Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 651 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #19501 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Does anyone know the dimensions of the V3600?

Edit: Never mind, I found them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19502 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Does anyone know the dimensions of the V3600?
From the website:

Dimensions (D x W x H): 25” x 20” x 44” includes grill

And yes, I have had my tape measure out....but this would be too big for the living room. I am getting enough eye roll with what I have now
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Last edited by gbreda; Yesterday at 04:11 PM.
post #19503 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I don't buy that it's 10db of room gain under 20 Hz that doesn't seem right. Somthing is amiss
Any suggestions?

Edit: Could it be that ARC does not EQ below 15hz?
post #19504 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
From the website:

And yes, I have had my tape measure out....but this would be too big for the living room. I am getting enough eye roll with what I have now
What dimension would have the port on it? If I ever got one I would have to put it sideways (making the 20" the depth)
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #19505 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Quote:
I don't buy that it's 10db of room gain under 20 Hz that doesn't seem right. Somthing is amiss
In my 16.5x17x9 2525 ft^3 room, I get about 13 dB of gain @10 Hz when I close the two 5' french door sets that lead to other rooms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	115 sweep sealed vs open.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	748337  
post #19506 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM

Quote:
What dimension would have the port on it? If I ever got one I would have to put it sideways (making the 20" the depth)
The port is on the bottom, so your layout would put the port on the side . The website has a drawing of the enclosure

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/v3600i
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #19507 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
In my 16.5x17x9 2525 ft^3 room, I get about 13 dB of gain @10 Hz when I close the two 5' french door sets that lead to other rooms.
That's different though as you are effectively making the room smaller.

He is getting a mystery boost
post #19508 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The port is on the bottom, so your layout would put the port on the side . The website has a drawing of the enclosure

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/v3600i
Hmmm that could work
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #19509 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I want to thank all of you on this particular thread for all the advice, input and perspective you share with all of us who read and also chime in from time to time. A great times for this hobby. Anyway, I bit the bullet and got a pair of competent subwoofers over the Memorial weekend, so I was a able to finally play with placement( which was luxury that I did not have with my LR built-ins) in the room.
I have not yet had time to run Antimode and Audyssey but plain room response and gain is looking MUCH better.
FR spread was from 67-93 dB, now 80-93 dB (built in vs duals screen shot) more over with placing one sub in the back of the room, and other keeping below screen, I tamed the nasty null around 42 Hz( front/back vs dual fronts pic). EQ and some more wall treatments should help some more.
All that with flat and usable extension down to about 8 Hz. It does sound awesome as well.Ran through some of my favorite music and movie samples. Gave new dimension to my HT, both for music and movies.
Only spoiler in this story that I did not go with PSA but gave a SB-2000 from SVS a try-out as I nabbed duals for 1100$ in their outlet sale, will give them a try for next month or so and see if I would need to check the PSA. Must say I like the aesthetics of the piano finish with the rest of my setup.
Props to Tom and his character, to offer a detailed and honest advice, regardless of the make of the speaker/sub.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	buil ins vs duals fr:back.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	749217   Click image for larger version

Name:	front:back vs dual front.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	749225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Duals.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	749249  
oneeyeblind likes this.

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
post #19510 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by F12Bwth View Post
the V1500 hardly functions as the low end can only be felt outside the rooms boundaries. I did the full sub crawl with it propped up on a table where my head goes and everything. I imagine the V3600 would be even less likely to succeed (but your neighbors will enjoy the show). I'd take two sealed 15's over the V3600 if it were an option. Spread out the love.
This is a really weird statement. What does "hardly functions" mean? Perhaps you just mean that you are underwhelmed? Would room treatments be an option (it might help)?

I do not think the V3600 "would be less likely to succeed" as you said. Maybe contacting PSA and getting some help with set-up would yield some better results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbzeluck View Post
Just ordered a PSA XV15 last week that should be here this friday!!!

Just came across a Hsu vtf-3 mk3 that is local to me and thinking about picking it up for a good price. I am a newb to the HT systems. My question is would theHsu vtf-3 mk3 match up well with a XV15?
I think they'll match up fine. Do you have an AVR that can EQ the subs?
ahblaza likes this.

Gear: Pioneer VSX-1124-K, NHT Classic Three (L/R), Classic Two (rear) TwoC (center).
PSA V1500 (x2)
HTPC/server (Emby), Fire TV Stick, Chromecast
OTA Winegard HD7698P
Sharp LC-60SQ15U (HCFR calibrated)
post #19511 of 19521 Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
I believe that the low end boost is from room gain as no matter what measurement I do be it single or dual subs has a boost in that area-placement doesnt seem to make a difference either. Actually as I posted earlier, ARC comes up with a room gain figure for correction and that is adjustable prior to calculations and download to the AVR. Right now I am sticking with the value it came up with and from posts on Anthems thread seem to say that around 4 give or take is normal. People that post with gain figures lower than 2.5 or so report thin low end. I have always come up with 3.5 or higher in that area. I have emailed Anthem for a detailed explanation on how changing the Room Gain figures might affect output response. Additionally I have sent them the ARC measurement file as they will see what changes may help or hinder.

Also, ARC does not eq below 15 hz either.

I could be wrong but I thought I've read a few times in the official MRX_00 and MRX_10 threads that room gain in ARC is basically like added a house curve with the ability to boost it up to 6dB through the AVR.

At least that's how I read it.
post #19512 of 19521 Old Today, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
I want to thank all of you on this particular thread for all the advice, input and perspective you share with all of us who read and also chime in from time to time. A great times for this hobby. Anyway, I bit the bullet and got a pair of competent subwoofers over the Memorial weekend, so I was a able to finally play with placement( which was luxury that I did not have with my LR built-ins) in the room.
I have not yet had time to run Antimode and Audyssey but plain room response and gain is looking MUCH better.
FR spread was from 67-93 dB, now 80-93 dB (built in vs duals screen shot) more over with placing one sub in the back of the room, and other keeping below screen, I tamed the nasty null around 42 Hz( front/back vs dual fronts pic). EQ and some more wall treatments should help some more.
All that with flat and usable extension down to about 8 Hz. It does sound awesome as well.Ran through some of my favorite music and movie samples. Gave new dimension to my HT, both for music and movies.
Only spoiler in this story that I did not go with PSA but gave a SB-2000 from SVS a try-out as I nabbed duals for 1100$ in their outlet sale, will give them a try for next month or so and see if I would need to check the PSA. Must say I like the aesthetics of the piano finish with the rest of my setup.
Props to Tom and his character, to offer a detailed and honest advice, regardless of the make of the speaker/sub.
2 SB2000 for 1100 is nothing to sneeze at and there is no doubt that they will give you great response. Looking at your 2 up front measurement, you have the same dip around 50hz that I did and I am really interested in seeing what Antimode does with that.

That being said, I was able to greatly reduce that dip with the Room Size function that you would have with the S1500.

Have fun with the new toys !!
post #19513 of 19521 Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I could be wrong but I thought I've read a few times in the official MRX_00 and MRX_10 threads that room gain in ARC is basically like added a house curve with the ability to boost it up to 6dB through the AVR.

At least that's how I read it.
The more I am reading about it, I get the same impression. I am waiting to see what Anthem comes back with to my questions on exactly what it does and how, They may or may not give that info up as their support can be finicky.

As ARC does not eq below 15hz, could the room gain function somehow explain the low end boost? Sorry as I am just getting into measurement functions and how what affects what.
post #19514 of 19521 Old Today, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisanav View Post
No offense but unless your room is extremely small you will not be getting usable out put to 8hz with 2 sb2000's what mv is your avr at? You are only showing 85db output and less across All frequencies.
oneeyeblind, ahblaza and climber07 like this.
post #19515 of 19521 Old Today, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
From the website:

In the living room? If you could sell your wife on that idea you would be my hero.

I have had my tape measure out as well. I'm really toying around with this idea. For me it would go into my basement... my happy place. So I could make it work from the WAF as far as aesthetics are concerned, but maybe not from the financial perspective. But with that pre-order pricing as good as it is this is a tough opportunity to let go by. I have spent the last two days thinking of ways I can come up with the extra cash to do this.

Ahhh…Just when I thought I was out PSA pulls me back in!
post #19516 of 19521 Old Today, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Pre-order pricing is good until June 16th, am I right about that?
post #19517 of 19521 Old Today, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 54
PREORDER PRICING ENDS 6/15/2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopinater likes this.

-SAMSUNG UN607150/OPPO BDP 103D
-ENERGY RC-50 FRONTS
-ENERGY RC-LCR CENTER
-ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS
-ONKYO TX-NR3010
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...5se-725-a.html
post #19518 of 19521 Unread Today, 05:55 PM

Quote:
2 SB2000 for 1100 is nothing to sneeze at and there is no doubt that they will give you great response. Looking at your 2 up front measurement, you have the same dip around 50hz that I did and I am really interested in seeing what Antimode does with that.

That being said, I was able to greatly reduce that dip with the Room Size function that you would have with the S1500.

Have fun with the new toys !!
Thanks!
I was able to deal with the main portion of dip by placing one sub on the back wall of the room, that is the graph saying front/back vs duals front,now I have have much smaller dip to deal with for Antimode and Audyssey, I will post the graph when I get time to re-run them in next couple of days.

My MLP is just behind the mid room point so I was probably sitting in a null when both subs were below the screen.

Last edited by sinisanav; Today at 07:00 PM.
post #19519 of 19521 Unread Today, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
PREORDER PRICING ENDS 6/15/2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the confirmation.
post #19520 of 19521 Unread Today, 06:35 PM

Quote:
No offense but unless your room is extremely small you will not be getting usable out put to 8hz with 2 sb2000's what mv is your avr at? You are only showing 85db output and less across All frequencies.
None taken. MV was at -10 I believe, sub gain is at 12 o'clock and worst THD was at 2.84 % at 27 Hz. Playing clean.
My room is on a small side for sure 13x15x7.5 ft, so less then 1500 cubic ft, in basement, on slab floor and two walls are underground, cement blocks, while inside walls have soundproofing and 1/4 inch dense rubber sound isolation in addition to roxul, solid core door, so pretty sealed space and easily pressurized. Watching my go-to scenes( such as fall of the Sauron's ring at opening of LOTR, which I believe has some 8 Hz effects) send the wall of pressure through room, and could feel it in addition to subsonic shudder. Never felt that with my built-ins.

Here is the compression sweep , that starts compressing at 0 MV at 80-100 Hz.
Now, I do have a question, don't think I switched my UMIK sensitivity ( got it at -18), does that affect the SPL read numbers ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5-31 Compression sweep.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	750793  

post #19521 of 19521 Unread Today, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page