Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 679 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26659Likes

Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Is this good? Bad? Average?

I dont know what the heck is going on at like 170 lol. Not sure what to do about those dips at 90 and 100 either.

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon x2000 | EMP E55Ti | E56Ci | E55Wi | PSA S3000i x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
First off Love the name. Been a fan myself since the Zorn-Largent days. The feeling can be tactical, while having PSA subs close to you, will enable you to feel the subs. I came from dual polk 505s, to dual PSA XV15Se subs, and WOW. My kids are asking why the couch shakes, not to mention items on the family room walls shaking or falling off. There s a difference in subs, and folks here brought me into another dimension. Re- watching movies after dual PSA subs is an upgrade that you can not explain, as much realize once you have an upgraded sub. Tom and company offer a 30 day trial that you could return. I tried one last summer, and have since purchased a second. Thanks to Tom, Gunny H, Brian F, Bear, Hop....the list goes on and on. But these folks here are very knowledgeable, and influential. Buying a sub from PSA is like the flow of gravity, all you need is a little push! Once you decide to UPGRADE, you will not look back. I am still a novice, but smile every time those dual PSA's shake the couch and the room!
No need for thanks. Just pay it forward. But your welcome . I still grin. And did so multiple times tonight. Re watched dawn of the planet of the apes. And while it is not a deep digging bass movie. The bass is perfectly done. And had me grinning a few times. The trip xs30's just fill the room so smoothly. It's the best thing ever. Blows away any commercial theater. The only thing it can be rivaled by is a Walt disneyworld attraction theater. Even then my Ht has the edge

ahblaza, gbreda and Hopinater like this.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
No need for thanks. Just pay it forward. But your welcome . I still grin. And did so multiple times tonight. Re watched dawn of the planet of the apes. And while it is not a deep digging bass movie. The bass is perfectly done. And had me grinning a few times. The trip xs30's just fill the room so smoothly. It's the best thing ever. Blows away any commercial theater. The only thing it can be rivaled by is a Walt disneyworld attraction theater. Even then my Ht has the edge

WOW trips, that would be crazy, especially with XS30s. Seen your HT build and your theater is pretty sweet. I can only imagine the shake in your theater! Have you had a chance a Jupiter Ascending yet? Heard that ha quite a bit of LFE in it, and imagine in your theater would be sweet. I imagine on Hops setting it would cause the beer to foam up upon dispensing!
Mike Butny and gbreda like this.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 2082 Post(s)
Liked: 5099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredseahawks View Post
Great question I don't know, I'll check when I'm home. So I have bic pl-200's right, and I'm sure If a move up to 1k sub it will make a big difference. I hear people say it hits me, I feel the punch. What exactly does that mean. I've gone to the movie theater many times and I don't recall hiting me or feeling a punch. Are you telling that a good speaker system with a great dual subs (let's say psa 3000) it's going to be better then the movie theater? Don't get me excited:grinning:
There's no comparison between the bass I'm getting at home (even without a dedicated HT) and what the movie theater offers. I rarely even think about going to the theater anymore because it's such a let down compared to my house.

In fact my PSA 110 speakers combined with the subs make for a total audio experience that just blows away any theater I've been to. I just finished watching American Sniper and I was thinking how good everything sounded.

As I understand it, the punch is a mid bass punch (or chest slam) that you get with material between 50Hz and 110Hz. You get it when you have powerful subs and speakers playing at least -15 MV or louder (depending on the room). It's awesome to experience and completely addicting. I highly recommend it.

I haven't seen a window break but I watched my upstairs windows flex back and forth one time when I was messing around with dual XV15se subs last year (and they were playing in the basement).

I'm not sure yet what the V3600 will do to my windows, but I plan on finding out.
oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

That really is a sweet theater you built Brian. I said it before but I really like that color scheme a lot. And I really really like the price you pulled it off for. All those 110 speakers and three XS30s and the Emo amps. How do you ever leave the room?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Buying a sub from PSA is like the flow of gravity, all you need is a little push! Once you decide to UPGRADE, you will not look back. I am still a novice, but smile every time those dual PSA's shake the couch and the room!
I know what you're saying, I smile a lot of times when I'm watching movies or listening to music because things sound so good. And last night I had to start laughing because it was so incredible when the new sub kicked in. These toys are a lot of fun.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 227
[QUOTE=Hopinater;35350434]There's no comparison between the bass I'm getting at home (even without a dedicated HT) and what the movie theater offers. I rarely even think about going to the theater anymore because it's such a let down compared to my house.

Even my lowly little system (definitive speakers, and PSA S1500) impresses me more than the movie theater. My wife even said she noticed how our house sounds better than the theater the last time she took our daughter to see one of the dollar movies.
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I really want to try out the PSA 110 speakers but lack the funds right now and I am worried that I might not like the sound due to how I am very used to the bi polar speakers sound stage.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wow Better then a commercial HT! Now that's something I'm really looking forward to. Ok so help me understand something, the 3000 and 3600 both have 2 woofers, and both have 1700 watt ice amp. Why is the 3600 better? Another question: how would the 3600 look In a living room?
Old 06-27-2015, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
WOW trips, that would be crazy, especially with XS30s. Seen your HT build and your theater is pretty sweet. I can only imagine the shake in your theater! Have you had a chance a Jupiter Ascending yet? Heard that ha quite a bit of LFE in it, and imagine in your theater would be sweet. I imagine on Hops setting it would cause the beer to foam up upon dispensing!
I have seen it but I wasn't able to crank it up. I will rewatch for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That really is a sweet theater you built Brian. I said it before but I really like that color scheme a lot. And I really really like the price you pulled it off for. All those 110 speakers and three XS30s and the Emo amps. How do you ever leave the room?
Thanks!! Well I'm there every single night. So it's hard to leave it

Last edited by Brian Fineberg; 06-27-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Wow Better then a commercial HT! Now that's something I'm really looking forward to. Ok so help me understand something, the 3000 and 3600 both have 2 woofers, and both have 1700 watt ice amp. Why is the 3600 better? Another question: how would the 3600 look In a living room?
Better than a commercial theater; yes. BIG yes! Difference between 3000 and 3600; 3000 is 2x 15's in a sealed enclosure, 3600 is 2x 18's in a ported enclosure. Better? Depends on what you're looking for - each alignment has its own flavor - output demands (music, movies, volume), room size, etc. all come into play when deciding which alignment to get. What will it look like in your living room? You'll have to take advantage of that free two-way shipping and the 30-day trial and see for yourself. Doubt you'd send it back. Either sub will surely be amazing in your living room.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X850B | Denon X2000 | L/R - Chane A1's | Gaming - Xbox One and 360

Basement: Denon 4520CI | L/R - Chane A5rx-c | Oppo 103D | Subwoofer - PSA S3000i
Old 06-27-2015, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Commercial theaters and pro sound speakers are designed for volume, sound dispersion and filling a huge room.

They do not do well with accuracy, home theater speakers are almost always much better sounding in the home application.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMlover View Post
Commercial theaters and pro sound speakers are designed for volume, sound dispersion and filling a huge room.

They do not do well with accuracy, home theater speakers are almost always much better sounding in the home application.
I could not disagree more. People who audition my room are amazed at how accurate and detailed my JBL Pro Cinema speakers are. I have owned a lot of speakers through the years. The JBL trounce all of them by a large margin. Just because they don't have a fine wood finish and a fancy veneer doesn't make them sloppy and lazy. Big and ugly, well many would agree with that There are some amazing gems in the pro cinema speakers if you have a room to tolerate the space and looks.

Last edited by csnow; 06-27-2015 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 671
Quote:
Tom and company offer a 30 day trial that you could return. I tried one last summer, and have since purchased a second.

Once you decide to UPGRADE, you will not look back.
@Jaredseahawks, take note.......

These 2 comments really go together-once you experience quality bass, it gets addictive and adding a second sub is generally in your future (especially if you hang out on in any sub forum here).......If you think one quality subs sounds great, you will be in awe if you can experience dual subs in that same room. Not necessarily louder (but that factor is there if needed), it just sounds that much better by evening the response in the room.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Looks like I have to summarize my impressions of the V3600 so anyone that is interested and may have missed it can get an idea of the subs capabilities. I had already done this last night in a little more detail but it got deleted in the latest purge. So I'll recap.

Once I got the sub dialed in I played bass heavy scenes from WWZ, Ender's Game, Nemo and Inception just to get an idea of what the sub can do. I also played some music tracks that I felt would give me an idea of how well the V3600 can do music.

Regarding music:
It was as I expected, the V3600 plays music wonderfully. It's bass is clean and tight and clear. I didn't notice any difference in the sound quality at all from my dual XV15se's, the big sub can do music very well.

Regarding dynamic bass scenes in movies:
WOW!!!! The rocket launch scene from Ender's Game was incredible. It had my couch shaking and my HT is in the basement on a cement slab and the V3600 is 14 feet away and I was only listening at -14. That means the sub produces some serious tactile feel on a cement slab from a distance.

The scene from Nemo was a lot of fun, I felt like I was one of the fish in the tank because the whole room echoed as Darla tapped her finger on the tank. The Inception and WWZ scenes were also over the top. It was like I was watching all these scenes for the first time.

I had a feeling I was going to experience some incredible bass when I ordered the sub but I really had no idea just how powerful it would be. The V3600 has honestly surpassed all my expectations. It's scary good.

Here's a pic of the sub in it's new home.
Hey Hop, too bad the original review is gone as that was over the top!! The V3600 sounds and looks like a winner here and hat's off to you for making it look like it belongs right next to the taps !! Great job man !!!!

Now spill the beans, its really there to re-carbonate if that is ever needed

Serious question, with a monster like the V3600, how will your XV15se factor in as it will run out of steam so much earlier?
Old 06-27-2015, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnow View Post
I could not disagree more. People who audition my room are amazed at how accurate and detailed my JBL Pro Cinema speakers are. I have owned a lot of speakers through the years. The JBL trounce all of them. Just because they don't have a fine wood finish and a fancy veneer doesn't make them sloppy and lazy. Big and ugly, well many would agree with that There are some amazing gems in the pro cinema speakers if you have a room to tolerate the space and looks.
Naturally, there are exceptions. I used to own a mobile DJ company and have lots,of experience with pro speakers for music, none have sounded as good to me as a good pair of high end bookshelf speakers in a smaller room.

Take these same bookshelves and put them in a club, and they sound like crap.

I know for theater, dynamics are a big deal. I do my critical listening with music. I have never found any pro speakers that sound as good as my emotiva airmotiv 4s.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMlover View Post
Naturally, there are exceptions. I used to own a mobile DJ company and have lots,of experience with pro speakers for music, none have sounded as good to me as a good pair of high end bookshelf speakers in a smaller room.

Take these same bookshelves and put them in a club, and they sound like crap.

I know for theater, dynamics are a big deal. I do my critical listening with music. I have never found any pro speakers that sound as good as my emotiva airmotiv 4s.
Come over and knock back a few beers. I would love to take you for a JBL ride Just don't bring any of that metal screamo music, that stuff sounds terrible on any speaker
DCMlover likes this.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just got my V1500 yesterday and have been playing around with it. Amazing sub! Thanks to Tom for the incredible customer service I ordered it on Thursday and it was at my door by Friday! The only thing to do next is duals!! Haha :flushed::flushed:
csnow and Hopinater like this.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wouldn't say the 3600 is any better than the 3000, they are just different. The 3600 is a ported sub while the 3000 is a sealed sub. The two types of subs behave a little differently depending on the room and what you are looking to achieve.

Talking to Jim at PSA he mentioned that the V3600 will compare better to the T-18 than the 3000. The T-18 will be able to extend a little deeper because of it's sealed design. But the V3600 will have more output throughout some of the range.

Generally speaking, if you have a moderately large room to large room then you should look at ported if you want proper output. "Why?" I'm glad you asked. It comes down to pressurizing the open space in your room. ** This includes all rooms that open up to the room you have your subs in, so if you can't close a door to close off a room then that space has to be factored in. Open space also means cubic feet, not square feet so ceiling height gets factored in as well**).

I have around 5700 cubic feet to pressurize, and that's if I remember to close all the doors. If I forget and leave the bathroom door open and the office door open I approach 7000 cubic feet. So in my case I choose to go ported because it takes fewer ported subs to pressurize a large space than it does sealed subs.

Generally speaking sealed subs work great in small to moderate rooms (like Brian's dedicated HT) where they can take advantage of room gain to boost the level of output. "Can you use sealed subs in a large space?" Good question. Yes you can but if you go that route you need to either buy a lot of smaller sealed subs or get a few sealed power houses like the T-18 (like Alan did for his large space).

The beauty of a good sealed sub is it digs really deep. I believe Brian and Alan have usable output into the single digits. The beauty of a good ported sub is it has the ability pressurize a large area with powerful bass.

What about sound quality you ask? A good ported sub will sound as good as a good sealed sub. BUT a bad ported sub will sound sloppy and muddy (for the most part) and that's why some people say a sealed sub is better for music. But it's not the type of sub it's the quality of the sub that matters and a good ported sub can actually do music just as well as a good sealed sub. Some argue this but it has been shown to be true in blind testing.

So your next question should be: "How do I know if I should get a ported sub or a sealed sub?" Measure the entire open area you need to pressurize in cubic feet. Decide how low you want to dig, how many subs you want to buy (also known as how much you want to spend), space where you can fit your sub(s), wife acceptance factor and how much output you want. Take note! Most people here can't get enough output and power so we may not be the best people to ask if you want a sane objective opinion on how much output is enough.

Hope this helps. If I made any mistakes someone will correct me.
mnc, Mike Butny, ahblaza and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Hopinater; 06-27-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnow View Post
Come over and knock back a few beers. I would love to take you for a JBL ride Just don't bring any of that metal screamo music, that stuff sounds terrible on any speaker

If I had a leer jet at my disposal, I could be there in time for the bbq to be ready!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't say the 3600 is any better than the 3000, they are just different. The 3600 is a ported sub while the 3000 is a sealed sub. They two types of subs behave a little differently depending on the room and what you are looking to achieve.

Talking to Jim at PSA he mentioned that the V3600 will compare better to the T-18 than the 3000. The T-18 will be able to extend a little deeper because of it's sealed design. But the V3600 will beat it in output throughout most of the range.

Generally speaking, if you have a moderately large room to large room then you should look at ported if you want proper output. Why? I'm glad you asked. It comes down to pressurizing the open space in your room. ** This includes all rooms that open up to the room you have your subs in, so if you can't close a door to close off a room then that space has to be factored in. Open space also means cubic feet, not square feet so ceiling height gets factored in as well**).

I have around 5700 cubic feet to pressurize, and that's if I remember to close all the doors. If I forget and leave the bathroom door open and the office door open I approach 7000 cubic feet. So in my case I choose to go ported because it takes fewer ported subs to pressurize a large space than it does sealed subs.

Generally speaking sealed subs work great in small to moderate rooms (like Brian's dedicated HT) where they can take advantage of room gain to boost the level of output. Can you use sealed subs in a large space? Good question. Yes you can but if you do that you need to either buy a lot of smaller sealed subs or get a few power houses like the T-18 (like Alan did for his large space).

The beauty of a good sealed sub is it digs really deep. I believe Brian and Alan have usable output into the single digits. The beauty of a good ported sub is it has the ability pressurize a large area.

What about sound quality you ask? A good ported sub will sound as good as a good sealed sub. BUT bad ported sub will sound sloppy and muddy (for the most part) and that's why some people say a sealed sub is better for music. But it's not the type of sub it's the quality of the sub that matters and a good ported sub can actually do music just as well as a good sealed sub.

So your next question should be: "How do I know if I should get a ported sub or a sealed sub?" Measure the entire open area you need to pressurize in cubic feet. Decide how low you want to dig, how many subs you want to buy and how much output you want. Most people here can't get enough output and power so we may not be the best people to ask if you want a sane objective opinion on how much output is enough.

Wow! Awesome stuff. Thanks for the information and answering all my questions. Learned allot in 2 days. Great stuff on sealed vs ported. How low? Well I have bic pl200 and please don't laugh:disappointed_relieved: so i don't know what low is I guess. Tom mentioned that 6 pl200 = single v1500, that's crazy to me. I can't imagine how much bass I'm missing out on. 6?!? People mention the free trial and that is a great thing. Before this email I had no idea of the difference between sealed vs ported. Great stuff btw. So I want to pick at your Brains before I choose and see which one will work the best.
sk373 likes this.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:28 AM
mnc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
I wouldn't say the 3600 is any better than the 3000, they are just different. The 3600 is a ported sub while the 3000 is a sealed sub. The two types of subs behave a little differently depending on the room and what you are looking to achieve.

Talking to Jim at PSA he mentioned that the V3600 will compare better to the T-18 than the 3000. The T-18 will be able to extend a little deeper because of it's sealed design. But the V3600 will have more output throughout some of the range.

Generally speaking, if you have a moderately large room to large room then you should look at ported if you want proper output. "Why?" I'm glad you asked. It comes down to pressurizing the open space in your room. ** This includes all rooms that open up to the room you have your subs in, so if you can't close a door to close off a room then that space has to be factored in. Open space also means cubic feet, not square feet so ceiling height gets factored in as well**).

Generally speaking sealed subs work great in small to moderate rooms (like Brian's dedicated HT) where they can take advantage of room gain to boost the level of output. "Can you use sealed subs in a large space?" Good question. Yes you can but if you go that route you need to either buy a lot of smaller sealed subs or get a few sealed power houses like the T-18 (like Alan did for his large space).

The beauty of a good sealed sub is it digs really deep. I believe Brian and Alan have usable output into the single digits. The beauty of a good ported sub is it has the ability pressurize a large area with powerful bass.

What about sound quality you ask? A good ported sub will sound as good as a good sealed sub. BUT a bad ported sub will sound sloppy and muddy (for the most part) and that's why some people say a sealed sub is better for music. But it's not the type of sub it's the quality of the sub that matters and a good ported sub can actually do music just as well as a good sealed sub. Some argue this but it has been shown to be true in blind testing.

So your next question should be: "How do I know if I should get a ported sub or a sealed sub?" Measure the entire open area you need to pressurize in cubic feet. Decide how low you want to dig, how many subs you want to buy (also known as how much you want to spend) and how much output you want. Take note! Most people here can't get enough output and power so we may not be the best people to ask if you want a sane objective opinion on how much output is enough.

I agree with this! However, even though I went sealed instead of ported for my open living room, it had more to do with size and budget. I could have bought a V3600i for what I paid but I don't have anywhere to put it! I love my dual XS30se's even though they can't do much below 20Hz in my living room. I'm hoping to one day finish my basement and move my system into a small, sealed theater. I can only imagine what my subs would do in that room!

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, DUAL PSA XS30SE's
Old 06-27-2015, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
I agree with this! However, even though I went sealed instead of ported for my open living room, it had more to do with size and budget. I could have bought a V3600i for what I paid but I don't have anywhere to put it! I love my dual XS30se's even though they can't do much below 20Hz in my living room. I'm hoping to one day finish my basement and move my system into a small, sealed theater. I can only imagine what my subs would do in that room!
Great point. There are other factors to be considered, I'll edit my post to add them in.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:40 AM

Question:
Been at my house for about 4years. Would of wanted a house with basement, but here in southern Nevada that is a custom house that there isn't many off. Am I happy ? Well maybe before I got into HT. can I make it work, maybe. I think I'm seeing to many YouTube videos and getting caught up on what other people are doing or have. There is some crazy rooms with crazy set ups out there. Back to my question: I could make a room bigger and be pushing 25 x 10 x 9. But that would require for me to take away space from the master. The wife is ok with it and I'm sure I can convince her to go with it. Would it make sense to do that ? It would be a dedicated HT room. Built from scratch- insulation, lighting. Placement, wiring, etc... The only thing that makes me think about it is resale. If I want or need to sale the house its going to effect the process. I close my eyes and see 4 3600's in front and 4 3600's in the back:grinning: somebody pinch me.

Last edited by Jaredseahawks; 06-27-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Eight 3600's for 2,250 cu ft?

Your house would crumble down around you and I mean that almost literally. I have one 3600 and it more than pressurizes my area. You would be wasting money on all that subwooferage, although it would look pretty cool!

If you want to go ported you could easily do dual XV15se's or V1500 and have more than enough bass.

But in a space like yours you could also go with sealed subs IMO. If you want to go sealed you could either go dual XS30se or dual s3000. Or you could go way over board and do the T-18.

I keep saying dual because in most cases dual subs sound soooooo much better than a single.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Hey Hop, too bad the original review is gone as that was over the top!! The V3600 sounds and looks like a winner here and hat's off to you for making it look like it belongs right next to the taps !! Great job man !!!!

Now spill the beans, its really there to re-carbonate if that is ever needed

Serious question, with a monster like the V3600, how will your XV15se factor in as it will run out of steam so much earlier?
That is a great question and I talked a lot with Tom on this subject because believe me that was a big concern I had before I bought the 3600. The key factor is the levels I listen at. I watch movies at between -14 to -12 MV but I also tend to run my subs 5dB hot so in regards to bass that's like watching somewhere between between -9 and -7 MV. Tom explained that I'm right on the verge of where the XV15se will start running out of steam. But, even if it does won't be an across the board thing. So the short answer to your question is I'm riding the line. If I listened louder then it probably wouldn't work.

But, I have found that with the 3600 I'm no longer running 5 dB hot on the subs. I'm currently playing with only running 2 to 3 dB hot and I really don't need to do that. So that pulls me back from the edge of where the XV15se would run out of steam.

The v3600 is a game changer when you talk output and I'm still trying to get it figured out.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Liked: 2558
Quote:
Eight 3600's for 2,250 cu ft?

Your house would crumble down around you and I mean that almost literally. I have one 3600 and it more than pressurizes my area. You would be wasting money on all that subwooferage, although it would look pretty cool!

If you want to go ported you could easily do dual XV15se's or V1500 and have more than enough bass.

But in a space like yours you could also go with sealed subs IMO. If you want to go sealed you could either go dual XS30se or dual s3000. Or you could go way over board and do the T-18.

I keep saying dual because in most cases dual subs sound soooooo much better than a single.
So when will the matching V3600 be arriving?
Hopinater likes this.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That is a great question and I talked a lot with Tom on this subject because believe me that was a big concern I had before I bought the 3600. The key factor is the levels I listen at. I watch movies at between -14 to -12 MV but I also tend to run my subs 5dB hot so in regards to bass that's like watching somewhere between between -9 and -7 MV. Tom explained that I'm right on the verge of where the XV15se will start running out of steam. But, even if it does won't be an across the board thing. So the short answer to you question is I'm riding the line. If I listened louder then it probably wouldn't work.

But, I have found that with the 3600 I'm no longer running 5 dB hot on the subs. I'm currently playing with only running 2 to 3 dB hot and I really don't need to do that. So that pulls me back from the edge of where the XV15se would run out of steam.

The v3600 is a game changer when you talk output and I'm still trying to get it figured out.
Thanks. So now you have 2 XV15se, correct? How are you integrating all 3? Or has that really even started yet?

Regarding running hot even with the V3600, I have found the same thing in my setup with starting where I use to be (around 5 db hot or so) and no longer run over 1-2 db hot.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
So when will the matching V3600 be arriving?
LOL…Oh how I wish I could fit a 2nd one in the room (well I could but it would be awkward). It would be totally unnecessary but wouldn't it be incredible to have dual V3600s?

Anyway, I am running duals but they aren't matching subs. The XV15se is there to help smooth out the bass in the room.

My other XV15se is sitting in the outlet center of PSA. If anyone wants it I took really good care of it.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Thanks. So now you have 2 XV15se, correct? How are you integrating all 3? Or has that really even started yet?

Regarding running hot even with the V3600, I have found the same thing in my setup with starting where I use to be (around 5 db hot or so) and no longer run over 1-2 db hot.
Nope, traded in one XV15se. My current set up is the V3600 took the place of my rear back right XV15se. The other XV15se is still in the front left corner.
gbreda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15