just need premium sound and my PSA subs and speakers deliver that with no problem.
post #19386 of 19389 Unread Today, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 2146
Quote:

We're hoping to find the time to get veneer quotes for the speakers soon. Right now, finishing up the details on the V3600 is taking all of our engineering time. We do get inquires about this daily though so we'll try to find the time asap!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #19387 of 19389 Unread Today, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I know what you mean, the 110s in stereo creates an incredible sound stage, I'm still blown away by the imaging. I also love their mid-bass punch.
That's the area I am afraid of losing some response. I will be bringing this discussion over to the speaker thread as well

Last edited by gbreda; Today at 07:27 AM.
post #19388 of 19389 Unread Today, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
That's the area I am afraid of losing some response. I will be bringing this discussion over to the speaker thread as well
I asked Tom about this and he said the difference between the 210s and the 110s mid-bass punch would be difficult to notice.
post #19389 of 19389 Unread Today, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I asked Tom about this and he said the difference between the 210s and the 110s mid-bass punch would be difficult to notice.
Mid bass punch....or any other subjective descriptor of a loudspeaker for that matter....is going to largely be determined by the FR and how it changes with volume. This includes on/off axis dispersion. With quality subs in play, you're going to be well covered into the 100-120hz range barring something unusual. So with main channel speakers we're usually talking about the 150-500hz range in terms of "mid bass". This IS a very important range of frequencies that can affect the sound of just about every (common) musical instrument.

http://www.independentrecording.net/...in_display.htm

The MTM210s are about 4dB more efficient. But this is only going to be audible if your amp cannot push the MT110s to needed output levels. At 94dB(mt110) this would be an unusual problem.

The real key is the crossover quality/design. The woofer size(or number) really isn't going to play a role until the volume levels begin to cause some sort of compression in the woofer(thermal, linear excursion). Same goes for ported versus sealed....contrary to misinformation posted in the past.....this isn't going to matter except incidentally to the factors above. A sealed design will have inherent advantages over a ported design but their "mid bass punch" really isn't involved.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page