Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 649 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19441 of 19444 Unread Today, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 2224
I would guess they are going to be close on the low end with a 3db advantage to the V3600 up top.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19442 of 19444 Unread Today, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
When comparing subwoofers, look at each frequency because an average wouldn't tell you the whole story. Producing high output on the lowend is the difficult task.
Jeff,

Good point! I'm only going off the numbers that were posted above which have not yet been verified by Josh or anyone else for that matter like the Captivator has.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19443 of 19444 Unread Today, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
When comparing subwoofers, look at each frequency because an average wouldn't tell you the whole story. Producing high output on the lowend is the difficult task.
Sometimes these threads remind me of playground talk, "My dad is bigger than your dad." Competition in the ID market is at an all-time high. The consumer is the ultimate winner with fantastic choices and competitive pricing. I remember back when I bought my first sub back in 1995. There were only a handful of options and the were expensive when compared with the price/performance offerings today. In fact, I have to get another sub to replace that 1995 Def Tech. It just died the other day. Can't compain, I got 20 years of daily use out of it in the main TV room.

It's not that I don't like people, I just don't like stupid people. Therefore, I have few friends.
post #19444 of 19444 Unread Today, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 526
I agree. I want more overall output, but less than 25hz is important. With the VTF15, it performs best in 2 ports open especially with low distortion, but below 25hz suffers. When you use 1 port open below 20hz comes up, but it cannot be pushed as hard. I like to run subs a little hot, and I watch movies pretty loud. I think that is why the VTF15mk2 has an upgraded driver and more powerful amp...

Panasonic 65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Marantz AV7702 / Outlaw Model 7500
Klipsch RF7II (2) and RC64II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Panamax MR5100
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page